BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

• Itís on: Mm vs. Harmonix in the Developer Showdown.

Voting for the first round of the Escapistís March Mayhem Developerís Showdown 2010 begins today. Itís a chance for the public to vote for their favourite developers. A chance to show the world who truly has the biggest and most persuadable fan base. A chance for The Escapist to treble their readership. But most of all, itís an all out horrible teeth-gnashing bloody battle to the death to see who will actually bother voting, and who is the BEST DEVELOPER EVAR.

We are committed to victory. There is a very slim chance of achieving that victory, itís basically a suicide mission, and that is why we have chosen YOU to fight for us whilst we hang out behind the lines drinking tea.

Now is the time people! Sign up and vote for us, the true underdogs of this war. Do your duty and vote, vote, vote for Molecule! Iíll lead the charge! The 900 billion people who own Rock Band wonít even know whatís hit Ďem!

Oooooh!

Vote Molecule!

Note that you need to sign up for an account at The Escapist to vote. 

This article was originally published in forum thread: Itís on: Mm vs. Harmonix in the Developer Showdown. started by Spaff_Molecule View original post
    Comments 62 Comments
      Pantyer2 -
      Seeing as though 100 sumthing people are online, we might have a chance, let's hope they see this thread!
      javi haguse -
      My vote is in... but we're losing so far :/
      MMLgamer -
      Well, I tried to log into the escapist page to vote for Mm because now that it's a first party company, it has a legitimate excuse for playing console favoritism. However, for some reason I couldn't log in. It stumped me for a fraction of a second before I remembered: I didn't register for escapist magazine because I couldn't care less about their kook opinions. Oh well.
      Doopz -
      I think CC should make it so you can't log in to LBPC until you vote for MM . Lol, I'm joking.... Or am I?

EDIT: D: the link doesn't work.
      TheJollyRajah -
      And if we vote, we get a free crown. Right Spaff?! :P

In all seriousness, I'm going to vote MM because I have never played a game as long as I've played LittleBigPlanet. It's given me much more than the $60+ dollars I've payed. I won't stop playing until they disconnect the servers.

And, MM seems to care immensely for it's community. For that, I respect you guys. Long live MM!
      AJnKnox -
      Cant vote the link isnt working
      Morgana25 -
      I voted Go MM!
      Doopz -
      OK, I voted . So, what's in it for us?
      GreyMRP -
      Oh crab apples. The registration link they sent me isn't working. :c Curse you, servers! CURSE YOUUUUUU!
      cdubb024 -
      I'm trying to vote.. their server is busted. I guess we are crashing it pretty hard. last I saw it was 13 - 4 for Mm. Woo-hoo!!!
      Astrosimi -
      At first I was totally terrified between the mkaers of LBP and the makers of The BEATLES Rock Band.

But as I listen to the Beatles as I type, I realize... they've been putting off Beatles DLC Albums. For the last 4 months.

MM, you have my vote.
      Doopz -
      Now I think about it I'm not sure my vote was counted, does it come up with anything like "your vote has been counted"? Because it didn't with me...
      Astrosimi -
      Harmonix is winning by about 30%. I hope MM makes a comeback.
      monstahr -
      i was reading the post and for some reason believed that it would say something like 'so to persuade you, we've released this hella sweet new DLC! surprise!' but no. voting 4 harmonix b/c gitar hero rox!!
      Doopz -
      Is it against the rules to make multiple accounts? .
      bakscratch -
      Hint Hint Future dlc hint hint
      Shhabbazz -
      awesome drawing lol
      CyberSora -
      So... you got the goods Mm, cause my vote ain't cheap.

Just kidding. We a gonna win for sure. Sure they got the overly populated 900 billion Rock Band users, but we got something they don't... a walking sock!
      Doopz -
      Quote Originally Posted by CyberSora View Post
      Just kidding. We a gonna win for sure. Sure they got the overly populated 900 billion Rock Band users, but we got something they don't... a walking sock!
      We also have the power to communicate with everyone who plays LBP, through the cool pages. Start spamming "Vote for MM" levels into the community folks.
      Sehvenē -
      Man, choosing between lbp and rock band is a tough call. They both have been keeping quality dlc coming and not over-pricing it. I'm totally hooked on lbp and I've spent more time playing it than any five games, but rock band is awesome and I love to break it out for parties and stuff.

Ah, screw it. Gonna' vote for lbp.

[edit]
      Quote Originally Posted by Doopz479 View Post
      We also have the power to communicate with everyone who plays LBP, through the cool pages. Start spamming "Vote for MM" levels into the community folks.
      Did you really just suggest adding MORE crap levels to all the h4h's and bomb survivals? That does it: I'm voting for Harmonix now.

Ok, not really, but still.