BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Blog Comments

agreed, i prefer cheddar myself
    That's why you don't buy swiss cheese.
    I totally agree with you Burnvictim. I've been using a certain technique that works fairly well... Only use a few different materials for the entire level, then when you're done, go back and change some materials here and there, plus sticker stuff up, until the thermo won't let you anymore. The thermometer seems to allow a huge level, as long as you don't go crazy with the amount of different materials. Also, like you alluded to, planning ahead is key! I like when levels make sense rather than just one big melting pot of jumbled up ideas. I actually blogged about that recently (storytelling).

However, a while ago I had an idea for a Prince of Persia remake. Basically, you'd play through this desolate land until you reach a 'healing' spot (just like in the most recent prince game), and once you 'heal' the land, everything changes into a lush, bubble filled environment. Well, let's just say that it was too much for me to take on, and it turned out terrible, .... and yet I still published it .. not sure why?

Keep at it!
    Updated 09-13-2009 at 08:21 PM by Powershifter
    Oh, i'm still going to build a level Rarely will i make something only to give up on it. But i thought it was interesting how things evolve from original planning.
    Yep, I planned out an uber new object (Not going to say what) but then i tried to get it to work and it all failed

I'm still going to make that object though...
    Go for it Burnvictim42!

I agree with swanbrown that a blog does not have to be meaningful or relevant. It is your chance to spout (hopefully in an entertaining way!) about whatever takes your fancy. I mean – oopy goopy sauce and how best to eat chocolate covered raisins – not exactly hot topics on everybody’s lips but great blog entries.

Oh BTW gald to see someone else agrees about the best way to write hilightnotes’ name!
    Don't give up, kid! Nice Potter reference, there.
    I have to say i like your opinion about having an opinion Except shouldn't it be "ME HAVE OPINION!"?
    @ Swanbrown ... LOL
    I agree.
    This Blogging Busines is pretty cool! it's like my own personal little Soap-box puppet-show.
    When ever I feel like it, I can climb up and shout "HEY, I HAVE AN OPINION!" to my heart's content