BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Entries 11-20

1. My 20th blog entry

I made it up to 20 blogs now. I'm not trying to spam to get to 100 blogs or more, but I'm keeping track of how many blogs I write.

Here's what this month is: June. Today was a beautiful day wherever I live, and June is always the first month of summer.

Updated 09-04-2012 at 09:29 PM by Apple2012

Categories
    Entries 11-20
  2. Level Building Tips - Part 4: Games

I am back with the last ten rules. I'm pretty disappointed that almost nobody read my last blog because somebody else posted above me, making it almost impossible for people to read my tips, but on the other hand, I have the last of the rules. Like always, there are things that you shouldn't do, things that you should do, things that have a recommendation, and things that don't matter. The last rules are:

1. The requirements for making a game are: a controlinator, a score giver, microchip,

Updated 09-04-2012 at 09:29 PM by Apple2012

Categories
    Entries 11-20
  3. Level Building Tips - Part 3: Tools

I have a few more rules on level building, but this time, it's about using the tools (gadgets, gameplay elements etc.) Like I said on the last two blogs, some things should never be done, some things should always be done, some things are recommended to be done, and other things are okay as it makes no difference. Here's today's rules:

1. Your level should at least have a few switches or sensors. Activating contraptions will make your level better, especially when you work on a platformer.
    2. You

Updated 09-04-2012 at 09:28 PM by Apple2012

Categories
    Entries 11-20
  4. Level Building Tips - Part 2: Features

I am back with ten more rules on level building, but today, it's about the parts of your level. I've been inspired by a level that tells you what you should make and what you shouldn't make. Like I said, there are some things you should never do, things you should always do, things that are recommended that you do, and things that are okay to do. Here are the rules for today:

1. Use a specific feature only once at one section, but it doesn't have to be once throughout the entire level.

Updated 09-04-2012 at 09:28 PM by Apple2012

Categories
    Entries 11-20
  5. Level Building Tips - Part 1: Copyright and Creativity

For the next few days, I'm going to give you some rules about level building. A lot of you already know about this, but just to let the kids know about if they read my blog, I'll make a few entries. I'm going to put up a few rules for every section, and failure to follow any of these rules won't make you bad, but it will result into having a mediocre or bad level.

Today, I'll be talking about creativity on level making. There are some things you should never do, things you should ...

Updated 09-04-2012 at 09:27 PM by Apple2012

Categories
    Entries 11-20
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast