PDA

View Full Version : Some classic older LBP Levels

NickLaslett
08-11-2009, 05:58 AM
I took the opportunity to tidy up my Hearted list after becoming a member here.

I could see that there were going to be hundreds of great levels to play from the Level Showcase threads alone.

So before I started to work my way through all the LBP goodness here, I wanted to sort of reset my Hearted List.

There were a few older classic levels that I wanted to spotlight for anyone that missed them. I appreciate that many of these do have thousands of plays and are already well know.

KingSword 1 by VegaFoo
Jungle Jam by El_Beefo
Reading Fun for Kids by XenonHMW
The Secret of Lorio by Munba
Earthquake evasion by the_Killian
Pirate Tales by ThePred
Razhotep Tomb by aer0blue
Lost Tomb of Anubis by Natture
Platformer Pandemonium by Korghano

Some of the above creators like El_Beefo, Munba, the_Killian and Korghano have only made 1 or 2 levels, which is a real shame, it would be good to see more from them.

EVOin3D
08-11-2009, 06:15 AM
Lost Tomb of Anubis is old? If so, wow. That level still holds up to recent creations.

Roanoake
08-11-2009, 07:23 AM
I only remember playing Vegafoo's levels. I hearted them.

NickLaslett
08-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Lost Tomb of Anubis is old? If so, wow. That level still holds up to recent creations.

I think your right, I don't think Lost Tomb of Anubis is that old. I first came across it when I was looking for Egypt themed levels. This was only a few weeks before the Egypt pack.

Most of the others are from the beta or just after launch, the only other exception might be Pirate Tales.

BasketSnake
08-11-2009, 02:43 PM
MM featured one early on on their blog called Platform Perils or something. It's hearted on my first or second page I think. I like that. So simple yet good.

xkappax
08-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Anubis came out in February, three or four days after my level, the Crystal Cave in autumn. I know this because Nattura and I both got the shaft when they switched over to the new cool levels system, and I remember talking to him about it. :(

As far as old levels go, I've always loved Marynor's level, Tomb of Light.
Also, Robotic Automatic by Ragnarok Red, 2012 by Traxxer, and Mayansane Temple by Render FX.

Syroc
08-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Oh, do a search for @mooshywooshy and play "The Veebie-Tec Factory" and "Von Sackerson Mansion". Both amazed me at the time, back in November or so. (possibly because I didn't know how to make things invisible :) )

PS: I think he or she is still on my hearted creator list.

Hybrid
08-11-2009, 06:06 PM
the World of color
it was the first succes level that was maked in the beta and it stil exist

S-A-S--G-U-N-R
08-11-2009, 10:49 PM
YouTube - Little Big Planet: Houston, We Have A Problem

This was in the beta, it was improved a lot and made more cinematic when LBP was released. It has also been made a lot longer and more challenges were put in.

Rustbukkit
08-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Cool... I'll have to check some of these out that I haven't seen before. Thanks.

EVOin3D
08-12-2009, 03:19 AM
MM featured one early on on their blog called Platform Perils or something. It's hearted on my first or second page I think. I like that. So simple yet good.

Have you played Platforming Piers by the same creator, Cstrfrk?

xkappax
08-12-2009, 02:34 PM
I don't know how I forgot this one, but Seal of Silvraen - Shadows of an Ancient Era by Vmethos. Took him like 4 months to make.

Hybrid
08-12-2009, 07:10 PM
i know another cool old level but dont know the name anymore it was about a underwater tempel wive a giant sea monster

gevurah22
08-13-2009, 12:36 AM
i know another cool old level but dont know the name anymore it was about a underwater tempel wive a giant sea monster

LOL, the Azure Palace? (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3377) ^^

CCubbage
08-13-2009, 12:43 PM
LOL, the Azure Palace? (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3377) ^^
Yeah, I'm gonna take a wild guess that's it.

Man I love this website!

ARD
08-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Ramp, anyone?

Seriously though, I really liked the levels of old, like World of Color and Azure Palace. Shame those jealous trophy hunters (wasn't even H4H then) had to grief everything...

S-A-S--G-U-N-R
08-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Ramp is on my recently hearted list since it was deleted over time- 1/2 the comments are awesome level, best LBP level ever and 1/2 are this level sucks (from people who don't know how awesome ramp really is). I played it 3 days ago and it's still as good as the first time I played it.
:p
EDIT: Dead Space is kind of a classic now too.

xkappax
08-13-2009, 03:32 PM

No, i think it's "cat vs. jaguar" he's thinking of.

resistance1
08-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Ramp is on my recently hearted list since it was deleted over time- 1/2 the comments are awesome level, best LBP level ever and 1/2 are this level sucks (from people who don't know how awesome ramp really is). I played it 3 days ago and it's still as good as the first time I played it.
:p
EDIT: Dead Space is kind of a classic now too.

I hearted ramp as well. Just because it's a fantastic level. :rolleyes: It isn't as bad as some say though, it's multi-path, it has the single greatest LBP vehicle in creation (for those that haven't played ramp:rolleyes:, it's the skateboard), it has rocket boosters, what is there not to like?!

I remember dead space... that was brilliant!:)