PDA

View Full Version : Metroid? Or Spec Ops?

Spark151
03-09-2010, 01:32 AM
After hearing many people wanting a new meroid level.
I decided to start one.
Although as I was creating the new level, I wasn't sure if I should have it as a Metroid level or just some Spec. Ops type of level.
I was thinking more of a spec. ops type of level because I wasn't too sure on what to do in the Metroid levels.
I couldn't think about any ideas on the storyline, what bosses to include, and the landscape.
Then I realized, it can be a Spec. Ops level, your a recon and you wonder in a Earthly Landscape.
There will be bosses (Just like Metroid), Except the difference is that I make up my own bosses.
The storyline is kind of basic, just a simple mission.

So this is where I'm stuck, should I create a Metroid level?
Or should I use my new plan?

I'm thinking about my new plan, but many people seem to want a Metroid level, and I'm willing to do that.

This decision does effect the whole entire level. (note on that)
So this is when you guys help me choose. :)

(By the way, the level won't be made in a long time since I'm working on "Visiting The Canyons" level)

Spark151
03-10-2010, 01:57 AM
Bumping this thread :D

MattAstr
03-10-2010, 03:57 AM
Well, I LOVED your Metroid levels, but the thing is I've never played a Metroid game in my life. So I guess I couldn't really be that attached to the characters all that much as I could of been.

So personally, I'd say go for Spec Ops, fresher and isn't based of anything.

xero
03-26-2010, 08:34 PM
A Mario level was deleted from the community moon because it's a direct violation of copyright laws by using copyrighted characters etc. Who's to say it won't happen with a Metroid level too? I'd say spoof it (use original names based off the originals, like Zamus Arab or something), or go completely new.