BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Printz Diaries

Printz Diaries Development & Updates

1. Printz Diaries Shocker: People actually Like it!

I published the Prologue on Tuesday night, and I've spent the majority of my playtime addicted to my recent activity ever since!

LBP.me Link

I'm amazed. Truly, utterly amazed at the reaction that our little movie has had. Hubby and I couldn't be more thrilled. Playcount isn't everything - but seeing our creation receive so many kind compliments has been a major boost for us during a pretty stressful week.

Thanks so much to everyone who's supported me ...
    Tags: printz, published
    Categories
    Printz Diaries
  2. Theatrical Musings

Hubby and I have been continuing work on music sequencing the Prologue reboot today. Everything's coming along slowly, but it's all working out perfectly.

Music sequencing aside, the whole layout of the level in general is just so much improved. It's really strange going back to the original level to take objects out, and having to wade through a single mile-long sequencer (Yup. ONE sequencer! ...
    Tags: music, printz
    Categories
    Printz Diaries
  3. LBP Move Pack details: Delaying production further!

Even though I'm still reworking script and puzzle elements for the Printz Diaries, after reading the details of the LBP2 Move pack, I'm seriously considering holding back any fruther creating until I can play with the Movinator and Move cursors. I can't help but feel that a Point and Click adventure with the Move cursor would be so much more intuitive than having a tutorial for controls - simple, move, click, move click.

Perhaps I'll even get a set up which involves dragging collectable ...

Updated 06-24-2011 at 02:54 PM by rialrees

Tags: move, printz
    Categories
    Printz Diaries
  4. Would you believe it? I'm starting over . . .

Well after completing two linked levels, and testing them to within an inch of their life, the PSN downtime threw its next hurdle at me. My PS3 died, and I bought a new slim - I had backups of all levels ready to roll, but no DLC, so creation would have to wait.

Funny thing about waiting, it makes you think. And the more I thought about things, I figured that platformer/puzzler really might not be the best theme for this game. So I scrapped both completed levels, and I'm now in the ...

Updated 06-24-2011 at 02:54 PM by rialrees

Categories
    Printz Diaries
  5. Finally! On to some major logic!

The first half of World 1 is complete and in playtesting, now I'm starting work on the second half (Scripting & ordering puzzle logic)

As I've mentioned before, the second half is a sort of monkey-island-esque fetch and bring puzzle, involving the dwarves from Snow White. To make your way through the cave you have to satisfy each and every dwarf, who will give you an item or a clue to please another dwarf. When all are happy, you should be able to get through.

There's ...

Updated 06-24-2011 at 02:55 PM by rialrees

Categories
    Printz Diaries
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast