PDA

View Full Version : Climbing

TulsaTom
01-20-2013, 01:55 AM
Is there anyway or a good read to read lol that maybe explains on how to make a vine,ladder, thats u can climb any advice would be appreciated greatly <3

im also wondering if u can attach a emitter to something that when it falls it emits material

gamerguy5432
01-20-2013, 04:23 AM
Is there anyway or a good read to read lol that maybe explains on how to make a vine,ladder, thats u can climb any advice would be appreciated greatly <3

You could place a grab switch on the vine or ladder and have it pull you up when you grab it. Thats all I can think of right now. I absolutely suck at logic, so Im sure theres better ways.

im also wondering if u can attach a emitter to something that when it falls it emits material

I think you can do this with a key switch, where it falls past something with the key switch on it which activates the emitter, if this is what youre asking.

Protoraptor
01-20-2013, 08:12 AM
You could watch comphermc's amazing tutorials on YouTube.

Unless you want to avoid using sackbots, I think it's pretty much impossible, I'm afraid.

TulsaTom
01-31-2013, 04:35 PM
figured it out! just made a long vine looking thing and then had it to appear where i wanted it to by use of a sensor and had all its gravity tweaked so it stayed once it appered and then when the player grabs it it activates a mover which pulls him up :) thanks for your alls inpt

EDIT:

this works like a charm if anyone was intersted in a vine type of lift :P