PDA

View Full Version : Are Ten Minute Loading Times Possible in LBP PSP???

brimostudios
07-12-2010, 05:07 AM
Hey All You Happy and Eager Creators!!!

I just read this morning on the forums that a guy smashed his PSP because of it taking like 10 minutes to load stuff. My question was, "Is this possible?" Then I thought of the exact problem that I'm having at the moment in a level I'm creating.

Right now I'm working on the intro of my new level to be released later this month(sorry can't give you the name 'cause it'll spoil it!). However, I have been having some trouble with this one section. While Sackboy is going down the inside of a building, the camera will go to this sign on the left-hand side of the building as shown here:
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_g7Dfhg_9ht0/TDqdwQpfFrI/AAAAAAAAAEA/W-wsvTdSaCg/FILE0130.JPG
(Thanks Alismuffin for the great font!!! LOL)

But when I use the materials: Orange Plastic (with black stickers on it); Wire Mesh; and Sci-Fi Panels it'll want to take ages to load, but mine doesn't take 10 minutes, no. Instead mine loads to infinity!!

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_g7Dfhg_9ht0/TDqdv50MkII/AAAAAAAAAD4/Ei4ex_LGLcI/FILE0123.JPG

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_g7Dfhg_9ht0/TDqdwM3y66I/AAAAAAAAAD8/U5ICMJ3zMO0/FILE0124.JPG

Does anyone know what's going on here, and if so could you please let me know, as I quite like this combination.
And if you have any great combinations for signs could you please let me know. That'd be great.

Happy Creating,

BrimoStudios

PLAY + CREATE + SHARE

SketchNZ
07-12-2010, 05:30 AM
It is the turbo materials as you can see you changed them to plastic from the torbo pack.u
ooooh and the guy you were talking about who had 10 minute loading times i dont it loaded after ten minutes thats just how long he waited befor he turned it off.

just stay away from the turbo materials of death from now on:p

ConverseFox
07-12-2010, 06:19 AM
It is the turbo materials as you can see you changed them to plastic from the torbo pack.u
ooooh and the guy you were talking about who had 10 minute loading times i dont it loaded after ten minutes thats just how long he waited befor he turned it off.

just stay away from the turbo materials of death from now on:p

Yea, what be said.

The Forgotten
07-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Not all of the materials cause the bug, but stay away from orange plastic and patchwork quilt as those ones crash my psp.

eagerneph
07-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Hopefully an update will be passed to fix these bugs.

Ricky-III
07-15-2010, 02:26 AM
wow, I'm having crazy load problems too! It also started on the same day as you posted this. I was making a level with mostly sand and a little rusty metal material for a vehicle I made, and I saved it and tried to edit it a few minutes later but it just went to the loading screen, stopped reading the disc (could hear it stop making noise), and just sat like that forever. I tried to load it many different ways but noting would work.

Is this what youve been having? Its driving me insane! I spent hours making sand dunes in that level and now its gone!

Also I've been having my psp crash whenever I try loading some community levels or just occaisionally when I click something in create mode. Anyone else getting these problems too? Cant wait to gey it for ps3 where these problems dont exist!