PDA

View Full Version : LBPC: The Game Room Creation Contest!- Over, Results on page 17 :kz:

Pages : [1] 2

RockSauron
04-08-2010, 12:36 AM
LBPC: The Game Create Contest

For those of you who do not know, LBPC: The Game (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?10722-LBPC-The-Game) is an epic LBP series spanning an entire account. Now is your chance to help build this project :)

Find Other Happy Gadders Minigame
It is of vital importance that you know what exactly the room you're building is for. One of the minigames in LBPC: The Game will be a teleporter maze, spanning dozens of rooms as you teleport to find your way out. Our hope is that you'll get so lost, that you must create a map on paper in order to find your way out. Of course, there will be some other secrets, but the basis of the minigame, the rooms you teleport through, will be made by you.
Get the copyable template here:

PSN: RockSauron
Level: LBPC: The Game FOHG Contest Template

Rules

Your room must be related to LBPC in some way. It could be based off a social group, a contest, or a thread- you just must be able to relate it to LBPC in some manner.
Do not go outside the room, all logic, if there is any, must be inside the room.
Do not touch the emitters, the checkpoints or the sponges. Leave as is. They must be built around.
No Music- You may, however, use sounds.
No limits on materials, but please try to remember thermo.
Remember your room will be surrounded by other rooms, so plan accordingly.
15 Score bubbles must be placed throughout your room- no more, no less.
You may enter as many rooms as you like.
When your level is completed, publish it copyable (preferably locked, with a key sent to me some way so that others can't see), and post in this thread
*entry

Prizes
Every room that is accepted will win 100 experience.
The top five rooms, as chosen by the LBPC: The Game team, will win 600 experience.

Deadline
The Deadline is May 7th

Happy creating!

Littlebigdude805
04-08-2010, 12:56 AM
ok so the room has to be LBPC related, so it can't be used like ad space for your level or series?

thekevinexpress
04-08-2010, 01:08 AM
Ok, two questions.

How many total will be selected?
And do I need to publish the level it's in copyable?

RockSauron
04-08-2010, 01:14 AM
ok so the room has to be LBPC related, so it can't be used like ad space for your level or series?

Well... that's a tricky one... I'd say no to ad space for levels, which fairness would probably have to translate to series as well...

Ok, two questions.

How many total will be selected?
And do I need to publish the level it's in copyable?

1. That honestly depends on how well thermo holds... I was hoping to see if that thermo glitch Aya posted would help enable more rooms, but I have no idea how it works. I'll just wait and see until I get a clearer idea on how many we can squeeze into a rectangular shape, although I'm hoping for a few bonus rooms... but you won't have to worry about that. The more the merrier, of course- the more easy to get lost in, the better :D
2. Ah yes, forgot- will add that into first post, thanks :)

Littlebigdude805
04-08-2010, 01:19 AM
so what your going for is basically the player is hopping about the "forum" right? thats cool

standby250
04-08-2010, 01:24 AM
So let me get this straight so everythings clear for me...
We use the template to make a mini puzzle/game which is LBPC related - right?
Do we also need to include an entrance and an exit?
And also, the puzzle / minigame could be anything?
Sorry for these questions, just wanna get everything cleared up
Thanks - will check out template level a little later!
:)

RockSauron
04-08-2010, 01:28 AM
So let me get this straight so everythings clear for me...
We use the template to make a mini puzzle/game which is LBPC related - right?
Do we also need to include an entrance and an exit?
And also, the puzzle / minigame could be anything?
Sorry for these questions, just wanna get everything cleared up
Thanks!

Ok, I figured it might be confusing...

The template already has four checkpoints and grab switches, which act as a teleporter. Thus, each of these four checkpoints act as an entrance AND an exit, depending on if you enter through the checkpoint or "teleporter" or exit through it.

The challenge can be anything, as long as it serves as a way to get to any of the other three checkpoints. People will also most likely jump to your room multiple times, so remember that your room isn't just a one shot deal, many people will move through your room multiple times.

And it must be related to LBPC in some way, and you must tell me your reasoning for how it is so when you enter your room.

... Is anyone still confused? Everyone I've explained it to seems to have been confused, so no shame in it <_>

standby250
04-08-2010, 01:34 AM
Ah okay then...
So we ignore the checkpoints generally - we don't have to worry about attatching (Ignore my spelling there) switches to them or anything? Well, thanks for the info - I'll check out the template in a bit as this might clear things up a little - then I'll post back here if I'm still confused or need any more explaining!
Thanks Rock!

Duffluc
04-08-2010, 01:41 AM
Interesting! If time allows, I'll make sure to take a stab at this.

Phosphorus15
04-08-2010, 01:53 AM
Cool! I'll definently take a try at this whenever I have time!

Anyway, what are experience points?

standby250
04-08-2010, 01:56 AM
Anyway, what are experience points?
They make up a series of green bars underneath your avator picture. It's a bit like respect points, or reward points.

Another question - sorry Rock!
1: Do stickers take up thermo? Because it'd be good to know whether I should use stickers or not.
2: Is it acceptable to hide a key to one of our levels in the room?
Thanks!

mr Radical 5601
04-08-2010, 02:03 AM
uhh.... how do i make a level? My PS3 keeps spitting out toasted bread.... FML...

really though, congrats on the official site seal of approval / sticky. I'll show you the rough draft of the survivor room next time i see you on.

RockSauron
04-08-2010, 02:04 AM
They make up a series of green bars underneath your avator picture. It's a bit like respect points, or reward points.

Another question - sorry Rock!
1: Do stickers take up thermo? Because it'd be good to know whether I should use stickers or not.
2: Is it acceptable to hide a key to one of our levels in the room?
Thanks!

No, that's rep- experience points are a feature that was lost on the transition from 3.8 to 4.0, but hopefully will be back in a few weeks, and we'll reward you with your exp when it returns.

Stickers take up their own thermo, which will be so insignificant you might as well use stickers.

And no, no keys in your rooms.

Arnald23
04-08-2010, 02:27 AM
This sounds cool I may enter but it sounds difficult to create im going to see some other levels first then I decide lol :D

Frinklebumper
04-08-2010, 02:34 AM
O...M...G...

The deadline's on my birthday! :p

I'll see if I can enter...

Whiskasdacat
04-08-2010, 03:12 AM
uh i kinda want to participate, but idk what "theme" in LBPC to go with :( can anyone make a suggestion to a new guy? I have the basics down for a room, but right now it's just a bunch of cardboard...

chezhead
04-08-2010, 03:26 AM
Sounds GREAT! I am going to do one, actually a couple!
I have so many ideas, but I will share a couple with you guys, FEEL FREE TO USE THESE.

Graveyard for "retired" members?
Chez-land. Anyone up for a altar of ME? ME ME ME ME ME ME ME
The "Troll cave"

Burnvictim42
04-08-2010, 04:03 AM
uh i kinda want to participate, but idk what "theme" in LBPC to go with :( can anyone make a suggestion to a new guy? I have the basics down for a room, but right now it's just a bunch of cardboard...

Well, just look around, i'm sure you'll find something! There are social groups related to life, the universe, and everything in it. Threads in general gaming, general chat, and general media relating to generally everything :p LBPC is well known for its community spotlights, creator spotlights, F4F system, Logic Pack, and friendly community. Chances are, if you come up with an idea- you'll be able to find a way to LBPCize it. (got a level based on FF13? relate it to the social group. Want to put a part of your level in there? relate it to the showcase. Want to make a level based on the little big workshop? wrong forum, try changing the name ;))

I think some of the LBPCTG team members are going to make some rooms as well, so when the final level rolls around, it won't just be user submissions. So don't think making a room for this will "ruin the surprise" so to speak ;p

SLS10
04-08-2010, 04:21 AM
Mmm, yes. I do wonder what kind of room I shall make. Themed things are always fun.

YEAH_NAH
04-08-2010, 04:30 AM
O...M...G...

The deadline's on my birthday! :p

I'll see if I can enter...

LOL... 2 days after MINE!!!

hiphopliveson
04-08-2010, 05:01 AM
i have my room but is it ok if i put the key in a password lvl? and il PM you the password ... and what should i name this password lvl for you tu find it? ... search @hiphopliveson and look at the north pole... ok?
PSN: hihopliveson
Level: LBPC:The Game contest password room

chezhead
04-08-2010, 05:05 AM
I got mine done, but I don't feel too safe saying what it is, after the MSB thing, I realized everyone in this community would be willing to not steal ideas.

I sent you a PM with the complicated way of getting the level.

OneEyedBanshee
04-08-2010, 05:22 AM
Sounds fun but no idea what I could make. I'll download it anyhow and see if I'm inspired while I float about the template.

soni2295
04-08-2010, 07:10 AM
some questions.

what experience points does?, what is the dead line?
how can i win a crown?

Burnvictim42
04-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Deadline
The Deadline is May 7th

Experience is mainly related to upgrading profile spaces. However we currently lack an experience system, as we are waiting for the experience system to upgrade to our version of vbulletin.

