Episode 68
Welcome one and all to the latest installment of Central's own distinguished selection of reputable, top-notch quality levels picked from the cream of the crop of the Level Showcase! But first, we have a few" /> Community Spotlight Episode 68 [Archive] - LittleBigPlanet Central Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Community Spotlight Episode 68

Aya042
09-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Episode 68

Welcome one and all to the latest installment of Central's own distinguished selection of reputable, top-notch quality levels picked from the cream of the crop of the Level Showcase! But first, we have a few notices to draw your attention this week, and keep you all updated on what goes on behind the scenes at Spotlight Central.

Firstly, and most importantly, we are looking to increase our ranks. Long-term member tanrockstan34 has decided to step down from his post. We all wish him well, and hope that he can continue to lurk in the forums a little while longer to share his knowledge and opinions with us.

This means, of course, that we are now left with very few active members on the PS3 team, so we are searching for active, passionate, talkative LBPC members who would be interested in joining our ranks. If you're interested in applying, please take a look on our recruitment thread (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34069), and read the first post for instructions on how to apply. Applications will remain open for a few more days, before we close to deliberate!

Also, we'd like to remind you that should you ever have any burning questions for the spotlight crew, we do have a thread for just that purpose! Meet the Community Spotlight Crew (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38232) – a place where you can get answers to anything you have to ask us!

Well that's enough of our ranting for the time being. On with the Spotlight!

PS3 Spotlight

Current Spotlights

http://ib.lbp.me/img/bl/28baef4d1b220a9c35ed78826912a9be268beb2c.pngSackma gnet, or "The hero that cannot climb stairs" [1P ONLY!!]SlurmMacKenzieGo through a training course as Sackmagnet, a new super heroe who can polarize itself like a magnet! Get 3 stars at the evaluation to unlock the prototype level and win the sackbot!

Sackmagnet is solid evidence that a level which hinges on a sackbot's mechanics being altered to influence gameplay can work. And not only does it work, but it works beautifully. Control systems are fluid, responsive, and above all – fun! Guide your magnetised sackthing through a series of tests of increasing difficulty, mastering your power and bending every metallic object in the area to your will. Everything ramps up towards the end of the level, where you face off against a series of lasers, moving platforms and death defying leaps of faith to reach your goal. Face your grade at the end of the level to see how well you've done!A new hero has leapt onto the stage and who cares if he can’t climb stairs when he can use his awesome magnetic superpowers to bound (and re-bound) up them instead! Jumping is so old school! This is a truly impressive level from Slurm. The sackbot works perfectly, the controls are smooth and simple to master and the puzzles and obstacles all cleverly worked out. The difficulty is nicely balanced with plenty of challenge to keep things interesting – and that’s even without the additional challenges that need to be accomplished to gain a star-rating! Most important of all though, you’ll have tremendous fun ricocheting around the level, dodging lasers and literally flying in the face of danger! Sackmagnet is true star right down to his shiny neon boots and you’ll love taking on the mantle of this small superhero for a while.

http://ib.lbp.me/img/bl/e2b65e8297a576ee0dde3c80e10764d87d72cc63.pngPaper boy WorldAdel22Have fun!

Paper Boy World is an experience unlike any other. Taking control of a cute little cardboard sackboy (aww, isn't he sweet?) You fight your way through a series of highly creative environments, all created by the power of doodles! Deciding which path to take can be tricky until you get the hang of it, but this is really a level that shouldn't be missed. Watch out for the occasional slap on the back – those people don't seem to understand the meaning of a gentle touch!Adel22 has created a fresh level in both the visual department, and the platforming sections. Striking visuals resembling a play room of some sort, with hands that come from all around and pages are strewn across the room. Each page with different drawings and lines, which in turn form the path for your frail little paper boy who seems to have leaped directly out of one these drawings himself to make his way across. Who would have thought these kids could be so destructive? Better beware of those little hands too and not just the pit falls as you jump from page to page or you might just find yourself a smudge in trouble.

http://i4.lbp.me/img/bl/8246d50a5faba44e393c8aba171f9d222a08c8f0.pngLBPC4: The Fourth Wall [Very Hard]comphermcEver wonder why it takes a sackperson so long to respawn? The journey from death to respawn is not as simple as it would seem... This is a one-player level, and it's very long. Do your friends a favor and leave them behind. Based on the art style and gameplay found in LIMBO. If you get stuck at any time, hold Square

Taking direct inspiration from the popular PSN Title “Limbo”, The Fourth Wall is a perfect opportunity for us to follow the journey of our sackthing as they traverse the murky depths between death and reincarnation. Battle your way through challenging but engaging platforming puzzles, incorporating gameplay elements common in many platformers outside of LBP. The atmosphere of this level is the main thing I took away with me – the sense of hopelessness as you are defeated time and time again, but the strong sense of determination to see your sackthing brought back with a smile on his face – another fantastic offering from Comphermc.Comphermc moves in a new direction for him with this LIMBO inspired silhouette level. The twilight world of LIMBO is cleverly linked to LBP by the intro which explains that this is where sacks go when they die in an LBP level. The cheerful, brightly coloured Da Vinci style intro is in stark contrast to the muted, desolate world which follows. Moving from decaying forest to an eerie abandoned industrial complex the mood is sombre and the sound effects only add to the sense of bleakness. To escape from this place of purgatory your sack will need to solve a series of increasingly difficult puzzles. In a clever departure from LIMBO these will require not just mental agility to solve but platforming skill too. The puzzles play with gravity, magnetism and logic (both the mental and the LBP kind!). It’s a tribute to how utterly absorbing this level is that when my Sack finally emerged into the light I’d completely forgotten the LBP “frame” for the level. It had felt like a different game altogether. Just superb.

http://i8.lbp.me/img/bl/6e88762f0f5aee31bf6a089b3277fee5bc82452d.pngSTAR FIGHTERThe_PinkPantherA top down space shooter where you fight against the armies of Tiberah, fight your way through countless enemies who want nothing more then your demise. includes training and achievements to test even the best pilots. Please note missions are far more visually appealing then training, training is to teach you how to play only, Best played 1 player, 2 player compatible, supports additional.

