PDA

View Full Version : LBPC16 - Anything Goes

mdkd99
10-23-2018, 05:38 AM
http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50680&d=1539571175

(LBPC16) ANYTHING GOES!
The bestest, most funnest, amazingly awesome, overtly cool level wins! Whatever you can do in LBP3 and publish is fine. Make us laugh, make us cry, scare us into a frenzy, challenge our minds and skills, or make our hearts glow till they burst!! Make a fun mini game, a penultimate platformer, or a maybe a giant epic adventure.. Whatever you want! Anything you can imagine from the game that was all about imagination! Just impress the socks off us and you take home the prize.

RULES:

Create a level/adventure. It can be anything that's possible in LBP3

The level/adventure has to be a previously unpublished level/adventure for this contest

The level/adventure has to be playable by one player

The deadline is the 31st of December 2018

After the deadline, do not republish. Levels republished after the deadline will be disqualified. Exceptions may be made for quick fixes with respect to level titles, description, badges, but only with the prior consent of the contest crew. If you need to request an edit, please post in this thread or send us a PM.

Include (LBPC16) in your level title and post an LBP.me link here in this thread

PRIZES:

1st place: Crown and LBP Cap, LBPCentral Pin, and 50$/€ (or equivalent value for your region) psn gift card

2nd place: LBP Cap, LBPCentral Pin, and 30$/€ psn gift card

3rd place: LBP Cap, LBPCentral Pin, and 20$/€ psn gift card

FAQ:
Q: Can I create anything?
A: Yes, your imagination is the only limit

Q: Can I build different kinds of levels for one entry?
A: Yes you can, just make sure to link the levels together and/or have them in a Adventure (your choice)

Q: How many levels can I submit?
A: You set the limit. Create as much as you want.

Q: Can I create with friends?
A: Yes you can.

Q: What if my friends and I win?
A: Whoever publishes the level/adventure gets the prize, everyone involved gets the LBP cap

Q: What if the winner already has the crown?
A: The 2nd place might get it.

Q: Do contestants have to be members of LBPCentral?
A: Yes. To receive prizes, the winners will be contacted by private message here.

Wanna join this contest and create something? That's the spirit! Be creative, LBP community!

This will be the last contest here at LBPC. <3
Thanks to all our crew members over the years, and everyone who’s made these competitions great by creating with heart and soul every time.

olit123
10-23-2018, 05:44 PM
Last contest? Ahh the feels...

sackboy206
10-23-2018, 07:06 PM
Personally won't be entering as my days of creating in LittleBigPlanet have drawn to a close. However, I wish all participants the best of luck! Great prizes in store here, and a fitting end to LBPC's long reign of community contests. Bravo!

Lbphart3
10-24-2018, 03:07 PM
I'm gonna enter :),I have a project in the works for lbps anniversary :).

Fizzlesnoof
10-25-2018, 04:04 PM
Well, no reason for me to not enter this contest. I'll need to think of a good level (Or set of levels) for it, but I'll do my absolute best. :)

Chaos_Martin
10-27-2018, 09:05 AM
Surprised I still remember my log in.

hehe.

Well since this is the last contest and most likely the last contest for LBP ever I'd enter. It's quite sad to see this being the last as LBP was a great game but all good things must come to a end.

jwwphotos
10-27-2018, 10:50 AM
Sorry for the thread moving around the block. Promoted this to a news article and must have goofed. Now back in it's original spot as well as in the news. Let me know if I broke anything else. :)

Hope you all enjoy this contest!! We want it to be enjoyable for everyone! I am hoping we get some really awesome entries!!! Best of luck!!! Do it!! Do it now!!! :)

Pookachoo
10-27-2018, 07:33 PM
Someone in our PS4 community asked about psn gift cards for different regions - if you’re not in the US or EU region that’s okay, you’ll receive a gift card in the correct currency for you to use. The value will be equivalent to the dollar/euro value mentioned in the original post.
So please don’t hesitate to enter, it doesn’t matter what psn region you are, we’ll make sure you get the right prize if you win :)

Tikaki-MooMoo
10-27-2018, 11:59 PM
I may enter in contest just for the heck of it. It maybe the last thing I do in LittleBigPlanet before I move on in Dreams and other games, I really want to relive the classics in my levels.

Oh and one last note, Thanks for everything you guys done for us in the last 10 years. :)

gurren009
10-28-2018, 06:56 PM
Good luck to the contestants!