As to earning a crown, this is a bit off topic, but i'd look for the LBW4 competition :)

robotiod
04-08-2010, 08:43 AM
OOOOOOOOhhhhhhh i want to enter this great contest, But are you not giving away peanuts as a prize as well, that makes me sad :(

TripleTremelo
04-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Well... that's a tricky one... I'd say no to ad space for levels, which fairness would probably have to translate to series as well...

I think it'd be kinda cool if people were allowed to base their rooms on levels they've made, not like an advertisement though. So while people went through them they'd recognize some. For example if I made one based my Cause And Effect series, they'd see the gadgets interacting and be like 'oh cool must be by the TripleTrelemlo dude'

It'd be a giant maze/showcase of mini versions of LBPC levels. Just a thought though, I'm sure you guys know what you're doing. I'm just having trouble getting inspired from something here.

Burnvictim42
04-08-2010, 09:11 AM
I think it'd be kinda cool if people were allowed to base their rooms on levels they've made, not like an advertisement though. So while people went through them they'd recognize some. For example if I made one based my Cause And Effect series, they'd see the gadgets interacting and be like 'oh cool must be by the TripleTrelemlo dude'

It'd be a giant maze/showcase of mini versions of LBPC levels. Just a thought though, I'm sure you guys know what you're doing. I'm just having trouble getting inspired from something here.

I like the idea, Its a bit up to rock though. The only problem I see is that the cause and effect situation wouldn't work the same. (as the player could come in from 4 locations)

EDIT: Your levels were spotlighted, were they not? That seems like a tie to me (if one is required)

RoseScythe
04-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Any limitations on using glitched layers or the global lighting tool?

Also it would've been handy if the template was aligned to one of the grids.

Doopz
04-08-2010, 11:07 AM
I had such a good idea.... but I can't find a way to do it. So I'll tell everyone it and if someone thinks of a good way, that'd be nice :).

Basically it was going to be based on the Photoshop thread, pictures of sackpeople would be emitting and you'd have to stick moustaches and beards and all that on them. :p

RockSauron
04-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Any limitations on using glitched layers or the global lighting tool?

Also it would've been handy if the template was aligned to one of the grids.

Hm... probably best if no glitched layers or global lighting tool (unless I made it necessary for everyone to have a global lighting tool for their room... so either no one or everyone)

And yes, it would have been... uh... I blme Joey/Lady Luck, they're the ones who made it D:

hm... as for levels... I think that might be a good idea, but I don't want it to just be one level... perhaps it should have to be a series? :/

RoseScythe
04-08-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm basing my room on the Silent Hill group so it'll need the right fog, light settings to look right is all.

RockSauron
04-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Hm... well... Alright, would it be possible to have the global switch revert back to normal when you teleport away? So you set it up so the Global lights change when you enter, but revert back to normal when you leave. Try that.

RoseScythe
04-08-2010, 11:51 AM
That might be tricky. You can't revert back to the previous setting without using a seperate GLT. Best to leave it then?

Pity there wasn't one included in the template that we could set... *hint hint*

How many entries so far?

AfterBurner9901
04-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Aaawwwweesssoomeeeneess...how do i send a "Key"?

Doopz
04-08-2010, 12:01 PM
Aaawwwweesssoomeeeneess...how do i send a "Key"?

Find a lock box, Comphermc has a copyable one on his published levels. Then set up a code put in the key and PM Rock with the code ;).

chezhead
04-08-2010, 03:37 PM
I love adding little hidden "chez"s around, so look for those when/if some rooms are accepted!

Leather-Monkey
04-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Hey Rock. Although I'm kinda associated with the project already, would I be able to enter a room? Most probably a Sackinima themed room. Meyeh, would that be allowed?

moonwire
04-08-2010, 04:45 PM
I will certainly create a room for the Fun & Friendly Group, if there are not any making it already.

Burnvictim42
04-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Hey Rock. Although I'm kinda associated with the project already, would I be able to enter a room? Most probably a Sackinima themed room. Meyeh, would that be allowed?
I'm sure thats allowed. Some LBPCTG members will be making rooms as well (though not entering them in the contest I don't believe). Variety is something we want, and I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to.

I will certainly create a room for the Fun & Friendly Group, if there are not any making it already.
I'm not sure if anyone else is making a group room yet, but don't feel that an idea is necessarily "taken". Two people may have majorly different takes on the same idea, particularly something like the fun and friendly group, and both may be phernomenal additions :)

That might be tricky. You can't revert back to the previous setting without using a seperate GLT. Best to leave it then?
How many entries so far?
As to entries I can't help you, as to GLT settings I believe I can. If you use two proximity switches and an OR gate to create a precise rectangular area, you can trigger a "normal" GLT when sackboy leaves, and a "silent hill" glt when he enters the room- without interefering with other rooms.
See this thread if you want more about the area: http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?17405-How-to-make-rectangular-sensor-areas!&highlight=square+sensor

Chump
04-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Count me in to make a room... about what? I don't really know yet :P

soni2295
04-08-2010, 08:46 PM
how big can be a room?

Doopz
04-08-2010, 08:53 PM
how big can be a room?

The size of the template published on the PSN: RockSauron

soni2295
04-08-2010, 09:00 PM
The size of the template published on the PSN: RockSauron

and we must fill ith content.

hiphopliveson
04-08-2010, 09:01 PM
i hope my room is good enough... if NOT ...IL CRY...=))...no ,but i will make a new one ;p

soni2295
04-08-2010, 09:15 PM
can i delete the checkpoints inside? why 4 grab-able glases that kill you?

soni2295
04-08-2010, 09:19 PM
this will be like a maze? right checkpoint go to right room, uper tu up and that?

hiphopliveson
04-08-2010, 09:31 PM
can i delete the checkpoints inside? why 4 grab-able glases that kill you?

thats the template you have to respect the rules... but you can do anything you want to it except :

-delete checkpoints
-tweak the emitters
-overheat the thermometer ! SERIOUSLY

What you can do to it:

-change the materials
-virtually anything ,but , LBPC themed

Happy creating ! :cool:

Whiskasdacat
04-08-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm hearing "Lockbox Levels" for the keys i guess, so rock I'm about to send you a PM with the level + code

soni2295
04-08-2010, 10:26 PM
can i add trigers outside the room?

standby250
04-08-2010, 10:32 PM

How many entries so far?
You could probably make it so it reverts back to normal by attatching grab switches on the sponges - as this will be how people exit the level anyway, and then use sensor switches for when people enter the room

RockSauron
04-08-2010, 10:38 PM
can i add trigers outside the room?

As stated in the rules, no logic outside the room.

Also, Whiskdacat, you need to have your room copyable or i can't take it, now can I?

Once Whiskdacat makes his room copyable, \we'll have three entries... Team guys, I posted a level will all the rooms so far on my account, same way to get into it as with all levels, hopefully it won't glitch again >_>

RoseScythe
04-08-2010, 10:38 PM
I'll try that and just have it revert back to the default 'create' GLT setting. I just didn't want to make the room overly complex. :)

ferrrch
04-08-2010, 10:43 PM
this sounds like a really cool idea

Brian.C.Powers
04-08-2010, 11:04 PM
I don't like this room template. I'm sorry to say but it kinda blows. As stated before it's not even grid-lined. I'll do my best regardless to make a room.

RockSauron
04-08-2010, 11:08 PM
Yeah, it should be, Joey just doesn't like grids I guess XD

I can probably make it but grid aligned, course everything done so far would have to be thrown out, so yeah, would people who did it already mind? :/

Brian.C.Powers
04-08-2010, 11:17 PM
It's no problem. I just thickened the edges inward for my own personal grid while still keeping yalls dimensions. I understand yall are using a teleportation system so does that mean I can move the entry point(checkpoints) and exit point(grab switches) around. That would help out a ton. I know that it doesn't matter where there are just as long as they exist. I think I read in the original rules you said to build around them though, but I don't see why it has to be that way.

Whiskasdacat
04-08-2010, 11:18 PM
uhh I don't care really i could do it again, pretty easy acutally and just repost it over the level so youd allready have the key. Could have sworn i made it copyable (but ya know...I'm kinda crazy) I'll fix that after i wait for the grid line i guess as I can't get to my playstation at the moment

RockSauron
04-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Hm... well, I suppose you can move the checkpoints/ grab switches... BUT they MUST be next to each other, and all four much be fairly clearly in one of the cardinal directions. So one of them can be easily identified as the left One, the right one, ect. This would be to help people who are making the maps I want them to make so much >_>.

Brian.C.Powers
04-08-2010, 11:23 PM
I would have it teleporting them all over the place lol. But that's just me making this ridiculously confusing. Don't mind me I will follow the rules.

hiphopliveson
04-09-2010, 12:28 AM
ok... well... BUMMER DUDE ... REexplain what we can do with the room + these 5 min updates... then il be happy to make a new one ............ :cool:

Chump
04-09-2010, 12:30 AM
The inner borders aren't gird lined but the outside ones are so what is the problem? I made my room in 2 hours with no problems. Of course I had to add a little border to my box but it's no big deal. PLEASE DON'T REDO IT. It would be useless sorry Brian but it's true...

