BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Logic Blog

1. Analogue Logic 5 - Division & Multiplication

Analogue Signal Processing
    Go Forth & Multiply

Part 5 - Multiplication, Division & More

Last entry we looked at scaling as our first stab at approaching multiplication in the analogue domain. However, the scaling techniques presented were relatively limited - for upscaling we were limited to fixed integer values, and downscaling was limited to certain signals only. We then took what appeared to be a massive detour into the world of sampling of signals ...
    Categories
    Logic Blog
  2. Analogue Logic 4 - Basics of Sampling & Scaling

Analogue Signal Processing
    Divide and Conquer

Part 4 - Basics of Scaling & Sampling

Yeah.... So I forgot to write an intro. No one cares about my intros anyway, right? Exactly. Today has the basics of sampling and scaling, but not in that order. Go:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.0. Basic Scaling

Just to clarify, when ...

Updated 11-25-2010 at 03:39 PM by rtm223

Categories
    Logic Blog
  3. Analogue Logic 3 - DAC & ADC

Ana.logue Signal Processing
    Preaching to the Converted

Part 3 - Dealing with Signal Duality - Conversion Techniques

Well, it's come to my attention that binary is, in fact, not just for n00bs, despite what my blog may have said a couple of weeks ago. Digital systems are actually bloody useful and quite fantastic. You see, this world of analogue signal processing may well be relatively spangly and new and it can do a whole bunch of stuff ...

Updated 10-27-2010 at 09:27 AM by rtm223

Categories
    Logic Blog
  4. Analogue Logic 2 - Sorting & Addition

All Your Sums Are Belong To Us

Part 2 - Sorting and Addition

Analogue processing is all about arithmetic - carrying out mathematical operations of numbers in a continuous spectrum. Last installment we briefly (heh) covered the basic processing units provided by the in-game tools. These boil down to
    • min(),
    • max(),
    • subtraction,
    • inversion,
    • integration.

This isn't really a very wide toolset ...

Updated 12-31-2010 at 03:08 PM by rtm223

Categories
    Logic Blog
  5. Analogue Logic - Notation

Supplemental Note - Notation

As we progress onwards, it's becoming clear to me that I need a set of terms and shorthands that I can use to concisely and unambiguously convey what I'm talking about. So much like when I did for digital systems, I've distilled out some concepts from real-world techy-type stuff into a kind of notation to use for the analogue aspects of the Logic Blog. These will likely be the standards as I move forwards, which ...

Updated 10-11-2010 at 10:18 AM by rtm223

Categories
    Logic Blog , Mini Logic Blog
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast