BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

• LittleBigPlanet 2 quasi confirmed - will feature Electronic music

Electronic artist Chris "Ochre" Leary confirmed a LittleBigPlanet sequel yesterday when he mistakenly tweeted that one of his tracks will be included in the new game. Although Sony attempted to kill the spread of the rumor by having Leary remove the tweet, the news spread like wildfire to various gaming sites (Kotaku included) before the damage control was in full effect.

According to IGN, the song rumored to be included in the new sequel is Infotain Me. It sounds like nothing that's been included in LittleBigPlanet thus far, but it still definitely seems like it would be a good fit for a LittleBigPlanet game.

Sony was likely planning to announce the sequel sometime this year, probably at or before E3, so keep your eyes out for new information about this over the coming months.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: LittleBigPlanet 2 quasi confirmed - will feature Electronic music started by ConfusedCartman View original post
    Comments 221 Comments
      Jedi_1993 -
      So much DLC for the current game though!
      I really hope that at least some of it will be transferable, even if it is not the MGS/PotC packs. (I am assuming water will be on the disk)

Then again, is this truly a sequel, it was a tweet by a musician. How do we know that it wasn't really for a new music pack or something?
      I mean, my parents still think that PotC pack is a sequel!
      Smelling-Cowboy -
      maybe there will be a totaly diffrent gameplay and are all our creations useless.......
      Blackfalcon -
      That's a very strange song. o.0 And I'm not mad on a sequel.

Alec -
      Quote Originally Posted by Smelling-Cowboy View Post
      maybe there will be a totaly diffrent gameplay and are all our creations useless.......
      Exactly what I thought, and think of all dlc we bought
      Splash -
      Quote Originally Posted by DarkFray View Post
      Personally I think that the song Drink Malk would fit better as a new LBP song.

I always knew there would be a LBP2. And honestly, I can't wait! I just really hope they allow you to keep all the previous DLC and Content, or otherwise make the game like...$30.00, because new DLC really makes the game expensive.
      Mindblown, get his whole album on the game.
      piggabling -
      Well, if it connects with the first, then that only makes it soooo much better. Either way, it will surely be great and I can't wait for it!

Just think of how many members will return here when it comes out! I can't wait! I hope all of us who are here now will stick around until then...
      OneEyedBanshee -
      That's an interesting point there about game play alteration and how it effects current levels. I personally haven't witnessed it but have heard about updates that broke peoples levels they made early on. That could be a reason for making a sequel I suppose, if the kind of alterations they try to make ruin all the levels maybe making a brand new game would be the easiest move. I personally don't want that to happen. The sequel should be backwards compatible with the current LBP if it's being made that is. I really hope it gets revealed soon and we get the details on what the story is with our content. That's my biggest concern for now. That song is so good!
      shiftydoggy1 -
      i don't know when it gonna be released, hope there's ice back in lbp2 because before there were use to be an ice tool in lbp, if you don't beleave me, watch this:<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RcpOpwOQ7Bc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RcpOpwOQ7Bc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
      piggabling -
      I really do hope the new motion controller is not needed. I just feel it would make the game feel cheaper and I wouldn't like it as much I believe...
      shiftydoggy1 -
      Quote Originally Posted by piggabling View Post
      I really do hope the new motion controller is not needed. I just feel it would make the game feel cheaper and I wouldn't like it as much I believe...
      yh, but it be really cool if there you move things around in create without popit cursor. but i don't like these sort
      piggabling -
      Quote Originally Posted by shiftydoggy1 View Post
      yh, but it be really cool if there is one so you move things around in create without popit. but i don't like these sort
      Yeah, I take half of my comment back. I would like it to be optional while creating. If used right, it could make some things in create mode a lot easier. I just would prefer it not to be part of the levels you play. It would divide the community because only a certain amount of players would have the controller; which means only a limited amount of people could play the levels that require it.
      Leather-Monkey -
      But... but... but...

What about Playstation Move? And... Web Portal and... Other stuff! I thought LBP 1 had loads more things on the horizon! Ahh, I'm already calling it LBP 1, like it's old hat. D:
      SPONGMONKEY56 -
      Well, I just hope that it's a DLC. It better be, cause all my stuff on LBP will be lost otherwise.
      Plasmavore -
      Hmmmm.. I'm up for the expansion pack idea; with just new story modes, Move functionality, objects, stickers etc.
      I think it's too soon for an LBP2. :/
      talbot-trembler -
      Quote Originally Posted by plasmavore View Post
      Hmmmm.. I'm up for the expansion pack idea; with just new story modes, Move functionality, objects, stickers etc.
      That would be the best idea, infact... I would love that! I've been dreaming of new "original" levels from Mm, not just DLC.
      blizzard_cool -
      Has my thread that I made before this been deleted because it was posted before this topic? I'm not mad just asking where the other topic went
      Gravel -
      So... where taking some electronic music artist's word for it? Talk about jumping to conclusions... This guy is hardly a bankable source... for all he knows his song could have been picked up for the latest music pak 2!!!!
      piggabling -
      Quote Originally Posted by plasmavore View Post
      But the fact is; mostly it's only the people here on this site that would go for that because we still see what the first one has to offer. Others around the globe would not even know it was released and, if they did, the would think "Hmmm... has to do with the first one, it's not worth it." Sony would also want to bring in more money by having new people buying the product and Mm would have more, loyal fans. Going out to buy the first one, just to get the new expansion doesn't sound reasonable to me.

To us, including me, the expansion sounds like a good idea, but I'd rather see a new one. Just because...
      Pitcard -
      WOAWWW

This is kinda hilarious, and exciting. I'm a big fan of Ochre! He's got some incredible compositions, and this absolutely epic Zelda Medley remix
      http://soundcloud.com/ochre/zelda-rmx
      worth a listen for any Zelda fans.

Anyway, I've gotten tired of LBP a long time ago... I just don't have any motivation to delve into that world again. It saps waaaay too much creative energy, and I've become more focussed on making my own music and art.
      I will however be looking out for LBP 2. I might have to get it, if the reviews are looking good
      Weretigr -
      *crosses fingers PLEASE just be an expansion pack! I hate having a cool game, only to have it replaced by something else =( most of the community will split up!!
      And i don't have enough [read: any] money to get another game!! =(
      Mm how could you?!!

unless of course it IS just an expansion pack.. in which case, ROCK ON!!!

but i doubt it =( people don't often call an expansion pack "[game title} 2" or 3 etc... =(

Quote Originally Posted by Gravel View Post
      So... we're taking some electronic music artist's word for it? Talk about jumping to conclusions... This guy is hardly a bankable source... for all he knows his song could have been picked up for the latest music pack 2!!!!
      Actually, that would make sense... a new music pack seems very likely... I hope to god it's true!!

Oh, and i just thought, there must be some form of content carry over if the new game is coming... I doubt Mm would release new game packs and costumes, only for them to be rendered almost obsolete with a new game...