PDA

View Full Version : LBPC Contest #11 - Results

shropshirelass
08-09-2013, 06:00 PM
http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45899&d=1371249356

Well, we made a lot of cool new friends along the way in judging this contest. We were put through a series of baffling, bamboozling and downright tricky tests but with the help of our trusty (although sometimes snarky!) companions we made it through! Thank you for keeping us so well entertained! Here are the winners…or rather "Let’s go!” (Sorry, couldn’t resist – just cracked me up every time…) :P

Joint Runners Up

http://i8.lbp.me/img/bl/8d82c79ea45af21828e19cd4442db2d53f3bd2d1.pngLBPC11 : Sack Jones & Spicy: The search for the Holy StoneDT-Kaosu[MY ENTRY FOR LBPC11] [TURN SUBTITLES ON] Welcome to my new level! Sack Jones & Spicy! This level was incredible hard to do, but I dedicated my self, and tried to do an excellent level! In this game you and your friend are searching for the holy stone, a very rare stone that is avalied in 10 billions of dollars. The level is so fun and easy, with taste of " Mom I want more! ". The level have 12 minutes approximated of adventure. Well, I hope you like it! Credits: Me, I did all the level alone | Voices: Me

http://id.lbp.me/img/bl/82d1cd601315380aadd2cd0f3b23c70ef1b84a28.png[LBPC11] A Hole In The Groundzecros4 [SET BRIGHTNESS TO FULL][1 PLAYER] In search of bubbles, you find a great underground settlement and with the help of your new friend kynin, you will traverse it. Music by NK827 .Thanks to jujupon for some wonderful engouragement and help *Ai isnt completely industructable so prepare for replays*

The Winner!

http://i7.lbp.me/img/bl/7b773c81b06cdfccfcb55705cf764575191289af.pngSingul ar Duality (LBPC11)AratiatiaWho needs real friends? Your co-op drone can follow you, change layers, activate switches, avoid danger and help you complete the level with just the occasional bit of teamwork. One (1) player only, HOLD ALL SHOULDER BUTTONS TO RESPAWN. Massive thanks to RtooDee2 and peoriaspitfire AND my beautiful, patient wife :)

Congratulations to Aratiatia – his entry was just the epitome of cool. It looked stunning, covered all our build requests perfectly and was a pleasure to play. Genuinely impressive stuff!

Well done too to our joint runners up, DT-Kaosu and zecros4. We loved Sack Jones and Spicy. They were an entertaining pair and we had great fun exploring in their company. The AI worked flawlessly and the backstory was engaging. The Hole in the Ground was another very impressive entry. It looked great and we really loved the clever puzzle gameplay and witty dialogue (corkophobic indeed!).

Honourable Mentions

The following levels all also really impressed the judges (in alphabetical order of PSN ID):

(LBPC11) The Ninja's Key by Chessguy http://tiny.cc/6hqa6 (http://lbp.me/v/mvs87w)
(LBPC11)The Hungry cat by white_rabbit_0 http://tiny.cc/6hqa6 (http://lbp.me/v/mw70vq)

:star: A big thank you to everyone who took part. You guys all rock and made judging this contest a lot of fun! :star:

LBPC Contest Crew

• biorogue • Dav1d0 • jauw • Pookachoo • Shadowriver • shropshirelass • thespacemonkey187

Pulparindo15
08-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Congrats to all the creators! 8D

porkyfern
08-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Congratulations to all ;) .Everyone had made great entries.
I liked all of them. But Singular Duality was something different.

And thanks to the judges. Don't forget about them :D

Bryan_Zuckerberg
08-09-2013, 07:21 PM
I'll finally be able to worry about my own contest! And I can go ahead and edit my level as much as I want! Anyways, a big congratulations to all the winners and those who participated! :)

jhonsiak2
08-09-2013, 07:22 PM
congrats everyone... I will be sure play the winner entry and the runners up entries... but you all made an AWESOME work...

peoriaspitfire
08-09-2013, 07:29 PM
My hats off to all who participated. I can’t even begin to imagine all the hard work, dedication and stress each of you put forth. I know it’s no easy task to build a stellar level in such a short period of time and you're all winners in my book. Good luck to everyone in the next contest that comes your way.

thegeckofreak
08-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Congrats to the winners and everyone else who participated in the contest!

FabFio71
08-09-2013, 08:16 PM
Congratz everyone, @aratiatia.... good choice, well deserved !!!

aratiatia
08-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Hey hey, thanks judges for your final choice!

Thanks for making the competition a "thing"we could all aim for.

Thanks for taking time to play each level and discuss your thoughts together - it must take a bit of time for everyone to get through it all.

Thanks to Jauw for the original introduction and to shropshirelass for the final reveal today.

Thanks to all other competitors, it felt like there was a good sharing vibe going on in the original contest thread and I liked that people would share updates without fear of their ideas being copied, it was a supportive environment for creating. Thanks too to the people who gave my early level a quick play test with feedback, that was really appreciated.

I really really enjoyed making this level. I've got some minor tweaks I can make now the comp is over, will be home in another day to do this.

Take care everyone, happy creating! Love this game and the community :)

DT-KAOSU
08-10-2013, 01:06 AM
Thanks! We all did a good job!
I took the 3rd place but it is alright ( nothing can be better ^^ )
Thanks judges for the final choice, my level was incredible hard do to haha, I got many problems, I got angry many times, but in the end, everything worked out.
I would write more, but unfortunately I can't speak english very well! HEHE :gopher:
Hugss~

shropshirelass
08-10-2013, 08:01 AM
@DT-KAOSU - just to clarify, you and zecros4 and are both joint runners up, not second and third. We decided not to split the places.

Congratulations again to all of the three winning creators. We were genuinely impressed with what you came up with. Indeed all the entries had something to enjoy in them.

thespacemonkey187
08-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Congratulations to the winner and runners up. We all had a lot of fun playing through the entries. See you all next time ! :)

Jauw
08-10-2013, 01:07 PM
Congrats to everyone! I really enjoyed following this contest as new ideas were showcased, very nice job, to everyone participating

:p

jhonsiak2
08-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Can't wait guys for you next competition.... if it won't need logic and only creation skills I'll enter for sure... I want a crown and the awesome LBPC pin :)

cilinhosan_USA
08-10-2013, 10:32 PM
An ask: the prize is only a crown or more prizes are included?

Jauw
08-11-2013, 11:45 AM
An ask: the prize is only a crown or more prizes are included?

The winner will get:

Rare Prize Crown
Exclusive LBPC In-Game Pin

http://i.imgur.com/rBCWM.png
http://littlebigplanet.com/system/images/BAhbB1sHOgZmSSIhMjAxMi8xMS8wOC8xNV8wM18wMl84NjdfZm lsZQY6BkVUWwg6BnA6CnRodW1iSSIKNzc2eD4GOwZU

TAYLORJ1
08-11-2013, 04:36 PM
No MM Pick for the winner? The last contest the winner got mm picked and I think it was worse than the winner of this contest.

cilinhosan_USA
08-11-2013, 04:50 PM
The winner will get:

Rare Prize Crown
Exclusive LBPC In-Game Pin

http://i.imgur.com/rBCWM.png
http://littlebigplanet.com/system/images/BAhbB1sHOgZmSSIhMjAxMi8xMS8wOC8xNV8wM18wMl84NjdfZm lsZQY6BkVUWwg6BnA6CnRodW1iSSIKNzc2eD4GOwZU
thank you

bonner123
08-11-2013, 05:20 PM
No love for The Dangerous Departure to Misery Marsh? :'(

Singular Duality was a great level and all, but did it include demonic growls, an elevator of depression, and dragging some morose demon to a marsh where he drowns himself?

:P

Seriously, Singular Duality was great. The moment I stepped into it I thought "yep, this is going to be a winner". Very fun, logically impressive, etc. I'll need to get around to playing some of the other entries to see how they compare.

Jauw
08-11-2013, 05:44 PM
No MM Pick for the winner? The last contest the winner got mm picked and I think it was worse than the winner of this contest.

Steven usually MM Picks the winner of the official contests, such as LBPlanetarium, LBLand, LBNetwork, and LBPCentral :)

bonner123
08-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Steven usually MM Picks the winner of the official contests, such as LBPlanetarium, LBLand, LBNetwork, and LBPCentral :)

StevenI didn't pick my contest winning level. :(

ForgottenEnigma
08-11-2013, 08:13 PM
As with all Mm picks, they are only levels that the developers personally like and winning a contest will not guarantee the level will be picked.

Jauw
08-11-2013, 08:51 PM
As with all Mm picks, they are only levels that the developers personally like and winning a contest will not guarantee the level will be picked.

