PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal Spirits Crown contest

OmegaSlayer
11-01-2012, 07:51 PM
As the rustling leaves and spooky spectacle of Halloween fades in the lengthening winter nights...
Cold winds and snowflakes herald the approach of Christmas festivities ahead!

But something else is emerging from the shadows!
A brand spanking new, sparkling, seasonal Crown contest for everyone to enjoy some CREATE-SHARE-PLAY fun!

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo195/liampatrickberry/ss1-1.jpg

we're extremely pleased to deliver the first major Crown Contest to be co-hosted by two fun filled fan sites!
The winner will receive a shiny LBP crown to add to their Christmas decorations and two...yes TWO!! Exclusive in game winners pins!

- Creators are required to create an original previously unpublished level of any genre combining all the best elements of the two seasonal celebrations. Halloween hobgoblins and happy elves, platforming pumpkins and partying penguins all come together to share the fun!

-The level must have gameplay/scoring elements.

-one level slot/thermo per entry. No level-linking of any kind.

- Originality is the name of the game. That means Nightmare Before Christmas or generic zombie survival levels will be sternly frowned upon!

-Register your participation here or on LittleBigNetwork and publish your level between friday 14th- mon 17th December including the prefix SSCC at the start of your level title.

-runner up prizes for players and some other surprises in store too!

Have fun and feel free to post any questions in this thread.

FAQs

If I build a level with a friend, does my friend get a crown too?
The account on which the winning level is published gets the crown, but the two exclusive pins can be arranged for both you and your friends.

Is this contest for LBP Vita?
It's just for LBP2 (or LBP1) on the PS3. There will be some contests for Vita in the new year.

Are participants required to sign up on both sites?
No. You can register your participation in the contest here on LBN, or on LBPC, or on both sites if you feel like it.

Are short cutscene intros alright as long as they're not split through level links?
Yes, that would be fine.

How much scary can I be?
Remember the game's rating.

EnochRoot
11-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Going to be fun for all the family! A great way to spread the create-play-SHARE spirit on LBP over Christmas.

Pyrotrooper91
11-01-2012, 08:16 PM
That's a great contest :) Might give it a go!

EnochRoot
11-01-2012, 08:26 PM
As originality will be one of the judging criteria try and avoid any ' Nightmare before Christmas' tributes as it could infringe copyright and ruin any chance of a MM pick as well.

Jedi_1993
11-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Great idea for a contest! Am I to assume it is LBP2 only? You haven't mentioned Vita.
Not sure if I'll have time to enter sadly. :(

KrokZombie
11-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Might enter this one ! :)

But I have a question, if I make the level with a friend, is he going to get a crown too if I win ?

yugnar
11-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Excellent idea guys! I just CAN'T imagine the huge number of entries this will have as fans from the Network will participate as well as the ones from LBPC. May give it a try! :p

RenoTonakai
11-01-2012, 10:50 PM
I would love to take part, count me in! :)

Valeview
11-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Do we have to register now, or does it have to be before dec. 14th or something?
I'm not too sure about entering, so I'd just like to know :p

EnochRoot
11-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Might enter this one ! :)

But I have a question, if I make the level with a friend, is he going to get a crown too if I win ?

The account on which the winning level is published gets the crown but the two exclusive pins can be arranged for both you and your friend.

biorogue
11-02-2012, 12:10 AM
This is going to be an awesome contest and I can't wait to see what the community has in store for us. I'm so elated to see LBPC and LBN working together on this, what a great collaboration! Good luck to all who enters.

Kand2ts
11-02-2012, 12:39 AM
This is great, I will definitely be watching this contest. Best of luck guys ;)

Patofan
11-02-2012, 09:55 AM
I'll probably give this a try. We can't publish the level before that date, right?

OmegaSlayer
11-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Right, no publishing before the window we sadistically and for no reason choose :p

Night Angel
11-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Maybe I'll actually commit to this contest, considering I've been fiddling with a Christmas level for a while :p

Nice to see these two sites co-hosting this contest. Definitely a wonderful collaboration for the community!

Sackie
11-02-2012, 02:56 PM
I really can't wait for this but i won't win so i never enter lol

OmegaSlayer
11-02-2012, 03:28 PM
I really can't wait for this but i won't win so i never enter lol

It's wrong to enter contests with the only purpose of winning them.
Enter to prove yourself, to compete with your own skills :)

Also...the Network creators seem to be more excited about the Contest...
Are Central creators full and satisfied or are you still hungry for glory?

DeKa1357
11-02-2012, 08:07 PM
A contest for me! YAY! I'll enter! Who will help? ;)

Pookachoo
11-03-2012, 06:17 PM

Enter because it's fun to challenge yourself, working under pressure of a deadline could bring out your best :)

And for anyone who felt discouraged by the technical requirements of LBPC9, but still itching to create, should consider this contest. I'm excited about this!

D-E-S_87
11-03-2012, 07:54 PM

My first time uploading an image using the Vita browser. Have a look :)

one-mad-bunny
11-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Enter to prove yourself, to compete with your own skills

I am so hungry! The more I get the more I want! I love these contests. I obsess about them and usually the night before the deadline I don't get any sleep because I'm up all night tweaking my level and banging my head against the wall. I am definitely entering.

Schark94
11-03-2012, 10:20 PM
This will be soo awesome! There are so much talented creators out there, choosing the winner will be a real challenge for the judges this time. Can't wait to see all these new, amazing levels. Good luck everyone! :)

nysudyrgh
11-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Well, why not, I'll enter too. (And fail to make something in time like the last time I entered a contest. :3)

shropshirelass
11-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Great idea for a contest! Am I to assume it is LBP2 only? You haven't mentioned Vita.
Not sure if I'll have time to enter sadly. :(

Apologies if I missed it but I don't think this question has been answered yet. Anyway, you're right, it's PS3 levels only (LBP2 or LBP1). :)

Rogar
11-04-2012, 04:03 PM
PS3 levels? Does that include... LBP Karting? :p

shropshirelass
11-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Hah! As I was writing that post I just knew someone would ask about Karting and I knew I didn't have the answer! I suspect not but I'll check with LBN and the rest of the Crew here. :)

biorogue
11-04-2012, 07:31 PM
PS3 levels? Does that include... LBP Karting? :p

The rules for the contest are:
FAQs

If I build a level with a friend, does my friend get a crown too?
The account on which the winning level is published gets the crown, but the two exclusive pins can be arranged for both you and your friends.

Is this contest for LBP Vita?
It's just for LBP2 (or LBP1) on the PS3. There will be some contests for Vita in the new year.

Are participants required to sign up on both sites?
No. You can register your participation in the contest here on LBN, or on LBPC, or on both sites if you feel like it.

Are short cutscene intros alright as long as they're not split through level links?
Yes, that would be fine.

EnochRoot
11-04-2012, 08:50 PM
There will be some great contests coming next year for LBP Karting and LBP vita too.

Sackpapoi
11-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Tis the season in-freaking-deed to be jojlly. Frak. *jolly
Something tells me we're going to be seeing a lot of "Nightmare Before Christmas" levels.

fireblitz95
11-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Yeah I may give this a try. :D

koltonaugust
11-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Not going to enter this one since I suck at creating Christmas themes. Cool to see two sites working together on a contest though. Good luck to everyone participating!

xero
11-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Great idea for a contest--it reminds me of The Nightmare Before Christmas!

Pookachoo
11-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Tis the season in-freaking-deed to be jojlly. Frak. *jolly
Something tells me we're going to be seeing a lot of "Nightmare Before Christmas" levels.

Great idea for a contest--it reminds me of The Nightmare Before Christmas!

Nightmare Before Christmas is a good example of the two holiday themes combined, but this contest is for an original creation - so the winning level cannot be too heavily based on a film (or tv show, book, etc).
Also keep in mind that if you'd like to be eligible for an MM pick, there can be no risk of copyright violation ;)

PGdafrog
11-04-2012, 11:40 PM
I have a Christmas level that I was working on and never got round to finishing, this is awesome. Also it's great to see a cross-site comp! Do we reckon that this will stir up some rivalry? :p

kuni
11-05-2012, 02:40 AM
yeah,very good timing! I'm going to enter this contest for recreation. all rihgt? ;p

grayspence
11-05-2012, 03:09 AM
Hmm? The requirements in the main thread confused me a little, are we supposed to create a Halloween + Christmas fusion level? Are we supposed to include Christmas Hobgoblins? I assume not, but it doesn't hurt to be sure. :)

Confusion aside, this contest sounds like it would be right up my alley. Spooky, yet cheery themes are perfect for the way I make my visuals. :D

moonwire
11-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Sigh. I want to participate, but with school... Still, better to try and fail than never trying at all :p

Fenderjt
11-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Id love to enter but i dont want the crown as i have one id like the pins tho! lol :gopher:

OmegaSlayer
11-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Id love to enter but i dont want the crown as i have one id like the pins tho! lol :gopher:

Hey! ^____^
Usually if the winner is a Crowned VIP, the Crown goes to the runner up, but the winner gets the pins :)

FreddyFerrari
11-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Question: Its a christmas level: Last year everyone of the top 3 of lbpc6 recieved the central pin, will the top 3 recieve the pins this time, too?

OmegaSlayer
11-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Question: Its a christmas level: Last year everyone of the top 3 of lbpc6 got recieved the central pin, will the top 3 recieve the pins this time, too?

3 teams got the pins because of the sheer size of what we asked, basically 4 people had to realize 4 levels in 2 months.
We made LBPC6 during the X-Mas period to be able to be that generous.
We have already 2 pins, one Crown...

papanurgle123
11-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Definately going to give this a go.

OmegaSlayer
11-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Obviously, there's a limit to horror, so no gore, not too many freightening things, so please keep it in the LBP spirit...remember the marriage setting in LBP1.
Scary but goofy and fun ;)

Nick930930
11-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Looks great but alas, I'm on campus and have no time for Sackboy gadding and mindlessly creating. I'll play some LBP Vita and Karting and might occassionally play some MmPicks in LBP2 but that's it.

Hedgeycommish
11-06-2012, 12:57 AM
To all the people who say that they won't win, at least try!

I'm gonna definitely try this one. :)

bonner123
11-06-2012, 01:51 AM
Santa Midas, and hurry down my chimney tonight...

A Santa themed Midas level may or may not be released and it may or may not be serious. It depends how much free time I have as I'm already working on a LBP2 level and a Vita level and I have exams on top of that around the time of the deadline. I dunno, seems fun though.

P-I-M-P-I
11-06-2012, 03:05 PM
So let me see if I understood, I have to create a level with a christmas and a halloween theme mixed, right?

OmegaSlayer
11-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Yes sir, that's what we're requesting.
And please try to be original :p

nyanchuoya
11-06-2012, 07:00 PM
this is good theme! nice work LBPC & LBN!XD
btw, I have a question.
Is there any rule about BGM? for example,"music of other game is prohibition. "

OmegaSlayer
11-06-2012, 10:24 PM
It's not prohibited, though the use of copyrighted material will prevent you from getting an MMpick

L1N3R1D3R
11-06-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm probably going to pass, considering I can only get on my PS3 on the weekends.

nyanchuoya
11-07-2012, 08:09 AM
It's not prohibited, though the use of copyrighted material will prevent you from getting an MMpick

OK, thx Omega.:)
good luck for SSCC.XD

OmegaSlayer
11-07-2012, 09:03 AM
My pleasure and my honour *bows* www

nysudyrgh
11-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Aaand count me out again ... Sorry but this LBPK has got me hooked. @_@

dermZ96
11-08-2012, 09:01 PM
I think i'm going to enter this too.
I've never entered a contest before :S But this one i'm definitely give a try. It's all in good fun. I'd like to see what creators are going to present!
Good luck everybody :)

Jonarrthan
11-08-2012, 11:56 PM
If I upload the level onto alternative account on but on the same system as my main account, could I make arrangement if I were to win so my main got the crown not the alt (I usually put seasonal level on a separate planet)?

