PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Keyboard

DrunkMiffy
11-07-2008, 08:32 PM
I hate the little square one (same as Oblivion) as an onscreen keyboard.

I would like the option to choose between the small square one, and the large rectangular one you use for sending private messages..

Anyone agree?

TheArmedReaper
11-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Yeh. Also, I wish you could just start typing on a keyboard and then enter and the writings there... Like in MGO. If only..

Killian
11-07-2008, 08:42 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Wish you had the option to change.

Conall-Star
11-07-2008, 09:23 PM
i'm shocked that you DON'T have the option to change. i thought that was an OS level thing (meaning the programmer just calls some keyboard command and all the functionality is contained there-in)

floor3013
11-09-2008, 06:16 PM
I totally agree, I hate the way the keyboard works and it takes forever to type long passages.

Rabid-Coot
11-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Using qwerty is miles faster then the phone style they have, It makes me hate typing in LBP

SuperYuper
11-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Yeh. Also, I wish you could just start typing on a keyboard and then enter and the writings there... Like in MGO. If only..

You can do that, I do that all the time

Snrm
11-09-2008, 07:22 PM
much agreed. one of my freinds doesnt have a mic and he is very dum when it comes to that little square one

QuozL
11-10-2008, 04:04 AM
Just use a USB or Bluetooth Key Board they work perfectly, I don't understand what the problem is?

Cheers QuozL

Justin Hopewell
11-10-2008, 04:22 AM
I have to agree with the last post. It works fine with my keyboard. My Created Object list starts to get messy when I don't have my keyboard plugged in. I tend to skip typing with the gamepad pretty often.

Now if we could only get them to add in keyboard shortcuts, we'd be in business.

Pinkcars
11-10-2008, 04:26 AM
I always use a usb keyboard. Playing without it is insane.

Ozymandias
11-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Just use a USB or Bluetooth Key Board they work perfectly, I don't understand what the problem is?

Cheers QuozL

The problem is not everyone can be bothered to have another keyboard, or they just can't have one. I, myself, have a keyboard and it works great (granted, the server lags a bit sometimes, so I'll enter a message, and then 5 minutes later (exaggerating) it finally types in and sends it =/)

I agree though, what's up with having a bunch of letters on the same button? =/ I can understand on a cell phone, but... =/

I also wish there was a way to hide that keyboard in case you already have a peripheral one...

QuozL
11-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Can't be bothered??, I have 3 old ones from previous PC's just laying around or for 20 bucks tops they cant get a cheapo USB keyboard new? C'mon it's worth it just so you don't have to type with the stupid controller. No lag here with typing using a wired connection, if you're using wireless try using wired you will be surprised at how bad the PS3 wireless is.

Cheers QuozL

Ozymandias
11-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Can't be bothered??, I have 3 old ones from previous PC's just laying around or for 20 bucks tops they cant get a cheapo USB keyboard new? C'mon it's worth it just so you don't have to type with the stupid controller. No lag here with typing using a wired connection, if you're using wireless try using wired you will be surprised at home bad the PS3 wireless is.

Cheers QuozL

Trust me, if I -could- use a wired connection i would have done that by now =/

Elbee23
11-16-2008, 08:01 AM
We don't all have keyboards, but I am tempted to get one as the in game cell phone one is driving me nuts.

I think there are two types of "Sony ps3 factory built in game" keyboards, if you understand me. A small one and a long one. I much prefer the long version, it makes typing slow, but bearable. The cell phone one is just a pain, but it is made a little bit easier by reasonable predictive text. It's just a shame it does not pick up on capitilisation. :(

I'm guessing LBP went small so it does not cover too much of the screen. If only there was an option to set it or change it...