PDA

View Full Version : So does this game work?

ryano775
09-19-2014, 01:23 AM
I blindly bought the old PSP little big planet only to find the create mode required you to jump through tons of hoops to get working, and was clunky to use in general etc. Since no reviewers decided to mention that part.

Regardless I am thinking about getting a PS Vita and LBP, I would love to have these questions answered without a bias

Disclaimer (I actually loved the PSP version)

Performance? Like is this game prone to having slow downs for people, do levels feel empty? What am I to expect from this?

Community. The community in these games tend to be laughable to me, but always a gem of levels here and there, so I ask how is it? We still getting new levels daily and all that? Is it dieing off over time?

Game itself.
I want a portable little big planet, So is DLC still being released, is the game full of content like the second one?

And finally the wonderful final question, bugs. Is this game full of bugs, can I through together a level in create mode without having it corrupt on me, or everything breaking?

Please try to answer this thoroughly and honestly, This stuff is expensive and I don't trust reviewers to give an actual review anymore.

Smuffy04
09-19-2014, 02:47 AM
Ok, here I go...

Performance: Yeah, it may slow down at times when there's alot onscreen of course. Not sure what you mean by levels feeling empty, you could fill up the level by quite alot. You can expect some slowdowns and maybe freezes too.

Community: I must say this community has some really great levels published, most are made like apps you find on phones. People make levels daily, and ofcourse every game dies off slowly...

Game Itself: Well, DLC is being made but its mostly costumes, there's only 3 level kits so far, the game is full of content having tools LBP2 doesn't have such as the dephysicaliser and such.

Bugs: You can expect a freeze or two during create mode so you should save your level frequently.

...So did that help at all? :)

ryano775
09-19-2014, 03:20 AM
I suppose, Levels being empty, like lack of complexity, But I already answered that by simply remembering the trailer.

Of course performance will lower if a lot goes on, but I meant like story mode wise, or if its a common practice.

As for freezes in create mode, I can easily handle.

Hopefully more DLC gets pushed out, but yeah I just wanted make sure I wasn't buying a crappy watered down buggy port.

EleoMod
09-20-2014, 04:28 PM
Performance? Like is this game prone to having slow downs for people, do levels feel empty? What am I to expect from this?
It can lag sometimes when there are a lot of dynamic objects, or objects drawn on the screen. When I try to play multiplayer it doesn't work properly. The game appears to freeze for a long time, then the loading screen appears for a long time, then I get kicked to the pod, but this is probably due to the dreaded "Profile Size" bug.

Community. The community in these games tend to be laughable to me, but always a gem of levels here and there, so I ask how is it? We still getting new levels daily and all that? Is it dieing off over time?
It is somewhat weak as there are only about 1,000 people playing or less, but there are some good levels being created.

Game itself. I want a portable LittleBigPlanet, so is DLC still being released, is the game full of content like the second one?
There is some new costumes being released, but only two full level packs have been released.

Is this game full of bugs, can I through together a level in create mode without having it corrupt on me, or everything breaking? There are some bugs in the game. Sometimes the rewind breaks and crashes the game. The most major bug is a problem with the way the game saves your profile. If you have a very large profile you may experience a bug with the game: see here for details (http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?91398-LittleBigPlanet-PS-Vita-Profile-Size-bug).

Woutery
09-20-2014, 09:26 PM
LBPV is a cool game, but it's lost a few things that made it good at first.

Performance - i had NO freezes at all whilst creating, it's pretty good at creating. The online is an absolute joke. There's always lag and ages of loading time for nearly everything.

Community - you'll see the same community names everywhere as the community is very tight. It can even be considered a family. Lots of stuff happens, it's really interesting. By tight, i mean TIGHT. It's a lot closer with eachother than in LBP2 where you'll nearly drown in levels and players, but on LBPV it's like there's a certain set of players that rule the game and most of them are very helpful... but there are also some idiotic h4h'ing bullies on there which i just like to mess with. Together, it gets pretty intense. Varying from a creator drawing all of the community on paper, to another creator who had drinking problems, went to rehab, and whilst there some sick friend of her faked her suiciding to just about everyone on LBPV (literally). Get what i mean by tight?

Performance - it runs pretty well but it's obviously a tad bit less than LBP2's graphics.