PDA

View Full Version : Leonardo da Stickerist ~ Art Contest ~ Round IV (DELAYED)

Kog
11-24-2009, 01:16 AM
Stickers can really change a level, they can make it look much more realistic, or give it a cartoonish feel. Take AntonioLadrillo for example, he uses stickers on almost all his levels, and it gives them a unique style that really tells you he made it.

So, to show what awesomeness can be made with stickers, I decided to make this contest. Create art with the many stickers at your disposal, and try to bring out interesting and unique art.

Without further ado, I present to you... Leonardo da Stickerist!

Rules:

1. No decorations! Only stickers!
2. The only tools you can is the sticker placer, and the selector so you can delete unwanted stickers.
3. The picture must be on a piece of cardboard. You can choose whatever size it is, but it has to be a rectangular piece of cardboard, and you cannot change its shape!
4. Stay to theme! Every round will have a theme, so stick to it, and don't make something completely off-theme!
5. Only two entries per round, and you can only win once a round. Also, if you get first in a round, you cannot win the next round, but you can still participate just for fun. (Second and Third place winners can still win though!)
6. Judges can enter the contest, but they cannot win.
7. Post a picture in this thread when you are done!
8. No custom stickers, just the ones MM gave you.
9. Name your file right. I shall post what the file should be called, which will make posting the pictures on this post much easier, and quicker. (Most of the time it will be: lds(Theme name)(Your exact forum name) )

Judges:

1. Cog
2. dajdaj03
3. goldenclaw13

Prizes:

1st: 400xp
2nd: 250xp
3rd: 150xp

Round IV Theme:

The Plant Monsters from your Popit!

Ooooh! Monster plants! Er... plant monsters. This round you must (YES! WE ARE FORCING YOU TO MAKE AN ENTRY! MWUHAHAHA!) make a plant monster. What this is, is some sort of monster made with 'natural' stickers. If you make Frankenstein with green stickers, this still works. As long as it looks like a monster and a plant, it goes! So yeah, if you are confused, just ask and I'll try to explain it more thoroughly.

Also, when posting your picture, please name the file: ldsPM(Your exact forum name)

For example, mine would look like:

ldsPMCog

Entries:

None yet! (Or I'm too lazy to post them)

Dates:

This round has been delayed till January. (Entries still accepted!)

Ok, now stop looking at this thread, and make an entry, or else I will send my special assassin (Daj) after you. He's a master ninja, and knows 3,567,844 ways to kill a person. So yeah, make an entry. NOW!

If you opened this spoiler tag, you are obviously not listening to my instructions, and Daj will be on his way to your home. Goodbye.

dajdaj03
11-24-2009, 03:01 AM
Yeah, round IV is here!
Ok the theme may sounds a little strange... (maybe because it's my idea:p)

Additional informations to what Cog said :
For example, think of ecology and environment issues :
what if the pollution and the bad behavior of humans would cause Nature transformations,
and gave birth to fantastic or scary creatures/monsters..?

That is what we want you to imagine! What would they look like? :)
You can make this in any way you want : scary, funny, poetic etc...
but you must stick to the Flora theme (green nature/plants...)

Hope it will inspire you to make nice things!

And you better come out with many entries,
or, as Cog said, I can become very dangerous! :p

BabyDoll1970
11-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Yes, daj, heaven forbid any of us should end up with an Eiffel Tower replica inserted somewhere in our person!! I think it sounds great. And I'm not trying to suck up... but if it has that effect , hey, I won't knock it back ;D

dajdaj03
11-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Yes, daj, heaven forbid any of us should end up with an Eiffel Tower replica inserted somewhere in our person!!

Just lol!!!! but yeah you better be careful..... :p

Seriously, we really do hope that you find this a not too bad contest theme,
and that you'll not be the only one.... :)

piggabling
11-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Sound interesting......

Quite a unique topic but I suppose that is what you wanted!

I'll see if I have time to enter, cause you know I am the reigning champ :p
For now! Good luck everyone! I am really anxious to see what everyone comes up with!

mat1629
11-25-2009, 09:50 PM
finally I've been waiting for this ill get to this as soon as the battlefield bad company beta stops being fun.

