PDA

View Full Version : Sound Detector

Sackdragon
03-08-2009, 12:09 AM
Here's an idea: a switch that only activates when a certain sound plays. This could be used if you want people to play a song on a level like LittleBig Piano or something. Or having a sleeping thing only wake up when it hears a certain instrument or sound.

Pinchanzee
03-08-2009, 01:23 AM
Hmm.. It's not very practical, would be hard to use in practise.. Players can't exactly produce sounds as such =\
Be better just to use prox switches and sounds to make them feel like the sound was causing it :)

Zwollie
03-08-2009, 07:51 AM
I get it, you play a certain tune in the right order wich unlocks a gate or something.
I would like a tool like that.
I think that its possible right now if you really put your mind into it....I'm not saying its easy though!! :p

RickTheRipper
03-08-2009, 08:29 AM
if you get creative, proximity switches or magnetic keys should be able to simulate that

DRT99
03-08-2009, 06:31 PM
hmmm.....
maybe a headset swich... players have to yell loud enough to activate the swich...

Vanemiera
03-08-2009, 06:40 PM
hmmm.....
maybe a headset swich... players have to yell loud enough to activate the swich...

...so that only 1/10 of LBP players can activate it?

RangerZero
03-09-2009, 02:09 PM
I get it, you play a certain tune in the right order wich unlocks a gate or something.
I would like a tool like that.
I think that its possible right now if you really put your mind into it....I'm not saying its easy though!! :p

Yes you totally can do this already.

CCubbage
03-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Yup, I can think of several easy ways to do this off the top of my head.

Sack-Jake
03-10-2009, 12:52 AM
No, it's really not useful. Hooking up a magnetic key and switch to the sound would be a lot easier.

TJapan
03-17-2009, 10:18 AM
dude, i would say that although it is possible to simulate that effect, i think it would be a useful thing to have. particularly on a piano or other instrument where you need to play a particular rythm or tune. it would be a fun level to be, if one could get 4 players all timing their notes like dance dance revolution/guitar hero.

GruntosUK
03-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Yeah I can think of ways to simulate this, a proximity switch hooked to a fast relay would give the impression the sound has triggerer an event a short time after it was played.

You could probably get the tune affect as well using a few logic gates.

I suppose the switch would save heavily on thermo though. And save a lot of thinking, switches and wires :)