The_PinkPanther has landed, with a shooter so refined it should be sitting in the corner drinking a nice cup of earl grey. We begin with a stylish menu screen, giving you the option of taking tutorial missions or heading right in to the shooting fun. When you do begin the game proper, you are faced with your first task, and the option of many different difficulty levels, giving this level oodles of replay value. The ship designs themselves struck me as my highlight - every ship is visually striking, and yet they all share a common theme - meaning they all actually look like they belong in the same fleet. This only adds to the immersiveness of this level - you're sure to lose yourself as you blast your way through the enemy ranks!I don't know why, but apparently some aliens or something have beef with you so it's time to kick their butts! Star Fighter is a vertical scrolling shooter set in space. You command a ship armed with guns and occasional rockets. That's all you've got, and your wit to survive hoards of enemies. These come in a range of sizes and with different attacks which can be difficult to avoid, so you have to be swift if you want to survive long enough to rack up a good score. On the visual front there's a nice menu with plenty of options to fiddle with to mix it up. The ships themselves are well designed and the scene realised nicely creating an immersive little game.

http://i1.lbp.me/img/bl/da1064c7d4ebd5562cb2ffcb2edbd5c100abb551.pngJourne y to the MoonBercilakAn interplanetary adventure for one player. After many years of preparation, you are finally ready to make your historic flight to the world in the Moon. What mysteries await?

It's time to hop on your beer tankard and take a trip to visit the man in the moon in Bercilak's stunningly original take on the ever popular space platformer. Everything here has the feel of craftworld all over it, from the cutout backgrounds to the beautifully realised spaceships and enemies imaginatively crafted from the most unlikely of decorations. Gameplay is fresh and unique, granting us the opportunity to both explore alien landscapes, and shoot the devil out of anything which dares to get in your way! There’s something unique about Bercilak’s art style. It has a curious, quirky charm that’s hard to put your finger on. Whatever it is, it’s utterly appealing - you’ll find yourself smiling again and again as you fly to the moon in your beer tankard rocket and crash into its surface causing the Man in the Moon to frown at your impertinence. It’s like being caught in the pages of a richly illustrated fairy story. Once on the moon, you’ll find yourself hopping from one crazy space ship to another or orbiting around a chunk of cheese, all set against a beautiful starry background. As in the best stories, though, all is not sweetness and light. Evil lurks in the form of lethal alien droids and an epic boss, all of which will require classic sharp shooting skills to defeat. So if you care at all for beauty, take arms, fling yourself wholeheartedly into this adventure and don’t look back!

http://i9.lbp.me/img/bl/5c9c7b5c50d3a4365cd94717f46ab427d9eb63b9.pngSteamB ot frexy18(1 Player only!!!) Control the Steambot in this Steam Punk themed platformer. [Level Icon Made by Cattastrofic (Check out his (or her, probably his) levels! ;D ]

There are times during my time at the Spotlight Crew where I feel immense joy in helping to bring more attention to a level which has sadly received nowhere near the attention it deserves. This is one such case – Frexy18 has taken a sackbot with steam-fuelled powers, plonked it into a level with satisfyingly beautiful visuals, and tied it all together with gameplay which will both lead you in, then challenge you to defeat it. Throughout this entire journey I was never left guessing as to the aim of a specific puzzle – the answer was there in front of me, it was just a case of succeeding at it. Please, take time to put this in your queue and take a look – I promise you won't be disappointed!Frexy18’s steambot really knows how to turn up the heat with his special steam and fire powers. Use these powers to solve a series of cleverly designed puzzles and progress through this beautiful steampunk themed level. The dusky night time setting makes for a great contrast with the glowing lamps and the splashes of colour from the yellow holo material and the steampunk setting is full of cool details. The puzzles are nicely varied, introducing new ways to use steambot’s special powers and testing your ability to think outside the box. I was almost stumped by the last puzzle until the answer finally came to me and I realised how simple the solution had been all along! This level is a genuine pleasure to play – both rewarding and fun at the same time.

http://ia.lbp.me/img/bl/b5aab97f5e5dd0517721ed0ee60e8e4430e321ca.pngFlower y Garden (1 Player ONLY)natuhitoExplore the old Flowery Garden. Platfnrmer level for 1player. I hope you enjoy!

In the garden of Eden, honey, Don't you know that I'm lovin this! Upon entering this beautifully serene setting, with leaves floating gently by in the breeze, you are greeted by your new companion. A flower, no less. One with super-intelligent powers of deduction and deception. By manipulating your flower's colour throughout the level, you will by extension manipulate the level itself, revealing hidden paths and influencing the movement of potentially handy objects. This often requires extreme skill and timing as the world isn't waiting for you! Mother nature can be a real pain like that sometimes... Natuhito's creation is a joy to behold, and I highly advise that you hop to it!Natuhito’s Flowery Garden is no ordinary garden – anyone expecting a gentle stroll through a rose-filled idyll is in for a surprise. Here the beauty is rich indeed but stylised and the garden is a place of wonderfully strange devices and contraptions through which you may pass only by manipulating a conveniently hovering flower from red to green and back again. Quick thinking and even quicker reflexes are essential and there are pitfalls aplenty for the unwary. Natuhito’s clever twist on the usual LBP platforming makes for some satisfying and fun gameplay. So give both your thumbs and your grey cells a work out and enjoy your journey through this most beautiful of gardens which manages paradoxically to be both relaxing and a challenge.

http://ib.lbp.me/img/bl/28b4187766f1dc3453f4ed2821fc96919e319566.png♡Perfe ct♡Day♡Just_Tom__Just a Perfect Day...

