PDA

View Full Version : Sackboy's Mayan Misadventures

nate_02631
11-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi - published my 1st level the other day - gotten positive feedback so far (about 1:5 heart/plays ratio)!

From the level description:

"Retrieve the lost Mayan treasure from their trap-strewn shrine. Venture through the jungle and caves avoiding dangers and collecting booty all the way! A long, challenging adventure best for 1-2 players. Some elements tribute the classic 80's "Pitfall" series."

The level has a nice jungle romp, then through some caves, back to the jungle and finally at a Mayan shrine filled with traps and obstacles. I've even managed to throw in an end boss! Recent updates included adding some double-life checkpoints to make the trickier parts at the end more accessible.

Learned a lot from doing a more complex level right off the bat (more or less maxed out the thermometer!) but I think I'll try something a little simpler next go-around.

The left is just east of Northeast USA. Feedback is appreciated and of course author/level hearts are always welcome!

Have fun! :)

Just FYI on a couple of updates... Added some double life checkpoints to make getting by some areas a little easier along with some other minor tweaks...

Just need *one more* author heart for the gold/platinum trophy, so if you like it, I could sure use an author heart (though I'll take a level heart, too ;-)

Neverynnal
11-24-2008, 07:35 PM
I really enjoyed your level man. Reminded me of something MM would make themselves. Was challenging enough to keep my attention, and has some replay value in it. Great work!

Melchiah
11-25-2008, 03:25 AM
That was a great level! Had difficult but doable parts all over! Good length, very satisfying at the end. Thanks!