PDA

View Full Version : Coloring 3d objects

mosdl
10-28-2008, 04:48 AM
So I have a 3d object that is a combination of two objects in two planes:

- back plane is a large circle
- middle plane is another circle of the same size, but I cut out the center (another circle)

I want to color the whole thing white. The back pane is easy - one giant white sticker.

But the middle one is tricky, since it is basically a circle with no inner part, just the frame. Any ideas?

Ozymandias
10-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Just do the same thing you did with the back sticker. I'd think that you may have to use more than 1 sticker for it though. The stickers should "wrap" around the object.

DaSaintFan
10-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Just do the same thing you did with the back sticker. I'd think that you may have to use more than 1 sticker for it though. The stickers should "wrap" around the object.

it should... but for some reason I am hitting the same issue. (creating a glass object and trying to get a white sticker on it.. However, for whatever reason the sticker isn't applying to the side of the object.... ) Unfortunately I won't get to work on it until tomorrow.

Ozymandias
10-28-2008, 07:32 PM
You have to go into hover mode, go to the lasso tool (the cursor... I call it a lasso) and use the right stick to make the camera tilts. then you place the sticker down

I think the lasso tool for editing stickers works too, haven't checked.

Snrm
10-28-2008, 09:23 PM
ok get the color sticker you want put it in the center of the circle. and carefully start moving right or left. it should go on a kinda side angel i beleive so you can paint the outer rim

ClankXIII
10-28-2008, 10:49 PM
I really wish that there was a 'Paint Dunking' tool. Perhaps not the same name, but it would be nice to capture an entire object and be able to turn it all into one base color.

mosdl
10-29-2008, 06:47 AM
I really wish that there was a 'Paint Dunking' tool. Perhaps not the same name, but it would be nice to capture an entire object and be able to turn it all into one base color.

I agree, it would help keep levels smaller by saying "use this sticker on the whole thing".

Also would love a way to just change color and give me more color options.

Ozymandias
10-29-2008, 03:23 PM
If they do add the "paint bucket tool" we need a way to make custom colors are well...

LordDax
10-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Just give us a simple RGB sliders in a material tweak menu. That should cover alot of the color issues I have with the materials.

Course if you toss in a texture editor as well...