Dancing fireballs, giant thumping spike mounds, and all perfectly sequenced to boot. Yeah, sure, that sounds like a perfect day in the world of LBP to me! Just_Tom__ takes us into his pleasant world where the abundance of vines, roses and creeping flora are accompanied by the constant threat of an untimely death. What really struck me about this level was the movement of the obstacles – Achieving this sometimes naturalistic, sometimes threateningly sudden movement on this scope results in a really impressive vibe to the whole level. It's hard to explain, but it's like you can feel the ground shudder when a platform slams down next to you. Definitely worth your time!This level is just so beautifully choreographed. To play it is to take part in a graceful dance with danger where fireballs loop and whirl around you in flawless patterns and lethal spiked blocks stomp themselves down to a more forceful beat. To get past safely you’ll need a sense of rhythm of your own! And the setting for this dance has the same lovely counterpoint, with mellow golden rock as a perfect backdrop for dashes of vivid colour and trailing garlands. This is a level where harmony is key - it’s there in the gorgeous visuals and you’ll need to find it in the way you move in time to the beat of the level. A perfect level to play on any day!

http://i5.lbp.me/img/bl/9d5e47339b1944d7cc67127d829e5c72dfccaf18.pngAct 3-1: OtarAlley_Cat_8633Gunther asks Princess Sophia to stay behind to help repair his airship, the Swift. While you make your way across Otar, seeking help from King Arris. A platformer level. 1-2 players. Part 1 of Act 3. Special thanks to Comphermc, Festerd_Jester, Hammertoe_1, Jimmyj75, LFiers, Rikiriki-Ita, Special_D, Vectrant, and Xx_Mr_Orange_xX for their creative input. Custom music is "Cell" by Festerd_Jester.

Alley_Cat_8633's series continues in Act 3, as we travel through Otar, and some of the most dazzling, challenging and rewarding platforming I have come across in LBP2. The contrast here visually is between that of a mayan temple and a sci-fi sky city, complete with flashing holograms and modern, upbeat soundtrack. A huge amount of effort has been poured into the obstacles you find along your path here, which move in sequence to further up the ante. Perhaps the greatest part of this level for me? The sky. I know, it's kinda corny of me to say it, but I could have stared at that sky for hours. So beautiful, must emulate...The saga continues in Act 3-1 of Alley_Cat_8633's epic series. This time you'll be taking to the skies. Unfortunately the airship you were traveling on needs repairing so you have to head off to explore this floating deathtrap city. As we've come to expect, some adrenaline pumping action in the platforming department. And some very clever contraptions, often quite perilous. So you better be ready for a challenge! Visually another beauty with a theme unlike any of the levels so far in the series keeping it fresh. But enough of that, get on your PS3 and give this one a whirl already!

http://i0.lbp.me/img/bl/49076fa6b11c27f6136649300c53d6bfe44c8e5e.pngIN-SIDE-OUTShadowriverUBIN-SIDE-OUT is like Pong.... just in 3D! Contains 4 diffrent modes, can be played 1 player or 2 players (rest will spectate). Special thanks for people who help me, all of them been listed in credits. Enjoy! :)

For your one-stop addictive level, be it in single player or versus mode, go no further than this little gem which has, rumour has it, been in the pipeline for quite some time now. Shadowriver brings us PONG! In 3D! Or that's essentially the feel of IN-SIDE-OUT. Grab your holographic paddle and pat away at the ball as it moves around the screen, with flawless animation and realistic reactions to your hits. I particularly enjoyed the single player mode (don't I always...?) which left me aiming for score targets in the far distance, increasing in value (and difficulty) as the level progressed. It felt rather like the familiar 'Zen' mode we see in many arcade games lately. All round great (or should I say awesome?) fun!ShadowriverUB has delivered a well polished masterpiece with IN-SIDE-OUT, something that has been in the making for quite a while and it really shows. Flawless execution makes for a fun yet challenging experience if you want to be precise with your aiming. It boasts some solo game play for those inclined for high score challenges, but it also has a versus mode if you just want to battle it out with a friend which can be fairly intense. If that's not enough, the music is lovely and makes playing a pleasure. Coupled with the retro pong-esque visuals, I think this is pretty darn close to perfection.

http://i7.lbp.me/img/bl/05759cf58af17508cd9f666eb2c8f38c8716d2b4.pngRoyal Bluffs - Welcome HomeNilsder94High in the hills a grand lord resides in a splendid castle. He welcomes you in with open arms and a silver tongue.

This level by Nilsder94 put such a big smile on my face. It combines bang up to date gameplay elements from LBP2 with all that made LBP1 so wonderful: the handmade, cardboard, Craftworldiness (TM pending) of it all. The setting is a fabulous LBP1 castle complete with battlements, flags and lions rampant. The King invites you to take a tour but your progress around the castle depends on feeding a gawky and ceaselessly hungry youth with cake. In return doors open and ramps slide into place. This is not any ordinary tour, though. The King is a trickster and you are flung from place to place by invisible behind-the-scenes mechanics and turn up who knows where! Quirky, creative characters, original gameplay elements and above all a return to LBP’s roots make this a level not to be missed.Sit back and let Nilsder94 take you to a very special land, where cardboard and toilet roll tubes are the main source of building matter, and Cake is the chief form of sustenance. Navigate your way through this delightful, Craftworldy (TM Stolen!) level by feeding the greedy little boys sitting in your way, convincing them to open a path, whether it mean bouncing you around mercilessly or dropping secret floors to enable you to slide down. Blasting through this level gave me great joy, seeing how well everything fits in to a solid theme, and the consistent gameplay producing surprises at every corner. A fantastic level!