BabyDoll1970
11-30-2009, 03:14 AM
Here is my entry numero uno. Technically I can't enter as I was a runner up last time, but I hope you like it anyway. As usual, I've included a couple (!) of details. Wish I had a HD capture card. You lose so much in these thumbnail sized photos :(

http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=940&pictureid=9213 http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=940&pictureid=9212

http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=940&pictureid=9214 http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=940&pictureid=9215

Kog
11-30-2009, 04:19 AM
Wow! That's really good! Also, I'm gonna use your idea, of allowing 2nd and third place winners of the last round to participate in the next round!

dajdaj03
11-30-2009, 08:45 AM
Wow great work Babydoll! I love it! You respected the theme perfectly!

Round 4 has now really began! ;)

Zwollie
11-30-2009, 08:49 AM
Geez...babydoll...seriously....that is fantastic!!
A real talent when it comes to these things, you create your own artwork as well by any chance?

squirlin
11-30-2009, 09:57 AM
Wow Babydoll! That entry is crazy good! That picture just comes to life and you've chosen the perfect moment to capture! :D

BabyDoll1970
11-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Hey, thanks you guys! :blush: It actually turned out a little better than I anticipated, in some regards. I must say that monster pack has certainly come in handy. Zwollie, I've done a little art here and there (not much time lately), mainly drawing, but I'm a face painter by trade, so does that count? :rolleyes:

shropshirelass
11-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Wow, BabyDoll, that is a fantastic entry - your best one so far in my opinion. I love the contrast between the bleak gnarled trees and the pretty, seemingly innocent flowers. It tells a great story too - poor little girl, lol! The bones are a nice touch and the fact that the flowers are growing out of the monster's nostril. Lovely colour in the sky too.

I first saw your entry in one of the Social Groups but I've repeated my comments here because not everyone will see them there - so please bear with me anyone who has to read them twice!

mat1629
11-30-2009, 09:54 PM
very nice it reminds me of that movie tremors if any one saw it very nice i like your use of the dead scenery and that small touch of lying beauty

Kog
11-30-2009, 10:42 PM
:D Babydoll you brought this thread back from the depths :D

dajdaj03
12-01-2009, 11:52 AM
:D Babydoll you brought this thread back from the depths :D

lol true! And she raised the bar very high...

Hope people will not be afraid to compete with you babydoll,
and will show us some entries too :eek: :p

BabyDoll1970
12-01-2009, 08:26 PM
No.. there's enough talent out there so don't worry about that. The entries will come (unless people are too busy with end of year functions and CHristmas shopping (yuk!).

Enough nice comments about my picture now. Moving right along...

Kog
12-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Ok, we have one entry and four days left! Bring in the entries, as I want to make another round before Christmas, and don't want to extend this one!

dajdaj03
12-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Yeah, this round failed... :( certainly because of the theme...
Anyway, as you said Cog, let's move on to the next one, no need to extend it.

But people you still have 1 day, if you want to post an entry ;) :p

jwwphotos
12-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Sorry guys! I wish I had time to do an entry this round, but so many other projects both in LBP and at home has my time for stickering pretty much non existent. :(

Kog
12-06-2009, 02:10 AM
Well daj, I don't want to ruin this round, so my idea ws to delay this round, then do the Christmas round. Then once that round is over we can go back here.

So yeah: THIS ROUND IS NOW CLOSED UNTIL JANUARY!

Yeah, I'll start up the christmas round, and then in January we will start this one back up :D

Btw, you guys can still post your entries, so hopefully we can get lots of entries!

BabyDoll1970
12-06-2009, 04:28 AM
There is nothing wrong with the theme, daj! Nothing at all. I was really excited about it. I think you'll find it's the time of year coupled with a few other comps and events going on here at LBPC that have kept our usuals away. She'll be right, mate ;)

shropshirelass
12-06-2009, 06:34 AM
I'm sure BabyDoll is right, daj. The theme is a great one with lots of potential but with all the other contests that are going on and online create, let alone everything that's happening in the real world right now, people simply haven't had the time! Cog's idea of delaying it until January definitely looks like the best option.

selky
01-16-2010, 09:16 PM
im rubbilsh at making sickers i only got 91 hearts