PDA

View Full Version : WOW, Japanese level - Galaxion

scooby4953
11-03-2008, 12:34 AM
I've come accross this video from a post on the EU LBP PS forum's. I've got to say that I'm really, really impressed by it. It's been done by some Japanese guy. I've no idea how he's managed to create it, and I'd love for someone to explain how this can be done in the game, but he's the video. Check it out, you'll love it :cool:
Wg0ZBHdz7wM

Edit: It's been pointed out that a few of you know this game as 'Gradius'. However, over here in Europe, I'm pretty sure this type of game first appeared under the name of 'Scramble', as I used to play it loads in my local arcade, and here's a video of it running from 1981.
5EeyJmx-5Bo

GhostViper
11-03-2008, 12:48 AM
Wow, I need to find that level. That is just sick. I can hear that he is using a jetpack, but how he makes that controll the ship. I have no idea.

gevurah22
11-03-2008, 12:53 AM
That's Gradius, foo! =P

Yeah, it's pretty hot sauce no doubt. I figured out how he does it though. Honestly, it's brilliantly simple as someone said on another forum.

scooby4953
11-03-2008, 12:58 AM
That's Gradius, foo! =P

Yeah, it's pretty hot sauce no doubt. I figured out how he does it though. Honestly, it's brilliantly simple as someone said on another forum.

Care to elaborate?

Gondito
11-03-2008, 01:00 AM
im oretty sure i know how it works, but if ppl wanna figure it out on their own, heres some spoiler tags!

hes in a jetpack inside a little box or circle made of grabbable material and connected by a stiff rod, which can go through materials, so it simulates him being inside the sip, whenever he grabs the material it just activates a emitter, pretty simple

scooby4953
11-03-2008, 01:17 AM
OK, if what you suggest is true, can you explain this video, which appears to be an early version of the same level, possibly even a Beta level, that shows a stick coming out of the back of the rocket. I have no doubt that a Jetpack is involved as you can tell by the icon at the bottom, showing you shaking the pad (to release the jetpack) but I still don't understand the full mechanics going on in the level in the first post. Things like the screen position, the moving of the ground etc etc. I need to understand.

XW_iHvSjTFs

Landail
11-03-2008, 02:56 AM
It's amazing the kind of things that can be done with the simplest tools in LBP... If this is the kind of stuff coming out from a few weeks of beta and a week of release, imagine what'll come out in a few months?

floor3013
11-03-2008, 07:53 AM
Im pretty amazed by this level. As for the system, ive come up with my own method that could work, using 2 grab switches and a winch. I think this person has done it differently though.

XV_Obliviate
11-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Very nice! Its amazing, the game has only been released a few weeks ago.

ryryryan
11-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Wow, that is insane. you'd be forgiven for not thinking it's lbp!!

punch145
11-04-2008, 03:30 PM
Wow, I knew that LBP was pretty unlimited, but I would've never imagined a fully loaded shoot-em-up!

goodintentions
11-04-2008, 07:11 PM
maybe the ship is a monster set to follow the user ?!?!?!

scooby4953
11-04-2008, 09:04 PM
I've wondered if there is a vehicle running along the bottom with the Jetpack tethered to it, that would allow the screen to keep moving forwards?