Episode 61
Welcome to another luxury hamper of delicious creations, handpicked from LBPC's level showcase by the Community Spotlight Crew. We hope you enjoy these creative masterpieces! PS3 SpotlightCurrent Spotlights " /> Community Spotlight Episode 61 [Archive] - LittleBigPlanet Central Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Community Spotlight Episode 61

Morgana25
06-13-2011, 01:56 AM
Episode 61

Welcome to another luxury hamper of delicious creations, handpicked from LBPC's level showcase by the Community Spotlight Crew. We hope you enjoy these creative masterpieces!

PS3 Spotlight Current Spotlights

http://ic.lbp.me/img/bl/b8c8b6c91c06de911d6d7c3588e7cea561f52ac7.pngThe Gundam Wing Project - Survival Training v1.1 (1P)gevurah22Jump into the Wing Gundam in this intense 2D shooter/beat-em-up! Aim for the elusive SSS Rank and fight your way through waves of Leos and Tauruses with music from the show! (1p only, v1.1 new boss added when reaching S Rank - Tallgeese, prizes added)

Gevurah has released another astounding piece of work, in this teaser preview of his upcoming Gundam Series. Every aspect of this level excited me – from the sprite's appearance to the varied attacks granted to your character. Fire at your foes as they rain flaming fury down upon you, and see how long you can last!A fantastic way to kick off the spotlight! This level will see you take control of the Wing Gundam, with various tools of mass destruction at your disposal as you gun down your hapless opponents. This may be a demo, but don't let that fool you as I found it to be an extraordinary level filled with stunning moments and, not forgetting, a brilliant retro soundtrack. It's hard to think how someone could have made such a mind blowing level, but then again it is Gevurah.

http://i9.lbp.me/img/bl/cf931e0ee60020cff134c8524b7876d5974666b3.png€lysia n FeildsK3NDRAKRAYThe Elysian Fields were described in Homer's writings as a place of perfect happiness at the end of the earth. Im not sure why there would be evil monsters and sack eating plants in the land of perfect happiness, but, you kno just go with it =)

By far one of the most beautiful levels I have ever played, K3ndra really know how to put the tools at her disposal to good use. At every turn here you'll find displays of beautiful detail, and really great gameplay to boot! Don't rile the monsters, they most definitely bite. . . What a wonderful level! This artistic platformer by K3ndrakray will keep you busy platforming, while showing you how a little innovation with decorations will go a long way! Just make sure to keep your jaw off the floor.Somewhere over the rainbow...

http://i3.lbp.me/img/bl/0131de36824fe5b1c7ce0f723f0e1b5365a5a21c.pngSTAR WARS: A New Hope: Chapter Two: err...Etc! (1P Only)julesyjulesThe story continues! Tracking down a missing R2-D2 is about to land you in some serious trouble... Thanks to Jedi's Centurion & Jaeyden for additional costume help... * 1P ONLY, Med/Hard difficulty *

Space saga spectacles from Julesyjules in this latest Star Wars submission. I'm a huge fan of the original Star Wars films, and to see them recreated with such care and devotion in LBP really warms my heart. The settings are stunning, the plot faithfully retold, and the gameplay itself leaves you begging for more! Varied and exciting, this is a level you won't want to miss!LBP wouldn't be the same without julseyjules' Star Wars levels. Well, the same goes for LBP 2. In A New Hope Act 2, you go out in search of that mischievous droid R2D2. Just try to stay out of trouble! I know I couldn't.A remarkable level from start to finish. Julesyjules flexes his experienced creating muscles with just about everything from an incredible immersive atmosphere to the amazing attention to detail and to the funny dialogue and superb gameplay. I could go on for hours - and you could still be reading it while you should be playing it! Go on! Enjoy.

http://id.lbp.me/img/bl/a0dbc51f17374dfd643912c8aa3474275c183c60.pngPixel Boy (1player)jump_buttonAnimated pixel boy first made in the beta, A little platformer (One player best)

Get ready to rattle robots in this retro style level from jump_button. The main character Pixel Boy, and in fact all of the artwork in this level, is intricate and yet charming. Gameplay takes me right back to my youth, playing games that came on cartridges – a nice, simplistic platformer with plenty to see and lots of stuff to punch. Good times... Go get yourself some nostalgia! Now!It's not hard to believe jump_ button has done it again and brought us a level with a unique art style that stays strong throughout the level. Jump and punch your way around this pixelated world that gives homage to the games of yesteryear.I'm not even that old and I started to get weird nostalgic memories. Terrific retro gameplay combined with the Jump_Button art style we know and love - an exceptional level is born and it is a joy at each and every turn. Yes! I made something rhyme.

http://i7.lbp.me/img/bl/9478b1e353fcc169daedd0951a90926ced9ffe52.pngMidnig ht Blossom (1 Player)XTrophxThe magical hive is losing the magic it needs to stay alive and the Queen has fallen ill! Who will help the Queen? This level requires *Observation*. Find as many magical flowers you can! The ending depends on how well you do (It's a 1 player level). Special Thanks to OneEyedBanshee, Morgana25, JayHawk_er and everyone else who helped me test this.

xTrophx has created a stunning setting for his latest level, where you play a brave young bee off on an adventure to save his Queen. Calm judgement is your best ally as you collect the magical powers from the environment, buzzing your way through a world where caterpillars bite and flowers bloom.This really is the secret life of bees as you hop, skip and buzz (mainly buzz) through this absolutely drop dead gorgeous level filled with hostile bee-eating spiders and creatures of all sorts, collecting that all the more special magic for the Queen. Great visuals, multiple endings and some brilliant, relaxing gameplay make this a level you won't t regret buzzing by. Pun very much intended. Step into this calming and beautifully lit environment. You take on the role of a bumble bee with an important task, save the kingdom! Lots of well hidden secrets await, you'll have to keep a keen eye out if you want the best ending. Filled with beautiful yet dangerous creatures it won't be a walk err.. fly in the park.

http://ia.lbp.me/img/bl/9ba252ad4764d6a4e9be7387359671b7ab4f7f0d.pngAct 2-1: Groves of GadaronAlley_Cat_8633You've arrived at Gadaron. A vast, wooden fortress built on the world's largest tree. Platformer with some simple puzzle solving. 1-4 players. Part 1 of Act 2. Thanks to Azure_Mist, ATMLVE, Jocko_99, LFiers, Lockstitch, Special_D and Steve_Big_Guns for the creative input. Enjoy.

Using only a basic palette of objects and materials, Alley_Cat_8633 has made a truly engrossing environment, rich with intuitive puzzles and gripping paltforming, in which he sets his marvelous multi-level story. I especially loved the imaginative uses of the grabinator in this level, which really gets you thinking!Alley_Cat_8633 has set the scene for his new series with Groves of Gadaron. Step inside, and work your way through this beautiful level full of tricky puzzles, and brilliant platforming!An apple a day can keep the doctor at bay, but in this world Alley_Cat_8633 has created they can also do a multitude of other things! Some really neat platforming and lots of puzzling obstacles make this one you won't want to miss. But that's not all, the series boasts a strong story which makes it all that much more engrossing. Keep an eye out in the future for more chapters of this epic saga.

http://ia.lbp.me/img/bl/71af5623b29a4d6470f9c9eb8c00d8784449bf15.pngAct 2-3: Pyre CrisisAlley_Cat_8633Your in a race against time to catch up to your companions and seek help or Gadaron will be destroyed. An intense platformer filled with cinematic events. 1-4 players. Part 3 of Act 2. ((( TIP: You can kill the badguys for bonus points.))) Special thanks to ATMLVE, Azure_Mist, Jocko_99, LFiers, Lockstich, L1ghtmare, and Special_D for their creative input. Enjoy!

After the relative peace of Groves of Gadaron, you now rush against the clock to escape the fiery destruction hot on your tail, and use anything and everything at your disposal to get away! Alley_Cat_8633 blasts you into another world with this incredibly cinematic and frantic platformer. More destruction awaits you at every turn – get your brave face on!There's only one word I can think of to describe Pyre Crisis. CRAZY!!! This level had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. With a very cinematic atmosphere, this level will keep your adrenalin pumping! There's so much going on you just might be tricked into thinking you're watching a movie!After the peaceful platforming of Act 2-1 and some impressive cinematics you'll find yourself in a more chaotic place. The Groves of Garadon are under fire and on fire but we still have our trusty apples which preform even more death defying feats in this act. The gameplay takes a turn for a more fast paced experience with things explode and falling apart all around as you dodge death at every turn. Don't miss this frantic entry in the series.

http://i3.lbp.me/img/bl/e43295a2ccf0b4513754fd0810be6b8839b669b2.pngAttack of the ⓝⓔⓡⓓ [Nasty Evil Robotic Defense] System: IntroDaSpoonyThe introduction to my NERD series. Sackthing works in a top secret military base that happens to need better security... (Original Music composed by myself and JackMorganUK) [The following levels are recommended for 1 Player Only]

DaSpoony's imaginative and comedic series is bursting with eye-popping visuals and imaginative gameplay. From puzzles to platforming to adrenaline-pumping action, it's all in here – and with a great storyline to boot! Don't pass this series up – it's a real treat!Oh no, an evil robotic defense system is on the offense and your it's target! You'll have to run and maneuver yourself past it's various means of extermination in an adventure that's sure to keep you alert. With all sorts of gameplay in there your skills will be tested on several fronts. It won't be an easy task taking down that pesky N.E.R.D.

http://i3.lbp.me/img/bl/5032c17512492c1b95c09942c8e6628ab6591134.pngGalact ic Grappler pj15In this space station, sackboy will grapple and bounce his way back to his space ship. But along the way he will likely die several times over. As a special reward for acing this, level, sackboy will get his / her very own rocket ship with all logic included, just like the one at the end of this level. God's speed!