RockSauron
04-09-2010, 12:32 AM
Yeah, I won't redo it :)

Speaking of which, Chuck, did you just say you finished one? ;o May I... have it? :kz:

Chump
04-09-2010, 12:39 AM
lol I'm ALMOST done with it, all i need to do is matching it to a LBPC thing and change materials, but the strucutre is dun :D

hiphopliveson
04-09-2010, 12:48 AM
so the rules remain the same as first explained ...right?

soni2295
04-09-2010, 01:05 AM
rocksauron i need to give you the key, please send me a private message.

Brian.C.Powers
04-09-2010, 01:26 AM
It's no problem I, I didn't expect anything to chage. I'm still trying to think of what to put in my room right now. Sorry if I confused anyone or made anyones day hard, cuz that's not what I want to do. Good luck everyone, and I'll try to finish mine asap.

nitewalker11
04-09-2010, 01:48 AM
I'll definitly be making a room for this, and I have a great theme in mind :P

soni2295
04-09-2010, 02:21 AM
info = the 4 grab able glases are made of glass with pinky material propierties, use the common glass material does not count as a new material, so the thermo wouldnt increase much using glass.

Brian.C.Powers
04-09-2010, 02:55 AM
I don't know much about the glitch they used, but lol at that giant cloud of gas above the room.

RickRock_777
04-09-2010, 03:19 AM
@Rock...your key vault still has issues. None of the new keys you have recently placed in the vault has been working for mine and lady's accounts, not even my daughter's account as I tried this 2 days ago to see if the issue was account-related. I think you can resolve this by copying the level to a new moon and republish it to a new location on your Map and then delete the old one, assuming the issue is in your level and not the keys themselves. If it is the keys, you could try deleting all the keys in the level, save the level, then reopen and place the keys in it again, resave then republish. I hope one of these methods work. :)

Joey
04-09-2010, 03:59 AM
And yes, it would have been... uh... I blme Joey/Lady Luck, they're the ones who made it D:

hm... as for levels... I think that might be a good idea, but I don't want it to just be one level... perhaps it should have to be a series? :/

hiphopliveson
04-09-2010, 05:22 AM
and ...about the XP... what if it doesent come back ... our contest winners prize will consist of thin air or what =))? :cool:

hiphopliveson
04-09-2010, 05:38 AM
THAT floating gas above the room is... well...BLOWING MY PANTS OFF!!! does it really have to be there or can i delete it?:cool:

RockSauron
04-09-2010, 11:33 AM
THAT floating gas above the room is... well...BLOWING MY PANTS OFF!!! does it really have to be there or can i delete it?:cool:

Yeah, sorry, it shouldn't even be there, I didn't even realize it was there when I published it, please delete it :p

And @Rick... I'll try that then.

RoseScythe
04-09-2010, 12:07 PM
@ Rock: Just spitballing... but say I recreated the template grid aligned and incorporated GLT logic into it, how interested would you be in using it as the copyable template to build from?

Brian.C.Powers
04-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Rose people have already finished theirs with the current template, and it was already discussed that they weren't gonna change it. Sorry if I sound a little rude but I'm the one who started this whole nonsense of changeing it, and I am regretting it now.

mistervista
04-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Can I put some dark matter in the room to hold it up because when I unpaused it fell to the ground. Speaking of which I think you left the template level in play mode which means it falls down as soon as you enter the level. Maybe a good idea to publish it paused.

RockSauron
04-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Can I put some dark matter in the room to hold it up because when I unpaused it fell to the ground. Speaking of which I think you left the template level in play mode which means it falls down as soon as you enter the level. Maybe a good idea to publish it paused.

I suppose you could, just remember that the room will be "Stacked" by other rooms, or else on the bottom, but sure, dark amtter could be added somewhere, just stay in the lines.

Whiskasdacat
04-09-2010, 08:24 PM
Hmmm. ya my room says it's copyable here on my side, but I republished it anyway. See if you can copy it now, and if not then...idk somethings wrong I guess :p

RockSauron
04-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Hmmm. ya my room says it's copyable here on my side, but I republished it anyway. See if you can copy it now, and if not then...idk somethings wrong I guess :p

Well, your levels are always copyable to yourself, you have to set it to be copyable yourself, it wasn't last time. Check to make sure the patch on your moon has a check under copyable, but yeah, I'll see if it actually works next time I'm on LBP :D

soni2295
04-09-2010, 08:51 PM
rocksauron i made my one, you know the theme, come and take it.

Tawarf
04-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Oh! This sounds cool! I think i might enter!

Whiskasdacat
04-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Well, your levels are always copyable to yourself, you have to set it to be copyable yourself, it wasn't last time. Check to make sure the patch on your moon has a check under copyable, but yeah, I'll see if it actually works next time I'm on LBP :D
Sorry if I didn't say this right, but that's what I meant when I said it says it's copyable on my side - like when i looked at the level on my moon copyable has a checkmark under it and it did when I originally posted it. :confused: Which is why I'm suprised you couldn't in the first place. But w/e let's hope it works out in the end :]

RockSauron
04-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Alright, with Whiskdacat, I now has 3 entries! All three together equal 25% thermo... Hopefully it'll stay down from no on ^-^

Keep em coming guys!

RoseScythe
04-10-2010, 01:27 AM
Rose people have already finished theirs with the current template, and it was already discussed that they weren't gonna change it. Sorry if I sound a little rude but I'm the one who started this whole nonsense of changeing it, and I am regretting it now.

Then shush. :)

It was just an option. No offense to whoever created the template but it was shoddily put together with an obvious lack of thought thats all.

@Rock, thermo's also less of a worry now with Aya's clever little cheat ;)

Ragfell
04-10-2010, 05:07 AM
Related to LBPC in some way…hmm…

I dunno…I have to ruminate on this one, now.

RockSauron
04-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Alright, thanks soni295, I now have four rooms :)

In order to help people understand what the hell is going on, I have decided to publish an example level of how this minigame works. Find it under RockSauron. Now imagine that, but with dozens of rooms. That's where I'm going with this. Thanks to chezhead, whisisdacat, hipshopliveson and soni2295 for making the rooms I use in this example.

RickRock_777
04-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Regarding the "off grid template issue"...the outside of the template is ON grid, which is really all that matters, so all the rooms line up and the outer perimeter remains the same size. If you want the inside of the room's walls to be on grid (some will prefer this for designing purposes, some won't), simply draw in some extra material on the inside of the walls to make the inside wall on grid. Remember, Rock said you could do whatever you wanted to the inside of the room, which would include having it on grid.

We just did this and it took approximately 1 minute...unglue the grabbale material with switches from the 4 inside walls and draw a 1 grid line, using the cardboard material, around the entire inside of the room, then re-attach the grabbale material--very straightforward IMO. Works great and everybody can be happy :). Something else to consider...the room is fairly small, so every inch of space becomes critical if you want to pack alot in, and it might even work to your advantage to leave the wall thickness as is, or even shave off the half grid portion and make the wall a single grid thick. Now you can fit a little bit more in, which is probably what I will do with the room I plan to design.

Most of all, have fun with this and maintain a positive outlook. :)

Rick

hiphopliveson
04-11-2010, 02:52 AM
ok... my second room is complete !to get it go to same lvl... at the same hiphoplivesonpsn... and search in the same location ... NORTH POLE and use the same password to get the key to the lvl... LBPC: ROOM dandelion gum-black moth super rainbow
thx and bye :cool:

WOOHOO 5 rooms... I hope we are still counting...

hiphopliveson
04-11-2010, 03:00 AM
i really think my first room... well ........ *big epic blah*... was not so gud ... * anyway i think we are eating spaggeti again ... * anyway... :cool:

hiphopliveson
04-11-2010, 03:03 AM
Alright, thanks soni295, I now have four rooms :)

In order to help people understand what the hell is going on, I have decided to publish an example level of how this minigame works. Find it under RockSauron. Now imagine that, but with dozens of rooms. That's where I'm going with this. Thanks to chezhead, whisisdacat, hipshopliveson and soni2295 for making the rooms I use in this example.

who the heck is this hipshopliveson ?? :cool:

hippy shop eeh...

OneEyedBanshee
04-11-2010, 03:54 AM
Ok I've started on.. something.. Really found it difficult to come up with something LBPC related as I haven't been here long but I did find something I thought might be interesting. I'll make it anyway and you can judge if it's related enough or not. But I have a question. Can I move the checkpoints layer? Like bring the cps forward to the front layer for instance and could they all be on different layers? Plus could I reduce the amount of layers the grab switch takes up instead of 3. 1 layer thick on the front layer for instance.

RockSauron
04-11-2010, 03:56 AM
Nope, sorry, we need to maintain some sense of order and stuff.

IStwisted
04-11-2010, 05:03 AM
I still have the "And Now for something Completely Different (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/group.php?groupid=104)" room I was working on. I'll see if I can finish it up and get it to you.

mr Radical 5601
04-11-2010, 08:17 AM
Sorry it's taken me so long to get my room in. Survivor's been... taking most of my time.

