PDA

View Full Version : Flaming Timberland series by jackofcourse

brnxblze
04-27-2009, 05:00 AM
These levels are amazing. If you haven't played them yet you have no idea what you're missing. I haven't gotten to play the second level of the series after he has published it but I had the honor of testing it before it was published and the sequel is even better than the first. Some of the most original, fun gameplay I have seen. PLAY THEM.

PSN: jackofcourse
Level: Flaming Timberland & Flaming Timberland 2

hilightnotes
04-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Yeah I just played the first one a couple days ago! It was really amazing.

He must have just come out with the second one, cause I didn't see it before. I'll have to go look now!

brnxblze
04-28-2009, 03:08 AM
Yeah, it just came out yesterday. You won't regret playing it, its even better than the first if that's even possible.

dkjestrup
04-28-2009, 08:03 AM
I thought it was okay. Barely a 4 star level, the first one. Going to play the second now. No story, very much boring gameplay. He uses the 3 planes well though.

Chimpanzee
04-29-2009, 11:17 PM
I played these the other day and I agree, they're amazing. I've uploaded a video of Flaming Timberland 2, for anyone who hasn't played it yet:

YouTube - LittleBigPlanet: Flaming Timberland 2 by jackofcourse (HD)

OverWork
04-30-2009, 12:43 AM
He is on this site and makes great levels the second one he showcases is in This Link (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10961&highlight=flaming)...check him out.

brnxblze
04-30-2009, 01:30 AM
He is on this site and makes great levels the second one he showcases is in This Link (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10961&highlight=flaming)...check him out.

Yeah, I know, I suggested to him that he should come to this site :D.

OverWork
04-30-2009, 01:42 AM
so your were that person in the comments, very well done. :)

Morgana25
04-30-2009, 02:02 AM
He has a thread for the first level now too.

http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10987&highlight=timberland

RE_pulse
04-30-2009, 04:40 AM
These levels are a must play. For anyone who has ever thought that you couldn't create a level on par with Media Molecule's with the tools that they supplied for us, these levels are an incredible reminder that the artist makes the tools, not the other way around. They work on all, well, levels for lack of a better term: theme, pacing, flowthrough, balance, look, ingenuity, you name it, Jack's levels excel at it.

Whalio Cappuccino
04-30-2009, 05:08 AM
This level is like a giant amazing Rude Goldberg that I keep playing over and over omg it's the best level ever.

Morgana25
04-30-2009, 05:43 AM
This level is like a giant amazing Rude Goldberg that I keep playing over and over omg it's the best level ever.

Do you mean Jaeyden's fully automated machine level? I didn't notice any machinery in this one? Am I confused?

Whalio Cappuccino
04-30-2009, 06:25 AM
Do you mean Jaeyden's fully automated machine level? I didn't notice any machinery in this one? Am I confused?

Lol, what I meant was, you do something, it causes something else to happen, then you do that, then Oh God another thing has been effected, and it's just like a giant domino effect, but your playing it.

Morgana25
04-30-2009, 05:07 PM
OH - I see what you mean now - yes that's very true.

Matt 82
04-30-2009, 05:21 PM
shouldn't this thread be locked since there's a 'proper' one? i love the series of levels but it's a pain going back and forth between 3 threads.

i'm not having a go here, i'm just interested to know if others like them as much as i do and it just makes it that little bit harder to have a discussion when the talk jumps from one thread to another.

brnxblze
05-01-2009, 12:04 AM
shouldn't this thread be locked since there's a 'proper' one? i love the series of levels but it's a pain going back and forth between 3 threads.

If they want to lock it then ok. I made this thread before Jack came here to recommend his levels to everyone.