Slick visuals and challenging platforming await you in pj15's latest offering to the showcase. You are challenged with the task of returning to your space ship, armed only with a handy grappling hook and the assistance of some convenient bounce pads. Don't be fooled by its friendly beginnings - this level will certainly test your capabilities!Test your skills with PJ15's Galactic Grappler! This level is one of those levels that will have you biting your lip the whole way through. With some great platforming, and a brilliant sci-fi theme this level is not to be toyed with!

http://ib.lbp.me/img/bl/40b03ce25af20d7b56df9f87d6608c4c475878d1.pngMusic movie: Britain's Got Talent entryShifty_GeezerA touching musical about Life and people, created for Britain's Got Talent to accompany a live performance of myself, an untrained composer and musician. Sadly it won't be shown live as I didn't even get through the first round. :( You can hear the full, proper soundtrack, beautifully sung by a friend, on YouTube. Search for 'LBP_BGT', and also watch my other BGT entries.

Warning to those who are quick to cry – this is a movie with heart. Even the stoniest face gent, when faced with this clip, would probably break down in sentimental sobs after mere seconds of watching. Seriously, Shifty_Geezer has created a beautiful movie, accompanied by beautiful, touching lyrics. Get your hankies ready!From the get go this level draws you in. Shifty_Geezer has managed create a heartbreaking yet heartwarming tale with a very powerful message. The camera work and effects are really top notch, making the scenes that much more believable. Couple that with the fantastic soundtrack and lyrics this is one you won't want to miss. It's a travesty this hasn't got more attention. Spread the word, this is an idea I really think is worth spreading.

http://ia.lbp.me/img/bl/d6a5e8c9c04ae045f53f1111ccaa9232571af6eb.pngFlame-Broiled Fury - 1 PlayerFooflesIn a world filled with junk food and evil - you must survive! Use the L-Stick or the DPad to move, X to jump, and R1 to shoot. Grab junk food for points and bullets for extra ammo! If you're not sure what something is, it's probably trying to kill you. Be on the lookout for special bonuses, including a massive bonus for finishing the level with perfect health!

Pew pew pew! Foofles is back, and this time he brings platforming goodies! His latest level is a frantic, challenging platformer/shooter, where you collect as many calorific snacks and drinks as you can, whilst avoiding possible certain death from, well, everything really! Not for the faint of heart, this level will beg you to finish it. Pew pew pew . . . That unicorn haunts my dreams. . .
Foofles is back with another brilliant level. This time you'll be shooting lazers at a hoard of unique enemies and dodging death traps left right and centre, all while trying to grab the nearest junk food for points with a devilishly catchy backing track. Don't get too trigger happy though, ammunition is limited, a level that requires precision and skill. For a retro feeling challenge, I highly recommend Flame Boiled Fury. Beware of the unicorn!Foofles has done it again! Flame-Broiled Fury is an action packed, retro styled, platforming shooter that will test your gaming skills to the max! Well, what are ya waiting for?! Boot this baby up, and chow down!

http://i8.lbp.me/img/bl/248da5620912136b95e4c5e577bf8710fd17e8cd.pngSackTr acking! [PART 1]MnniskaIt seems like it'll be another ordinary day when The Almighty Master suddenly summons all of his minions! Just what is he up to? Designed for one player only. I'm serious! :)

Another truly individual level from Mnniska, Sacktracking features all the aspects of his creations that we have come to know and love. Stunning art style, genuinely funny humour, and really innovative and original gameplay ideas. The end of part two actually made me laugh out loud – it is genuinely that funny. Go, play!Hmm. Mnniska, are you controlled by the power of forks? If so, can I have a look at your cutlery collection? This level's brilliant ingenuity shines through, whether you're maneuvering through the cleverly designed puzzles or laughing at the witty dialogue, you're in for some treat. The gameplay elements never feel forced or frustrating, and always maintain that challenging assertiveness that every good level needs. Combined with Mnniska's stamp - this is truly a fantastic level that is well deserved of a spotlight.SackTracking is simply one of the most innovative levels I've seen in a while. The gameplay will keep you asking yourself, why didn't I think of that?!?! Between the awesome visuals, and the inventive gameplay, this level feels like a breath of fresh air!Mnniska has brought us another unique concept with perfect execution. Using sackbots and controlinators in ways I'd never have thought of. Not only does it have some of the best gameplay I've seen in a while but this level also includes some brilliant humor that is sure to get some laughs out of you. Excellent character design that only adds to the comical experience. Packed with personality and charm this is one level.. or two.. I sincerely think you should not miss! Play them now!

http://i2.lbp.me/img/bl/872595c71a3471be4c26099d2a2a7e768f58e59d.pngTroubl e Within Part 2 Act 1- More Iron In His DietArastophNow faced with the grim journey through the ogre's intestines the last thing you would expect to find is a scientist and his robot sidekick also trying to escape. He explains that the only way to travel that route is by some sort of boat which he has fortunately built before your arrival... the only thing missing is a power source. You decide to help him retrieve a power source but it means you have to venture deeper into his half digested laboratory before the orge's digestive acids claim it.

Who ever Knew the insides of an ogre could be so gorgeous! Well, you find out in this brilliant level, where you meet a scientist, and find out just how mad he is!Trouble Within returns and this time you'll be facing the Ogre's tummy. It's not all hugs though, a harsh environment bubbling with acids and other dangers, better watch your step. An unlikely place for a scientis's laboratory but it makes for a fascinating scene and interesting gameplay.

http://i0.lbp.me/img/bl/ec0b8ce8cea3465eca62e0f3fafd9624dea7d47b.pngHoney Factory Fiasco: None of Your Bees NestSX_Shookie99As you have finally made it to the Honey Factory, it's time to find out what the drone bees have been up to...

