PDA

View Full Version : Beeline Mountains!

L1N3R1D3R
02-11-2013, 10:14 PM
The link to my totally awesome race! (https://karting.lbp.me/v/5u23)

I've had it published for about a month, and I only had 5 unique plays. I was wondering why, considering I'm not exactly the least known creator, and then it hit me: I hadn't advertised it yet. So here it is! I hope you awesome people enjoy it! (Note: I didn't make this with a sketch beforehand; this was simply a test to play with the new tools.)

risu5_waffles
02-12-2013, 12:09 AM
i think i know why your level hasn't gotten many plays, yeah...you're lbp.me settings are still on private, so no one can see it. Switch 'em over and i'll queue up your track.

L1N3R1D3R
02-12-2013, 10:14 PM
They have been switched. :D

Hiroshige0
02-12-2013, 11:05 PM
Great! I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: Tried it out, here's my 2 cents:

PROS

• Like the atmosphere/lighting/decorations
• Love the turns, was a joy to get a high score

CONS

• Shortcut is a bit too risky in my opinion
• Score based instead of time

Thanks for the fun track!

fireblitz95
02-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Got it queued. :D

L1N3R1D3R
02-13-2013, 09:54 PM
Great! I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: Tried it out, here's my 2 cents:

PROS

• Like the atmosphere/lighting/decorations
• Love the turns, was a joy to get a high score

CONS

• Shortcut is a bit too risky in my opinion
• Score based instead of time

Thanks for the fun track!

Thanks for the feedback! Now onto my responses to the cons:

-Yes, I know the shortcut is risky, but I wanted it to be harder than the other path, it being a faster path. I can definitely see it being too hard, though, so I will definitely make the path wider.
-That's an easy fix in the global controls page. I'm also definitely doing that.

Keep posting your feedback, amazing people!

Hiroshige0
02-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Oh I know it: make it too easy and everyone uses it, make it too hard and nobody does. I guess the only way I'd risk that path was if I really had no choice, every time I had attempted I needed to slow down to ensure I didn't end off worse than if I didn't. A few times I made better times just using the normal route than not. Our resident speedster Cirrus5005 might be a better judge of that though.

I had a slightly similar problem when I first started Arctic Rumble (https://karting.lbp.me/v/87ix), it originally had a ton of holes in the ice that lead to better firing positions and more perks, but after watching a few people try it I realized that the vast majority just couldn't do it, even when I could pull it off. They would just drown a few times and grind through the level, and what I thought was fun became frustrating to them.

But all minor nitpicks aside, great job! If there's any other suggestions I could give, don't be satisfied with it if you've got plenty of thermo. I'm finding that nobody has yet to complain that I over-detailed and improved my work. :)