BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Life In The Sticks

Rants and comments about country life and trying to find balance between life and LBP

1. Trying to Catch my breath

Been such a busy week. My daughter was showing her heifer(cow to you city folk) in Ft. Worth and we spent the week preparing for that and then the show itself. She ended up getting 3rd in her class, so that was good. She did really well. Here she is training the cow how to stand correctly.

LBP Related

I didn't have too much time to mess with create, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Home at Last

Finally got home from Washington state Wednesday night. It was a pretty good trip. I was relieved that it was less of rush rush rush than it normally is. For the most part we just stayed around the house. Plus, I'm a winter wuss and can't stand the cold so I mostly hung out by the fireplace and made sure we had plenty of wood. We took the kids to a few places, I already talked about the bounce place. One day we went further up into the mountains in search of snow, and boy did we find it. We took ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Toothless Wonder

So one of my 5 year olds (I have two, twins) comes to me and says, "Daddy, can you pull this tooth out?" I tell her, "No, it's not loose enough yet." She comes back a few minutes later and says, "Nevermind, I pulled it myself." and hands me her tooth! Little monkey. My oldest one would always be a baby about it. The tooth would be so loose it would barely be hanging on and leaning all the way sideways and I'd have to hold her down to pull it out. This little girl is pulling teeth herself!

Updated 12-28-2011 at 04:51 PM by biorogue

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Yuletide Happenings

Still here in Washington state. It's been cold and drizzly, big surprise there. I really thought we may get some snow here, but I guess not. We had our big dinner on Christmas Eve so that the kids could have Christmas day, all day, to revel in the joy of Christmas. Instead of having them get up, open gifts, clean up and start getting ready for dinner. We had about 30 people over and 8 kids, all under six years old, well except my oldest, who is 15. It went well.

I went shopping a ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Holiday Travels

Well, we're headed to Seattle, Washington tomorrow. Still have a lot to do before we go. Got to get feed for the animals and make sure the person we have taking care of them is squared away on what to do. Got to get the house buttoned up and still got to finish packing! Hopefully the trip will go ok and we get rest some. Highly unlikely but I can dream. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast