PDA

View Full Version : Is LBPC the only non fanboyish site on the net?

blizzard_cool
06-24-2009, 02:40 PM
I didn't know where else to post this but:

Is it me or is LBPC the best community on the net. No fanboys or anything (or as much as I noticed...). It's great :D

Zwollie
06-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Well duuuuuh!! :)

Seriously now, it is the greatest online community I have been part of at least.

RockSauron
06-24-2009, 02:42 PM
www.gamefaqs.com

... waitwut? :O

anyway, in all seriousness... I guess there may be other non fanboyish forums... buried somewhere...

BSprague
06-24-2009, 02:59 PM
We play a very peace-minded game (LittleBigPlanet), and are therefore very peace-minded people. We find no such need to engage in fanboyish wars, as we are above that. :)

noddle111
06-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Yes! LBPC is fun and free of internet scum! I think partly due to our super-great moderators and awesome-friendly members and partly due to the fact that only cool people play LBP ;)!

wexfordian
06-24-2009, 03:10 PM
I feel a group hug coming on! :)

ARD
06-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Since when are we not fanboys?

I'm a fanboy...

RockSauron
06-24-2009, 03:18 PM
I feel a group hug coming on! :)

... Strange. That reminded me of me being evil and being Grumpy just because I'm supposed to, and that reminded me in turn of when I was in Disney World last August when I was watching a parade because my mom wanted to and I didn't. So I was sitting on the sidewalk at HollyWood Studios, looking depressed, when Grumpy (from Snow White) came by in the parade, and pointed at me. ... I couldn't help myself but to laugh :p. One of my favorite Disney memories, strange enough O-o.

Anyway, in the spirit of grumpy... *hugs whaaaaale*

... he told me to :O *squished*

Morgana25
06-24-2009, 04:43 PM
This is the only site I've ever really gotten involved with so I don't have much to compare it to but I'd like to think we're a pretty unique community around here. :) *group hug* just for you Wexfordian!

Zwollie
06-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Aaaaah, what the heck. Group hugs all around!!

RangerZero
06-24-2009, 05:05 PM
This forum is pretty mature indeed. There ARE fanboys but it won't show up much in the LBP related sections.

CCubbage
06-24-2009, 05:11 PM
I've been a member here for a pretty long time now, and there's definately a good reason for the quality of this site:

a) It started out with the "cream of the crop" mature creators in the beta.
b) It has extremely mature mods who want to keep the quality up (ConfusedCartman is wise beyond his years, for instance)
c) Because of the continued mentality of quality, we attract the best creators.

I think it IS a fanboy website, but we chase away immature attitudes (such as H4H and pushing low-quality levels just for plays).

lk9988
06-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Well there are probably fanboys here, but we find no need to engage in fanboyish flame wars. That's a thing I like so much about LBPC: the community here is mature.

Gr33n Eraser
06-24-2009, 06:27 PM

Is it me or is LBPC the best community on the net. No fanboys or anything (or as much as I noticed...). It's great :D

I just got here and this community is active, fun, and the members contribute. I've finally found what I've been looking for.

Syroc
06-24-2009, 06:44 PM
There are others. But I won't tell you which, because once they become to big they won't be as peaceful anymore. : (

BSprague
06-24-2009, 07:32 PM
There are others. But I won't tell you which, because once they become to big they won't be as peaceful anymore. : (

It's true, the bigger a forum gets, the more likely it is going to be corrupted.

Silverleon
06-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Haha, funny story, almost always i played with some friends (deboerdave & DoctorRamatool) they mentioned this "LittleBigPlanet Central" (was before i even knew about the place) they were always telling me to join but i thought it'd be like the regular fanboyish sites like the workshop and stuff so i kept passing it on, hardly interested. And now look at me, most active member of the site XD
I think this is one of the best forums i've ever been to. :)

dorien
06-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Were taking over the world don't you know ;)

This is the best site I've ever been a part of by a country mile :)

Everyone here is friendly and if there is a disagreement it is usually sorted out amicably and in a mature discussion. There are exceptions to the rule (but it blows over :D

This is the only place I've ever witnessed people discussing the pros and cons of different consoles/games and it stays in a mature fashion where people take in what others have to say.

