BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

• LBPCentral Logic Pack!

The official LBPCentral Logic Pack is finally here! The LBPCentral Logic Pack is a three-tiered pack of LittleBigPlanet logic, designed and tested by some of the best Creators LittleBigPlanet has to offer. With an introduction, three huge content levels, and nine tutorials (each complete with their own individual companion level), this pack is the definitive LittleBigPlanet logic collection.

The tutorials for these packs are kept as threads exclusively on LBPCentral. To access these tutorials, head to the the matching Overview thread for the pack you're currently working on and find the links to the tutorials near the bottom. Each Overview thread contains a basic, well, overview of the content offered in that pack, including a summary of the logic included and links to each tutorial.Regardless of your Creative skill level, the Logic Pack will help you to clearly and easily understand how logic works and, more importantly, how to use it in your own levels. Excited to check it out? Simply search @LogicPack using the in-game search function and you'll be brought directly to the Logic Pack levels!

For full details on what the Logic Pack is, click through for the rest of the article!

What's the purpose of the Logic Pack?
    The Logic Pack was designed as a tool to bridge the gap between those who don't understand logic and those who do. We've noticed that gap isn't closing any faster than it was when LittleBigPlanet initially launched, so we're hoping to help by offering up a standard set of logic tools for Creators to use in their own levels.

What does the Logic Pack have to offer?
    In order to bridge the gap between Creators, we've included lots of content, most of which is designed specifically for a certain skill level. The Logic Pack comes with:

• Three main logic "packs": a Beginner Pack, an Intermediate Pack, and an Advanced Pack. Each pack contains a different set of logic aimed at a different Creative skill level. All of the logic is designed to be simple, useful, and thermo-efficient.
    • A demonstration level for each pack of logic, complete with individual demos for each logic tool.
    • A copyable "Logic Vault" for each pack, so that the player can store the logic on their moon for retrieval online or offline.
    • Three in-depth tutorials for each pack, complete with screenshots and a copyable companion level for each tutorial. That means nine total tutorials. Each tutorial can take anywhere from thirty minutes to two or more hours to complete, depending on the difficulty level.

Why not just wait until Mm releases an official Logic Pack?
    Media Molecule has no plans to officially produce any logic-related content, now or any time in the future. The tools Creators have been able to design without official support are phenomenal, and the fact that they're designed with the in-game tools means they're also endlessly customizable. However, just to reassure you, Media Molecule has played the Logic Pack, and they love it so much that they've helped to promote it for us. If you'd like to read what they think, just read what they have to say in their official Logic Pack announcement article.

How do I get my hands on it?
    As mentioned earlier, you can access this content simply by searching @LogicPack using the in-game search function. The tutorials, however, are hosted exclusively on LBPCentral - you won't find them anywhere else!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: LBPCentral Logic Pack! started by ConfusedCartman View original post
    Comments 70 Comments
      bonty -
      Really Good. It will help me with my new levels coming up.

Keep up the good work!
      SuperSacky -
      Hey Hi Logic
      Kern -
      Erm... *walks away*

Off topic, My Predictive text uses RTM than it does "erm"
      RoseScythe -
      And obviously more than it uses "more"

Any plans to expand or update the logic pack with incremental bolts, low thermo toggles, set-resets etc?
      comphermc -
      Not really. It took a lot out of those involved. It was fun, but we have moved on. If someone is truly involved with learning more logic, then we hope they can find their way here, where the resources are available.

That's not to say it won't happen someday...
      CyberSora -
      Great job guys (wish my PS3 was back, though). Oh, and this has got to be the MOST Thanked thread ever!
      rtm223 -
      Quote Originally Posted by KernelM View Post
      Off topic, My Predictive text uses RTM than it does "erm"
      But erm and rtm don't use the same buttons on predictive text.....
      Incinerator22 -
      But it doesn't seem like it would take more than an hour at most to just swap the toggle and set-reset...
      comphermc -
      This is true, but it's entirely CC's call. The levels are on his account, and he is the individual behind the PSN Logic Pack.
      ConfusedCartman -
      Quote Originally Posted by Incinerator22 View Post
      But it doesn't seem like it would take more than an hour at most to just swap the toggle and set-reset...
      We have no plans to modify the Logic Pack from here on out. As with most interactive content that is released, we don't want to change anything significant about the Pack. At most, we'd go in and fix a bug, but if we ever wanted to do anything new with Logic we would prefer to start fresh. We currently have no plans to add on to the Pack in any way - we think it's pretty solid in terms of features and stability, and we'd rather sit back and watch Creators benefit from it.
      Deviantgeek -
      What about making a RTM-level logic pack? We could finally understand his gibberish that i can barely understand. (Thats a compliment RTM. It rare when i don't understand things for more that an hour.)
      Incinerator22 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedCartman View Post
      We have no plans to modify the Logic Pack from here on out. As with most interactive content that is released, we don't want to change anything significant about the Pack. At most, we'd go in and fix a bug, but if we ever wanted to do anything new with Logic we would prefer to start fresh. We currently have no plans to add on to the Pack in any way - we think it's pretty solid in terms of features and stability, and we'd rather sit back and watch Creators benefit from it.
      But it's not add-ons... It's improvements to pre-existing switches. Creators are being given switches that could be much better. Just a swap with the new low-thermo toggle and set-reset would be easy and beneficial to everyone.
      rtm223 -
      But both of those devices are nowhere near as user friendly as the ones in the logic pack, in the sense that the mechanics of them are moderately difficult to understand and do require explanation. If you notice, one of the primary things about the logic pack is that it didn't take the line of "here's a switch, go use it", but also deliberately did not include the devices that would require complex technical knowledge, or in depth technical discussion to comprehend.

To simply drop in some bonus stuff at the end would be very much half-arsed, and I don't think that's really what the logic pack is about.

As comphermc says, if people find their way here, they will find their way to the rest of the technical resources available

@deviantGeek: I'm not sure there's a gibberish filter in existance that's powerful enough for me
      Incinerator22 -
      The winch-based toggle is simpler. It's easier to make and connects wires to too. And if you need to explain how it works, why not add an extra magic mouth? But really, it doesn't matter why it works, so much as how to make it, which is much simpler than something with inverted switches and emmiters.

And the set-reset: That's even simpler.

But why is "how the switches work" such a big issue, when some of the switches, like the notched wheel, don't even explain how they work?
      CCubbage -
      The important thing to remember is, there was a LOT of discussion in the private Logic Pack thread during the development, discussing which switches and techniques would be used for the pack. After quite a bit of discussion, it is what it is - and it serves its purpose. Each piece that was included had quite a bit of discussion behind it.

But, as everyone else mentioned - it isn't an end-all-be-all. Even during development, it was obvious there were different ways to accomplish things, as well as additional logic pieces that weren't included.
      Incinerator22 -
      But the set-reset and toggle and incremental bolts are new discoveries.
      comphermc -
      Share them with the world for us, Incin.
      applepod124 -
      Quick question, who designed the logic pack levels? they look good, and are very detailed.
      CyberSora -
      Why the great members of LBPCentral of course!

Well to be specific, quite a few people made it. These include comphermc, rtm223, and ConfusedCartman (I believe). You need to check out the thread/forum to find out.

http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...ck!#post330956
      comphermc -
      Don't forget mrsupercomputer and CCubbage!