PDA

View Full Version : Rain Tech Demo

Ayneh
11-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Rain Tech Demo by Ayneh

Whenever I've seen rain with thunder and lightning in levels it often looks unrealistic, so I thought I'd try to see if I could do any better.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/Corporeal/9fd4dc70.jpg

Press the button if you want to remove global lighting.

You can copy the level to your moon. After you've copied it check towards the lower-left of the level for easily captureable objects used to create the effect.

The rain used in this level takes up 1 notch of thermo.

enodrawkcab
11-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Awesome! I am currently working on a Heavy Sea's level. This could come in very handy. I'll check it out tonight. If I use it I'll be sure to give you credit.

Coxy224
11-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Just checked this out and it's really good :)

Looks better with the GLT on though

croissantbuncake
11-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Excellent stuff, it works really well. Now I'm tempted to rebuild the snow simulator for my current project, thermo-permitting of course!

Gilgamesh
11-15-2009, 12:39 AM
Hey, that's really ingenious. I would have never thought of making rain that way. It must be much more thermometer friendly than using emitters. :idea:

Ayneh
11-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Awesome! I am currently working on a Heavy Sea's level. This could come in very handy. I'll check it out tonight. If I use it I'll be sure to give you credit.
I could make you a larger version if you want, 'cause the rain in the published level only covers a small area.

It must be much more thermometer friendly than using emitters. :idea:
You can make glass invisible as well, right? Maybe it could be made more thermo-friendly by replacing the rubber I used to connect the pieces of glass with more (invisible) glass, thereby removing an extra thermo-hogging material.