PDA

View Full Version : Re-Decorate lbpcentral ? for lbp2

DeusJt
01-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Hello fellow comrades I just wanted to say that welcome lbp2 and yes since it is a new era in the lbpcentral community, shouldn't we redecorate the site, in a littlebigplanet 2 theme ? It will be like our welcoming to lbp2 ? doesnt it should like a good idea to change all the skins and layouts of the site ? (: just a idea im throwing out there. And anyways thank you for your time. And good luck in lbp2 hope to see you.

octopus_567
01-18-2011, 10:12 PM
If it's possible, this would be pretty awesome! Just as long as we have the same layout and everything so it will still be "LBPC"... if you see what I mean.
What would also be neat is changing those pictures at the top. Now that the game is out they could be replaced by funnier ones, like the ones we had before. (Loved the metal gear solid picture!:love:)

DeusJt
01-18-2011, 10:17 PM
yeah man your right, that would be so cool because it would just add a whole new feel to it. We could also have the lbpcentral members getting photos to put up on the top. (:

KQuinn94Z
01-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Well I think that since it hasn't been awful long since the site was redecorated, I think it is unlikely. The site's style is still relevant.

Alex™
01-18-2011, 11:46 PM
The amount of coding and the like that CC had to do for this was rather large. I doubt we'll be seeing a major redesign any time soon, although it was suggested that various forum sections get different coloured headers. That could happen I guess. I like that idea.

The headers at the top of the screen were updated to have LBP2 screenshots, however.

RockSauron
01-18-2011, 11:54 PM
The amount of coding and the like that CC had to do for this was rather large. I doubt we'll be seeing a major redesign any time soon, although it was suggested that various forum sections get different coloured headers. That could happen I guess. I like that idea.

The headers at the top of the screen were updated to have LBP2 screenshots, however.

To be quite fair, they were all taken from Sony's database.

I think another one of those things where people submit photos is in order... Plus we could always have it so special photos for special occasions... like christmas. Hm...

Alex™
01-19-2011, 05:39 PM
To be quite fair, they were all taken from Sony's database.

I think another one of those things where people submit photos is in order... Plus we could always have it so special photos for special occasions... like christmas. Hm...

Yeah, but I mean they are still LBP2...

Obviously we could have new versions of those, but an entire theme redesign?... Probably not.

Weretigr
01-19-2011, 06:15 PM

Changing the images and graphics wouldn't affect the functionality coding much. I wouldn't like something sleeker like MNRC or the LB World Record theme kind of thing :) Something to reflect the higher, sharper and more modern graphics of LBP2?

Alex™
01-20-2011, 11:59 PM
I do like the newly coloured forum title bar wotsits... ;)

GreatWhite000
01-21-2011, 05:05 AM
Hello fellow comrades I just wanted to say that welcome lbp2 and yes since it is a new era in the lbpcentral community, shouldn't we redecorate the site, in a littlebigplanet 2 theme ? It will be like our welcoming to lbp2 ? doesnt it should like a good idea to change all the skins and layouts of the site ? (: just a idea im throwing out there. And anyways thank you for your time. And good luck in lbp2 hope to see you.

Do you have any idea how long it takes to make up a new CSS for a site?

I've never dealt with a vBulletin CSS before, but after working with other forums (diff forum hosts, like ZetaBoards), I know that it takes a LONG time and is VERY frustrating to make a new skin... All the tweaks, glitches, etc. And you have to make a skin that will work on all browsers.
Oh and the graphics? Those take time to make too. :)

Also, most CSS's are in html codes, which can be tricky to read too. ;)

Gawdl3y
01-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Ehh, styling for the free remote-hosted forums like Zetaboards and Invisionfree is almost completely different from styling for forum software that you host on your own server, thanks to the fact that you have complete control.

Cauan-XV
01-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Could be cool, but not a dark theme.