L-I-M-I
11-09-2018, 01:11 AM
This is sad and joyous at the same time. Joyous that this little bundle of cotton has given smiles for 10 years, lbpcentral has given a lot of folks a home for so long. Sad that lbpcentral is hosting its last contest. I’ve been saying for 3 years now, I’ll get time to do stuff, if I don’t publish a fantastic level I’ll at least post a tribute level to the people I have met along my journey and how all of you have helped me get where I am today! Going to juggle some things and bench some others, but I Hope to enter something.

jwwphotos
11-09-2018, 01:25 AM
We hope everyone gets a chance to enjoy this one. :)

Rpg Maker
11-10-2018, 03:12 PM
I think I will finally release a level. I got school out of the way. If this is truly the last contest, mind as well contribute.

Sounds like a really awesome contest!

FreeAim
11-16-2018, 09:29 PM
Ah, darn. If it's the last one, I guess my hiatus is over. I'm in.

mdkd99
11-16-2018, 10:08 PM
Still 1 1/2 months of time for you to make something great. Have fun!

gurren009
11-21-2018, 03:47 PM
I have a question though. Why was it decided that this would be the last LBPC contest? Is it because the release of Dreams is coming so soon?

mdkd99
11-22-2018, 04:55 AM
I'd say because LBP Central has it's age and LBP is not as popular anymore. But I'm not JWW, so just my guessings here.

gurren009
11-22-2018, 08:08 AM
I'd say because LBP Central has it's age and LBP is not as popular anymore. But I'm not JWW, so just my guessings here.

I wouldn't say that personally. I just came on LBP3, and it's still populated with new levels. I would say that its not really the game itself, but rather this site that has lost its popularity. If there was a way we could get more people to come on this site (for LBP3), then this site would be way more active.

mdkd99
11-22-2018, 02:09 PM
It's forums in general. Twitter is more attractive to people. The game itself still has roughly 14000-15000 plays, true, probably even more, but it was way more.

I have enough time, but unfortunately not a team or enough money probably to host a site like this.

dericobanjo
11-23-2018, 04:57 PM
Here is my LBPC16 level LBP.me link for the contest: https://lbp.me/v/q3nxb18/activity

gurren009
11-23-2018, 09:12 PM
It's forums in general. Twitter is more attractive to people. The game itself still has roughly 14000-15000 plays, true, probably even more, but it was way more.

I have enough time, but unfortunately not a team or enough money probably to host a site like this.

That's fine. You guys have done a great job over the years. Can't wait to play all the levels when they come out!

jwwphotos
11-24-2018, 08:49 PM
I wouldn't say that personally. I just came on LBP3, and it's still populated with new levels. I would say that its not really the game itself, but rather this site that has lost its popularity. If there was a way we could get more people to come on this site (for LBP3), then this site would be way more active.

I agree 100% and I am probably the one you can blame at the moment. However, with all the things needed to make this site thrive, it takes quite a bit of work to make it happen and sadly I have no time for that. My job is horribly demanding and my free time is very limited due to all the other stuff I do in my receding spare time. I have enjoyed running the site for all this time, but in my efforts to pass the baton, no one seems interested.

I have had many suggestions on rebranding the site, doing this, doing that... but again, all that takes time and as much as I wish I had done some of those things, that is more spare time I really don't have.

It takes a bit of $$, a bit of techy knowhow, and quite a bit of effort to keep it moving, and with the amount of traffic we have the past year or so, besides the amount of upgrades I would need to do "under the hood" so to speak, to keep this all alive... the 10 anniversary seemed like a great time to maybe wrap this all up and move to the next venue. I feel that Dreams will be coming very soon and the natural progression of this site is to move out of the way and all of us join Dreamsverse. Why reinvent the wheel when the LBPC of Dreams is at Dreamsverse, with many of our friends already there?

Keep in mind that I don't take this decision at all lightly... and why I want this contest to be so cool. However, I would like to go back to the topic at hand being this contest rather than wax on about why this is probably the last contest on this site.

..if you would like to discuss it with me, do it on another thread or just send me a PM. I think we have more than enough threads on LBP and LBPC fading away at the moment. :)

mdkd99
11-26-2018, 09:11 PM
I've seen one entry so far. We'll see how many will join until the end of 2018.

I don't have too much knowledge outside of LBP, I have a small, limited budget and my internet connection is not always the best, but I definitely want to support this site. At least until it's really time.

koltonaugust
11-27-2018, 06:39 PM
I'm working on mine. Worst case, I pull a simple platformer together in 2 days if I'm falling too far behind.

mdkd99
11-28-2018, 10:36 AM
Well, anything goes. Go crazy, mate!