Thanks for the handful of people who have already submitted rooms for keeping this contest alive this time. I made one of two rooms submitted the first time around, and since the template changed, it all went to nothing... Probably the one time I can remember someone stopping me.

Keep it up!

OneEyedBanshee
04-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Ok I finished mine, I'll pm details.

Gravel
04-12-2010, 02:37 AM
Yeah I got one for you...but, yeah... alas, ah, its like Hot in every sense of the word-- but you like deleted me so yeah were like not PSN friends anymore... I guess. Anyway thats twice you've abandoned me Rock... so owns Mt. Peanutville that I'm thinking about building 12 more... calling it Gravels' Bakers' Dozen. And will see who has the last lau//snipe//

RoseScythe
04-12-2010, 04:33 AM
Nope, sorry, we need to maintain some sense of order and stuff.

Wow, wish I new this before I created mine. It's practically finished too. :(

Looks like another room for the scrap heap.

Burnvictim42
04-12-2010, 05:11 AM
Don't trash it Rosescythe, I know I'd love to see the room at least :) frankly, I'm not sure why the checkpoint can't be moved, the teleportation system works fine in all the layers.

RockSauron
04-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Yeah, don't, I changed my mind, as long as the checkpoint is close to the rab switch and all four are in one of the cardinal directions I guess it don't matter.

mistervista
04-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Finished my first one and Rock has it now.

It's made to represent the 'Tauri' social group to do with all things 'Stargate' related. I made a stargate with working chevrons to put in it but unfortunately when I did the camera wouldn't zoom out far enough to see the chevrons engaging which kinda ruined the whole point of it so I took that out again. Shame, I was proud of that too. I hate the useless cameras in LBP. Surely Mm could have made some better ones after all this time ?

IStwisted
04-12-2010, 02:50 PM
it would be funny to have 2 seperate cut scenes for each chevron. Chevron one encoded. Chevron one locked. etc

Gravel
04-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Yeah, don't, I changed my mind, as long as the checkpoint is close to the rab switch and all four are in one of the cardinal directions I guess it don't matter.

You are the wishy-washiest.... How you of all people are responsible for a project Oof this magnitude, it's astounding. While even a river-reed learns it is better to bend than break, it still needs to stand, first.

With that said, if I understand this project correctly, (not really sure... think I do...) then every room should be 'exactly' the same... (and 'not lame', which, I added just because it rhymes). This thread read like a 'Panethon of Moronity'. and now I've posted twice!

Try this on for size Mr Sauron-Sir:

Here's a template! Have at it and Have fun! If you don't Like it tuff-poopy! (I have a team of the best creators who will then have at this... Instead).

Every contest around here is the same... Not looking to offend anyone really, but, Soni, MY WORD! If your gonna post in a thread-- read it first. Ready to cash in my peanuts-- and board the 'Mothership'!

So Rock-- Why no music? I kinda think since you took the GLT away from creators (big Mistake) and music! The repetition frenzy of portals all may be a bit ...bland? To me, (again if I understand) each room should be about the impact upon first getting to it-- comprehending how it works-- and possibly trying franticly to get back to it...

I am actually very excited about the prospects of this-- and ask seriously this time, if in fact my room is too thermo intensive... If I made twelve more would you care?

OneEyedBanshee
04-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Could you let me know when you have copied my room level.

RockSauron
04-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Well haven't taken yours yet Gravel, and am working on being able to get to yours Banshee.

I guess I am wishy washy, but I'm changing again- the keeping the teleporters the same is mportant.

The reason for no music is that it'd get kinda annoying I'd think for too much teleporting and changing soundtracks... I think for related levels will be "connected" in a way so that you don't have to change soundtracks for pretty much every room.

Also, everyone, we've decided to not accept all from this. If any levels do not meet the quality quota of the Game, we will replace them ourselves. And some levels already do not meet said quota (won't say what f course), so yeah, sorry, we won't accept just the best of the contest, and any spare rooms the team will make. Yep.

m500games
04-12-2010, 10:44 PM
That sounds like a fun thing to do. Do I just join, or is there anything that I need to do?

RockSauron
04-12-2010, 11:09 PM
What you need to do is just make a room :p.

So yeah, the only requirement really is being a member of LBPC, which you are, so feel free to enter.

And OneEyedBanshee... sorry, when I try and go to your level, servers act up and say "Getting Levels"...

mr Radical 5601
04-13-2010, 04:37 AM
I showed mine to Rock and he said it was toooo big. He actually seemed kind of bothered by how big mine was. I guess I can understand if everyone else has a small one.

Room I mean... like thermo size.... Meh...

OneEyedBanshee
04-13-2010, 05:21 AM
what do you mean big? Like ate a lot of thermo? Because everyone's room should be the same size.. What kind of thermo % were you looking at that made it too big if that's what it was :confused: Oh missed that last line lol so how many notches was it up to?

mr Radical 5601
04-13-2010, 05:40 AM
originally it was around 1/3. the first time i gave it to him it was around 1/4 and i hoped that the other rooms might have had similar materials.

knocked it down to just over an eighth. now I'm down to just cardboard and polystyrene. don't know how to trim it down any further without just having a plain rectangle with a bunch of stickers that just say LBPC.

i know a bunch of rooms are already in, but I'm wondering if there's any way to get everyone to just use like 3-4 basic materials?

RoseScythe
04-13-2010, 06:07 AM
Rock, I published mine about an hour ago. I'll add you and send you the key directly.

You should probably know beforehand that there's a hearty amount of logic in there. The level has used up zero thermo due to me cheating. However, if you copy the room as an object to place into another level it'll shoot back up.

If you do decide to include this in the final concept it might pay to cheat to keep the thermo down.

I'm open to create more rooms if needed, just lemme know.

shropshirelass
04-13-2010, 07:18 AM
I don't know whether you already know this but Kendan and Vex_Doppel made a level called the Wizened Sackmates Nursing Home (published by Kendan). It was made up of about 16 different rooms submitted by members of the Wizened Sackmates Social Group here on LBPC, all based on a template room made by Vex. The concept is different from yours in that the level isn't a maze as such but they probably have some useful experience of things like keeping the thermo down and use of music, global lighting etc. I just wondered whether it might be useful for you or someone in your team to have a chat with Kendan or Vex to get some tips. Just a suggestion of course, as you may not need any help anyway.

m500games
04-13-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm not sure if this queston was asked before, but can we use any addon packs, such as MGS, and the pirates of the carriban?

Burnvictim42
04-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Yes you can use add on packs. Rock has most of them, I believe, and the MGS and pirates packs have been must buys for some time ;p

@shopshirelass, that sounds rather brilliant, is the level playable so we could look at it? Thanks :)

m500games
04-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Ok. I published the 2 rooms and it is on my planet right now. I'll send you the password to the lockbox level (located @ tip of south america)

shropshirelass
04-14-2010, 12:28 AM
@shopshirelass, that sounds rather brilliant, is the level playable so we could look at it? Thanks :)

Yes, it's still published. Just search for it under the PSN kendan or WizenedSackMates Nursing Home. It's not a minigame type of level. It was just meant to include rooms somehow reflecting the WSM members who made them, so there's not a lot of gameplay as such. Anyway by all means have look. :)

RickRock_777
04-14-2010, 01:27 AM
Good info shropshirelass. Thanks for sharing it. :)

Rick

TheBlackKnight22
04-14-2010, 02:21 AM
So Can I make a room made off of a forum game such as: "Mafia Wars", "The Console Wars", or my thread "War of the Ninja Warriors"?

RickRock_777
04-16-2010, 02:46 AM
@Rock...my first room is up (by my south pole), and key is in my vault. Good luck if you play it :).

Rick

Vacant_Face
04-17-2010, 04:19 PM
How will you find peoples' submissions? That is, how are we going to send you a key? Do we just make some kind of key-dispensing password machine and put the password for you to read here?

wolverine_2008
04-18-2010, 05:00 AM
okay i know how to give you the key now...

RockSauron
04-20-2010, 01:58 AM
Ok, well, just thought I'd point out that these rooms will be part of LBPC: The Game. As such, they have to reach the same level of quality as the rest of the Game. So far, I've gotten two or three rooms that I think may be up to standards... Now, I don't want to insult anyone, just remember, we won't accept something thrown together in a few minutes, it still has to meet the quality of LBPC: The Game. Just making sure we're clear that, well, time needs to be taken. And thermo too, that's another big issue... Dunno how to best rectify it though XD.

OneEyedBanshee
04-20-2010, 02:07 AM
Did you manage to copy my room yet?

hiphopliveson
04-20-2010, 02:20 AM
ok so you just think our rooms suck... well... i dont know about mine but im making a new and improved room... although im pretty sure that this time il break all the rules just for the fun of it... just kidding ... =D :cool:

By the way how many rooms did you get so far?...

PoD CREW
04-20-2010, 04:13 PM
We've started builing the room. It takes place in the forge factory of ConfusedCartman. As you arrive, you'll be greeted by me, then you take an elevator to the factory's access station. While you're up there, you can take a monorail into one of the forges. This forge is his Demondyte production plant, where you'll have to survive each and every exploding bugger, you earn 10 points every second while surviving. As you advance, more Demondytes will spawn at once! If you are able to survive 10 minutes, the machine will halt production and a bay door will open to the right which will take you to the grand scoreboard!

Those who reach it earn 100 big bubbles! Good luck my friends! :p

SledKnight
04-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Sure... I'll take a stab at it. I started creating a Lockbox last night, so that I have a place to put a key. Let you know when the room is complete.

mistervista
04-20-2010, 04:51 PM
We've started builing the room. It takes place in the forge factory of ConfusedCartman. As you arrive, you'll be greeted by me, then you take an elevator to the factory's access station. While you're up there, you can take a monorail into one of the forges. This forge is his Demondyte production plant, where you'll have to survive each and every exploding bugger, you earn 10 points every second while surviving. As you advance, more Demondytes will spawn at once! If you are able to survive 10 minutes, the machine will halt production and a bay door will open to the right which will take you to the grand scoreboard!

Those who reach it earn 100 big bubbles! Good luck my friends! :p

Sorry but are you sure you've posted that in the right thread ?

That sounds like a whole level you're building there and as for the bubbles it says in the original post you have to use 15 normal score bubbles, no more no less. Also you can't put a scoreboard in the room.

Xario
04-20-2010, 06:02 PM
I don't know if it's mentioned somewhere in the comments: Are we allowed to use the space in front of the room? I.E the front thin layer? And what about the glitched front layers?

RockSauron
04-20-2010, 08:28 PM
I didn't mention it, but I'd prefer if you don't use glitched layers- would look weird when you're in adjacent rooms.

And yeah, PoD Crew... hat in no way fits the requirements.

Xario
04-20-2010, 08:40 PM
So the regular front thin layer is no problem?!? (Sorry to insist :-))

TheBlackKnight22
04-21-2010, 01:15 AM
So we can use forum games???

RockSauron
04-21-2010, 01:28 AM
Regular front thin is not a problem, you can use forum games, and oneeyedbanshee I didn't actually D:. Oh, and remember to try and do a good job on your room, k?

OneEyedBanshee
04-21-2010, 01:51 AM
Sheesh! Hurry up would ya?! :p I'd like to think mine is good enough, but I'd like even more if you copied it and let me know what you think! I can see 1 thing I might change a little, visual tweak. But if you think it's up to scratch I'd be happy to leave it as is.

RockSauron
04-21-2010, 01:54 AM
Well I meant that you seem to have deleted the level, so I can't get it at all.

OneEyedBanshee
04-21-2010, 01:57 AM
It's still there, I deleted the key room becuase you said you had the key. It's locked but should be unlocked for you.. haven't republished or anything. Meh I'll just unlock it. Why anyone else would copy it I don't know, would you be willing to try grab it now in a sec? I'll edit my post when its unlocked which should be in a couple of mins while it loads game.

Right unlocked south pole, should be there. let me know asap when you have it so I can remove it just in case some randomer does try copying.

Got your message on PSN, thanks rock :) one less thing to worry about

TheBlackKnight22
04-21-2010, 02:11 AM
Can we send Keys as gifts to people?

RockSauron
04-21-2010, 02:16 AM
We can indeed- but I would greatly appreciate it if you don't. My pop it is full of useless keys as is. You need to be friends with someone to send them objects, so if you go as far to send me a friend reuqest, please just invite me into create and I'll capture it personally. I really don't need another key.

PoD CREW
04-21-2010, 04:23 PM

Oh wow, sorry I didn't read. Okay, we'll begin to build the actual thing tonight and it'll meet all requirements. :p I can send you the key when it's done.

How about... I can send you the Forge Factory when it's done too! Maybe it can incorporate with the story some how? Like, a secret unlockable area in the last levels!

What do you think Sauron? :rolleyes:

flamingemu
04-21-2010, 07:44 PM
I didn't mention it, but I'd prefer if you don't use glitched layers- would look weird when you're in adjacent rooms.

what hat? where?

TheBlackKnight22
04-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Okay, would you accept me as a friend anyways?

RockSauron
04-21-2010, 10:52 PM
Ok, published a new example level over the old one with the four accepted rooms- from RickRock_777 and his Ideas/Projects one, mistervista and his StarGate SG1 one, WhiskisdaCat and his Signature exchange one, and... ok, I'll be honest with you, I don't know who made the What you dreamt about last night one XD. Sorry whoever you are- mind speaking up?

Anyway, there were two I WANTED to accept, they just were too thermo heavy. Mr radical's survivor room and RoseScythe's Silent Hill room. Sorry you too, right now is too thermo intensive. the four we have take up a little over a quarter, and should give you a clue what we're aiming for. Also, since this contest is really a guised way of getting new rooms for this mingiame, I'm probably going to extend the deadline :/

Chump
04-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Mine is almost done! I know i said that a week ago but school is eating all my free time!

TheBlackKnight22
04-22-2010, 01:25 AM
Dang, I have to slave over this this weekend because I'm not allowed to play games on school days :(

OneEyedBanshee
04-22-2010, 01:45 AM
Well I made the signature exchange one lol so maybe WhiskisdaCat made the what you dreamt about last night one

RockSauron
04-22-2010, 02:10 AM
... Gah, sorry, so sorry, didn't mean to... uh... maybe he did, but... um... XD /runs

RoseScythe
04-22-2010, 02:41 AM
Ok, published a new example level over the old one with the four accepted rooms- from RickRock_777 and his Ideas/Projects one, mistervista and his StarGate SG1 one, WhiskisdaCat and his Signature exchange one, and... ok, I'll be honest with you, I don't know who made the What you dreamt about last night one XD. Sorry whoever you are- mind speaking up?

Anyway, there were two I WANTED to accept, they just were too thermo heavy. Mr radical's survivor room and RoseScythe's Silent Hill room. Sorry you too, right now is too thermo intensive. the four we have take up a little over a quarter, and should give you a clue what we're aiming for. Also, since this contest is really a guised way of getting new rooms for this mingiame, I'm probably going to extend the deadline :/

Wow, this is a little gutting. I put almost 2 hours into that room...

You could just cheat to get the thermo down, but then again, it's your party.

Do what you like.

Outlaw-Jack
04-22-2010, 03:41 AM
Finally!! A chance to redeem myself!!... :D

Would it be ok if we were to send you the room as an object once we're done?

SledKnight
04-22-2010, 04:23 AM
Okay, I finished mine and published it. I'll PM you the Lockbox code.

Takelow
04-22-2010, 07:07 AM
Wow, this is a little gutting. I put almost 2 hours into that room...
You could just cheat to get the thermo down, but then again, it's your party.
Do what you like.

I can understand your reaction, but your room is very very thermo heavy... It takes near to 20% thermo alone (and you will agree that it is not really what the initial rules of the contest asked ;) ). Sincerely, i think your room can be thermo optimized A LOT, and we encourage you to do so: Less materials, less materials in material construct and more cutout, less detailed scene... Anyway, decrease the thermo to 5-10% max and we will be able (and happy) to use your room...

And concerning the thermo cheat, we discussed this with Rock and for several reasons we agree about NOT use this glitch in LBPc The game.

RoseScythe
04-22-2010, 08:40 AM
I can understand your reaction, but your room is very very thermo heavy... It takes near to 20% thermo alone (and you will agree that it is not really what the initial rules of the contest asked ;) ). Sincerely, i think your room can be thermo optimized A LOT, and we encourage you to do so: Less materials, less materials in material construct and more cutout, less detailed scene... Anyway, decrease the thermo to 5-10% max and we will be able (and happy) to use your room...

And concerning the thermo cheat, we discussed this with Rock and for several reasons we agree about NOT use this glitch in LBPc The game.

Not sure what you mean by 'Not what the initial rules of the contest asked'...

As for optimising, I really can't be bothered at this point.

Good luck with the contest :D

Burnvictim42
04-22-2010, 09:10 AM
LBPC: The Game Create Contest
No limits on materials, but please try to remember thermo.

I believe that is what Takelow is referring to :) As to the fact that you don't wish to edit your work, would you mind if I had a crack at it? From what i've heard, your room is quite impressive, and i'm willing to attempt to cut down on the thermo if you'll let me.

RoseScythe
04-22-2010, 11:10 AM
I believe that is what Takelow is referring to :) As to the fact that you don't wish to edit your work, would you mind if I had a crack at it? From what i've heard, your room is quite impressive, and i'm willing to attempt to cut down on the thermo if you'll let me.

In all honesty I'd rather just have my room scrapped altogether.

Takelow
04-22-2010, 12:37 PM
I am sorry RoseScythe you take the things like that...
We are making choice for the good of the game, not by pleasure.

I am very sorry to hear that you can't "bother" with an optimization of your work. Nevertheless, the current room is top quality but can't be kept for thermo reasons.

