PDA

View Full Version : Did one of the game's patches make the final boss more difficult???

Godzilla
12-16-2012, 09:51 AM
I bought LBPV at launch and had no problem beating the final boss. Well, my save data corrupted and have to do it all over again. And, now I can not seem to beat the Puppeteer. Did one of the patches beef up his difficulty?

Skalio-
12-16-2012, 01:34 PM
im not 100%, but i dont think the patches can make changes to the original story levels themselves

yugnar
12-17-2012, 01:12 AM
Actually they do can make changes to story levels, and they have done it before, but I really, really doubt the final boss' difficulty increased.

Godzilla
12-18-2012, 05:17 PM
I bought this game at launch and got 100% and aced every level (including mini-games.). Well, my save data somehow corrupted and I had to do it all over from the beginning. The first time I fought the boss, I remember I beat him pretty easily but the second time had me pulling my hair out.

yugnar
12-18-2012, 08:07 PM
Jaja, now that I remember, something very similar happened to me. I defeated the boss the first time just dying once, but later on I found it so hard not to die multiple times until I aced it. I guess its just luck.

nysudyrgh
12-18-2012, 08:22 PM
I still find it as easy as it was. If I die in that level, it's because I accidently fall on such a rocket.
I don't think the update changed anything.

L1N3R1D3R
12-19-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm so happy I got all prizes of the story mode before any patches! :D

comphermc
12-19-2012, 06:31 PM
I didn't touch it. It should be the same as ever.

ChrisF2112
12-20-2012, 02:15 AM
Well, the designer has spoken. Issue resolved.

Syroc
12-20-2012, 10:29 AM
It's not like there is only one level designer on the team, but no we didn't change a thing.

D11_Olly
12-23-2012, 10:42 PM
It may have become indirectly harder due to performance increases throughout by us.

Tee hee hee*

*not an admission of guilt

jwwphotos
12-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Well.. I just finished it all last night and loved the final bosses. ...but dang, a level link rather than a new level!!! CURSES!! lol

I played it so many times trying to beat that last boss that I got amazingly good at the first section.. the running one. I can ace that one quite easily. The 2nd one... argh!!! Not sure what it was about that, but that took me a ton of tries before I nailed him. Though one of my issues is I have a tendency to not be able to toss the bomb the correct direction if running or bouncing another direction. Don't know how many times in attempting to toss one left, I bounced up and tossed it into another bomb or just into the boss. Doh!!

Regardless wonderful job on the whole bunch of story levels. I felt like it regained that LBP1 charm again and there was a ton of some amazingly fun platforming. Kudos to you all. Proud to see how many of my friends were in that list of names at the end too. ;)

Sweinhoff
01-19-2013, 03:55 PM
I still haven't beaten the final boss :P

I'm an impatient person so after I tred around 4 times I just gave up and moved on to creating.

I'll beat it one day.

Woutery
01-20-2013, 09:53 AM
What Sweinhoff said.

Masseyf
01-22-2013, 04:33 PM
I must say, I was reading this forum some weeks back in anticipation of my vita coming in the new year and was excited to see there would be some good challenges.

A bit over a week ago I arrived at the end boss, tapping the badge in a bittersweet moment, it would soon be over, the story part anyway ;)

Went in, kicked ***, died once and thought that seems more than ace-able?! Then I came across a level link >< ...ah... The second part didn't go nearly so well, in fact I failed. My estimates on how soon I'd ace it changed a bit :p However, second try I did ace it!

The first section is quite easy, there's an even flow and you just roll with it going a split second ahead of what your seeing. The second part is certainly harder, but I gave priority to dodging the missile coming from the far side before attempting a throw and once you find the rhythm it goes ok. Not sure why, but I was feeling more tense doing the left side than the right.

Protoraptor
01-23-2013, 06:37 PM
I haven't aced it yet (yet). The first part is easy to ace, but the second part...

THOSE DANG BOMBS.