PDA

View Full Version : Symphony X

ChristmasJew
08-22-2009, 10:31 PM
My friend told me about them a few weeks ago and they're now my new favorite band.

Anyone else like them?

I like every song from the 4 albums I got of them. I got The Divine Wings Of Tragedy, Paradise Lost, Twilight In Olympus, and The Odyssey.

So as you can see I like progressive metal. Another good progressive metal band (not as good as Symphony X but very good) is Dream Theater. Their album Images and Words is amazing.

Anyone else have the same taste as me?

KoRnDawwg
08-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Oh my god I thought I was the only person who listens to this band! Paradise Lost is one of my favourite albums ;)

Gilgamesh
08-23-2009, 03:28 PM
A friend of mine introduced me to this band a while back. I like the style, but there are only a few songs that particularly struck with me : Evolution (The Grand Design), Inferno, Of Sins and Shadows, Smoke and Mirrors.

ChristmasJew
08-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Oh my god I thought I was the only person who listens to this band! Paradise Lost is one of my favourite albums ;)
Well you'd think popular would mean good but most popular bands suck.

The best bands are usually underground bands (they're not well known) like Symphony X and Dream Theater.

They don't have a wide spread audience but those who do know them love them (like me :D).

And yea I love Paradise Lost too.

OmegaSlayer
08-23-2009, 08:32 PM
I can tell you one thing.
I bought "The ****ation Game" day one, and since in Europe "Divine Wings Of Tragedy" was supposed to be released a lot later, I bought the Japanese edition for nearly 80 $.
This is how much I love Symphony-X.
I love Michael Romeo, one of the better guitarist of the world.
The solo of Sea Of Lies is nuts

ZOMG! Look at those fatty quick fingers!

Alex™
08-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Well you'd think popular would mean good but most popular bands suck.

The best bands are usually underground bands (they're not well known) like Symphony X and Dream Theater.

They don't have a wide spread audience but those who do know them love them (like me :D).

That's so wrong it's untrue lol.

For Example:

Iron Maiden = popular
Trivium = popular
Guns N Roses = popular
ac dc = popular
BFMV = popular
In Flames = popular
Metallica = popular
Killswitch Engage = popular
Children of Bodom = popular

They all rule.... and they are all examples of popular awesome bands. I could list them all day if you want....

OmegaSlayer
08-27-2009, 04:52 PM
And Dream Theater are popular for sure.
In Italy they always reach the top 5 of best selling records.

ChristmasJew
08-27-2009, 05:44 PM

For Example:

Iron Maiden = popular
Trivium = popular
Guns N Roses = popular
ac dc = popular
BFMV = popular
In Flames = popular
Metallica = popular

They all rule.... and they are all examples of popular awesome bands. I could list them all day if you want....
Well I just meant how like crappy rap and other music is somehow so popular when the music is horrible. Just go in to a high school and look at everyone's iPod. 80% of them will have a bunch of crap.

Alex™
08-27-2009, 05:51 PM
Fair enough then lol

KoRnDawwg
08-27-2009, 06:55 PM

For Example:

Iron Maiden = popular
Trivium = popular
Guns N Roses = popular
ac dc = popular
BFMV = popular
In Flames = popular
Metallica = popular

It's all to do with taste, and I actually agree with Dylan to a certain degree. I mean, of the list you have there, I really hate BFMV and Killswitch Engage, and, to some extent, Metallica too. But why are they popular? 'Cause they're mainstream, you know, middle of the road ;) The bands that I like are not as popular, specifically because they aren't mainstream. But their will to experiment earns them a lot of respect (Tool, Opeth and Porcupine Tree are prime examples) :)

OmegaSlayer
08-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Did any of you guys ever listened to Shadow Gallery?

From the first album