BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Creation Diary/ Music Composing Diary

In my blog I will describe the creating process of my new music projects!

1. "Do you fear Death?!" - your choice, please!

I had the compass menu and the side menu, there have been all songs, and lots of fishes, next step has been the intro! Many creators do the intro not before the level is finished but because I had already published the menu for testing by friends, I thought that it would be time for the intro. Doing intros is funny because you can use all your fantasy and have nearly no limitations. I wanted to have some decoration like corals, I wanted it also to be an underwater scene, and I wanted a hint that ...

Updated 04-29-2014 at 10:12 AM by CuriousSack

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. "Do you fear Death?!" - do you like fish?

As you might have noticed in my last post, there has been a fish in the menu! Watching the compass while listening to a song seemed a little bit boring to me, so I had the idea that there could be some tropical fishes swimming around while listening to the songs! I took the two basic fishes out of the creatures menu and painted them! Omg! This has been so much fun! I nearly couldn't stop creating different sorts of tropical fishes!

Updated 05-12-2014 at 02:34 PM by CuriousSack

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. "Do you fear Death?!" - first testing by friends

After the compass and the side menu have been done, I published it to get tested by some friends (thanks a lot! ) My friends gave me a lot of valuable ideas to improve the menu!
    (Main point has been that the chosen font for the text wasn't easy to read! And that the controls have been unaccustomed) So I tried to find some more fitting font, but in vain! Then I decided to make my own font! Finally I found a fan made font similar to the original font out of the movie! Perfect! This font became ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. "Do you fear Death?!" - logical rampancy

After the compass was done I elaborated the idea how the compass should function! In the movie the compass points to the direction where the things are that we are wanting most! Sometimes the compass seems to act randomly, especially when Jack Sparrow doesn't really know what he wants! So I decided that the choice of the music titles should also seem to be randomly, so I built a randomizer with a selector ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. "Do you fear Death?" - the first ideas get a shape

Examining the material fitting to the "Pirates of the Caribbean" themed idea, I found the compass! Perfect!! 16 arrows pointing to the different directions...I had 18 songs! So I splitted my songs into 16 song plus two bonus songs! Perfect!!

Now I needed a mechanism to use the compass for choosing the title and activating the musicsequencers! My solution has been a rotating sticker panel ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast