Watermill Valley by jump_button
LittleBigPlanet is both evolutionary and revolutionary. It set a completely new standard for community-created content on the console, and won countless awards in the process. It's gathered the attention of gamers and developers alike, impressing all who are lucky enough to play it. Now that the PS3 has dropped in price, this Game of the Year edition of LittleBigPlanet couldn't make more sense. This is essentially a re-release of LittleBigPlanet - a way for the newcomers to the world of Playstation to dive in to the deep community that LittleBigPlanet offers in a way that just isn't possible with the original LittleBigPlanet. For $60.00, you get the original LittleBigPlanet, every major DLC pack that has been released thus far, "over a dozen" costumes, and bonus community-created levels. Lets go over each of these extras in more detail, shall we? (click through for the rest!)
Steampunk Samurai by gevurah22
We've already reviewed LittleBigPlanet, but for those of you who don't own it, we'll go over some of the key reasons why you should stop reading this review and just go buy it already:
- A fantastic set of 50 story levels, which serve as a fun way to get started with the game and helpful inspiration when you decide to start using the Create mode. Not only that, but by playing through the Story mode, you can unlock a huge number of materials, stickers, objects, decorations, and costumes. Many of these are handed to you, while some of them require extra platforming skill or a few friends in order to claim them for yourself.
- Over a million user-created levels. Obviously not all of these are amazing, but any LittleBigPlanet fan will tell you that there are tons upon tons of fun levels to play if you know how to find them. For example, LBPCentral's Level Showcase and Cool Levels pages are great ways to find new, high-quality levels to play.
- A robust Creation mode which provides you with the same tools Media Molecule used to create the 50 story levels.
- Consistent DLC. This may sound gimmicky, but Media Molecule knows how to provide substantial content. If you have any doubts, take a look at The Monster Kit, The History Kit, and The Metal Gear Solid Pack, all of which are included in LittleBigPlanet GOTY Edition.
Mighty Mite LBP8 Little Big Mountain Mission by rz22g
You're still here? You should be in line with a copy of LittleBigPlanet Game of the Year Edition in your hand. Why aren't you?
- The Monster Kit, The History Kit, and The Metal Gear Solid Pack which (altogether) add 5 new story levels, two "gallery" levels, new game upgrades (such as the Paintinator), 26 objects, 22 materials, 49 decorations, 308 stickers, 3 backgrounds, lots of new music (both interactive and standard), and tons of new sounds. It may sound like a bunch of numbers, but trust me - when you're creating in LittleBigPlanet, you want options, and this really helps start off newcomers on the right foot.
- Four new costume packs: Animals Costumes (not including the Motorstorm Costume), Monster Costumes, History Costumes, and Metal Gear Solid Pack Costumes. Each pack contains 4 costumes, which means you get a whopping 16 new costumes to dress up your Sackboy with.
- As an added bonus, if you buy a copy soon you are guaranteed exclusive access into the ModNation Racers Online Beta. For more information on ModNation Racers, visit ModNation.com. If you're looking for a ModNation Racers fansite, we've already got one set up! Be sure to visit us at MNRCentral.com.
The Tumblerizer by Nuclearfish
Eighteen Exclusive Community Levels
What do we have to say to convince you? Isn't all that new DLC enough to be worth picking up a copy? No? Fine:
Sony and Media Molecule have enlisted the help of eighteen of LittleBigPlanet's best Creators, so you're getting the cream of the crop in terms of quality and fun. All of these levels are exclusive to the GOTY edition, so currently the only way you can play them is by buying the GOTY edition or hoping a friend picks it up and lets you play the new levels with them. Each level also has a video interview with its creator, so you can gain some insight into some of the best Creators LittleBigPlanet has to offer before you play their levels for yourself. This is probably the best part of the GOTY edition, as it shows newcomers exactly what the community is capable of and will help convince some to get started with Creation themselves.
Until The Cows Come Home by geosautus
Let me make this clear: If you currently own LittleBigPlanet, this new copy is likely not worth your money. You can buy the DLC separately, and if you can find a friend with the GOTY edition, you can play the bonus community-created levels with them regardless of whether or not you own them yourself. However, if you don't own LittleBigPlanet and you have even the slightest interest in the game, go pick up LittleBigPlanet: Game of the Year Edition. There really is no better way to finally get involved with this amazing game and its community.
So? What are you waiting for? Go buy it!