Who could possibly turn a bee hive into a beautiful and engrossing platformer? Sx_Shookie99 ticks all the boxes with this fantastic level – packed with stunning details and honed to perfection. The combination of powerups in this level are just spot on – the gameplay here is a lovely taster for what is yet to come! Oh, and they iz punny too! What more could you want?For some sticky grappling action, make sure to give Honey Factory Fiasco a run! This whimsical journey to the nectar sector, will keep you on your toes. Don't forget your bug spray!

http://ie.lbp.me/img/bl/04e4a1c9472acd083a6e8cdde931da17840f83c9.pngMetall ic industries inc. Xx_Mr_Orange_xXAn action packed platformer in an industrial factory setting. (1 to 2 players recommended) (med difficulty) I hope you enjoy. It's my first lbp2 level. :)

Couple a grand setting with slick rewarding gameplay, and you'll have the recipe for Mr Orange's level. Frenzied conveyor belt challenges and smooth grappling targets abound as you make your way through a vast factory. Why are you there, where are you going? Who knows, and who cares? With gameplay like this you'll be far too concerned with having fun!XX_MR_ORANGE_XX shows his attention to detail in this gorgeous platformer, Metallic Industries. With all the crazy machinery, some kick butt visuals, and top shelf platforming to boot, it'd be a shame to miss this level. So dont!Slick, shiny, solid, versatile and very hard to make. What? You thought I was describing metal? No no, I'm describing Mr Orange's fantastic creating ability of course! Whether you're hanging around with the grappling hook or admiring the awesome machinery, you're sure to have a blast in this action packed level.

http://i4.lbp.me/img/bl/e647eef3b208693f395ffd39564a78920cfe1c02.pngColour your dreams 3soarecucoltiTravel trough the four seasons and restore the beauty of the world. Requires time and patience. Hint: grab the snow to melt it.

Travel through an extensive journey, restoring the beauty of the world throughout all four seasons. This level contains some of the most beautiful settings I have ever seen recreated in LBP. Soarecucolti really knows ow to manipulate the atmospheric tools to their advantage – There were lighting changes in here that really made my jaw drop! And the puzzles are great too! Intuitive, fun and eye-poppingly stunning, do give this level your time!
Enter this beautifully crafted world of dreams made by soarecucolti. What starts as a dark place filled with puzzles changes dramatically when you solve everything. From the darkness, scenes beautifully decorated will erupt in eye opening sequences. Each season has a unique atmosphere that has been masterfully created to echo the distinct changes that occur each and every year. A true delight to play, make sure you have some time when you play this one as you'll need it so you can take your time and admire the hard work and skill that has gone into making this masterpiece.

Backlog Spotlights

http://i9.lbp.me/img/bl/a99f728ee0df420d559c6e6dc1f17f63d373034c.pngPanzer Arcade (Top Down Tank Shooter)Chewbacca815Top Down View Tank Arcade Shooter - Collect Powerups for bonuses or weapon upgrades!! - 2 Players Maximum!!

“Artistic” is a tag not normally associated with top down tank shooters but this one deserves it! You’ll find yourself forgetting to shoot as you admire the great scenery and laugh at the cool, cartoony enemies. The gameplay is excellent too, some slick controls and nice bonuses and power ups. This level is just tremendous fun all round!

http://i0.lbp.me/img/bl/710aae8723bc5e9fa1dd0d67863e722cb5b2f3a7.pngThe Fist of Craft Earthgevurah22You are already sacked! Take control of Sackshiro and battle remnants of the Negativitron... with sharks and zombies and maybe even bombs! Fight your way through this top-down beat-em-up like never before seen on LBP2! (1P only, 2p-4p spectate) v1.2 major fixes to immature deaths and collisions, thanks for the input everyone!

The Fist of Craft Earth is one of those levels that just blows you away. From the second you boot it up, to the second you reach the score board, you'll be going nonstop! The action, along with the top down perspective, and a little bit of comedy. Make this a level you wont want to miss!

http://if.lbp.me/img/bl/64f7b4d8bc0d73342ac95f1d267ae33fd6fb633f.pngSacker atinator 3000BlastroidCurrently: 27 rat test cages. Enter the Sackeratinator 3000 and get transformed into a lab rat. The doctor promises to turn you back into your normal self if you get to the end of his rat tests. This level is developed in sections by the community. See http://LBPQuilt.com for more information. Press L1 in a section to see the creator's name. PS:Intro movie can be skipped (start - skip).

Who knew being a rat could be so much fun? Kudos to those involved in putting together this amazing Community project. Unique, clever and packed with fun gameplay, this level certainly deserved its MM Pick. The puzzles are varied and the cinematics charming – loved the twist at the end too. Play, create, share at its best!

http://i5.lbp.me/img/bl/4555834cd843656f6fb8696544e54d91510e142f.pngMissil e Works (1-Player)Holguin86Can you work out how to use the grappling hook to your advantage in this steampunk-inspired factory? This is a grapple heavy level, one player recommended. | LBPCentral.com

So you thought grappling hooks were just for swinging and bungee-ing around the place? So wrong! Holguin came up with an ingenious new use for them which challenged everyone’s preconceptions, as well as their skills! A blast to play, tricky in places but never frustrating, this level combines great innovative gameplay with some cool steampunk visuals to make it one of the early must play levels in LBP2.

http://i5.lbp.me/img/bl/d559e4e859703fd7defcd964489ffa73c8ff1e31.pngThe Ancient Trials of New Beh'TaLuos_83You made your way through the Ancient Caves of Beh'Ta and the Beh'Tasians are thankful.. They have taken you to a shrine filled with puzzles and danger.. Will you have the patience and courage to solve the Ancient Trials of New Beh'Ta? Made by: Luos_83, c_mckamey, TheAdipose & Asbestos101 (search for Trials of Beh'Ta on Youtube for walkthrough)

Who wouldn’t jump at the chance to re-play one of the best levels in the Beta? Luos again pushes the boundaries of what’s possible with LBP2 in this two level series. The visuals are just gorgeous with an amazing attention to detail and some great lighting. Exploring the land of New Beh’Ta is a treat and its inhabitants have a unique charm – no one could resist helping them by solving the clever puzzles and uncovering a few secrets along the way! Great use of cutscenes, sackbot AI and grappling gameplay. Anyone who has not yet played these levels should do so, and now!

Also from the Showcase...
[B]Played everything in the Spotlight and still looking for more?
These levels stand out from the crowd for a variety of reasons, so be sure to check them out!

[LBP2] Stunning visuals and creative gameplay inThe Moon's Pearl (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=857606) by Tulior10
[LBP2] Battle with your pals and find all the changes in Spot the Differences (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=857670) by crASHn2u
[LBP2] Original music worthy of a listen! Check out Jukebox Lite (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=857925) by Festerd_Jester
[LBP2] Simple, Creative, and Fun! Repel and attract your way through LittleBigMagnet (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=858567) by SlurmMacKenzie
[LBP2] Nick's been on a publishing frenzy! We love his latest offerings, Slippery Climb (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=858978) and Toxic Ascent (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=861060) by Nick930930
[LBP2] Race your way through a frenzied challenge in Up! A Platformer (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=859142) by Bang126
[LBP2] The DeLorean returns for a survival challenge with a twist -Miserable Flying Weather (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=859376) by Mr_Fusion
[LBP2] Stunning filmmaking in the Psychological thriller/drama Shattered Embrace (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=859385) by Stampy83
[LBP2] RPG-style gameplay and an intriguing plot in The Heist: Prologue (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=859416) by Frozen50
[LBP2] Beautiful visuals and engaging gameplay in The Grand Treasure Chase: Chapter 1 (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=859556) by Tylerburrito
[LBP2] Overlord-style gameplay - command your own army of drones in Hivemind (DEMO) (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=860343) by Jibberwocky22
[LBP2] A faithful LBP adaptation of the popular films, Wallace & Gromit in: Shear Madness (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=862015) by Kaiju_Kid
[LBP2] Grab your friends, choose your path and pray it's the fastest one! Multi-Path Race Through Crate City (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=862959) by Ostler5000
[LBP2] Hunt of the treasure in a wooden paradise, complete with fiery pits! Wooden Perfection (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=864383) by Scorpskull
[LBP2] Race your friends or battle it out in ReCharge (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57797) by beatdough
[LBP2] Epic sidescrolling survival challengeReign of the Armada: Skies of Hell (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=864224) by LoVeRiCe will challenge up to 4 players!
[LBP2] Multi-path platforming, with slick puzzles and visuals:A Different Direction (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=865283) by hm83
[LBP2] A remake of a Retro classic, Diamond Dash, the Boulder Dash Clone (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=865438) by hesido

And last but not least, levels of note from our ever-shrinking Backlog:

[LBP2] Engrossing Point and Click adventures in Secrets of Science - Chapter 1 (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?49187) by Discosmurf
[LBP2] Got a bit of a sweet tooth? Try out this great race level: Jersey Smores (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?49215) by antman
[LBP2] Fun & Funny gameplay in Sacknight: Fetch Quest of the King (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=774586) by Hoplyte
[LBP2] imaginative, bright, and cheerful - we recommend Blue Unicorn (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=775913) by OrangeTroz
[LBP2] Take all the time you can sprare to explore a beautiful, detail environment in Dark Heart of the Wood (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=777327) by Tanuki75
[LBP2] Classic memorizing, button-mashing fun in Simon! The Classic Memory Game. (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=777594) by AngelorD129
[LBP2] Hectic sidecrolling shooter fun inStar Wars ~ X-Wing Arcade (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=777671) by slim_jim89

PSP Spotlight

ShardsDizzyZebra/DizZyZebrahttp://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff393/valmassoilbpc/PSP%20Spotlight%2061/IMG_4207.jpgRun through a mayhem of mosaics and rumbling ruins to save two worlds...

Dizzy makes a striking comeback with her latest and greatest level for the PSP. The environments created are simply beyond comprehension. I did not know the PSP could handle such beautiful scenery. If that isn't enough to get you to play this level, keep in mind the gameplay is golden, as is the intriguing story. Now go! Play it now!
Dizzy is known for spectacular visuals in her levels, and here she delivers in excellent style. The mosaic-esque visuals will have you standing in awe and often cause deaths from not paying enough attention to the gameplay!! But when you can drag yourself away from the beautifully crafted scenery you'll be greeted with original platforming and even a boss battle. What more can Dizzy do? Everyone that knows me understands that I have a soft spot for pretty levels. Loading up anything from Dizzy is always a treat for me, and her latest offering to the psp servers is a magnificent work of art, that I have been playing now for over a week. No matter how many times I play it, I will always find something different. Her sticker work is mind boggling, I couldn't make a level like this if I worked on it for the rest of my life. The amount of details, and all of the materials she used is staggering. Some creators are stickering geniuses, and some creators will Never understand their full potential in the level creating process. Dizzy understands it. But, what is a pretty level without some killer gameplay? This a great playing level, with ideas I have never seen implemented on psp. If you have never played anything by this awesome author, do yourself a favor and DL this now, because levels like this don't come around very often. And I feel privileged to have played it.Timber RunVelcroJonze/VelcroJonzehttp://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff393/valmassoilbpc/PSP%20Spotlight%2061/IMG_4220.jpg. . . Twenty levels later, Sackboy concludes his run. Also known as Timber Canyon III.

VelcroJonze takes us back to the well known Timber Canyons in his last level spot. In it you will find fast-paced gameplay, solid visuals, fun bubble combos, and a race that will keep you coming back over and over again to improve your score. I think I've played it ten times already! This level has so much fun to offer; it truly is one of the best platforming experiences out there.You should know this creator by now. Two levels in the last spotlight and he's churning them out like a level making machine! His latest level lets us return to his Timber Canyon, and the thrilling conclusion will see you sprinting through great platforming to get the highscore. You know what to expect from Velcro, and you know you'll enjoy this!

Also from the Showcase...
Played everything in the PSP Spotlight and still looking for more?
These levels stand out from the crowd for a variety of reasons, so be sure to check them out!

For a fun series with great sticker work, dialogue, and character designs, check out MSF Adventures (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?57208-MSF-Adventures).
If you're in the mood to climb a tall tower full of fun platforming, be sure to play Wizard's Spire (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?57301-Wizard-s-Spire).

kabirdsall14
06-13-2011, 02:05 AM
Another Great spotlight! Thanks spotlighters! :D

Frinklebumper
06-13-2011, 02:12 AM
Added to my queue. Excited to play these! :D

Nick930930
06-13-2011, 02:13 AM
Dang, wasn't spotlighted. But at least I was mentioned in the showcase. Congrats to the spotlighted! lots of great levels here!

Funny, a lot of these levels appear in the LittlebigPodcast, LittleBigPicks, and etc. Shame that there's still levels hidden from the community due to the system in place :( Here's hoping we shall find them some day!!!

Also, Can we avoid spotlighting levels that are already Mm picked please? Just a suggestion. They're fantastic levels, but... they're already spotlighted essentially :P

smasher
06-13-2011, 02:16 AM
Congrats to all the people who's levels made the spotlight! We had a blast playin through em!:)

Also thanks to the rest of the crew for all your hard work! Enjoy everyone!!

darcyh
06-13-2011, 02:32 AM
great spotlight as always
good to know everything is back to normal

psp side is a bit short, i better do some contributing and finish mmy level soon

WoodburyRaider
06-13-2011, 02:56 AM
Another great spotlight guys! I'll be adding those PSP levels to me queue ASAP...oh wait. :p The PSP side needs to step it up and keep pumping out levels! *Runs to find PSP*

anoken
06-13-2011, 02:57 AM
Congrats all spotlightees! This one was a blast to be a part of :D

VelcroJonze
06-13-2011, 03:21 AM
Another superb episode team!!

The amount of work that goes into this thing is unreal people. Pat your spotlighters on the back!!

As for the levels, this community always amazes me with the amount of creativity that runs rampant.

So a huge thanks to the team, and to the creators for making my life a little brighter tonight.

Night Angel
06-13-2011, 03:25 AM
Spotlight Crew is really doin' work! Congrats to the Spotlighted levels and their creators!

DaSackBoy
06-13-2011, 03:32 AM
Always loving the level's showcased, at least there is one place where the choice of levels isn't corrupted with LBP1 bomb survivals. Awesome!

Xx_Mr_Orange_xX
06-13-2011, 03:51 AM
Thank you Spotlight Crew! It is a real honor to have my level chosen.

Congratulations to everyone else that made the spotlight! :)

SLS10
06-13-2011, 03:56 AM
Cool list of levels. Will examine the ones that I haven't already had the pleasure to experience.

Eh, message me if you want a controversial opinion. :B

Goober1823
06-13-2011, 04:11 AM
Also, Can we avoid spotlighting levels that are already Mm picked please? Just a suggestion. They're fantastic levels, but... they're already spotlighted essentially :P

I have to agree with you on that one. When a level is Mm Picked, it is almost garenteed to be seen by all and get THOUSANDS of plays. I almost did a spotlight myself for unknown levels, but the tedious process of making the thread put me off (it kept scrolling to the top of the message lol). :grr:

If possible, I hope to join the spotlight team myself and help look around, preferably at unknown levels. Of course, I need to fill out the application and all that, though I might not be able to commit all the time required to see ALL the levels, or do much coding. :(

Anyway, congrats on the spotlights people. Enjoy the fame (and no fortune whatsoever) that comes from your time in the light. :p

OmegaSlayer
06-13-2011, 04:52 AM
Thanks a lot again crew!
And congrats to the creators!!!

L1GhTmArE
06-13-2011, 07:05 AM

I have to agree with you on that one. When a level is Mm Picked, it is almost garenteed to be seen by all and get THOUSANDS of plays.

Would that be fair to the creator though? Spotlight team is here to pick levels from the site thats been posted in the last 2 weeks...If that level has been posted we should just leave it out? Doesn't seem fair to me that they post thier level and it gets thrown out automatically. So if your level was picked we should throw it out? I don't think we should...

Anyways, we had a good time playing these levels the last 2 weeks. Keep 'em coming!

Mnniska
06-13-2011, 07:08 AM
Whoa, it really seems like the spotlight is back up online! o__o Coolsauce.

Er, and also thanks for picking my level! Seems like people are enjoying it and stuff so I'm happy :)

Oh and @ Nick % Goober1823. I kinda talked about the Mmpicks thingy in the last spotlight, might aswell copy & paste the answers :)

Gilgamesh>>

As far as I can remember, the purpose of the spotlight has always been to showcase great levels that were posted in the Level Showcase. Nothing more, nothing less.
Finding hidden gems is a side-effect of this, not the primary goal.
If it was the primary goal, the spotlight team would have to start culling levels before every showcase (adding to the already long process) in case the level got outside exposure between when it was chosen and when the spotlight went up.

smacher>>

I don't see any harm in including ALL levels of spotlight quality in the spotlight. Regardless of any attention the level may have already received. As Morgana said, there is no limit to the number of levels we include in the spotlight, so be assured, that any level that makes the cut will be in it. It's not like spotlighting a MM pick'ed level is going to bump someone's level from the spotlight. The worst thing that can ever happen is the spotlight is a little bigger. That's it. I see no harm in having a bigger spotlight. All you have to do is skip over the MM picks. Should be no prob.

So yeeeah, seems like we'll have to live with this :P

soarecucolti
06-13-2011, 08:35 AM
Thanks so much for the nomination!
I can't wait to play the rest of the levels!

jump_button
06-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Mm really should add a 1player gate to stop anyone from playing with more then one it hard to balance out level and some just don't work well with more then one. thanx for the spotlight guy, iv not been playing that much so ill try and get the one iv missed

Gravel
06-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Wow... It's like you could set your watch by it! Congrats all around. Quality at last! Nearly burnt myself out with the backlog... "Never go into the wastelands, boy-- Never!"

Holguin86
06-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Congratulations creators, and thanks for all the effort from the spotlighters and the temporary crew! There are a lot of levels to play, 'specially in the backlog. :p

Just to make clear, we're not gonna change spotlight policy, which has always said that we'll play every level in the showcase and pick levels regardless of play count, hearts, MmPicks or features on any other website. What if a level gets featured months after it's been put in a spotlight? Do we go back and take it out of the post? Obviously it's nice when a minimally-played/popularised gem is found and spotlighted but, as has already been said, that's not what the spotlight is for - its purpose is to showcase the best from LBPC's level showcase.

PygmyOwl
06-13-2011, 03:52 PM
:blush: Thanks so much for the spotlight. Its inspiring enough to make one want to immediately start on a new level. ;D Great job to everyone on the team and the creators. I can't wait to play all your levels. :D

LFiers
06-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Thanks to Morgana and the spotlight crew for another great spotlight episode... I must ask though, are you still back log spotlighting? I was just wondering because a lot of great levels may miss the chance to be in running for it if not. Either way, I understand if its a no due to the crazy amount of levels to be released during this time but it will still be a bit of a blow to many amazing levels that I have seen being released during this time. Many deserve the spotlight. One of those for example is an amazing platformer called "Wicked Woodworks". That is just one example of some of the great levels which I believe are awesome! Either way, thank you and I look forward to more from the spotlight crew in the near future! :)

Morgana25
06-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Don't thank me - I just posted it, the guys did the hard work! :)

Yes, they're still playing through the backlog. If you look closely at the list there is a regular spotlight, then a backlog section. :)

rialrees
06-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Congratulations to everyone! I just got back from a weekend away to find all these lovely spots have finally been posted and everyone is happy and smiling - a great treat!

CCubbage
06-13-2011, 04:53 PM
Another Great List! Gonna get on these tonight.... It's incredible how diverse these levels are. I've already played through quite a few of them, and even though I've been unable to do any creating myself - I've been having a blast using LBP2 as a game player.