EDIT:

Also count me in, why not it is Christmas after all

shropshirelass
11-09-2012, 12:05 AM
If I upload the level onto alternative account on but on the same system as my main account, could I make arrangement if I were to win so my main got the crown not the alt (I usually put seasonal level on a separate planet)?

If you were to win you would be sent a code for the Crown to redeem in the PS Store. it would be up to you which account you used to do that. :)

Jonarrthan
11-09-2012, 07:56 PM
If you were to win you would be sent a code for the Crown to redeem in the PS Store. it would be up to you which account you used to do that. :)

does it work like most dlc do where every user on my ps3, has it once it is downloaded??

SuperROBO1
11-13-2012, 02:09 AM
If I win, which I highly doubt, I have a problem. When I created my account, I used the account to check out Japanese games. So the store is in Japanese. AND, My brother, who's 24 now, had started that account with an email that he doesn't even remember. If I win, which I highly doubt, could I give you MY email so you can send it to that? I could still find my way to the search bar and look for the English numbers

xero
11-13-2012, 02:40 AM
I really wish I had time to make something for this.

shropshirelass
11-13-2012, 06:43 AM
does it work like most dlc do where every user on my ps3, has it once it is downloaded??

I'm pretty sure that other people with accounts on your PS3 also get the Crown. They wouldn't have the pin though, so it would clear that they hadn't been awarded the Crown themselves. That might affect your arrangement with the alt account publishing too.

If I win, which I highly doubt, I have a problem. When I created my account, I used the account to check out Japanese games. So the store is in Japanese. AND, My brother, who's 24 now, had started that account with an email that he doesn't even remember. If I win, which I highly doubt, could I give you MY email so you can send it to that? I could still find my way to the search bar and look for the English numbers

In the past we have been able to send people crown codes via PM on this site. I expect something similar could be arranged if you win. However, isn't DLC region locked? Would you need a Japanese Crown code too? That might be possible to fix too but let's cross that bridge when we get there. :) Good luck in the contest anyway!

bonner123
11-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Okay, I think I'm going to participate, BUT I can't start working on it until December 4th. It's on. Also, expect a pretty level relatively soon.

flyinhawaiian
11-13-2012, 07:03 PM
This is the perfect thing for me to get back in the creating mood, and a simply cool idea for a contest! I had an idea pop to mind instantly, and I *hope* I have a chance at this one! :D

Cheers, flyinhawaiian :p :)

nthnsn917
11-14-2012, 01:39 AM
How do you enter the competition? Do you just publish the level or do you have to Sign up somewhere?

------------------------------

Answer:

-Register your participation here or on LittleBigNetwork and publish your level between friday 14th- mon 17th December including the prefix SSCC at the start of your level title.

As long as you include "(SSCC)" in your level's title and post a lbp.me link on one of the sites mentioned you'll be fine as we can find it.

I also see your new and this is your first post,

so on behalf of the contest crew, welcome to Central

tip:

If you need further assistance; edit another question onto this post under this answer. Please don't create a new post unless somebody different creates a message after this one. The mods (blue names) will remove a post if a single user makes two in a row as it helps to keep the place tidy, so editing will save everybody some time.

-Dave

------------------------------

fireblitz95
11-14-2012, 02:14 PM
I've been contemplating on entering this, I really have, but I'm just soooo lazy. On top of that I have to stay on my toes in the Spotlight Crew. I don't know, we'll see how everything plays out.

piratebay87
11-15-2012, 03:31 AM
I want to enter, is all I have to do comment on this? Because I would love to participate, my psn ID is piratebay87

OmegaSlayer
11-15-2012, 09:43 AM
You have to post the the lbp.me link of your level in this thread once we rearch the publishing window (between friday 14th and monday 17th December) :)

PT1Gaming
11-18-2012, 02:16 AM
I am in.http://lbp.me/v/gmr4cj

EnochRoot
11-18-2012, 10:51 AM

Interesting idea and great enthusiasm but please check the contest brief in the first post of the thread:

- publish your level between friday 14th- mon 17th December including the prefix SSCC at the start of your level title.