Backlog Spotlights

http://i4.lbp.me/img/bl/f342ad8e1cdd22ff5d38e2ef6d7555b90f31325f.pngACTION RPG - FURIOUS ! The Semi-Demon EzraelgebherEl(FINAL VERSION 1.10 - 1 PLAYER ONLY - P2 -P4 SPECTATE ) Embody Ezarel, the semi-demon, defend the village, defeat the enemies with the lethal combo to get to the source of EVIL and destroy it ! - ( " BRUTAL! Cronicles of Ezrael " NOW AVAILABLE !!! )

Play as the Semi-Demon Ezrael in this fast and furious RPG from gebherEl . Is there anything that can stand in your way as you pulverise your enemies with awesome combo attacks, demon arrows and lassoes of lethal light? Each attack is brilliantly animated – the special effects really are special – and the enemies are satisfyingly evil. The detailed map offers yet more scope for your destructive powers as you demolish chunks of it for points. The end result is both explosive and fun – a must play for anyone who enjoys wreaking havoc on a semi-demonic scale.The phrase 'Action RPG' means one simple thing - carnage. Simple, pure, unadulterated butchery in the name of fun. Who could I be to pass up such an opportunity? Furious! really delivers on its promise, throwing wave after wave of imaginatively designed enemies in your general direction. Armed with a host of special attacks and abilities, you will probably find yourself hacking and slashing your way through every area, stopping only occasionally to solve puzzles which will unlock your progress throughout. Grab your sword, grab your shield, and prepare for battle!

http://i6.lbp.me/img/bl/756b26d5b8f210027ff482cab9169ff6249a3a1f.pngHoney Factory Fiasco (Prologue)SX_Shookie99Begin your journey to the honey factory where drone bees are acting a bit hostile and might bee up to no good.

Absolutely everything in this stunning level is perfectly themed, from the goop-filled honeycombs scattered around the area to the point bubbles - yes, even then scores are hexagonal! Visuals aside, sx_shookie99's creation is a wonderfully bouncy, grabby, jumpy ride from beginning to end, with plenty of quirky little platforming elements to keep even the jaded among us entertained. I especially loved the imaginative use of the creatinator to make your own honeycombed path through a particular portion of this level!With this level SX_Shookie99 continues his popular Honey Hive theme from LBP1, giving it an all new LBP2 spin. The result is an immensely polished and fun platformer. You’ll feel positively sticky as you navigate your way through the hive, honey glistening and oozing from every crevice and goo splatting as you pass. The gameplay is varied, fun and smoothly paced with a particularly neat creatinator/grappling hook combo at the end. It’s just one of those levels where the visuals, theme and gameplay come together perfectly. Sweet in every sense of the word!

http://i7.lbp.me/img/bl/59712f6fddfeaf834a25535b95b690d35e575e33.png"STAR WARS" JEDI & SITH (Duel of the Fates) CENTURION24Travle to the sub levels of 'Cloud City' to battle your friends as Jedi or Sith. First jedi to achieve 6 kills wins and ends the game. Read the subtitles for help with the controls. Music recreated by the great RyanardoDaVinci. with Single Player AI & Local Players (players on the same PS3)

More superb lightsaber action on offer here in Centurion24’s Star Wars Jedi and Sith (Duel of the Fates). It’s the detail that really makes this level stand out. Each of the four playable characters, as well as actually looking like the original film character, has its own unique set of moves/attacks. This means that as Vader you can have endless fun sneaking up on your friends and using the choke force on them (hehe!) or is that just me? My other favourite has to be Yoda who uses his force to pull opponents inexorably in towards his poised lightsaber. Add a cool background, some fantastic custom Star Wars music and you have a level that both feels hugely authentic and is tremendous fun to play! Darth Maul enters, swings his dual lightsaber threateningly, and prepares himself for the challenge ahead. Mace Windu beckons to him - “Bring It!” Okay, maybe the movies didn't quite go this way, but what Star Wars fan doesn't imagine different combinations of characters facing off in a battle of epic proportions? There's so much about this level which brings it head and shoulders above the rest – My favourite point is the flexibility in play modes. Not only can you play online, but you can also play in local versus, and single player modes. The only difficulty is which character to choose... Vader... Maul... Vader... Hmm...

http://i7.lbp.me/img/bl/3d78328623cab626dc7a667dbf3e0450efbc3530.pngHelp! My monkey hid my homework!?MnniskaOH NO! All of your fancy homework is gone and TODAY IS THE DEADLINE! Traverse a land filled to the brim with sneaky bunnys, strange scenery and bombs to find your precious homework before the day is over! UPDATE. More help-signs, more arrows! Fixed the creatinator-removers.

Mnniska brings us yet another delightfully whimsical, diabolically thought provoking level, packed with gameplay ideas and sequences so slick you'd slide right off them if you didn't look where you were going. Find as much of your homework as you can on your way to school, which will affect your grade at the end. This sounds simple enough, until you're faced with scraps of paper so close you can almost taste them (if paper is your kind of midday snack...). Now if you could just figure out what to do with that bomb...Totally mad but brilliant – a level which will have you loving it and tearing out your hair at the same time. It has all of Mnniska’s usual wacky and imaginative style – both in the colourful visuals and in the crazily inventive gameplay. The challenges come thick and fast - platforming, puzzles and secret hunting of intense deviousness - you're kept on your toes for every second and all in the interests of promoting sound educational principles. Yep, go through hell and back to ensure your homework is handed in on time! So, yes, it's insane but in a quite glorious and intensely creative way. A must play. Oh, and peskiest bunnies ever!