Awesome stuff!

nysudyrgh
06-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Li'l PSP spotlight, still epic.
Thank you spotlight team. :)

Alley_Cat_8633
06-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Oh Wow!! I never imgagined that I would get my first two spotlights at the same time. It is truly an honor to be amongst these other great creations. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to play my levels and to the spotlight crew for selecting me.

DaSpoony
06-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Wow! Spotlighted!

Considering the huge amount of levels that have been published since the PSN has been back up, I'm impressed that the spotlight team was able to go through so many of them so quickly :D Congrats to everyone spotlighted, I'm so glad my level's up there with all those fantastic levels :)

shropshirelass
06-13-2011, 08:54 PM
Congratulations to the creators whose levels got featured - there look to be some great levels in there. It's genuinely heartening how the quality levels keep on coming. A big thanks to the Spotlight team too for all the work they're putting into bringing us the Spotlights. You guys do an amazing job!

A quick update on the backlog. We've played through about 350 levels since the temporary team was put together but that still only takes us as far as levels posted in the Showcase in around mid February! So if you're wondering whether particular levels have been overlooked, the answer is probably that we just haven't got to them yet. But don't worry we are going through every level in the backlog and we'll get there eventually! :)

Ostler5000
06-13-2011, 09:08 PM
Oh, that's nice. I got a level in the mini-spotlights. TBH, I really didn't expect that at all.
TBH, I had figured if any of my LBP2 levels get spotlighted, it'd be RemboBots, not Crate City. Oh, well. Grateful all the same.

...Hell, there's alot to queue here. I haven't played the vast majority, this time.

julesyjules
06-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the Spotlight and your time and effort guys, appreciated. Great to have the Spotlight back up and running again, haven't played a fair few of these...

LFiers
06-14-2011, 01:42 AM
Don't thank me - I just posted it, the guys did the hard work! :)

Yes, they're still playing through the backlog. If you look closely at the list there is a regular spotlight, then a backlog section. :)

Oops. I actually did miss the heading "backlogs" this time. Silly me. :p Thanks for pointing that out. Thats awesome! I'm glad the crew are continuing the backlog spotlight feature too. A big congrats to everyone who received a spotlight here especially to my friend Alley Cat with his not too shabby double spotlight feature, well done to you all! I look forward to many more great episodes full of creative design & quality in the near future. :)

jwwphotos
06-14-2011, 02:00 AM
Congrats to the creators! Awesome stuff!

..also a huge thanks to both the spotlight team and the backlog team. My heart goes out to you and really appreciate all the time for the site. Hope you are having fun too! lol

shookie99
06-14-2011, 02:24 AM
Congrats to all the levels/creators that got spotlighted. And a big thanks to all the folks that put in the time to make the spotlight possible. Oh wait, my levels up there, so thanks for the spotlight. As for the next installment, it will bee a while beefore I get to it. I have at least two other levels in the works. Thanks again.

Chazprime
06-14-2011, 04:23 AM
Some awesome levels in there...they were very fun to play!

gevurah22
06-14-2011, 05:38 AM
Yay! Both my levels were spotlighted. ^^

Big thanks to everyone who tried them out and to the spotlight crew as well! I don't know how you guys get through all the levels that you guys review, but great work like always. =)

Arastoph
06-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Thankyou so much for the spotlight! <3 it really means a lot to me and makes all the effort i put into my levels so worth while!
You guys/gals are awesome! :love:

Arnald23
06-14-2011, 10:30 AM
Awesome spotlight guys! Im sorry I haven't been active on the level line up but in 2 weeks I will be free for 2 month lol again sorry I have test this week so wish me luck.

Anyways congratulation to everyone that got spotlight you guys deserve it :p

JustinArt
06-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Another awesome spotlight list. Congrats to the spotlight, folks. Good thing I played some of them already.

pj15
06-14-2011, 05:33 PM
WOW ,thank you spotlight crew for choosing my lvl ! and congrats to the other creators :)

psyntens
06-15-2011, 04:27 AM
Congratulations guys really here hv cool works. I was love most of this works.

craigmond
06-15-2011, 07:04 AM
Good Spotlight. Well done, some really good levels there.

K3NDRAKRAY
06-16-2011, 02:13 AM
Wow im honored to be picked amoung so many great levels and creators!! Thanks everybody <3

ALS_TheGamer
06-16-2011, 06:37 AM
- I played some of these levels and are amazing,excelent work as allways,LBPC Spotlight Team,and congratulations to all these great creators who get picked.
-Greetings to all.

Jayhawk_er
06-18-2011, 01:39 AM
Haha this might sound super dumb, but my browser isn't letting me open up the first page of this to see the levels, can someone give me some of the level names and what level of mine is in there (at least I think one of mine is there, when I search for Jayhawk_er it brings this thread up). Please? :D

TOXIC_KILLA_
06-20-2011, 05:28 PM
awesome spotlight :D know what to play now :P<3

rialrees
06-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Aww sorry Jay, I think it's because you're in xTrophx's level description lol!

*Gives jay a cookie to make im feel better*

Jayhawk_er
06-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Haha thanks rialrees, OneEyedBanshee informed me earlier :D

But I'm ok without da cookie, cuz Joey's level getting spotlighted makes me happy. :)

Aya042
06-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Locked and archived. :)