Indeed. No confusion was intended, as "usually" were presenting both picked and not-picked levels :)

bonner123
08-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Oh, I was just making a joke (and also I didn't read carefully enough). :P

From what I recall, competition winners usually don't get picked. There's a chance of it, but it's not and has never been a given.

dragonboy269
08-11-2013, 11:43 PM
Steveni has a very limited selection of levels, usually gathered from either the trending levels list on lbp.me the previous day, or stuff published by creators who have already been MM picked. I don't think he even played the AOG winner or the LBPC11 winner.

Jauw
08-12-2013, 01:27 AM
Steveni has a very limited selection of levels, usually gathered from either the trending levels list on lbp.me the previous day, or stuff published by creators who have already been MM picked. I don't think he even played the AOG winner or the LBPC11 winner.

Steven played the top 3 levels (winner and runner-ups) in LBPC11. I guess he didn't liked the AOG winner then?

Doesn't matter really. MM Picks just simply means: developer's favorite levels :)

peoriaspitfire
08-12-2013, 05:04 AM
Doesn't matter really. MM Picks just simply means: developer's favorite levels :)

It's not "developer's" favorite levels, it's just one person's favorite levels..,right? Almost everyone here would have a different take on "MM" or "Team" picks if they had the power to choose. That's an awful lot of stress for one person if you ask me, so why not spread that power around and have multiple people be able to make picks? I vote for the Spotlight team!

Jauw
08-12-2013, 10:16 AM
It's not "developer's" favorite levels, it's just one person's favorite levels..,right? Almost everyone here would have a different take on "MM" or "Team" picks if they had the power to choose. That's an awful lot of stress for one person if you ask me, so why not spread that power around and have multiple people be able to make picks? I vote for the Spotlight team!

Yeah StevenI is the only person who picks the levels. I just used the word "developer favorites" as it's the description of MM Picks in-game ;)

Djibees
08-12-2013, 05:34 PM
I haven't told all my congratulations to the contestants! :) Good job everyone!

About who should or shouldn't MMpick the levels, always remember one thing guys: do not create levels and expect a prize. Create levels because you like it! Recognition can take many forms. A nice comment on one of my level will make my day. A single yay make my day. Sure, a crown would make my day for about a week, but that's it.

Again, congratz to all the contestants! :D

L-I-M-I
08-13-2013, 02:17 PM
Congrats to arratitia and in regards to comp winners and mmipicks: a comp winner isn't guaranteed a pretty pink ribbon, however though, by being a winner it does help in exposing the level to the pretty pink ribbon pickers. either way I would like to say congrats to arratitia at least 1 more time and the runner ups also definetly deserve a well deserved kudos

OcamposMoon
08-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Congrats to everyone who joined in the contest! Knew that Singular Duality was a big one though, along with Sack Jones and Spicy.

Tawarf
08-14-2013, 09:38 AM
Congrats to Aratiatia! Hope another contest comes up soon that i can enter!

aratiatia
08-15-2013, 07:52 PM
Hey everyone, Singular Duality just got MM picked! Woohoo! Totes awesome! With a crown and a oink ribbon I think I've now properly completed lbp. Still got some areas of the level I need to tweak but can't do that until Monday. Fascinating how quickly the "H4H" requests start pouring in.

Bryan_Zuckerberg
08-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Hey everyone, Singular Duality just got MM picked! Woohoo! Totes awesome! With a crown and a oink ribbon I think I've now properly completed lbp. Still got some areas of the level I need to tweak but can't do that until Monday. Fascinating how quickly the "H4H" requests start pouring in.

A great congrats to you! You deserved it! Now yopu can go away from LBP and return to the real world! :p

rltj1863
08-20-2013, 06:40 PM
congratulations everyone!!!!:):royalty:

gary_WBA
08-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Congratualtions to the winner! But Im puzzled why I didnt even get an Honourable mention. Did I get disqualified or something? And 2nd place did not deserve it in my opinion. But Well done regardless.

theonlybub
10-04-2013, 09:50 PM
What is up with all the levels getting locked lately? This is strange. There are so many levels locked in the community that are just astoundingly awesome, but nobody can play them! :(

Townzee
10-06-2013, 07:57 PM
Huge congratz to the winners and a great 1st place pick, I knew it would win long ago when I first played it, Awsome ;)