BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

• LBPCentral Logic Pack!

The official LBPCentral Logic Pack is finally here! The LBPCentral Logic Pack is a three-tiered pack of LittleBigPlanet logic, designed and tested by some of the best Creators LittleBigPlanet has to offer. With an introduction, three huge content levels, and nine tutorials (each complete with their own individual companion level), this pack is the definitive LittleBigPlanet logic collection.

The tutorials for these packs are kept as threads exclusively on LBPCentral. To access these tutorials, head to the the matching Overview thread for the pack you're currently working on and find the links to the tutorials near the bottom. Each Overview thread contains a basic, well, overview of the content offered in that pack, including a summary of the logic included and links to each tutorial.Regardless of your Creative skill level, the Logic Pack will help you to clearly and easily understand how logic works and, more importantly, how to use it in your own levels. Excited to check it out? Simply search @LogicPack using the in-game search function and you'll be brought directly to the Logic Pack levels!

For full details on what the Logic Pack is, click through for the rest of the article!

What's the purpose of the Logic Pack?
    The Logic Pack was designed as a tool to bridge the gap between those who don't understand logic and those who do. We've noticed that gap isn't closing any faster than it was when LittleBigPlanet initially launched, so we're hoping to help by offering up a standard set of logic tools for Creators to use in their own levels.

What does the Logic Pack have to offer?
    In order to bridge the gap between Creators, we've included lots of content, most of which is designed specifically for a certain skill level. The Logic Pack comes with:

• Three main logic "packs": a Beginner Pack, an Intermediate Pack, and an Advanced Pack. Each pack contains a different set of logic aimed at a different Creative skill level. All of the logic is designed to be simple, useful, and thermo-efficient.
    • A demonstration level for each pack of logic, complete with individual demos for each logic tool.
    • A copyable "Logic Vault" for each pack, so that the player can store the logic on their moon for retrieval online or offline.
    • Three in-depth tutorials for each pack, complete with screenshots and a copyable companion level for each tutorial. That means nine total tutorials. Each tutorial can take anywhere from thirty minutes to two or more hours to complete, depending on the difficulty level.

Why not just wait until Mm releases an official Logic Pack?
    Media Molecule has no plans to officially produce any logic-related content, now or any time in the future. The tools Creators have been able to design without official support are phenomenal, and the fact that they're designed with the in-game tools means they're also endlessly customizable. However, just to reassure you, Media Molecule has played the Logic Pack, and they love it so much that they've helped to promote it for us. If you'd like to read what they think, just read what they have to say in their official Logic Pack announcement article.

How do I get my hands on it?
    As mentioned earlier, you can access this content simply by searching @LogicPack using the in-game search function. The tutorials, however, are hosted exclusively on LBPCentral - you won't find them anywhere else!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: LBPCentral Logic Pack! started by ConfusedCartman View original post
    Comments 70 Comments
      unXpectiD -
      the psp is handling it well so far!
      ps i know this because i am helping to make the psp logic pack.
      SooparSak -
      Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedCartman View Post

The official LBPCentral Logic Pack is finally here! The LBPCentral Logic Pack is a three-tiered pack of LittleBigPlanet logic, designed and tested by some of the best Creators LittleBigPlanet has to offer. With an introduction, three huge content levels, and nine tutorials (each complete with their own individual companion level), this pack is the definitive LittleBigPlanet logic collection.

The tutorials for these packs are kept as threads exclusively on LBPCentral. To access these tutorials, head to the the matching Overview thread for the pack you're currently working on and find the links to the tutorials near the bottom. Each Overview thread contains a basic, well, overview of the content offered in that pack, including a summary of the logic included and links to each tutorial.Regardless of your Creative skill level, the Logic Pack will help you to clearly and easily understand how logic works and, more importantly, how to use it in your own levels. Excited to check it out? Simply search @LogicPack using the in-game search function and you'll be brought directly to the Logic Pack levels!

For full details on what the Logic Pack is, click through for the rest of the article!

What's the purpose of the Logic Pack?
      The Logic Pack was designed as a tool to bridge the gap between those who don't understand logic and those who do. We've noticed that gap isn't closing any faster than it was when LittleBigPlanet initially launched, so we're hoping to help by offering up a standard set of logic tools for Creators to use in their own levels.

What does the Logic Pack have to offer?
      In order to bridge the gap between Creators, we've included lots of content, most of which is designed specifically for a certain skill level. The Logic Pack comes with:

• Three main logic "packs": a Beginner Pack, an Intermediate Pack, and an Advanced Pack. Each pack contains a different set of logic aimed at a different Creative skill level. All of the logic is designed to be simple, useful, and thermo-efficient.
      • A demonstration level for each pack of logic, complete with individual demos for each logic tool.
      • A copyable "Logic Vault" for each pack, so that the player can store the logic on their moon for retrieval online or offline.
      • Three in-depth tutorials for each pack, complete with screenshots and a copyable companion level for each tutorial. That means nine total tutorials. Each tutorial can take anywhere from thirty minutes to two or more hours to complete, depending on the difficulty level.

Why not just wait until Mm releases an official Logic Pack?
      Media Molecule has no plans to officially produce any logic-related content, now or any time in the future. The tools Creators have been able to design without official support are phenomenal, and the fact that they're designed with the in-game tools means they're also endlessly customizable. However, just to reassure you, Media Molecule has played the Logic Pack, and they love it so much that they've helped to promote it for us. If you'd like to read what they think, just read what they have to say in their official Logic Pack announcement article.

How do I get my hands on it?
      As mentioned earlier, you can access this content simply by searching @LogicPack using the in-game search function. The tutorials, however, are hosted exclusively on LBPCentral - you won't find them anywhere else!
      So, this is for PSP and PS3...right?
      Alec -
      Quote Originally Posted by SooparSak View Post
      So, this is for PSP and PS3...right?
      Nope, only PS3. But there's an un-official one for PSP over here
      EinRobot -
      This is great guys. I am sure this has allowed many people (like me) to get so much more out of create mode. I am just wondering, will lbp2 change the relevance of all this stuff I have just learned about? Maybe you all could do a sequel... Logic Pack Ver.2 Electric Boogaloo
      rtm223 -
      The question's been asked several times.

The relevance of how to create individual logic devices (AND gates OR gates etc.) out of pistons etc will go out of the window, yes. But there is a lot more to it than that and the ability to design systems etc. will absolutely transfer over to LBP2.

Very little chance of a logic pack 2 at the moment. I'll most likely be reviving my logic blog if I can find the time, but that will be kept strictly at the more esoteric level (I hope)
      dohethan -
      awesome guys
      DrHorrible -
      I still use this in LBP2 because I am still learning the new create mode XD
      zay916 -
      Thanks alot guys, the tutorials taught me everything I know about logic. I don't have LBP2, so I've been working on a direct control pod similar to the controllinator. It has two directions that are hooked up to your "3-Way Control Switch", a grab switch, and a camera. I just finished it, and if you wanna check out just let me know. Thanks again!
      Bremnen -
      Le bumped?

Oh well, as long as it's bumped...

I think a new logic pack would be helpful for lbp2. Even if it's just explaining sackbots and uses for the new switches.
      And just to not sound like i'm trying to give other people extra work, I volunteer to help, if it ever happens.
      Pippin555 -
      Awesome! it made my creating life much easier.