It is all your choice now ;)

RoseScythe
04-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Maybe I should've added a smiley to dampen how bitter & obnoxious that last post sounded. :D

As it stands, optimising the thermo would likely mean getting rid of the elevator :( which would in turn force me to redesign the entire layout in order to keep it playable. Due to Uni, I don't really have alot of time for anything LBP related so redesigning is not really an option. Also I'm hugely against people editing my work, unfortunately due to bad experiences in the past, so for these reasons I'd rather just opt out of the contest.

Thanks.

RockSauron
04-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Well that's a shame, your room was my personal favorite too :(

I'll go on and get Sled's now, just finished updating PS3 to 3.30... Wonder what it is for ;o

And Outlaw... No, no objects, I want to be able to edit the room if necessary, so either make a lockbox or add me as a friend and invite me into create.

mistervista
04-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Well the one most important thing I took into account when making my room was the thermo.

I could have added loads more to mine, infact I did make a functioning stargate with locking chevrons for each bubble collected but apart from the fact it was a bit too obtrusive it also took up 1-2 bars of thermo so I scrapped that. I also tried to stick to the same materials as the template as far as possible to also help the thermo. I thought it would be very selfish to take up more than one bar for my room when there would be lots of other people wanting to get there rooms in and I'm sure Rock and Takelow would like to get in as many rooms as possible so as not to make finding your way out too easy.

Whiskasdacat
04-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Uhhhhh what did you dream about was mine XD sorry i didn't speak up sooner - kinda busy with some stuff - glad to hear i acutally made something acceptable :P

RockSauron
04-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Ah yeah, that was yours, checked my created objects and it had you for originally by :p Sorry about that.

Anyway... chances are the deadline will be pushed back. So, um, yeah. Come on, people, make some :p. Shouldn't be too hard for many people to make a decent room with little thermo... And it'd be of great help to us. :kz:

precision_snipe
04-22-2010, 09:01 PM
do you need to access the emitters in the center of the stage after we are finished?

Burnvictim42
04-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Also I'm hugely against people editing my work, unfortunately due to bad experiences in the past, so for these reasons I'd rather just opt out of the contest.

Thanks.
And thats exactly why I asked :) If you don't want me touching it, I'll leave it alone.

@precision_snipe The emitters are set up in order to teleport the player. As long as you haven't messed with them, you should be able to cover them up.

RockSauron
04-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Most likely not, I'm pretty sure I'm happy with the teleporting mechanic. You can probably block it if it's absolutely necessary for your room.

However, I'd prefer if you move the emitters to the closest plane in their relative position. So like, if there is a wall in he front layer, move the emitters to the front plane so I can mess with them if absolutely necessary- which it probably won't be, but just to be safe.

precision_snipe
04-22-2010, 09:33 PM
thanks guys, my level is pretty much ready. It's somewhat simple and i did a quick decoration

Outlaw-Jack
04-23-2010, 04:47 AM
Sorry to pester you guys, but one more thing: does it matter how difficult your level is?

I'm currently doing one on Outlaw Flyers... and it's pretty hard. :p

mr Radical 5601
04-23-2010, 06:05 AM
I'm not exactly the king of thermo optimization, and I'd say I'm mid-level at best when it comes to creation as it is, so not really sure what else could be done to my room... Go ahead and gut it. Tear it apart. Just leave a few platforms and a sticker that says survivor... Do what you will.

RockSauron
04-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Sorry to pester you guys, but one more thing: does it matter how difficult your level is?

I'm currently doing one on Outlaw Flyers... and it's pretty hard. :p

Hm... just make it feasibly possible.

mistervista
04-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Hm... just make it feasibly possible.

Yeah I played the examples yesterday and there's one in there I can't do already. I don't know who's it is but it has 4 very fast moving sponges that go from each corner to the middle where there are lots of glass circles with some bubbles in the centre. It took me ages to get to the centre and I grabbed something inside and was spinning around but never managed to get the bubbles and I couldn't for the life of me get up top and down that middle tube. I just found that impossible so gave up.

SledKnight
04-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Yeah I played the examples yesterday and there's one in there I can't do already. I don't know who's it is but it has 4 very fast moving sponges that go from each corner to the middle where there are lots of glass circles with some bubbles in the centre. It took me ages to get to the centre and I grabbed something inside and was spinning around but never managed to get the bubbles and I couldn't for the life of me get up top and down that middle tube. I just found that impossible so gave up.

So... it wasn't just me... LOL

SledKnight
04-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Hey what should we be keeping thermo down to? One notch (the bottom bulb)? Two notches? etc.

PoD CREW
04-23-2010, 04:11 PM

Oh wow, sorry I didn't read. Okay, we'll begin to build the actual thing tonight and it'll meet all requirements. :p I can send you the key when it's done.

How about... I can send you the Forge Factory when it's done too! Maybe it can incorporate with the story some how? Like, a secret unlockable area in the last levels!

What do you think Sauron? :rolleyes:

Xario
04-23-2010, 05:59 PM
I have a few further questions and points, that room-creators and organizers should pay some attention to:

Make sure, none of the activation areas of your mag- or proxy-switchs reach outside your room
The camera object can be a real pain, since (afaik) the engine caculates a distinct third area between two adjacent camera objects, where a mixture of both applies. That happens even if there is some space between their activation areas
What about global lights? They don't "snap back" if we change them in our rooms - how shall we deal with this?
Same and more goes for water - it can easily destroy other's room design. Avoid?
How much thermo is ok again? We know, two single rooms (in seperate levels) will most likely use more thermo, than when put together in one level, but some hint would be nice.
Are we encouraged to sign our rooms? (descrete sign in the corner or something)
What do we actually aim for? Best design? Best idea? Most fun to play? Best connection to LBPC?
I don't think it's helpful to refuse to optimize your level. The competition should aim for the "best rooms" (see above) and I can't imagine that it could lead to a great level without final balancing and tweaking. But that should not be an argument for "winning" the competition ("Yeah that room sucks, but it was the only one that fit." - We don't want that :-)

Oddmania
04-23-2010, 06:29 PM
I would've entered if I hadn't been that overworked :(

*sigh*

RockSauron
04-23-2010, 06:39 PM
I have a few further questions and points, that room-creators and organizers should pay some attention to:

Make sure, none of the activation areas of your mag- or proxy-switchs reach outside your room
The camera object can be a real pain, since (afaik) the engine caculates a distinct third area between two adjacent camera objects, where a mixture of both applies. That happens even if there is some space between their activation areas
What about global lights? They don't "snap back" if we change them in our rooms - how shall we deal with this?
Same and more goes for water - it can easily destroy other's room design. Avoid?
How much thermo is ok again? We know, two single rooms (in seperate levels) will most likely use more thermo, than when put together in one level, but some hint would be nice.
Are we encouraged to sign our rooms? (descrete sign in the corner or something)
What do we actually aim for? Best design? Best idea? Most fun to play? Best connection to LBPC?
I don't think it's helpful to refuse to optimize your level. The competition should aim for the "best rooms" (see above) and I can't imagine that it could lead to a great level without final balancing and tweaking. But that should not be an argument for "winning" the competition ("Yeah that room sucks, but it was the only one that fit." - We don't want that :-)

1. Indeed
2. K then.
3. Make another one so it snaps back to normal when you leave the room if you are sure you want to include it.
4. No water, definitive.
5. As a general rule, if it's more than 1 quarter of the thermo, might as well just drop it. Still, the less thermo the better of course.
6. You are encouraged not to. You will be credited, I'm planning on making a list where it says which room was by whom and what theme, like A7 was so and sos. Also, I may have a way of including people who submitted using the "FOHG" theme... no promises though.
7. A combination of all would be good. I'd prefer low thermo as well, but best design and connection to LBPC will help you as well, and don't forget fun... So yeah, a combination of things.
8. Alrighty.

@PoD... sorry, we won't be taking your mini level or whatever you're offering.

SledKnight
04-23-2010, 07:18 PM
FYI, I got two more entries in the works.

PoD CREW
04-24-2010, 01:18 AM
No.

Okay then. :)

Xario
04-24-2010, 02:01 AM
Thank you Sauron for those answers, that clears things up for me.

3. Make another one so it snaps back to normal when you leave the room if you are sure you want to include it.

eh, how? Since you leave a room by dying? ... hm, you initialize your leave via grabbing those transparent sponges....I could switch the second GLO to those. But what's "normal"? Like in the template?

5. As a general rule, if it's more than 1 quarter of the thermo, might as well just drop it. Still, the less thermo the better of course.

Sounds reasonable. I'll try to hit 3/16.

7. A combination of all would be good. I'd prefer low thermo as well, but best design and connection to LBPC will help you as well, and don't forget fun... So yeah, a combination of things.

What? That's five things at once! ;)

I imagine it will be a major pain and very time consuming, fiddeling those rooms together. Very time consuming :)

Burnvictim42
04-24-2010, 02:54 AM
It shouldn't be too bad linking them together, particularly with the ability to hook up checkpoints directly.

Hybrid
04-25-2010, 01:56 AM
one of my LBPC friends sed thath i most post my post so here it is

I Known a Good idea for a Minigame :D
it is on your profie page and you most survive The lolcat attack from me
with a sqaure room the backround looks like a profile page and lolcats are flying every where and you most dodge them with your jetpack :p

Xario
04-25-2010, 02:32 AM
Well, I don't see, why you should have posted "it" here. What is "it" actually? I only see this oversized "signature"...

Burnvictim42
04-25-2010, 04:52 AM
"It" was his quote. You might want to check out the first post a little more to see what they meant, hybrid :)

Hybrid
04-25-2010, 12:39 PM
one of my LBPC friends sed thath i most post my post so here it is

ok lets see if it fits in the rues

1.Your room must be related to LBPC in some way. It could be based off a social group, a contest, or a thread- you just must be able to relate it to LBPC in some manner.
-Check

2.Do not go outside the room, all logic, if there is any, must be inside the room.
-Ok

3.Do not touch the emitters, the checkpoints or the sponges. Leave as is. They must be built around.
-what does this mean?

4.No Music- You may, however, use sounds.
-ok

5.No limits on materials, but please try to remember thermo.
-ok

6.Remember your room will be surrounded by other rooms, so plan accordingly.
ok

7.15 Score bubbles must be placed throughout your room- no more, no less.
-so the romms wi be like (Find the 15 price bubbels)

8.You may enter as many rooms as you like.
-what does this mean?

9.When your level is completed, publish it copyable (preferably locked, with a key sent to me some way so that others can't see), and post in this thread
-ok

RockSauron
04-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Yeah, it could fit into rules... are you going to make it? Sounds intriguing, but you must make it :kz: Or someone else if you can shang hai them into it :/

Hybrid
04-25-2010, 03:03 PM
Yeah, it could fit into rules... are you going to make it? Sounds intriguing, but you must make it :kz: Or someone else if you can shang hai them into it :/

its thust a idea :rolleyes:
i am not so creative to make it my self but some one else could make it

Chump
04-25-2010, 04:33 PM
its thust a idea :rolleyes:
i am not so creative to make it my self but some one else could make it

Maybe, I say maybe, i could try something...

Hybrid
04-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Maybe, I say maybe, i could try something...

ok you can change somthing in it if you like
but keep the lolcats :p

Gravel
04-25-2010, 07:57 PM
I republished rock, hopefully extracting the offending stickers, let me know! If you choose to use it-- there's a vent decoration in the ice cave that could be deleted which drops the thermometer a bit-- I like it but your choice. Also, I am eager to build additional, any requests?

Varrent
04-26-2010, 12:06 AM
New ball of lint here :)

I'll be submiting a room to this, should be done April 28th or 29th. Based entirely on the sackboy tracker... If I can figure it to work like my idea, it should be intersting, and low thermo since most all of it can be cardboard and stickers.

RockSauron
04-26-2010, 12:11 AM
I republished rock, hopefully extracting the offending stickers, let me know! If you choose to use it-- there's a vent decoration in the ice cave that could be deleted which drops the thermometer a bit-- I like it but your choice. Also, I am eager to build additional, any requests?

As in ideas for rooms? Well... you COULD do hybrid's...

OR some of my other ideas, like one off of... uh... I unno you choose something XD

Anyway... Yep. /runs

IStwisted
04-26-2010, 12:17 AM

I've been working on a "And Now For Something Completely Different" room but it was built on the old template. You want to help with the remake?

SledKnight
04-26-2010, 01:13 AM
Rock, I just dropped out a second entry. Key is in Lockbox, same code as last time.

Varrent
04-26-2010, 02:52 AM
Heh, Using this Box Project as my first logic network, gets complicated, but I think it'll work out :) Got to tweak a few of the magnetic switches and then its time to sticker it up :)

Looks like my room will be just over 1/8th Thermo, that doable?

Varrent
04-26-2010, 02:56 AM
Oh, and @RockSauron -- You think you could test my room before you copy it? I know how to do the puzzle, so... doesn't work for me to make possible mistakes that could screw it up that i'm not anticipating. (This is open to other people too if they'd like to test it. Should be done tommorow night if I keep it up.)

Varrent
04-26-2010, 03:35 AM
Okay, just over 3/16th's Not 1/8th. But I think it still will fit :P Thermo is evil!

Hybrid
04-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Rcok can you tell me more about these rooms!
i have really no idea about it an how big it most be

Varrent
04-26-2010, 09:21 PM
Yay! Rock liked my room! :)

Note to Rock in-cause you couldn't understand my mic that well: If you need to lower thermo, just drop the pipe decoration and check my logic network, my first real one, so possibly some areas where it could be optimized that I didn't see.

Have fun with it :)

X-FROGBOY-X
04-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Awesome, I'll enter this.

SledKnight
04-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Hey Rock, how are the submissions going? I know you expressed concern early on that you may have to extend the deadline for lack of entries, etc. Has that improved?

RockSauron
04-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Yeah, it has... though I must stress that the rooms MUST be related to LBPC though in some way, I'm thinking of just throwing out the ones that aren't regardless of how good they are :/. Not that that means I'll accept every one related to LBPC... if you catch my drift :kz:

Anyway, my expectations were too high, I doubt we'll get the dozens I dreamed... GAH MY DREAM IS RUINED D:

SledKnight
04-28-2010, 01:38 AM
Anyway, my expectations were too high, I doubt we'll get the dozens I dreamed... GAH MY DREAM IS RUINED D:

LOL At least you dreamed the dream...

JakePutz
04-28-2010, 04:27 AM
Okay Rock, I published a room... I sent you a PM with the combo for the key. I don't know if you got it, but if you did there is a newer version that has more of a LBPCentral theme. Thanks!

Hybrid
04-28-2010, 04:10 PM
i am working on the lolcat in your profie one :D

Gravel
04-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Rock I published another locked/copyable room; Nutopia. Key is in Gravel's Safehouse. Please let me know your intentions with "Showcase your Dreams" & "Nutopia". As I am a little uneasy leaving them somewhat expoused. And have no problem utilizing these if you do not wish to.

RockSauron
04-28-2010, 08:41 PM
K Gravel, got your new room- two things though. 1. there's a rule on no magic mouths, and 2. and more importantly, When I copy it and paste it with the rest it says it's too complicated so I can't paste it D:.

I got them though, so you can delete the spaces on your moon though. Won't say if we'll use it just yet because I don't even know myself XD.

Anyway, I won't postpone the due date, this contest is over May 7th, so get a move on peepz :p

Darth
04-28-2010, 11:53 PM
I'd like to try this out, but I haven't been here all that long, and I don't know what I'd base my room on... :(

X-FROGBOY-X
04-29-2010, 02:20 AM
Can we sticker the checkpoints?

RockSauron
04-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Yes you may.

mistervista
04-29-2010, 11:19 AM
Hey Rock, just to let you know I played your examples level again the other day and noticed you've left that big block of dark matter in the corner of my SG1 room. That was only there to hold the room up while I tested it. I put a magic mouth on it explaining that but you removed the mouth and left the dm there.

Gravel
04-29-2010, 05:32 PM
Hey! that room took several hours to build-- I'm really proud of the 'sound'.
Any chance you'd make that the base and move the other levels around it?
Are you sure you are acquainted with your own rules?
I've re-read several times. :confused: I must be subliminally blocking...

JakePutz
05-01-2010, 03:41 AM
Okay, haven't heard back from you here or on PSN, and now you say on post #203 that there is a no magic mouth rule? I'm sorry I spent any time on this. I hope it turns out well, and I look foreward to playing, but trying to be a part of it has been pretty frustrating. (Sorry if I sound like a grouch, keep in mind I had major surgery on my shoulder today, and don't know when I'll be able to play again)

RockSauron
05-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Ok, four more days of this contest... And...

Well, I currently have 8 "maybe" rooms. There were a few others that were great... I just didn't think they were "LBPCy" enough :/ They had themes, yes, but it just seemed to be a logo on the room with the theme of the room itself being different... was a very difficult personal choice (personal being I did it without consulting my team... <_< >_>) but yeah, the theme must be... "visible", a part of the room itself if you catch my drift :kz:

Anyway, 4 more days... Anyone else planning on making anything? I know Hybrid is, but D:

Keanster96
05-03-2010, 10:48 PM
*sees thread for the first time with 4 days (3 of them exam days) till the deadline*
Noooooooooooooooooooo :'( aw I'm sad now..

Whiskasdacat
05-04-2010, 08:48 PM
uhh i can make another i guess. just gotta get some brain juice flowing for an idea. hmmmm....

EDIT: Anyone got an idea they can't/don't want to finish?
Oh, and idk if you did this yet since you said the "Team" would make some levels, but is there like a "introduce yourself" room for the first room? If not that's a good idea for you guys (or if not me) to make. so ya.

thestarlight_600
05-05-2010, 08:01 AM
I am so entering! woopee!!!!!

Burnvictim42
05-05-2010, 10:30 AM
uhh i can make another i guess. just gotta get some brain juice flowing for an idea. hmmmm....

EDIT: Anyone got an idea they can't/don't want to finish?
Oh, and idk if you did this yet since you said the "Team" would make some levels, but is there like a "introduce yourself" room for the first room? If not that's a good idea for you guys (or if not me) to make. so ya.