It shouldn't be published yet...

OmegaSlayer
11-18-2012, 11:17 AM

Yes, people, read and follow the rules carefully or you risk to be disqualified. :(
And we don't want to disqualify anyone, so please delete the level and wait the publishing window to replush it again, please.
Thank you :)

SuperROBO1
11-18-2012, 11:44 PM
My entry is turning out great! I'm getting to my scary, grim Halloween part. ")

SuperROBO1
11-20-2012, 12:50 AM
I'm sorry to say this, but a guy named SoloNIghtmarES tells me he's oa judge of this contest, and says he will disqualify me because he hates me, can you take care of this by banning his account for some time until after the competition? It's complete fraud an uneccesary. I think his LBPC username is solo, thank you

ForgottenEnigma
11-20-2012, 01:01 AM
I'm sorry to say this, but a guy named SoloNIghtmarES tells me he's oa judge of this contest, and says he will disqualify me because he hates me, can you take care of this by banning his account for some time until after the competition? It's complete fraud an uneccesary. I think his LBPC username is solo, thank you

We don't have the power to ban people, if someone is giving you bother on central that is a private matter between you and the mods. If it is in game we can do nothing at all as it would be up to the good grief system. Needless to say no judge would post a message like that so it is a false threat and you will not be disqualified.

OmegaSlayer
11-20-2012, 09:04 AM
A judge wouldn't ever threaten a user or he wouldn't be picked to judge.
This guy is clearly lying.

Pookachoo
11-20-2012, 08:22 PM

Recently I needed to report a player for making threats and a friend gave me this link: https://secure.eu.playstation.com/psn/support/grief-reporting/;PDC4_COOKIE=k1dtQrmVXlnrQ2tbvk7QN23vTnTk1kQyT6z1y npfYBT3hBh5Hrhw!461831014

Buttarms
11-23-2012, 11:34 PM
I have a question. It appears I am making music specificly for two different entries, and co-creating with a third. Is this aloud? PLEASE SAY YES!! MUSIC IS NOTHING!!

Also, I have learned that a certain judge (Cekmeout) has a grudge against the guy I'm co-creating with (Ucroburst)? Just want to be assured that this won't affect our chances of winning. Thanks!

Finally, can I have 2-3 cutscenes in our level? (The Intro, the confrontation with the boss [that's if I am actually going to make a boss], after the boss/outro.)

fireblitz95
11-24-2012, 12:01 AM
I don't think Cekmeout is a judge, and no, even if he was it wouldn't effect your friends entry.

Edit: Is Cekmeout a judge? LoL

Buttarms
11-24-2012, 12:09 AM
I dunno, that's what Ucroburst told me. He exclaimed it to me, in shock, as if he just read it in a Forum or something.

fireblitz95
11-24-2012, 12:11 AM
Honestly, I've never seen Cekmeout on this site once. So I don't know for sure.

ForgottenEnigma
11-24-2012, 12:23 AM
All the contest judges for this forum can be seen at the bottom of this page:

http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?15-Site-Contests

you'd need to ask the network crew instead of us, but I suspect they wouldn't let anyone on their team who would judge unfairly, needless to say that you won't have any problems with Central.

-----------------------------------------------

as for helping with three entries (two music, one co-create) you can help them, put in the interest of fair judging you must choose a side before the deadline that you want to be associated with... we can't have you officially representing 3 entries, it just wouldn't be fair.

Rixsch
11-24-2012, 01:17 AM
where's the link to register?

ForgottenEnigma
11-24-2012, 02:15 AM
where's the link to register?