L-I-M-I
11-30-2018, 04:03 AM
I have an idea I’ve always wanted to do in lbp. Going to work on it a bit this weekend and cross my fingers I can finish before he deadline.

jwwphotos
11-30-2018, 09:03 PM
Me likey :)

mdkd99
12-01-2018, 08:10 AM
Just to let you know: Shared the contest again and it was retweeted by the official LBP account. Have fun creating!

Rpg Maker
12-02-2018, 03:19 PM
I've seen one entry so far. We'll see how many will join until the end of 2018.

I am guessing most entries will come mid December or later. There are a lot of holidays with the timeline of this contest.

mdkd99
12-02-2018, 05:03 PM
That could be how it plays out

ECHOSTAR3
12-05-2018, 02:22 AM
I will be posting an LBP.me link pretty soon, but even if you don't get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place will LBP Central leave feedback?

L-I-M-I
12-05-2018, 02:25 AM
I will be posting an LBP.me link pretty soon, but even if you don't get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place will LBP Central leave feedback?

awesome, can't wait to play it!

koltonaugust
12-05-2018, 03:29 PM

I don't think in the past LBP contests they leave feedback for any of the levels. I wouldn't expect it especially in this contest since the levels will probably be so different! I recommend posting your level in the level showcase and asking someone to review it there.

mdkd99
12-06-2018, 01:40 AM
The crew will play all the levels. You shouldn't expect a review from every crew member, but I personally will leave a review in LBP3.

Pookachoo
12-07-2018, 04:47 PM
I generally don’t leave reviews when I’m playing as a judge, however if anyone specifically wants a review, I would leave one after the contest in finished :)

ECHOSTAR3
12-09-2018, 07:09 PM
Alright, thanks for answering my question!:)

- - - - - - - - - -

awesome, can't wait to play it!

Thanks for the support:)

- - - - - - - - - -

Alright here's my level submission. It didn't re-upload it or anything, I just had to edit the name to say "(platformer)" at the end.

https://lbp.me/v/q3p0vvn/activity

- - - - - - - - - -

Hello, sorry I'm new here, and I have a question. I had recently uploaded my submission for this contest in this thread. I saw that one of the rules for this, was that you cannot submit a level that had been published before. Right after I published my level, I had added something into the title name, but after I did that it said that I had republished it. This is a completely new level of mine. Will this level submission still work for the contest?

fireblitz95
12-10-2018, 12:36 AM
Hello, sorry I'm new here, and I have a question. I had recently uploaded my submission for this contest in this thread. I saw that one of the rules for this, was that you cannot submit a level that had been published before. Right after I published my level, I had added something into the title name, but after I did that it said that I had republished it. This is a completely new level of mine. Will this level submission still work for the contest?

Don’t worry, it still counts. :)
You’re able to edit/rename the level all you want until after the deadline. :D

L-I-M-I
12-10-2018, 12:54 AM
Queued and since I am not a judge, but a hopeful competitor I will try to review it

ECHOSTAR3
12-10-2018, 02:32 AM
I'm sorry if all of my questions are getting annoying, I'm new here, and I don't mean to abuse this thread in any way. My question is different. One time I went into a dive in, in LBP3. The host was playing a glitch dlc level. At the score board I got a lot of dlc. I thought it was fake, and I never would intentionally play these levels, and I would never use that dlc that I haven't paid for, or earned. I saw this question earlier. "Q: What if the winner already has the crown? A: The 2nd place might get it." One of the glitch dlc's was the crown, and the cap. I can't use it, not only because I don't want to, but I have no real access to it because I have never downloaded the dlc. It's just idle in my poppit. If I get any of these winner places, will I end up having access to the same item that has been in my poppit? I assume so right? I still have never been able to use it anyway. By the way, I have never hacked, or abused Littlebigplanet. Please answer my question, thank you:)

mdkd99
12-10-2018, 08:52 AM
I personally would delete the items you don't have access to, to make sure LBP3 doesn't cause weird bugs.

Anyway, if you win you'll get the crown/cap. You just get access to the items if you already have them in the popit.
Continue creating!

Pookachoo
12-10-2018, 03:15 PM
I personally would delete the items you don't have access to, to make sure LBP3 doesn't cause weird bugs.

Anyway, if you win you'll get the crown/cap. You just get access to the items if you already have them in the popit.
Continue creating!

Yes, I would also recommend deleting those items to avoid them causing issues. And make sure you don’t have Sackbots wearing those items in any of your levels as that could cause you to get locked out of create mode later on.
But don’t worry, having those things in your Popit doesn’t affect your contest entry or make the judges think anythig bad about you ;)

Lbphart3
12-10-2018, 04:39 PM
Gonna be publishing my level for the contest soon :).

ECHOSTAR3
12-10-2018, 11:10 PM
Ok thank you answering my question. It was only a few dlc items in my costume poppet. I've had them for a little while now, and I've never interfered with them, and everything has been going fine. And thank you for answering my questions, I appreciate it:star:

jwwphotos
12-11-2018, 12:47 AM
Ok thank you answering my question. It was only a few dlc items in my costume poppet. I've had them for a little while now, and I've never interfered with them, and everything has been going fine. And thank you for answering my questions, I appreciate it:star:

If you have questions that are not related to this contest, please create a new thread in the Help section. This thread is for the contest.. If you want to reply to me, please send me a visitors message or a pm here in this forum.

Thanks!!

L-I-M-I
12-11-2018, 02:27 AM
There is one crown issue that is well known and unfortunately I am affected by it.

If you downloaded the crown from the psn store about 5 years ago while it was inadvertently free for everyone, you will not be able to have it even with a legit code. I can only where my crown in the vita version and maybe lbp2....

Lbphart3
12-12-2018, 01:29 PM
There is one crown issue that is well known and unfortunately I am affected by it.

If you downloaded the crown from the psn store about 5 years ago while it was inadvertently free for everyone, you will not be able to have it even with a legit code. I can only where my crown in the vita version and maybe lbp2....

:( I was worried about this you answered something I've wondered about for 5 years lol,As I got the crown from the store when it was available,You can wear the crown in Lbp 1 and if your lbp 3 starts up off line you can wear it on there to ;).

L-I-M-I
12-14-2018, 02:19 AM
:( I was worried about this you answered something I've wondered about for 5 years lol,As I got the crown from the store when it was available,You can wear the crown in Lbp 1 and if your lbp 3 starts up off line you can wear it on there to ;).

Mine worked in lbp3. Checked the other night. I do remember when I got it I couldn’t wear it cause I snagged it from the store as well. It might just be lbp2 :)

jwwphotos
12-14-2018, 12:08 PM
Seriously folks... back on topic please? I know it is dead here, but open a thread in the help forum for questions like these. :)

Please?

mdkd99
12-17-2018, 07:22 AM
So there's a user who isn't registered here and they don't plan to, but they want to participate in the contest. The creator finished the entry already. Is it a valid entry if he adds [LBPC16] to the level title?

CuriousSack
12-17-2018, 08:31 AM
I think in other LBP contests there has been the possibility, that creator who haven't been members of the forum, which organized the contest, nevertheless could participate. After all the motto of our contest is "Anything Goes". In the contest that I remember, one of the crew undertook the task of writing a note for the participants thread. In case of winning a prize we could use the PSN-account!

jwwphotos
12-17-2018, 11:03 AM
Why wouldn't someone wanting to enter a contest want to sign up or at least say hello? If it meant possibly missing a shot at winning?

Whatever... but I have to question the tenacity of said creator. lol

CuriousSack
12-17-2018, 03:05 PM
Maybe the creator is young and his parents didn't allow to join any internet forum or social network.

mdkd99
12-17-2018, 04:06 PM
Yeah I need to find out the creator's name. Who knows why he doesn't want to join now. We'll see.

XxVisioN6Sic6xX - That's his account on PSN. He plans to publish the level soon I guess. So, is it allowed to join without registering here? If not I'll text them about it and we'll see.

jwwphotos
12-18-2018, 10:36 AM
Did he just expect us to find his level and hope he is entered? Seems a bit more "all on us" rather than ensuring you are entered.

Up to you guys really. I guess I don't care, but I do find it a bit strange regardless. lol

CuriousSack
12-18-2018, 02:56 PM
To me the question is...do we want the contest to be an internal contest for lbpc forum members only or should it be a contest addressed to everybody outside in the lbp universe. I would prefer the second variety. Cause there are not so many active creators left in the forum and a lot of them are in the contest crew.

The name of the creator is XxVisioN6Sic6xX

I see no reason why to exclude him from participating. Thats my opinion!

Many greetings, Jürgen^^

CuriousSack
12-19-2018, 06:48 AM
HI ECHOSTAR3,

good luck for the contest, I'm looking forward to play your level! :)

Many greetings, Jürgen^^

fireblitz95
12-19-2018, 06:58 AM
I’m waiting for the deadline to play any entries, excited to see what everyone has to show! :love:

SNAKFRIEN
12-19-2018, 10:50 AM
Are there any rules against updating a level you submitted after the contest is over? Say I create something cool, but due to the deadline it didn't live up to its full potential. Would I be allowed to expand upon that level after the contest has ended? Currently the rules say you can't make changes after the deadline, suggesting you're never allowed to update the level you submit.

mdkd99
12-19-2018, 11:48 AM
That is true, you can edit the level title, description and tags, but not the level itself.

Don't know about the other crew members, but I personally would allow bugfixes, like if you can't finish the level and you found a way to fix it.

CuriousSack
12-19-2018, 01:04 PM
You can't edit the level after deadline til the results of the contest are published. When the winners are chosen you can edit the level however as you like it to show the full potential of your creation! :) Good luck and many greetings, Jürgen^^

Lbphart3
12-19-2018, 11:10 PM
I still need to finish my level it's about done I'm at the last part of it.:)

L-I-M-I
12-20-2018, 02:21 AM
You can't edit the level after deadline til the results of the contest are published. When the winners are chosen you can edit the level however as you like it to show the full potential of your creation! :) Good luck and many greetings, Jürgen^^

If it’s casual edits I would make a copy of it on your moon and have them judge the original. If it is game breaking, reach out to the judges in a private message and relay to them the issue and let them decide if you can update that issue and just that issue.

Please note I am a NOT a judge but a fellow contestant.

ECHOSTAR3
12-20-2018, 03:02 PM
Hello. So I saw that you cannot change the level until after the deadline. All I did was edit a couple of small things, and added a small new thing to level. Is my entry still valid?

mdkd99
12-20-2018, 05:13 PM
Which kinds of things? If it isn't bugfixes your entry might be disqualified., sorry.

L-I-M-I
12-20-2018, 10:12 PM
Hello. So I saw that you cannot change the level until after the deadline. All I did was edit a couple of small things, and added a small new thing to level. Is my entry still valid?

You can make all the changes your heart desires all the way up to the deadline. Once the deadline comes you technically cannot make any changes until the winner is announced or the judges state you can make changes. If the calendar reads 2018 make the changes, 2019 stop making changes.

mdkd99
12-21-2018, 04:21 AM
Huh, according to the rules we wrote you aren't allowed to publish after the deadline. So I guess if there's no other meaning by that rule, you can edit it.

CuriousSack
12-21-2018, 08:42 AM
Ok, lets bring it to the point once again! The deadline is the magical point! You can't publish an entry after deadline if you want to participate in the judging. The judging begins with the deadline, that means you are allowed to edit your published entry before deadline as often as necessary, but not after the deadline! Thats like writing a test at school! If the teacher has collected the papers already then you can't change anything or correct any mistakes anymore! Otherwise it would be unfair towards the other participants. When the judges have proclaimed the final results and the winners are chosen, then you can edit your level again if you want to! :)

jwwphotos
12-21-2018, 10:26 AM
Well that sure was a rollercoaster ride of confusion. lol

Yes, you may edit up to the deadline. That helps so others can help test it and squash bugs, up until the deadline. Then hands off. Be mindful of your timezone, but as long as it is published prior to 2019. ...you will be fine.

xxAlexInLbpxx
12-22-2018, 07:44 AM
Cuz his site isn't working I post it for XxVisioN6Sic6xX here is the entry for LBPC16 https://lbp.me/v/q3qx67e

CuriousSack
12-22-2018, 03:30 PM
Thanks a lot Alex, I will contact him on PSN soon to explain him how to use the functions of our forum. Have a Merry Christmas and many greetings, Jürgen^^

jwwphotos
12-22-2018, 11:22 PM
We've had a ton of bots attempting to sign up here.. and some folks may have been swept out in my mindless squishing of those said bots.

They can always send me a note if they are having issues.

ECHOSTAR3
12-23-2018, 08:35 PM
Ok here's my submission. This is my only submission

https://lbp.me/v/q3p0vvn/topreviews?p=1&l=12

CuriousSack
12-25-2018, 06:18 AM
Thanks a lot, ECHOSTAR3, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful time! :)

Many greetings, Jürgen^^

MofoSuperVillain
12-26-2018, 09:38 AM
I'll try to enter this contest.