There will be an introduction, and an ending room. The LBPCTG team should be handling those :)

As to another idea... I've had these so far, and have been working on level 13 so haven't really had time to do them justice:

Forum Game: You're Banned!- dodge banhammers or similar items as you move around the room.
Forum Game: LBPC Mafia- sticker mafiosos that pop up around the area, stickering certain amounts unlocks additional exits.

Whiskasdacat
05-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Ya, I figured but I do like the mafia room idea! I might try that (for some reason i thought the deadline was the 5th so i was sad lol)

RockSauron
05-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Eh, I may consider extending the deadline if I get a few promises from people they'll make rooms. After all, this contest's first goal is to obtain rooms for the minigame, so... yeah. If you want to make a room but need a few extra days, say so and we'll work something out.

VeRsioNs_Z
05-06-2010, 04:48 AM
Btw rock, I sorta ate mount peanut....

OFF TOPIC!
Okay, I think Ill make A grab the gold level.

hiphopliveson
05-06-2010, 07:18 AM
how are the rooms doing ?... i was wondering how my rooms did ... if they are acccepted or not ... il make a good room if i had a good example of it ... :cool:

OneEyedBanshee
05-06-2010, 07:47 AM
If you need the rooms I'm always willing to help. What kind of room count are you going for overall and within thermo limits and how many do you actually have? I am interested in the you're banned room idea.

IStwisted
05-06-2010, 03:57 PM
I will try to get done by sunday.

Hybrid
05-06-2010, 08:38 PM
its done whant to see it rock?

RockSauron
05-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Well technically this contest ended yesterday, but is anyone working on something that they want me to extend the deadline for?

thestarlight_600
05-08-2010, 04:44 PM
BOO- YAH! Finished! just some qustions!

1. How could I give you my key?
2. is there a detail limit cos mines VERY detailed!
3. can we use water?

plz could you reply to this as a message?

thnx!

flamingemu
05-08-2010, 06:58 PM
BOO- YAH! Finished! just some qustions!
3. can we use water?
thnx!

Do not go outside the room, all logic, if there is any, must be inside the room.
thats just me, talk to rock.
I should probably stop saying things which are not my place to say. and using the SPOILER tags:devious:

RockSauron
05-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Oh no, it's ok, feel free to answer stuff for me :kz:

anyone else?

iGotFancyPants
05-08-2010, 08:05 PM
What happened to my epic Peanut room? :(

RockSauron
05-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Your peanut room was in the old template, hence we can't use it. <_>

... anyway... Any last minute entries? I'll close this in 24 hours unless someone says they'll make something in that time and will have it ready soon.

WESFUN
05-09-2010, 01:58 AM
Your peanut room was in the old template, hence we can't use it. <_>

... anyway... Any last minute entries? I'll close this in 24 hours unless someone says they'll make something in that time and will have it ready soon.

so is this all of lbpctg that is left ?

Chump
05-09-2010, 02:22 AM
so is this all of lbpctg that is left ?

no..........

RockSauron
05-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Ok, any last, last, LAST minute entires?

If I don't get anyone saying they're working on something by 5 o clock eastern (about three and a half hours from now), this contest will be closed. If someone says they'll make something with the extra time, I'll give them teh extra time.

Outlaw-Jack
05-09-2010, 11:06 PM
(about three and a half hours from now), this contest will be closed.

Wellll, I guess the contest is closed now, isn't it? :gopher:

RockSauron
05-09-2010, 11:32 PM
It would appear so. D:

K, zis contest is now closed! ... Because it's a faint hope anyone would appear now >_<

Ah well. K then. I'll try and figure out of my limited supply we'll use, and then rewards will be out... only maybe not right away, since vbexp 4.0 still isn't out and no word from its developer in a month >_>b Ah well

IStwisted
05-10-2010, 03:04 PM
I have one but for some reason it's at 25% thermo.

I'm not interested in winning a contest. If you still want to have a look let me know and I'll publish once it's fixed (hopefully tonight).

PoD CREW
05-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Well screw me right... me and the others have been extremely busy with other school related stuff, we never got a chance to finish. :mad:

Oh well then! :rolleyes:

TheBlackKnight22
05-12-2010, 01:41 AM
When is "soon"?

thestarlight_600
05-12-2010, 09:12 PM
hey, I just finished mine, and published it, but u nd the key! can it be entered?!!!

Outlaw-Jack
05-12-2010, 11:58 PM
hey, I just finished mine, and published it, but u nd the key! can it be entered?!!!

Methinks it's a bit late, me lad. Contest ended 3 days ago. :S

RockSauron
05-13-2010, 12:02 AM
Still waiting on Lady Luck, Rick Rock and Takelow to judge... I think Takelow will be able to judge soon, but eyah. Then it's just a matter of figuring out some math... and you'll get a promise for some exp whenever it returns soon.

Maybe I'll ask CC if he could give the Ultimate Bundle to people whose rooms were submitted and don't already have it... I think I will :kz:

TheBlackKnight22
05-13-2010, 12:28 AM
What is the Ultimate Bundle?

Outlaw-Jack
05-13-2010, 12:47 AM
What is the Ultimate Bundle?

The biggest account upgrade you could get. Gives LOTS of room for signatures and .GIFs and stuff.

Trust me... it's awesome.

TheBlackKnight22
05-13-2010, 04:04 AM
Is Experience shown by the green bars at the bottom, sorry I know this doesn't belong in this thread but I don't know everything about how the site works.

Outlaw-Jack
05-13-2010, 06:14 AM
Is Experience shown by the green bars at the bottom, sorry I know this doesn't belong in this thread but I don't know everything about how the site works.

No, that's reputation. Experience points were never shown but, rather, accumulated at the "LBPC Store" (a little shopping cart icon). You'd click it and you'd be whisked away to the xp store, where you'll be able to see how much xp you've earned. It was rather addictive, tbh (think of it as "currency"...).

Hybrid
05-15-2010, 01:16 AM
Cant wait for the results :)

RockSauron
05-15-2010, 04:22 AM
Rick and Lady are judging now. Rick dropped out of the contest, which is probably for the best considering he's a judge... >_>

... /cough

Anywho... Yeah will try and sort it out sometime tomorrow, I need to go to bed soon and don't have time right now to sort it out so yeah.

RickRock_777
05-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Thanks Rock. And besides, this contest is an oportunity for the members of our great community to shine. The room I created was simply to provide an example room that could be fun and remain low on thermo, and was never meant to be part of the contest entries.

Lady and I enjoyed checking out all of the contest entries. There was quite a variety of creator styles, all of which were GREAT in their own way, which made it really difficult to select the Top 5. Even though the ratings resulted in some levels scoring higher than others, IMO, everyone is a winner here...FANTASTIC JOB to all the entrants who took the time to help make this project even better :).

Rick

RockSauron
05-15-2010, 09:36 PM
RESULTS ARE IN! Or close enough, I unno, I think I came up with a good enough scoring system, and yeah.

TOP FIVE

SledKnight- LOST SCORE: 7.25
Gravel- YOU CAN DREAM IT SCORE: 9.5
RoseScythe SILENT HILL SCORE: 10.75
OneEyedBanshee SIG EXCHANGE SCORE: 12.5
Outlaw Jack OUTLAW FLYERS SCORE: 14.75

Those five are definitively in. Congratz to you.

Also congratz to the following:

mrradical's SURVIVOR SCORE: 5
chuck 18_mp ARCHIVE SCORE: 5.75

.. Go you! There were a few others, but I decided to cut the gap at precisely 5 points.

We also didn't judge a few we thought, well, weren't good enough to be judged. /cough

At any rate, thanks to everyone who participated, even if you weren't accepted :). I'll talk to CC about your exp whenever it comes back. I'll also see what I can do about Ultimate Bundles to everyone who was accepted since I think they deserve it. Yep.

... Thank goodness this contest is over XD

... THIS CONTEST IS OVAH

So, anyone wanna go on a murderous rampage that they didn't get in/ any team members want to say "meh" and accept a few more? This isn't a guarantee... I may accept a few more, and if so I'll give you you... "just" rewards... D:

K, bring on the angry mob!

Outlaw-Jack
05-16-2010, 01:27 AM
Woo! I'm in!!! :D
*looks at score*

Whoa. O_o... Exactly how much was this out of? 15? 20?

mistervista
05-16-2010, 02:17 AM
I don't understand what's going on here. You already told me ages ago that my room was in and now you're saying just those you've judged are in ? Or am I missing something ?

RockSauron
05-16-2010, 02:21 AM
I don't understand what's going on here. You already told me ages ago that my room was in and now you're saying just those you've judged are in ? Or am I missing something ?

We DID judge your room. However, not... many people liked it, and it got a score of like 3 altogether:/

Basically, how it worked out was that we had three separate values, dubbed in internet speak as "FAIL, MEH and WIN". And then people numbered each of their top five. And when all the scores were converted... your room was near the bottom of the list, soooooooooooooo... yeah. <_>

mistervista
05-16-2010, 02:23 AM
So does that mean you're not using it now or what ?