PDA

View Full Version : The Collector!! Aceing Annoyance!!

Trixsterr
02-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Well, I aced the level, and at the end, the scoreboard falls down right? Well I was on top of the planet earth when all of the characters wer sticking there heads out. And when the scoreboard came up, it hit me and I died!!! No Ace!!! OMG.

Then I had to do it again!!

Sackdragon
02-04-2009, 08:20 PM
That sucks. But you say you DID ace it afterwards? Good. Same thing happened to me, except I was in the middle of the robot and the LittleBigPlanet killed me. I don't think that was an ace, though....

Rabid-Coot
02-04-2009, 09:49 PM
My first perfect run on this level was ruined by faffing about at the end and hitting some gas.

isthiswhereiputm
02-05-2009, 12:06 AM
First time I tried acing this I somehow managed to get electrocuted by the collector AFTER killing his last brain.:mad:

Madafaku
02-05-2009, 12:20 AM
First time I tried acing this I somehow managed to get electrocuted by the collector AFTER killing his last brain.:mad:

Same thing happened to me,, the little guys rolling allong and im trying to catch him as he breaks apart.. then all the sudden im dead... grrrr

Thee-Flash
02-05-2009, 01:22 AM
i sitll haven't aced :O

midnight_heist
02-10-2009, 08:40 AM
This reminds me of the time I was trying to ace the Canyon level with Zapata.
After many ace attempts, I finally bet him, and he exploded. Only thing is I didn't notice the flaming log he left behind. So I got toasted.
After that experience, I always observe closely when a boss is destroyed. ^_^;

Madafaku
02-14-2009, 01:26 AM
my first time fighting zapata my third explosive didnt blow all the way through the wall, but he still ran away.. soo i had to restart level.

elas12
02-14-2009, 02:37 AM
lol i had a problem when i tried to ace zapata. i put the time bomb in front of him. then all of a sudden the screen jerked left then right and the bomb flew and and landed in front of me and blew up. i was running around the house screaming my head off:grr:

Solisdrive
02-16-2009, 04:50 AM
This is actually simple to ace as long as your timing everything right.
It's still more difficult than other levels but just having confidence works.

SuperYuper
02-16-2009, 04:54 AM
my first time fighting zapata my third explosive didnt blow all the way through the wall, but he still ran away.. soo i had to restart level.

Same thing happend to me, except it went flying at me and I was tired, then I started crying:cry:

Madafaku
02-17-2009, 01:51 AM
I have to admit, LBP tends to make me use curse words alot more than most games I play.. wasnt expecting that when I bought it.

olit123
02-17-2009, 08:08 AM
Dude that totally sucks, I'm having trouble aceing the beginner levels!

What do you get for aceing The Collector?

isthiswhereiputm
02-18-2009, 08:10 PM
I think it was the 2D early sackboy concept costume?

Snrm
02-18-2009, 10:20 PM
I think it was the 2D early sackboy concept costume?

put it in spoiler tags not everyone wants to know before they get it please :)

but yes i did ace it and for more description

you get a 2d costume that can only be worn if you wear the whole thing were you have like a block head that is 2d though and 2d purple trouser things :P its kinda cool but for some reason it makes me do worse when on hard levels.

Sackmundo
02-20-2009, 06:42 PM
I thought that level was the hardest to ace, as whether you die or not when you get hit is a bit crazy and unpredictable.

Arkei
02-21-2009, 04:22 PM

you get a 2d costume that can only be worn if you wear the whole thing were you have like a block head that is 2d though and 2d purple trouser things :P its kinda cool but for some reason it makes me do worse when on hard levels.

Mr. Yellowhead?

DanC
04-19-2009, 12:45 AM
His name is Yellowhead! =D

Ya beat me to it. >.<

StaleSteak
04-19-2009, 03:34 PM
2 tries, and aced first time! :D

Echonian
04-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Congrats.

I never ace my first try, as I have to memorize the layout somewhat (which I never fully remember unless I've done recently).

Second time I died stupidly, to the electrified final stage. Third try I believe I died after beating everything to the deadly gas located behind the defeated collector.

soulreaver77
06-28-2009, 12:43 PM

LOOOL me to

soulreaver77
06-28-2009, 04:11 PM

at spoiler because your

2d and cant see your sackboy when your running?