http://i2.lbp.me/img/bl/9a24fbe19ea30dc4992c0b1b03639baeeb93349a.pngKing Of the Hill!DaSackBoy2+ Player Game. Beta remakes, for the win! Welcome back to 'King Of the Hill!' battle it out to see who's King on this Chinese/Kung Fu (Same thing right?) themed Level, er, GAME! A huge Awesome thanks to the Awesome Cat, ShadowriverUB who made the UI Logic (Menu, Clock etc.), go check out his Tetris game, and Logic tutorials on YouTube! LBPC.com

Ah, King of the Hill. Good times, my friends, good times. I remember when I was a young'un, playing this in the playground with my friends. And now you can bring those joyful (if sometimes rather painful - King of the Hill regularly turned into fisticuffs with us!) memories to Little Big Planet with DaSackBoy's stylish offering! This level is far from complex - and that is exactly the charm it needs. The game centres on a playfully designed arena, where the aim is to remain atop the hill for as long as you can. You and your lowly peasants) are armed with powerups to assist you in either climbing up, or throwing others off! Good, old fashioned fun!King Of the Hill may not be a new concept in LBP but I highly doubt you'll find one as polished and fun as this. From the slick menu to the just right arena, competition shall be fierce in the epic battle to rein supreme at the top of the hill. There is so many little touches like the custom count down timer that really make this shine. But let's get down to business.. you can grab and drag or grab and throw to dislodge anyone from the top of the hill. But you'll quickly find these actions leave sack people flying around the screen. A fun and hectic scramble for the throne awaits you, most definitely a fun one to play with a few friends.

http://i7.lbp.me/img/bl/97770533d0be67dcc947062e5d0656f410d2a53f.pngMaster of MomentumLuos_83So you think nobody is better than you with the grapplehook? Why dont you prove your skills and become the "Master of Momentum" in this epically challenging level!! - By Luos_83 & c_mckamey (Palatch won the 20,- voucher contest and can name himself Master of Momentum!! congrats!)

The Grappling Hook, ladies and gentlefolk. The bane of many a player's nightmares, causing a cold sweat to set on whenever they think about any sort of skilled level involving this sometimes highly unforgiving powerup. Wait, is it just me? Ah. Luos and Clay bring us a challenge of epic proportions, requiring oodles of patience and more than just a pinch of skill. Grappling hook in hand, you are propelled to your first task, where you must chain up a perfect sequence of high-momentum grabs whilst avoiding death at all costs. Handy 'pro-tips' taunt you at each turn, bringing a smile to my face even in the depths of my despair at my own shortcomings. Test your own talents (It won't take much to beat me!) today!OK, this is going to be an in-depth review of the first 10 seconds of gameplay... a slight exaggeration perhaps but not much. A lamb to the slaughter, I was. Oh, Lass, just go and play this level for the Spotlight and review it, will you? Haha, good joke guys! Sooo, yes, well, from this nonsense you will have gathered, if you didn’t already know, that this is not a level for the faint-hearted. It will test your grappling hook skills to the limit, no learning curve, no margins of error, no mercy. It’s brilliantly done and I can see that anyone with greater talent than I possess would quickly be sucked into a battle to prove themselves against the level, a love/hate relationship only fuelled by the “helpful” pro-tips, as in “Pro-tip: avoid the spikes!”. I died laughing...literally. Not so much Master of Momentum as Master of Dangling Limply above Spikes! Yet again, Luos and Clay demonstrate there are no limits to their versatility. A challenge on a heroic scale – are you up for it?

Played everything in the Spotlight and still looking for more?
These levels stand out from the crowd for a variety of reasons, so be sure to check them out!

[LBP2] Embark on a mission for the good of humanity, as soon as you complete a rigorous regime of training of course, in Elysium Saga (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=920285) by smokeygsi.
[LBP2] Attempt to unmask the plans of a secret society known as The Dark Tri United whilst you revisit The Mysterious Mines of Misfortune 2 (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=921758) by shookie99 and the_hog_flu.
[LBP2] The Testing Facility Part 3 - Caved in (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=921801) by xQziCyFlaMeZxQz continues on from previous levels with more fun platforming and good use of the creatinator powerup.
[LBP2] Challenging swinging action abounds as you try to navigate through the stylistic The Old Red Industry Canyon (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=921947) by Z1091990 .
[LBP2] A platformer with beautiful lighting, audio and intriguing gameplay ideas awaits you in the form of Sunset Caverns (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=921962) by JohnnysToyRobot.
[LBP2] Grab your box, rush around and collect the falling eggs before they splat to the ground in v0rtex's addictive and highly entertaining Chicken Chuckin' (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=922065).
[LBP2] Combining a fun visual style with nifty invisible platforms and hazards, csga14's Invisible Platformer (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=923039) is great fun!
[LBP2] xDante95x gives us a seriously cool taster of the potential RPG delights in store for us with the Move pack in The Sword & The Controller (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=924185).
[LBP2] It’s an emergency, can you shut down the central computer in time, especially when the computer fights back? Slick space-themed visuals and equally nifty platforming await you in Omega Protocol (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=924563) by Elessar_Telemnar.
[LBP2]Enter JplusK's quirky world where sackthing is tasked with saving the day in vibrant Happy Town in It Rains When it Rains (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=925298)
[LBP2]Test out your reflexes and you dodge through obstacles in an attempt to reach that ever-sought-for highscore in Money1000125's Craftdesk Speedway (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=925577)
[LBP2]Some very striking pixel-themed visuals and excellent grappling hook gameplay really made Land of Corrupt Bits - Through The Mess & Chaos (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=926264) by ChrisCoConuts stand out from the crowd.
[LBP2]Have you ever just sat back and wondered "Where do all those score bubbles come from anyway?" Then be sure to check out c_mckamey's level LittleBig Bubble Quarry (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=926338), which will do better than just answer you, it'll put you to work!
[LBP2]Grab your handy dandy Move controller (or, if you're more inclined, your trusty sixaxis) and indulge in a little block-swapping challenge in comphermc's Shape Shift (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=927866).
[LBP2]We loved the combination of platforming and puzzles in this level. Bags of inventive gameplay, great use of all 3 layers and some very stylish visuals mean you’ll not be sorry you ventured into the Ficility Unknown (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=927900) by bikerider12.

