PDA

View Full Version : Looking Back



TlCKLEFWOP
08-24-2014, 11:27 PM
I have created many lbp2 levels, and wish to let people know, it really doesn't matter how many plays you get, as long as you are proud of yourself. For example, my most played level has 20 plays, and at first, it sucked how people didn't see my great creations or good ideas. So for all of those lbp2 hipsters, or unpopular players, create on! As long as you are happy, it doesn't matter. I know it sounds like some awkward motivational thing, but it's true.

calyst_aayla
09-01-2014, 09:19 PM
So true ^_^. Create for yourself is def the way to go on lbp. ^_^ Good advice for the fellow creators out there.

Jonarrthan
09-02-2014, 12:27 AM
I have created many lbp2 levels, and wish to let people know, it really doesn't matter how many plays you get, as long as you are proud of yourself. For example, my most played level has 20 plays, and at first, it sucked how people didn't see my great creations or good ideas. So for all of those lbp2 hipsters, or unpopular players, create on! As long as you are happy, it doesn't matter. I know it sounds like some awkward motivational thing, but it's true.

It really does matter as there is always going to be a bais from a creator on his final project good or bad. Plays and feedback help creators improve and grow allowing them to find the shortcomings they can't see. Allowing them to ask for help and learn. I kind of hate post like these because it under plays the importance of what it actually means to share you work with the world. Getting plays and Yays is a reward for doing a good job and if you want to throw it the other way each play you get is another persons enjoyment / idea shared.

My thoughts on the statement, 90% of a level's enjoyment is in the creation nothing beats it when a level is filled and finished the other 10% is finding out how people enjoyed your levels or improving. Being proud of a level isn't necessary a good thing as the old saying pride before fall comes into play. Sure I am talking about being overly proud of your work to the point where your ego takes over but really isn't that techically what your saying your level is perfect reguardless of what else says otherwise and if you really felt that way wouldn't you want more people to play the level thus making plays more important?

dyna
09-02-2014, 04:25 PM
As long as 1 player enjoys my level, I feel like I have succeed. My only goals are to make other players experiences better, and only if I get a few plays, as long as someone enjoyed, I feel much better about myself.

Jonarrthan
09-03-2014, 03:41 AM
Again though half the fun of creating a level is looking back at it in a year and facepalming. Not becaause it is a bad level because you got better in comparsion. That is learning never be satified with what you got and taking that drive to push further