PDA

View Full Version : LBPC16 - Anything Goes

mdkd99
10-23-2018, 06:38 AM
http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50680&d=1539571175

(LBPC16) ANYTHING GOES!
The bestest, most funnest, amazingly awesome, overtly cool level wins! Whatever you can do in LBP3 and publish is fine. Make us laugh, make us cry, scare us into a frenzy, challenge our minds and skills, or make our hearts glow till they burst!! Make a fun mini game, a penultimate platformer, or a maybe a giant epic adventure.. Whatever you want! Anything you can imagine from the game that was all about imagination! Just impress the socks off us and you take home the prize.

RULES:

Create a level/adventure. It can be anything that's possible in LBP3

The level/adventure has to be a previously unpublished level/adventure for this contest

The level/adventure has to be playable by one player

The deadline is the 31st of December 2018

After the deadline, do not republish. Levels republished after the deadline will be disqualified. Exceptions may be made for quick fixes with respect to level titles, description, badges, but only with the prior consent of the contest crew. If you need to request an edit, please post in this thread or send us a PM.

Include (LBPC16) in your level title and post an LBP.me link here in this thread

PRIZES:

1st place: Crown and LBP Cap, LBPCentral Pin, and 50$/€ (or equivalent value for your region) psn gift card

2nd place: LBP Cap, LBPCentral Pin, and 30$/€ psn gift card

3rd place: LBP Cap, LBPCentral Pin, and 20$/€ psn gift card

FAQ:
Q: Can I create anything?
A: Yes, your imagination is the only limit

Q: Can I build different kinds of levels for one entry?
A: Yes you can, just make sure to link the levels together and/or have them in a Adventure (your choice)

Q: How many levels can I submit?
A: You set the limit. Create as much as you want.

Q: Can I create with friends?
A: Yes you can.

Q: What if my friends and I win?
A: Whoever publishes the level/adventure gets the prize, everyone involved gets the LBP cap

Q: What if the winner already has the crown?
A: The 2nd place might get it.

Q: Do contestants have to be members of LBPCentral?
A: Yes. To receive prizes, the winners will be contacted by private message here.

Wanna join this contest and create something? That's the spirit! Be creative, LBP community!

This will be the last contest here at LBPC. <3
Thanks to all our crew members over the years, and everyone who’s made these competitions great by creating with heart and soul every time.

olit123
10-23-2018, 06:44 PM
Last contest? Ahh the feels...

sackboy206
10-23-2018, 08:06 PM
Personally won't be entering as my days of creating in LittleBigPlanet have drawn to a close. However, I wish all participants the best of luck! Great prizes in store here, and a fitting end to LBPC's long reign of community contests. Bravo!

Lbphart3
10-24-2018, 04:07 PM
I'm gonna enter :),I have a project in the works for lbps anniversary :).

Fizzlesnoof
10-25-2018, 05:04 PM
Well, no reason for me to not enter this contest. I'll need to think of a good level (Or set of levels) for it, but I'll do my absolute best. :)

Chaos_Martin
10-27-2018, 10:05 AM
Surprised I still remember my log in.

hehe.

Well since this is the last contest and most likely the last contest for LBP ever I'd enter. It's quite sad to see this being the last as LBP was a great game but all good things must come to a end.

jwwphotos
10-27-2018, 11:50 AM
Sorry for the thread moving around the block. Promoted this to a news article and must have goofed. Now back in it's original spot as well as in the news. Let me know if I broke anything else. :)

Hope you all enjoy this contest!! We want it to be enjoyable for everyone! I am hoping we get some really awesome entries!!! Best of luck!!! Do it!! Do it now!!! :)

Pookachoo
10-27-2018, 08:33 PM
Someone in our PS4 community asked about psn gift cards for different regions - if you’re not in the US or EU region that’s okay, you’ll receive a gift card in the correct currency for you to use. The value will be equivalent to the dollar/euro value mentioned in the original post.
So please don’t hesitate to enter, it doesn’t matter what psn region you are, we’ll make sure you get the right prize if you win :)

Tikaki-MooMoo
10-28-2018, 12:59 AM
I may enter in contest just for the heck of it. It maybe the last thing I do in LittleBigPlanet before I move on in Dreams and other games, I really want to relive the classics in my levels.

Oh and one last note, Thanks for everything you guys done for us in the last 10 years. :)

gurren009
10-28-2018, 07:56 PM
Good luck to the contestants!

L-I-M-I
11-09-2018, 02:11 AM
This is sad and joyous at the same time. Joyous that this little bundle of cotton has given smiles for 10 years, lbpcentral has given a lot of folks a home for so long. Sad that lbpcentral is hosting its last contest. I’ve been saying for 3 years now, I’ll get time to do stuff, if I don’t publish a fantastic level I’ll at least post a tribute level to the people I have met along my journey and how all of you have helped me get where I am today! Going to juggle some things and bench some others, but I Hope to enter something.

jwwphotos
11-09-2018, 02:25 AM
We hope everyone gets a chance to enjoy this one. :)

Rpg Maker
11-10-2018, 04:12 PM
I think I will finally release a level. I got school out of the way. If this is truly the last contest, mind as well contribute.