And last but not least, levels of note from our ever-shrinking Backlog!

[LBP2] You're just sitting there, minding your own business, when suddenly you find yourself abducted! You'll have to work hard to escape the alien threat in Abducted! Part One: Alien Spaceship (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=800599) by gdn001.
[LBP2] Take your rubber hammer of justice and rid the world of evil excavators in the colourful remake of the arcade classic, Whack-a-Mole! (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=801686) by xTrophx.
[LBP2] Join the fight against darkness and discover your destiny in the highly detailed and well directed introduction to a series: Incubus Sector (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?52573) by Siljin
[LBP2] If sixaxis controlled mazes are your groove, be sure to check out Labyrinth: Sixaxis Table (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=803010) by Greenith, for some imaginative obstacles and smooth gameplay design.
[LBP2] For a beautiful take on a temple-themed platformer with tight spatial gameplay, hop on over to ATMLVE's moon and check out Solstice (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?52708)
[LBP2] Acid Rooms (LBP2 Version) (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=804264) by CRASHER360 will test your platforming skills before facing you off against the evil Boss Dr. Acid. Can you take the heat?
[LBP2] In a world where sackbots have been pushed around for longer than they can stand, the rebellion begins in Our Great Nation: Prologue (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=804299) by ConsoleKiller100.
[LBP2] Enjoy more Star Wars Versus fun as you pit Jedi vs Sith, with lots of character options available in Way of the Force (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=804312) by chadythebaddy.
[LBP2]Can you escape from the prison ship before it’s too late? Solve some cool creatinator-based puzzles and fight off your pursuers in Perspicuum Prologue (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?52803-Perspicuum-Prologue&highlight=perspicuum) by patrickbenjy.

PSP Spotlight

Cave Towndoggy97/doggy97http://i55.tinypic.com/2egcytx.jpgYou are environmental scientist who has a job to check out is the serwer damaging the environment.
Bubbly and difficult adventure is ahead!

doggy97 takes us to a well environment that convincingly blurs between cave and town. If you're in the mood for engaging platforming or seeking out hidden bubble emitters, Cave Town is a level for you!
Part town, part cave, but a whole lot of fun! Get ready for some excellent gameplay and well designed backdrops. Hidden secrets will bring you back time and time again to this level.

Also from the Showcase...
Played everything in the PSP Spotlight and still looking for more?
This level stands out from the crowd for a variety of reasons, so be sure to check it out!

For a colourful platformer, try Yellow & Green. (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?63001-Yellow-amp-Green.)

Coxy224
09-18-2011, 09:26 AM
If you're ever at a lack of quality levels to play, then shame on you because this list seems endless! Huge spotlight, well done you little workoholics on the spotlight team ;)

OmegaSlayer
09-18-2011, 09:52 AM
First of all, thanks to everyone in the Crew.
And thanks to tan!
The work of the spotlighters is hard, time consuming, and a bit unrewarding...you should be recognized a bit more peeps :)
So, thanks a lot to you all.

Then congrats to the creators, I played some of that stuff and had a blast.
Until people will come out with so much great stuff, this game will always shine.

DaSpoony
09-18-2011, 10:17 AM
It's always great to have another spotlight.

The ones from the list that I've played I can personally say are awesome,
and all the one's I've yet to play I'm queuing ASAP :D

Congrats to everyone featured and to the hard-working Spotlight staff.

rialrees
09-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Whoot it's that time again!

I just want to say a special thanks to the guys who worked so hard this week, L1GhTmArE, OneEyedBanshee, and Shropshirelass, you guys are a hoot to play and write with, thanks so much for working so hard and keeping this up! And thanks also to the PSP Spotlighters, Coxy, Val and Ricky - you guys show such admirable dedication to keeping the PSP side alive!

As always, huge congratulations to everyone featured this week - the levels we play for the spotlight seem to just keep getting better and better each week!

And I forgot to mention something - we have officially finished the Backlog! EVERY SINGLE LEVEL of the 1400+ in that loong list has now beenplayed - and they'll continue to be included in the spotlight for the next few months. Lots of picks to include!

JonnysToyRobot
09-18-2011, 11:28 AM
Woot, I'm on there (albeit quite far down). Maybe for my next level I'll try and make it possible for most people to complete it and see if that works... ;)

Well done on getting through the backlog by the way, how many levels would you say you have each played individually?

Oh, you spelled my name wrong again ):

rialrees
09-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Oh bugger! lol sorry Jonny! blame me for that one - keep doing it even though you've told us once lol! I shall embed your name in my head now...

jonny... jonny.... jonny... jonny.......

JonnysToyRobot
09-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Oh bugger! lol sorry Jonny! blame me for that one - keep doing it even though you've told us once lol! I shall embed your name in my head now...

jonny... jonny.... jonny... jonny.......

Haha don't worry, it happens a lot.

At least it's better than the people who spell it jhonny, because that doesn't make sense whichever way you look at it. xD

Mnniska
09-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Cool spotlight, now I've got a whole bunch of levels to play this afternoon if I'm feeling like procrastinating my stuff a bit more :3
Also, thanks for my backlog spotlight, derp!