The rules don't mention a link, they say register your participation here or on network... so post away... but within the time allocated

OmegaSlayer
11-24-2012, 07:37 AM
Guys, guys please...neither Central nor Network would allow someone that has grudges with others to judge Contests, so let's try to keep things serious, ok.
This people going around saying they're judges are plain silly and no one should worry.

Buttarms
11-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Guys, guys please...neither Central nor Network would allow someone that has grudges with others to judge Contests, so let's try to keep things serious, ok.
This people going around saying they're judges are plain silly and no one should worry.

You're right. It's just they way he said it that made me assume it was official. NEVER ASSUME!!

Anyway, thanks for the replies! Everything's a go, here! LET'S DO THIS!! (Anyone want a sneak peak? The intro cutscene is HILARIOUS!)

Redonsunday
11-25-2012, 12:11 AM
I honestly think mah chances of winning this are low but, ill still try! and also...can we make it a survival course? level?

EnochRoot
11-25-2012, 08:29 AM
any genre of level is fine as long as it has gameplay and combines the Halloween/Christmas themes.

dark2541
11-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Im in!, i'll give it all my best!

PGdafrog
11-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Really wish I hadn't chosen to make a mini-game, its really limiting me from getting the depth of a contest-winning entry. Oh well, I'm still enjoying creating and I might actually finish this level, something I haven't done in a while. :p

dark2541
11-26-2012, 08:31 PM
hmmmm, :idea: im thinking what to put into my level.
can there be a level link? because it nearly overheated :mad:

Pookachoo
11-26-2012, 10:35 PM
hmmmm, :idea: im thinking what to put into my level.
can there be a level link? because it nearly overheated :mad:
Sorry, no level links.

-one level slot/thermo per entry.

If possible, using the Emit/Destroy technique can save thermo space: http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?69827-Working-With-The-Emit-Destroy-Technique

Buttarms
11-28-2012, 05:24 AM
If possible, using the Emit/Destroy technique can save thermo space: http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?69827-Working-With-The-Emit-Destroy-Technique

This really helps! ;)

DominationMags
11-28-2012, 02:42 PM
*LOADS GUN*

Lets do this. :kz:

Seriously, I'm giving this a try.... and are minigames/survival challenges allowed? Didn't see anything 'bout that.

EDIT: Anyone want to do this with me?

WARNING: I'm not the best at creating. 8D

PGdafrog
11-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Seriously, I'm giving this a try.... and are minigames/survival challenges allowed? Didn't see anything 'bout that.

I'm doing a mini-game, so they better be allowed. There was nothing in the rules that said it couldn't be. :)

DominationMags
11-28-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm doing a mini-game, so they better be allowed. There was nothing in the rules that said it couldn't be. :)

Cool.

Can this use the Move Controller? :3

Liquid_Blood_
11-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Guys, guys.... ANY GENRE! ;)

DominationMags
11-29-2012, 11:13 PM
Ah, I have to back out, I'll be on a cruise during the deadline. Shame. :(

Good luck to the rest of the contestants! :)

Jonarrthan
12-03-2012, 08:53 PM
do you register between 14th and 17th or before then.

ForgottenEnigma
12-04-2012, 02:02 AM
do you register between 14th and 17th or before then.

Taken directly from the rules written on the very first post:

Register your participation here or on LittleBigNetwork and publish your level between friday 14th- mon 17th December including the prefix SSCC at the start of your level title.

please guys, read the rules carefully as they do contain the answers you're looking for.

SuperROBO1
12-04-2012, 03:15 AM
The therm is one bar from full, and I still need to fit in a complicated boss battle in there. Cross your fingers guys! Aha! Post 100

Jonarrthan
12-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Taken directly from the rules written on the very first post:

please guys, read the rules carefully as they do contain the answers your looking for.

that is the difficult part to understand. it says register here. and publish your level between fridays 14th and mon the 17th, should you register when you publish your level or before.