Sounds like a really awesome contest!

FreeAim
11-16-2018, 10:29 PM
Ah, darn. If it's the last one, I guess my hiatus is over. I'm in.

mdkd99
11-16-2018, 11:08 PM
Still 1 1/2 months of time for you to make something great. Have fun!

gurren009
11-21-2018, 04:47 PM
I have a question though. Why was it decided that this would be the last LBPC contest? Is it because the release of Dreams is coming so soon?

mdkd99
11-22-2018, 05:55 AM
I'd say because LBP Central has it's age and LBP is not as popular anymore. But I'm not JWW, so just my guessings here.

gurren009
11-22-2018, 09:08 AM
I'd say because LBP Central has it's age and LBP is not as popular anymore. But I'm not JWW, so just my guessings here.

I wouldn't say that personally. I just came on LBP3, and it's still populated with new levels. I would say that its not really the game itself, but rather this site that has lost its popularity. If there was a way we could get more people to come on this site (for LBP3), then this site would be way more active.

mdkd99
11-22-2018, 03:09 PM
It's forums in general. Twitter is more attractive to people. The game itself still has roughly 14000-15000 plays, true, probably even more, but it was way more.

I have enough time, but unfortunately not a team or enough money probably to host a site like this.

dericobanjo
11-23-2018, 05:57 PM
Here is my LBPC16 level LBP.me link for the contest: https://lbp.me/v/q3nxb18/activity

gurren009
11-23-2018, 10:12 PM
It's forums in general. Twitter is more attractive to people. The game itself still has roughly 14000-15000 plays, true, probably even more, but it was way more.

I have enough time, but unfortunately not a team or enough money probably to host a site like this.

That's fine. You guys have done a great job over the years. Can't wait to play all the levels when they come out!

jwwphotos
11-24-2018, 09:49 PM
I wouldn't say that personally. I just came on LBP3, and it's still populated with new levels. I would say that its not really the game itself, but rather this site that has lost its popularity. If there was a way we could get more people to come on this site (for LBP3), then this site would be way more active.

I agree 100% and I am probably the one you can blame at the moment. However, with all the things needed to make this site thrive, it takes quite a bit of work to make it happen and sadly I have no time for that. My job is horribly demanding and my free time is very limited due to all the other stuff I do in my receding spare time. I have enjoyed running the site for all this time, but in my efforts to pass the baton, no one seems interested.

I have had many suggestions on rebranding the site, doing this, doing that... but again, all that takes time and as much as I wish I had done some of those things, that is more spare time I really don't have.

It takes a bit of $$, a bit of techy knowhow, and quite a bit of effort to keep it moving, and with the amount of traffic we have the past year or so, besides the amount of upgrades I would need to do "under the hood" so to speak, to keep this all alive... the 10 anniversary seemed like a great time to maybe wrap this all up and move to the next venue. I feel that Dreams will be coming very soon and the natural progression of this site is to move out of the way and all of us join Dreamsverse. Why reinvent the wheel when the LBPC of Dreams is at Dreamsverse, with many of our friends already there?

Keep in mind that I don't take this decision at all lightly... and why I want this contest to be so cool. However, I would like to go back to the topic at hand being this contest rather than wax on about why this is probably the last contest on this site.

..if you would like to discuss it with me, do it on another thread or just send me a PM. I think we have more than enough threads on LBP and LBPC fading away at the moment. :)

mdkd99
11-26-2018, 10:11 PM
I've seen one entry so far. We'll see how many will join until the end of 2018.

I don't have too much knowledge outside of LBP, I have a small, limited budget and my internet connection is not always the best, but I definitely want to support this site. At least until it's really time.

koltonaugust
11-27-2018, 07:39 PM
I'm working on mine. Worst case, I pull a simple platformer together in 2 days if I'm falling too far behind.

mdkd99
11-28-2018, 11:36 AM
Well, anything goes. Go crazy, mate!

L-I-M-I
11-30-2018, 05:03 AM
I have an idea I’ve always wanted to do in lbp. Going to work on it a bit this weekend and cross my fingers I can finish before he deadline.

jwwphotos
11-30-2018, 10:03 PM
Me likey :)

mdkd99
12-01-2018, 09:10 AM
Just to let you know: Shared the contest again and it was retweeted by the official LBP account. Have fun creating!

Rpg Maker
12-02-2018, 04:19 PM
I've seen one entry so far. We'll see how many will join until the end of 2018.

I am guessing most entries will come mid December or later. There are a lot of holidays with the timeline of this contest.

mdkd99
12-02-2018, 06:03 PM
That could be how it plays out

ECHOSTAR3
12-05-2018, 03:22 AM
I will be posting an LBP.me link pretty soon, but even if you don't get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place will LBP Central leave feedback?