CuriousSack
12-26-2018, 10:20 AM
That would be great, MofoSuper Villain! Still some time left! :)
Merry Christmas and good progress creating! :)

Many greetings, Jürgen^^

strshotaka
12-26-2018, 12:12 PM
Hello, I've published a level for this contest.
I'm glad attending LBPC contest.
PSNID : strsho
published level : (LBPC16) Technognosia
https://lbp.me/v/q3q3cfz/activity

CuriousSack
12-26-2018, 06:36 PM
Hi strshotaka,

fine that you've published an entry and I'm curious to play your level soon! Good luck for the contest and many greetings, Jürgen^^

MofoSuperVillain
12-28-2018, 08:05 AM
Here is my entry, it's published on PSN account: VilletteVillain

https://lbp.me/v/q3qdtdp

mdkd99
12-29-2018, 12:31 PM
Will check the entries soon. The deadline is fairly soon. Thanks for submitting!

jwwphotos
12-29-2018, 04:33 PM
Last few days before the deadline! Push on and get those entries in! :)

..as I sit in my comfy chair. lol

L-I-M-I
12-30-2018, 03:30 AM
Just for clarification. Is the deadline 12:01 am 12/31/18 or 11:59 pm am 12/31/18? Also, is it time zone limited, I.e. CST?

xxAlexInLbpxx
12-30-2018, 07:12 AM
Seems there are problems with login, waiting in the moderator queue! So I post the entry for my friend: makeimi https://lbp.me/v/q3q9k-7

jwwphotos
12-30-2018, 11:59 AM
lol.. he just signed up yesterday. He should be fine now.

makeimi
12-30-2018, 12:32 PM
Here we go! Just in Time!

Thanks to xxAlexInLbpxx for posting my level just to get sure I take part in the contest.

Here is my entry for the final contest (what a shame!):

https://lbp.me/v/q3q9k-7

Pookachoo
12-30-2018, 06:33 PM
Just for clarification. Is the deadline 12:01 am 12/31/18 or 11:59 pm am 12/31/18? Also, is it time zone limited, I.e. CST?

The deadline is 11:59 pm on the 31st, so you have to publish before the official new year ;)
Since we’re getting some last minute entries let’s make it Hawaii time, that way everyone who wants to can spend New Year’s Eve finishing up in their own time zones. Hawaii time is GMT -10

gurren009
12-30-2018, 07:27 PM
1 day left. Good luck!!!!

DigoKube
12-30-2018, 07:42 PM
Hey guys, just published my entry!

A Series of Awesome Misadventures! (LBPC16):

http://lbp.me/v/q3qq2f8/activity

Good luck to all contestants!

L-I-M-I
12-30-2018, 08:31 PM
Sorry to put the burden on you, How many hours are left on the timer lol?

jwwphotos
12-30-2018, 11:24 PM
..a bit over 34.5 hours? :p

xvision666
12-31-2018, 12:03 AM
Here is the link https://lbp.me/v/q3qx67e

Rangers-1
12-31-2018, 12:06 AM
I was just about to ask about the time zone, I'll humbly accept the Hawaii timezone if that is indeed for everyone haha! Working hard but my entry is coming!

Lbphart3
12-31-2018, 07:59 AM
I sadly don't think I'll have mine done,Good luck to every one :D.

L-I-M-I
12-31-2018, 08:52 AM
Mine is hot off the press and functional.

https://lbp.me/v/q3qrjkx/topreviews?p=1&l=12

Sorry to hear that hart :(

jwwphotos
12-31-2018, 01:44 PM
Final hours!! :)

..thankfully they are still sleeping in Hawaii. lol

Precipite2
12-31-2018, 05:46 PM
Here is my entry, Ascension. It was (in parts) inspired by the YouTube animator PilotRedSun. I hope you guys have fun playing it and wish you good luck in the contest! :)
Link: https://lbp.me/v/q3qstf2/activity

smash909
12-31-2018, 06:39 PM
Here is my link:
https://lbp.me/v/q3qt0ge

Muzlera
12-31-2018, 09:08 PM
Hi Guys. I just finished my LBPC16 entry. And I have to admit, I'm pretty proud of myself. It might not be my best work, but it conveys a positive message, and that's the most imposrtant thing to me.

https://lbp.me/v/q3qtgr2/activity

I hope you guys have a look!

Precipite2
12-31-2018, 09:11 PM
I just noticed a minor flaw in my entry regarding the music. It plays in parts it shouldn't, and that ruins the feel I tried to create for this level. Can I still fix it?

PhantomStrom
12-31-2018, 09:46 PM
here my Level for the Contest! ( PSN ID: PhantomStrom )

https://lbp.me/v/q3qtnp5/activity

good luck everyone one :)

EnochRoot
12-31-2018, 11:05 PM
here is my level for the contest! (psn ID: EnochRoot)

https://lbp.me/v/q3mwyb3/topreviews?p=1&l=12

LBPC16 All Gone Dreaming!

a non-competitive satirical look at where LBP is...enjoy the bugs, loading times and LBP3 beta glitches....last one playing turn the lights out, thank you!

Sackboy42
01-01-2019, 12:09 AM
My entry is a short teaser for an adventure level I plan to publish next year
Level: The Creators End Teaser

link: https://lbp.me/v/q3rv2wt/activity

gurren009
01-01-2019, 12:36 AM
I see everyone is trying to turn in their homework assignments at the last minute :D

Just messing with you all, haha! :p

L-I-M-I
01-01-2019, 01:12 AM
I see everyone is trying to turn in their homework assignments at the last minute :D

Just messing with you all, haha! :p

It is 4:10 pm in Hawaii right now :P. 8 hours to go, I think.... just enough time to break my level

SNAKFRIEN
01-01-2019, 06:05 AM
Here’s my entry:

https://lbp.me/v/q3rvt6w/activity

Happy New Year everyone! I’m going to bed.

fireblitz95
01-01-2019, 06:50 AM
Wow, lot of last minute entries! I can’t wait to play through these tomorrow when I wake up! :love:

Rangers-1
01-01-2019, 08:39 AM
Happy New Year from Hawaii! :p

Elite IV - Origins Demo (LBPC16): https://lbp.me/v/q3rwzxs/activity

Unfortunately due to the Christmas and New Year holidays it has been tough to finish my entry for the competition. I decided that instead of releasing the full game riddled with bugs and glitches, I would instead put out a short demo to at least showcase a working 25%. I knew I wouldn't stand a chance of getting into the top 3 with the buggy full game or the reduced demo but I wanted to at least participate considering I poured everything into this for almost 2 months. Sad that I couldn't finish in time but I hope you like what you see and I will prepare the full game for when the competition ends.

Good luck everyone! :D

Precipite2
01-01-2019, 09:49 AM
How did you manage to publish so fast?

SNAKFRIEN
01-01-2019, 03:45 PM
My level stopped working right after I published it because some of the tags I used in the level get censored. Yea, apparently that's a thing. Am I allowed to fix the issue?

For the record, the tags in question didn't contain any bad words. They were called InKart and assetSpikes.

mdkd99
01-01-2019, 04:46 PM
It's a bugfix, so I'd say if it prevents the level from somewhat working you get a go from me. What do the other crewmembers say?

Here are all the entries:
- dericobanjo - https://lbp.me/v/q3nxb18/activity
- echostar3 - https://lbp.me/v/q3p0vvn/activity
- strsho - https://lbp.me/v/q3q3cfz/activity
- mofosupervillain - https://lbp.me/v/q3qdtdp
- makeimi - https://lbp.me/v/q3q9k-7
- DigoKube - http://lbp.me/v/q3qq2f8/activity
- xxvision6sic6xx - https://lbp.me/v/q3qx67e
- l-i-m-i - https://lbp.me/v/q3qrjkx/topreviews?p=1&l=12
- precipite2 - https://lbp.me/v/q3qstf2/activity
- smash909 - https://lbp.me/v/q3qt0ge
- muzlera88 - https://lbp.me/v/q3qtgr2/activity
- phantomstrom - https://lbp.me/v/q3qtnp5/activity
- enochroot - https://lbp.me/v/q3mwyb3/topreviews?p=1&l=12
- agentcyclone42 - https://lbp.me/v/q3rv2wt/activity
- snakfrien - https://lbp.me/v/q3rvt6w/activity
- rangers-1 - https://lbp.me/v/q3rwzxs/activity

Pookachoo
01-01-2019, 05:49 PM
My level stopped working right after I published it because some of the tags I used in the level get censored. Yea, apparently that's a thing. Am I allowed to fix the issue?

For the record, the tags in question didn't contain any bad words. They were called InKart and assetSpikes.