ForgottenEnigma
12-04-2012, 06:04 PM
that is the difficult part to understand. it says register here. and publish your level between fridays 14th and mon the 17th, should you register when you publish your level or before.

Why is it difficult to understand?

The rule states that you must register AND the level should be published between the two dates. The order in which you do each action is irrelevant but publishing first would allow you to post a lbp.me link on your registration post.

Jonarrthan
12-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Why is it difficult to understand?

The rule states that you must register AND the level should be published between the two dates. The order in which you do each action is irrelevant but publishing first would allow you to post a lbp.me link on your registration post.

thanks. well it isn't hard to understand I guess it is just nerves. you know how it is trying something new. plus I am dislexics so reading isn't my strong point. sorry if I was bugging you

ForgottenEnigma
12-05-2012, 08:07 PM
No you weren't bugging us, we simply asked why it was difficult to understand because that helps us write better contest briefs in the future.

SuperROBO1
12-10-2012, 01:57 AM
This is going to be tough since all these entries.. :/

PGdafrog
12-10-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm dropping out due to a lack of dedication and belief in my project. Good luck to everyone else. :)

Jonarrthan
12-11-2012, 11:20 PM
sorry to be a pain again but the dead line is 14th to the 17th what time zone in GMT? don't want to upload say on the 14th at 1am here and find out it is not in the deadline due to time zone differences

ForgottenEnigma
12-11-2012, 11:41 PM
sorry to be a pain again but the dead line is 14th to the 17th what time zone in GMT? don't want to upload say on the 14th at 1am here and find out it is not in the deadline due to time zone differences

Here is a calculator for working out your deadline in relation to GMT:

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Note: you must check the 'use the following date / time' box or this will not work

1. Select december in month
2. Type in 17 and 2012 for day and year
3. Type 23:59 for time and check the 24 hour box
4. Select Gmt in first pull down menu
5. Select your timezone in the second drop down menu
6. Press 'Convert time now'
7. Deadline will appear in your time in a blue box above the fields you just filled in

Jonarrthan
12-12-2012, 11:04 PM
I meant what time does it start on friday in which time zone

ForgottenEnigma
12-12-2012, 11:21 PM
I meant what time does it start on friday in which time zone

ah, well 00:00 (24h GMT) on the 14th is the very earliest time possible for publishing.

Once again, if you need that converted into a different timezone use the calculator above.

A key tip being, if you want to guarantee you're publishing on time, publish on the 15th or 16th (anywhere in the world) and you won't hit the start on end times but be nicely in the middle.

puppet88
12-13-2012, 12:00 AM
I might enter this. But there is a big chance I won't win. Perhaps I could help others who need it?

Jonarrthan
12-13-2012, 12:45 AM
I might enter this. But there is a big chance I won't win. Perhaps I could help others who need it?

At this point most people have finish and are probably just testing there levels and debugging them. I think you should make a level but have your eyes set on having fun. and if you win something that can be a bonus. if you lose, you would of at least enjoyed your self

slufoot48
12-13-2012, 10:10 PM
Ok here it goes. I have a level ready to go for this contest.sscc snobalz , a minigame that will be published Saturday...
Is this post in the right place?

shropshirelass
12-13-2012, 10:30 PM
Cool!

A participants thread will be posted very shortly for people to register their levels in. :)

EDIT: It'll probably be up early tomorrow morning GMT.

Jonarrthan
12-13-2012, 11:54 PM
if I got my facts right. the contest starts in 5 minutes?

shropshirelass
12-14-2012, 12:01 AM
The window for publishing levels starts then, yes.

Actually, I think it has just turned midnight now so get publishing everyone! <3

And good luck!

SuperROBO1
12-14-2012, 02:45 AM
Well, it's 9:45 p.m here on Dec. 13, in the eastern U.S... Should get home from school tomorrow, wrap it up, and publish it!

OmegaSlayer
12-15-2012, 08:30 AM
Please refer to this thread (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?76448-Seasonal-Spirits-Crown-Contest-Registration) for level registration.
Thanks

Thread locked.