BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Various Nonsensicals

I ramble about stuff, go on tangents, give anecdotes, make references, and have opinions about things.

Enjoy.

1. Random Interpretations: H.R. Pufnstuf

H.R. Pufnstuf is a Sid and Marty Krofft show with a short run but a long life. All 17 episodes were and still are syndicated for so long that they were a part of my childhood more than 20 years after their creation (along with other Krofft productions). The premise is given right in its lengthy expositional opening. A boy named Jimmy, played by The Artful Dodger himself Jack Wild, has a magical golden talking flute named Freddy. ...

Updated 09-25-2015 at 11:22 PM by xxMATEOSxx

Categories
    Random Interpretations
  2. Unnecessarily Ranking: Gelatin Dessert

When I say gelatin dessert, I am referring to what, at least in the U.S, we call “jello.” Let’s not call it that in order to help prevent the further degradation of Jell-O’s trademark into a generic name.
    (I wonder how long this plan will last.)

This picture might come in handy later.

Basically, it’s little cups or bowls of colored sugary goo made at home simply by adding water to powder followed ...

Updated 09-29-2015 at 08:49 PM by xxMATEOSxx

Categories
    Unnecessarily Ranking
  3. Unearthing the Archives: Hunt for Harry

Context:

Once upon a time, I wrote some stuff. Most of it was for school and, likewise, most of it was probably terrible. I say probably because I hadn’t actually seen a lot of it since then. Until recently that is. I have stumbled across a couple of the ones that I actually did in my spare time saved on a flash drive. Rather than let them metaphorically rot for another few years, I thought, "Hey, let’s release them to the world."

I apologize in advance.

Updated 09-23-2015 at 04:54 PM by xxMATEOSxx

Categories
    Unearthing the Archives
  4. Yu Yu Hakusho - A Retrospective

Before buying the season sets, I had not seen Yu Yu Hakusho en masse since its run on Toonami. I had seen a few episodes since then, but this is the first time I got to actually sit and watch them in order from start to finish. I didn’t marathon it, but I did finish off in a couple of months or so. In a world where a 4:3 set of Dragonball Z is really expensive, it’s nice to know this series exists.

If you haven’t seen it, it’s worth a watch. Assuming of course you are into action ...

Updated 09-20-2015 at 03:21 AM by xxMATEOSxx

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Giving This a Try

01-29-2009

Apparently, that is the date that I joined LBPC. That makes for five years on this site.
    Wow does that not feel correct.

It doesn’t help that I was not exactly active here for the vast majority of that time. Even now, I wouldn’t exactly say it is so. After all reader, are you here because you know me from my oh so numerous escapades around the site, or because you happen to stop by? Either way, congratulations, you win an anecdote. And a cookie. ...

Updated 09-15-2015 at 02:58 AM by xxMATEOSxx

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3