L-I-M-I
12-05-2018, 03:25 AM
I will be posting an LBP.me link pretty soon, but even if you don't get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place will LBP Central leave feedback?

awesome, can't wait to play it!

koltonaugust
12-05-2018, 04:29 PM

I don't think in the past LBP contests they leave feedback for any of the levels. I wouldn't expect it especially in this contest since the levels will probably be so different! I recommend posting your level in the level showcase and asking someone to review it there.

mdkd99
12-06-2018, 02:40 AM
The crew will play all the levels. You shouldn't expect a review from every crew member, but I personally will leave a review in LBP3.

Pookachoo
12-07-2018, 05:47 PM
I generally don’t leave reviews when I’m playing as a judge, however if anyone specifically wants a review, I would leave one after the contest in finished :)

ECHOSTAR3
12-09-2018, 08:09 PM
Alright, thanks for answering my question!:)

- - - - - - - - - -

awesome, can't wait to play it!

Thanks for the support:)

- - - - - - - - - -

Alright here's my level submission. It didn't re-upload it or anything, I just had to edit the name to say "(platformer)" at the end.

https://lbp.me/v/q3p0vvn/activity

- - - - - - - - - -

Hello, sorry I'm new here, and I have a question. I had recently uploaded my submission for this contest in this thread. I saw that one of the rules for this, was that you cannot submit a level that had been published before. Right after I published my level, I had added something into the title name, but after I did that it said that I had republished it. This is a completely new level of mine. Will this level submission still work for the contest?

fireblitz95
12-10-2018, 01:36 AM
Hello, sorry I'm new here, and I have a question. I had recently uploaded my submission for this contest in this thread. I saw that one of the rules for this, was that you cannot submit a level that had been published before. Right after I published my level, I had added something into the title name, but after I did that it said that I had republished it. This is a completely new level of mine. Will this level submission still work for the contest?

Don’t worry, it still counts. :)
You’re able to edit/rename the level all you want until after the deadline. :D

L-I-M-I
12-10-2018, 01:54 AM
Queued and since I am not a judge, but a hopeful competitor I will try to review it

ECHOSTAR3
12-10-2018, 03:32 AM
I'm sorry if all of my questions are getting annoying, I'm new here, and I don't mean to abuse this thread in any way. My question is different. One time I went into a dive in, in LBP3. The host was playing a glitch dlc level. At the score board I got a lot of dlc. I thought it was fake, and I never would intentionally play these levels, and I would never use that dlc that I haven't paid for, or earned. I saw this question earlier. "Q: What if the winner already has the crown? A: The 2nd place might get it." One of the glitch dlc's was the crown, and the cap. I can't use it, not only because I don't want to, but I have no real access to it because I have never downloaded the dlc. It's just idle in my poppit. If I get any of these winner places, will I end up having access to the same item that has been in my poppit? I assume so right? I still have never been able to use it anyway. By the way, I have never hacked, or abused Littlebigplanet. Please answer my question, thank you:)

mdkd99
12-10-2018, 09:52 AM
I personally would delete the items you don't have access to, to make sure LBP3 doesn't cause weird bugs.

Anyway, if you win you'll get the crown/cap. You just get access to the items if you already have them in the popit.
Continue creating!

Pookachoo
12-10-2018, 04:15 PM
I personally would delete the items you don't have access to, to make sure LBP3 doesn't cause weird bugs.

Anyway, if you win you'll get the crown/cap. You just get access to the items if you already have them in the popit.
Continue creating!

Yes, I would also recommend deleting those items to avoid them causing issues. And make sure you don’t have Sackbots wearing those items in any of your levels as that could cause you to get locked out of create mode later on.
But don’t worry, having those things in your Popit doesn’t affect your contest entry or make the judges think anythig bad about you ;)

Lbphart3
12-10-2018, 05:39 PM
Gonna be publishing my level for the contest soon :).

ECHOSTAR3
12-11-2018, 12:10 AM
Ok thank you answering my question. It was only a few dlc items in my costume poppet. I've had them for a little while now, and I've never interfered with them, and everything has been going fine. And thank you for answering my questions, I appreciate it:star:

jwwphotos
12-11-2018, 01:47 AM
Ok thank you answering my question. It was only a few dlc items in my costume poppet. I've had them for a little while now, and I've never interfered with them, and everything has been going fine. And thank you for answering my questions, I appreciate it:star:

If you have questions that are not related to this contest, please create a new thread in the Help section. This thread is for the contest.. If you want to reply to me, please send me a visitors message or a pm here in this forum.

Thanks!!

L-I-M-I
12-11-2018, 03:27 AM
There is one crown issue that is well known and unfortunately I am affected by it.

If you downloaded the crown from the psn store about 5 years ago while it was inadvertently free for everyone, you will not be able to have it even with a legit code. I can only where my crown in the vita version and maybe lbp2....