SnipySev
09-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Come to me, little levels... Little fresh and original levels, daddy's here to play the hell out of you :p
Hm... don't say that out loud in public, people start staring uncomfortably at you :frightened:

Shadowriver
09-18-2011, 02:01 PM
My first spotlighted level yey ^^ gz to everybody else

anoken
09-18-2011, 02:21 PM
I've actually played every level on the PS3 spotlight this time! They're all quite amazing, so if any of you need quality levels to play, be sure to play what the spotlight team has found!

biorogue
09-18-2011, 02:48 PM
great work as usual guys. there were a few in this episode that I have yet to play and a few that I had forgotten about, but wish to revisit. Looks like my queue shall expand some more. I really should put it on a diet.

LFiers
09-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Great job on yet another fantastic episode crew! Your consistent hard work never ceases to amaze me. I really enjoy your writing too. A blended concoction of fun & informative. Also congratulations to everyone spotlighted, especially my friend "Natuhito" with Flower Garden. That guy is a genius. :)

Alley_Cat_8633
09-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Amazing Spotlight. Thanks Spotlight crew for bringing us these awesome list of levels to play. Anyone who thinks LBP is going down the tubes should direct their attention to this website and see that creativity and quality is still very much alive. Just a thought, but wouldn't it be great if this list was posted in-game right along side the cool pages and MM picks. It seems to me that not enough of the people who play LBP know about this website and the Spotlight list. Spread the word everyone, lets show our support for this website and the Spotlight crew. Oh, and thanks for including my level in this episode. Once again, I'm truly honored to be featured amongst all these other great creations.

LFiers
09-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Amazing Spotlight. Thanks Spotlight crew for bringing us these awesome list of levels to play. Anyone who thinks LBP is going down the tubes should direct their attention to this website and see that creativity and quality is still very much alive. Just a thought, but wouldn't it be great if this list was posted in-game right along side the cool pages and MM picks. It seems to me that not enough of the people who play LBP know about this website and the Spotlight list. Spread the word everyone, lets show our support for this website and the Spotlight crew. Oh, and thanks for including my level in this episode. Once again, I'm truly honored to be featured amongst all these other great creations.

Hey dude, yeah this is a great idea. I brought up this idea in episode 67 and totally think it would be great as I always have... but you should read my post and replies and whatch the idea unfortunately get shut down as fast as you thought of it which was my experience. Overall; it ain't happening... ever. :) P.S I still hope it can happen but the overall logistics dictate otherwise. Read my post and you'll see what I mean. :)

bikerider12
09-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Thank you so much for putting in my level, just being in the first post is awsome!

nysudyrgh
09-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Only one PSP spotlight?
*Gets PSP*

49er Nation
09-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Hooray for Sunset Caverns!

I don't mean to sound naggy, but what happened to the Creator Spotlight? Has that been discontinued, or is it just at long intervals?

rialrees
09-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Not really our domain tbh Aaron. Jwwphotos is leading the creatpr spotlights. I believe there is activity in the background, but as for release dates... we're just as in the dark as everyone else :)

jwwphotos
09-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Yeah.. sorry about the missing Creator Spotlights. I feel terrible about not keeping them going, but it just takes more time than anyone realizes to do the interview and even more towards the video. Plus I am horribly picky at what we do. lol Some never realize that something that takes 15 minutes to watch might have taken over two months of set creation, special effects creation, writing, acting, editing, sound production and music selection. On the creator videos alone, sometimes we end up with 3 hours of recording to somehow have to boil it down to 10 minutes or so.. just a painful experience as you want to keep it all, but it is simply an editing nightmare.

Meanwhile, my team has dwindled down to almost nothing, the ones that remain are really busy with their own lives and I have been horribly busy as well and recently sick the past month or so with hay fever. Summer is always my busy time of year due to all the events I go out of town to photograph... and I also moved to a new house this year. Just a bad bad year for any free time. What little I have is just posting on this site from time to time.

The good news is we do have a few in the planning and creation stage. Once I get past my last race photo gig of the season next week and done with all the pics to my magazines and website, I "should" actually have some time to start on some PS3 fun for all of you. :) ..and maybe even a work on new level that might make you all smile.

However.. not to take over the spotlight thread.. I will go back on topic. (did I hear an 'about dang time j dubs!' ?)

Congrats to all the amazing creators that have churned out these recent gems as well as the ones from the backlog. (looks like we are into March now! yay!) Constantly impressing us with all these levels is sure inspiring and appreciate your work on them. Hope you treasure your spotlights as much as I have mine in the past.

To the Spotlight team.. I feel so lame in your presence! So many of you playing all these levels while I never even fire up my PS3. A bit of embarrassment here, but thanks so much for all your time and effort. It really is a wonderful service you provide for this site in keeping the Community Spotlight thriving. ..even when the other spotlight team (namely me) sorta fell into a huge ditch. lol

Thanks again and congrats!

doggy97
09-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Only I have spotlighted on PSP side :P ' \o/

tom230889
09-18-2011, 08:55 PM
yay a spotlight :D! Thank you all spotlight crew. Glad you enjoyed my level.

Have to say every level on this spotlight is fantastic! I've played most of them and i'll be sure to play the rest soon :).

Thanks again.

coyote_blue
09-19-2011, 04:38 AM
Grats to everyone on these spotlights. As always, there's a handful of gems I haven't seen yet, thus proving once again the value of the efforts of you few, you tired few, on the spotlight team.

psyntens
09-19-2011, 04:57 AM
ADDING LVLS IN MY QUEUE.
Good work and nice lvls the ones i was play.
CONGRATULATIONS :DDDD

Coconuts
09-19-2011, 06:02 AM
Hurrah, thanks for the honorable mention in spotlight, crew!
I forgot to be mentioned that Land of Corrupt Bits - Prologue got spotlighted many episodes ago, so I was little late to found out.
*slowpoke*
I'll be playing these levels any time soon. :)

Morgana25
09-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Congratulations Creators!

