PDA

View Full Version : The Dungeons

Code1337
11-27-2008, 10:08 PM
Throughout these next few weeks, I plan to be making a series of dungeons based on the elements. This idea has been inspired by a particularly awesome platforming adventure game, Legend of Zelda, so I'll make sure to make each of my levels to the best of my ability.

Here's a list of what I have planned:

Dungeon - Percent complete

Forest - 10%
Earth - 0%
Water/Electric - 0%
Fire - 0%
Shadow - 0%
Light - 0%
Final - 0%

Yeah, I'll be starting Forest tomorrow, I'm hoping to have it finished by Sunday. I'll try to push out one level every week for this, but don't expect anything.

ClankXIII
11-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Darkness?.

Edit: Just saw the Shadow one. :/

moleynator
11-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Sounds good to me. The end of the level could look like it leads on to the next. For example, at the end of shadow, there could be a light bit with the finish in it. Get it?

Code1337
11-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Sounds good to me. The end of the level could look like it leads on to the next. For example, at the end of shadow, there could be a light bit with the finish in it. Get it?
I didn't think of that, good idea. That should help the levels flow better. Thanks.

ClankXIII
11-27-2008, 10:26 PM
They did that in Story Mode in most of the levels if you didn't notice.

Code1337
11-27-2008, 10:32 PM
How would I make it where people would have to go through each of my levels to reach the final level? Would I have to release them all at once? I want to avoid that.

moleynator
11-27-2008, 10:33 PM
How would I make it where people would have to go through each of my levels to reach the final level? Would I have to release them all at once? I want to avoid that.

Level keys...

If you want the first few to be able to be played in any order then you will have to make a seperate level with passwords or something.

Code1337
11-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Level keys...

If you want the first few to be able to be played in any order then you will have to make a seperate level with passwords or something.
Hm, that sounds good to me. I just hope people can remember the password. >_<

ClankXIII
11-28-2008, 01:45 AM
The problem I see with passwords is that someone could easily comment your levels with the passwords. :/

Code1337
11-28-2008, 02:46 AM
The problem I see with passwords is that someone could easily comment your levels with the passwords. :/
Well, I can just delete the comment. :/

ClankXIII
11-28-2008, 02:53 AM
Well, I can just delete the comment. :/

You can do that?!?

Code1337
11-28-2008, 05:28 AM
You can do that?!?
Yeah. You didn't know that?

Oh yeah, you haven't published a level. >_<

UmJammerSully
11-29-2008, 12:43 AM
Two things.

Firstly, EPIC PROJECT! I really look forward to playing them. ^_^

Secondly, in my project, I was posed with a similar problem as you. I don't think you should have passwords. LYK PASSWORDS ARE SO 1990'S! Instead, do what I'm doing and use sticker switches and give away neccessary stickers at the end of a level. For example, you could have to collect a sticker in all of the dungeons to be able to open a door at the beginning of the final dungeon. Just be sure to mention how the level requires the sticker switches!

BassDeluxe
11-29-2008, 12:46 AM
Should be good, I look forward to playing it.

Code1337
11-29-2008, 01:42 AM
Two things.

Firstly, EPIC PROJECT! I really look forward to playing them. ^_^

Secondly, in my project, I was posed with a similar problem as you. I don't think you should have passwords. LYK PASSWORDS ARE SO 1990'S! Instead, do what I'm doing and use sticker switches and give away neccessary stickers at the end of a level. For example, you could have to collect a sticker in all of the dungeons to be able to open a door at the beginning of the final dungeon. Just be sure to mention how the level requires the sticker switches!
Hm... that's actually a pretty good idea, I'll use that. Thanks. ^_^

And sorry guys, the project has been delayed due to recent... events.