LONG LIVE LBPC

AND I WILL TRY AND GET MY BIG OLD ARMS AROUND EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU FOR THAT GROUP HUG :)

redmagus
06-24-2009, 11:45 PM
Yeah this is one one of the only sites i go to that doesnt manage to annoy me every time i come here. I may be a bit new but what constitutes a "fanboy"?

Arkei
06-24-2009, 11:58 PM
There will never be a site with no fanboys, it's pretty ridiculous to hear people think that this place isn't.

Rustbukkit
06-25-2009, 07:59 AM
I've been a member of at least 8 different forums regarding everything from paintball and military/law enforcement, to special effects makeup and professional model building. In my opinion, the term fanboy really only relates to gaming console related forums. Although the term came out of the comic book world, and is often applied to those and sci-fi fans, I have never seen evidence of what people call fanboy-ism on any other sites regarding any other topics. Sure I've seen many sites with people who are close minded, or tend to gravitate more towards one way of thinking than another... but that doesn't translate into fanboy-ism the way it occurs in the gaming world. The Sony Playstation forum is rampant with accusations of members being fanboys... it's horrible.

I think there are definitely what some would consider fanboys here, but I don't believe they are prevalent considering there are no games like this one to make comparisons to on this or any other system at this point. I'm sure once other play/create/share games like ModNation Racers come out, or other consoles follow suit with this gaming philosophy... we will see a sharp rise in fanboys and girls.

Personally I hate the term, as it is clearly derogatory and meant to insult another persons interest in a subject. Just because you like one particular thing over another, does not make you a fanboy.... it just means you have a preference.

I personally think people need to mature and move away from using the term altogether and the mindset behind it.

Rustbukkit
06-25-2009, 08:18 AM
Yeah this is one one of the only sites i go to that doesnt manage to annoy me every time i come here. I may be a bit new but what constitutes a "fanboy"?

Fanboys are typically labeled so for being what is assumed to be overly protective of a certain game, character, franchise, etc.

Basically, anyone who is a hardcore fan of something can be labeled a fanboy. The people doing the labeling are usually people who can't accept that someone's interests or opinions don't coincide with their own, and aren't generally intelligent or mature enough to make a good argument for their own case, or simply accept that someone else likes something they do not. It really stems from immaturity and lack of social skills.

For example, I love the game Killzone. Other people love Halo (which I always thought pretty much sucked and was extremely overrated). Because of this difference in opinion, Halo fans will often call me a fanboy in an attempt to insult, anger, or get some kind of a rise out of me... simply based on the fact that I don't share their love of the game of their choice. There is no reason to label me as such... only their own fanaticism, immaturity, and pure lack of social skills that drive them to lash out at those of differing opinions. On the Playstation forums, we even had Killzone fans calling other Killzone fans "fanboys" simply because they found no problems with the controls of the game when it first launched (which were perceived by a small percentage of players to be problematic), and were vocal that these other players simply couldn't adapt to a control system that wasn't like other games they had played such as COD4.

It is more often that the one labeling someone a fanboy will exhibit more of the negative traits associated with fanboys themselves.

Typical examples of fanboy mentality are things like Star Wars vs Star Trek, Marvel vs. DC, Playstation vs Xbox.

Chump
07-02-2009, 12:18 AM
LittleBigWorkshop is one of Mm official forum site so... I think it's pretty serious out there.

gulliver49
07-02-2009, 12:33 AM
Is LBPC the only non fanboyish site on the net?

No. lol.

You need to go visit more forums buddy. Generally the smaller forums tend to have a better community free of fanboys and other nuisances.

LittleBigMe
07-02-2009, 04:54 AM
Yes. Thread end. :3.

RickRock_777
07-02-2009, 05:51 AM

Yes blizzard_cool, it's you...AND it's the best community on the net, with or without fanboys.:D

Rick