I'm especially grateful to the spotlight crew these days now that I've been so busy with real life stuff I've been neglecting playing levels. Thanks for the time and dedication guys & gals!

Thanks too to Tan for all the hard work you've done. Sorry to see ya go.

JonnysToyRobot
09-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Hooray for Sunset Caverns!

Indeed. (:

frexy18
09-19-2011, 04:11 PM
It's amazing to see my work in a row with those awesome levels...
Thanks to all members of the spotlight crew!

JustinArt
09-19-2011, 05:36 PM
Congrats to all the spotlighted levels. Great to see some great levels making a spotlight debut, and some of them are worth queuing and playing. Another job well done, spotlight crew.

Sport_dude
09-19-2011, 07:24 PM
Haven't played lbp for a while, i have a huge list of levels to play w00t!

Ali_Star
09-19-2011, 08:14 PM
That comphermc level is immense. Captures the essence of Limbo perfectly, whilst adding a few unique twists. A well deserved spotlight. The Paper Boy one is pretty good too. Think he should have put a bit more effort into his level description though.

Slurm
09-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Congrats to all spotlighted creators, really great levels here. I've played all of them and had a blast! Also, thanks a lot to the spolight crew for playing and picking these great levels every two weeks.

Also, i'm glad that you liked Sackmagnet, thanks for the spolight :p.

Bovrillor
09-19-2011, 10:05 PM
Great spotlight as always - one suggestion though, would it be possible to include level links for the 'worth a mention' levels in future? Would save some serious time for those of us with slow connections :)

Sackgirlsrule
09-19-2011, 10:47 PM
Whoa, lots of levels in the spotlight!
I'm excited to check out some of the Platformers. :p
Nice job Crew! Keep up the good work! :)

rialrees
09-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Great spotlight as always - one suggestion though, would it be possible to include level links for the 'worth a mention' levels in future? Would save some serious time for those of us with slow connections :)

I've brought up your suggestion with the other crew members so we can chat about it.

Roneranger
09-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Looks long and very strange topic system. Same as always then :devious:

Liking the levels here, amazingly great in diversity, and I also saw the Paper Boy World the day it came out. If there was a comp about the best spolighted level, that will get my vote.

shookie99
09-24-2011, 02:37 AM
Wow! Thanks for the spotlight and honorable mention too! Congrats to everyone else as it is well deserved. And again to the spotlight crew for their dedication and hard work for making this possible every two weeks!

Bercilak
09-24-2011, 04:08 AM
Me, Spotlighted? Unpossible! (Especially considering all the complaints I'm getting about level-breaking problems...)

Thanks to the Crew, and hearty congrats to everyone else on the list.

DaSackBoy
09-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Whooa, I never checked this out to find that my level got spotlighted. :D

Thanks for picking my level gents!

LBPlover13
09-28-2011, 10:00 PM
I want my level "An electrifying platformer" or "Zombie mall invasion" to be heard!:(

jwwphotos
09-28-2011, 11:45 PM
I want my level "An electrifying platformer" or "Zombie mall invasion" to be heard!:(

Well... first off to even be considered for a spotlight, you must first post your levels in the Level Showcase which you have not even done. However, I suggest you queue up a few of these gems and see the quality that it takes to land a spotlight.

This thread is to celebrate those that did get a spotlight, not to advertise your levels. ;) Doing so is frowned upon and considered a bit lame, sorry to say.

CRASHER360
09-29-2011, 06:46 PM
(Glaring eyes) OMG! My Acid Rooms up there =O . Thanks guys! But stay tuned for more corrosive (and green as usual) levels... I am planing to make a great level with great details ( I learned a lot after building my newbie styled levels, so I am going to remaster the Acid series), but it will take a while. I agree with Aley Cat !

Roneranger
09-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Well... first off to even be considered for a spotlight, you must first post your levels in the Level Showcase which you have not even done. However, I suggest you queue up a few of these gems and see the quality that it takes to land a spotlight...

I'm sorry but it's really easy for you to say. How many times have you got a level in the showcase? Also your a mod on the site, so (and I'm not trying to be rude) but you can become a little bit biased to your equal. And also not everyone can get into the showcase, even if the level is good, which is a shame. :(

BTW this isn't hate I actually like your levels, so I can't be one to judge. It'll probably be on here still if I was on the team. ;)

jwwphotos
09-29-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm sorry but it's really easy for you to say. How many times have you got a level in the showcase? Also your a mod on the site, so (and I'm not trying to be rude) but you can become a little bit biased to your equal. And also not everyone can get into the showcase, even if the level is good, which is a shame. :(

BTW this isn't hate I actually like your levels, so I can't be one to judge. It'll probably be on here still if I was on the team. ;)

First off, I am not a mod, never have been a mod, nor wish to be a mod. I have just been here quite a long time.

Second.. I am only citing the truth... the poster has not posted his levels in the Level Showcase. The Spotlight team only has that as a resource to make their determination for who is included in the spotlight. I was also offering a suggestion to look at a few to see what kind of quality it takes to make it into a spotlight by playing a few listed. ...otherwise, to me he is just another saying PLAY MAH LVLS!

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was trying to help him out, but maybe you took offense in my words for some reason.

schm0
09-29-2011, 10:18 PM

Also, speaking on behalf of an actual mod, not all of us are amazing creators with a million plays and MM spotlights and a crown. Just thought I'd point that out. ;)

The Spotlight is designed to showcase the best that this community has to offer, plain and simple. My one and only actual level made it as an honorable mention some time back, and it's not even that great of a level compared to some of the amazing creators that hang out here. Just keep your chin up and keep creating, and eventually it'll click. See also: this (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?56917-Nobody-Tells-This-to-Beginners).

Aya042
10-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Locked and archived. :)