The auto-censor incorrectly flags certain words, it can be confusing.
Yes, please go ahead and fix your tags :)

If anyone else has a necessary quick fix, please check with the contest crew before making changes.

Rangers-1
01-01-2019, 07:25 PM
I've been informed that my level can occasionally break at the character select screen it's hit and miss. Can I fix this and publish again?

- - - - - - - - - -

I've been informed that my level can occasionally break at the character select screen it's hit and miss. Can I fix this and publish again?

I fixed the problem now but I am waiting for the go ahead from one of the crew members before I re-publish. Let me know if it's okay, thanks guys!

mdkd99
01-01-2019, 07:55 PM
Yes, publish your bugfix.

Precipite2
01-01-2019, 08:48 PM
Can you give us a rough estimate to when you can declare the winner, or is that out of the blue?

CuriousSack
01-01-2019, 09:40 PM
Hi Precipite2,

its not easy to estimate the time that it will take to find the winner of the contest. The crew members want to judge each of the entries carefully. The judging process mostly requires to play a level several times, making notes and comparisions in different categories. Thats a time-consuming process. We have sixteen entries! The crew tries to find the results as quick as possible and as slow as necessary. From my experience I would say that we probably will need about 4 to 6 weeks.

Many greetings, Jürgen^^

Sackboy42
01-02-2019, 01:40 AM
The level i made has been un-buged feel free to check it out now
-Some content had to be changed or removed to repair level error

Link: https://lbp.me/v/q3rv2wt/activity

Also i published this yesterday i don't know why it says it was published on January 1??

- - - - - - - - - -

Just fixed my level now so now it should work properly

L-I-M-I
01-03-2019, 03:19 AM
Good luck everyone and best wishes to all.

mdkd99
01-03-2019, 04:00 AM
Applying bugfixes that make your level playable/certain parts of your level playable is allowed.

I'm going to be assuming that it'll take roughly 2-4 weeks to get the results out. Just my guess though.

jwwphotos
01-03-2019, 11:22 PM
Looks like a nice number of entries!!! :)

Thanks so much for all the participation in this last blast everyone! Really has been a fun ride here and what better way to cap it off with a phenomenal bunch of entries!!

Now for the judging. Should we judge the judges? Maybe whip up a contest for them?! Least number of deaths per level? Most interesting costume while judging? Total number of pies consumed during the judging? lol

Nah... I wouldn't do that to them. Sounded funny though. lol

Good luck everyone!! I am hoping to check them out myself this weekend. Not that I have a vote, but really excited to see what all you've been up to!! :)

mdkd99
01-04-2019, 01:47 PM
Cakes and costumes sound nice. But I guess some of us don't have that much time on our hands unfortunately (ay not me, I have plenty ^^)

jwwphotos
01-05-2019, 01:56 PM
I dunno... the deaths per level, per judge, could be some interesting stats. lol

In fact... maybe an honorary mention for the level that kills the judges the most!! :p

mdkd99
01-06-2019, 12:56 AM
I agree. When I record the levels later on today I'll count the deaths I had when I look at the footage again.

Pookachoo
01-17-2019, 06:24 PM
Just letting everyone know - we are playing the levels and really enjoying the work put into them, and taking our time to reach a careful decision :love:

jwwphotos
01-17-2019, 09:50 PM
From what I have played, I am indeed impressed!! Thanks so much for all these great entries. I think this is going to be quite a challenge for the judges. That in itself makes me quite proud and happy. Thanks again!! :)

L-I-M-I
02-08-2019, 04:28 AM
Dreams beta is over, everyone get back to work lol :P

Good luck to everyone and thank you for hosting another contest

Sackboy42
02-11-2019, 03:52 PM
I don't have a strong expectation to win but at least i finally took the courage to enter one at least. I'm very impressed though; i never thought i get over 77 plays and 10 hearts on my entry and for me that means a lot; so thank you all for playing it and hope to give more on this project very soon ^_^

https://lbp.me/v/q3rv2wt/activity

- - - - - - - - - -

By the way has the winner been anounced yet?

CuriousSack
02-11-2019, 04:23 PM
Hi sackboy42,

its been fine that you've participated with your entry. The story behind your teaser level is rather promising and I hope that soon there will be more about it! :) The winner hasn't been announced yet, but the contest crew is rather close to it! :)

Many greetings, Jürgen^^

Pookachoo
02-11-2019, 05:47 PM
This has turned out to be a difficult contest to judge, a lot of good work :)