BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Logic Blog

switchGeek Logic Masterclasses!

1. Analogue Logic 1 - Fundamentals

Ana.logue Signal Processing
    Binary's for n00bs foo'!!!

Part 1 - Concepts and Fundamentals

I’ve decided to kick off Logic Blog 2.0 with our first steps into the world of analogue (or ana.logue in-game because yes, sensible words are still filtered in LBP2, *sigh*) logic. Analogue signal processing is the non-obvious side of LBP2 logic and whilst most creators with some experience with LBP1 logic are going to be comfortable with the digital ...

Updated 10-06-2010 at 08:51 PM by rtm223

Categories
    Logic Blog
  2. Emitter Blocking Theory

Emitter Theory
    It's Like a Logic blog, but without the Logic!

- Part 1 -
    - Emitter Blocking -

Emitters are actually awesome. Unbelievably so. Despite how much I love winches, I think it's pretty fair to say that I love emitters more. I do still prefer wenches to either, but that's very much beside the point... Emitters have taken a lot of flak for so many reasons; some of them unjustified ("emitters kill the thermo" ...

Updated 03-30-2010 at 11:07 AM by rtm223

Categories
    Logic Blog
  3. Waste Not, Want Not: Part 3

Waste Not, Want Not:
    Resource Sharing for Thermofficiency!

- Part 3 -

Today is the last day of Waste Not, Want not and, of course, I've saved the very best until last, as today we look at Implied Logic.

Implied logic is a term I made up, mostly because I thought it was a cool name for a cool concept I'm not going to explicitly define it as it covers a very broad range of techniques and ideas - far more in fact than I can conver ...

Updated 01-23-2010 at 03:09 PM by rtm223

Categories
    Logic Blog
  4. Waste Not, Want Not: Part 2

Waste Not, Want Not:

- Part 2 -

1. Input Sharing

This week is going to be all about shared inputs in logic networks. It's a really useful technique and has the potential to save a fair bit of thermo in the right circumstances. The idea is that often a signal in a logic network will input to multiple devices. In this case, it can be beneficial to construct our logic in such a way that we ...

Updated 12-18-2009 at 11:44 AM by rtm223

Categories
    Logic Blog
  5. Waste Not, Want Not: Part 1

Waste Not, Want Not:

- Part 1 -

1. Roadmap for the Next Month
    Last week I brought out those winch-based AND and OR gates (again ) and said "these are the most thermo efficient in the game". To my knowledge this is true, but it's a very, very short-sighted statement. If all you want is an AND or an OR in isolation then they're awesome, but very rarely do I use logic gates on their own. ...

Updated 12-18-2009 at 11:45 AM by rtm223

Categories
    Logic Blog
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast