BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

• LittleBigPlanet 2 quasi confirmed - will feature Electronic music

Electronic artist Chris "Ochre" Leary confirmed a LittleBigPlanet sequel yesterday when he mistakenly tweeted that one of his tracks will be included in the new game. Although Sony attempted to kill the spread of the rumor by having Leary remove the tweet, the news spread like wildfire to various gaming sites (Kotaku included) before the damage control was in full effect.

According to IGN, the song rumored to be included in the new sequel is Infotain Me. It sounds like nothing that's been included in LittleBigPlanet thus far, but it still definitely seems like it would be a good fit for a LittleBigPlanet game.

Sony was likely planning to announce the sequel sometime this year, probably at or before E3, so keep your eyes out for new information about this over the coming months.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: LittleBigPlanet 2 quasi confirmed - will feature Electronic music started by ConfusedCartman View original post
    Comments 221 Comments
      JspOt -
      In my view, it will be a separate game- but you get to transfer LBP 1 data to 2.
      FlipMeister -
      Hang on, remember that Sackcast went to MM? Maybe they know something we don't... Although they aren't allowed to say anything, so...
      Shredator -
      Whatever it is, I'm hoping for something substantial for us music people (not more level music, that's useless). Seriously MM, I'm under the assumption that you're actually working on something and not ignoring us, but my hopes are becoming less verified...

I can't imagine them making the mistake of not having DLC supported for #2, it would simply kill the game. One thing is sure though- if it is indeed a 2nd, disk based game, LBP will have gotten the last of its DLC. Really, I wouldn't blame MM for a disk-based sequel. If it is happening, it's undoubtedly part of the Sony marriage agreement for profit opportunities. I just can't see Sony content will the meager profits of DLC or the lack of apparent progress of one of the PS3's most successful exclusives, from a gaming community perspective.
      NinjaMicWZ -
      I wouldn't mind if 2 was just quadruple the thermometer, non glitch dependant layer, fully integrated new features out the wazoo, and just functioning with LBP1 levels that transfer over but really only take a 1/4 therm and memory for processing. More detail, more onscreen complexity, more nuance etc possible. Since we can DL games now, I don't see why LBP2 couldn't be on disc AND available on PSN, especially if it was a 40 level expansion and some super game changing codework (doubtful though).

On more mainstream boards, their main concern is changing the platforming mechanics, but for us creators, all we're worried about is familiarity and being able to bring along our old memories.

I have a question for all your loyal, long time superstars... will you make the jump immediately and adopt whatever 2 brings, and if it's vastly different will you opt to go with the newer flashier 2, or put energy into both?

I hardly knew ye.
      Shadowcrazy -
      well just because it comes out as a disc...doesnt mean its guaranteed to NOT support DLC

if you are fans of dragon age and have purchased awakenings...you know it came out in BOTH CD AAAAND DOWNLOAD...and they both let you carry over SOME DLC and some others werent supported...the others that werent supported could be for other reasons unknown

point being that if LBP2 could be an expansion pack and be disc and download...then support the dlc and everything would be fine
      TripleTremelo -
      I really don't think a musician's tweets confirms a true sequel to LBP. Obviously MM said they'd never do this (at least not on PS3) and it could just be an expansion pack or something.

I know LBP's been out for awhile, but if a sequel came out this year it'd feel too soon. I'd rather wait for PS4 to get a sequel...
      gevurah22 -
      I'm loving the denial factor some of you guys are going through, lol.
      jump_button -
      Quote Originally Posted by donkey show View Post
      I'm loving the denial factor some of you guys are going through, lol.
      we find out next week right? as long as somthing i saw is right
      Plasmavore -
      Quote Originally Posted by CyberSora View Post
      A lot of LBP GOTY buyers are gonna be pretty ticked off.
      Oh yeah! I forgot about the Europe GOTY..
      I think the fact that this has just been brought out sort of proves that there won't be an LBP2 out soon. This year at least IMO.
      PaddyJ -
      Don't mind if new ones made, just want backwards compatibility. Hope it's not motion controller. Just a gimmick tbh D: and can't be bothered paying extra 100 quid just for another LBP D:
      moonwire -
      Ahh, if LBP 2 comes out, my immediate response will be

Personally, I don't care if it is DLC or a new disk.
      If not adapting all the community levels on LBP over to the LBP2 will be available, then I'd hope they would add a feature that you, if you want, will be able to load a level from your moon in LBP2 and then enter it into your own LBP2 moon, so you will still have it, and be able to publish it.
      Weretigr -
      Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMicWZ View Post
      I wouldn't mind if 2 was just quadruple the thermometer, non glitch dependant layer, fully integrated new features out the wazoo, and just functioning with LBP1 levels that transfer over but really only take a 1/4 therm and memory for processing. More detail, more onscreen complexity, more nuance etc possible. Since we can DL games now, I don't see why LBP2 couldn't be on disc AND available on PSN, especially if it was a 40 level expansion and some super game changing codework (doubtful though).

On more mainstream boards, their main concern is changing the platforming mechanics, but for us creators, all we're worried about is familiarity and being able to bring along our old memories.

I have a question for all your loyal, long time superstars... will you make the jump immediately and adopt whatever 2 brings, and if it's vastly different will you opt to go with the newer flashier 2, or put energy into both?

I hardly knew ye.
      They can't make the thermometer any bigger or the levels will cease to run smoothly! The servers just won't be able to cope with it, so that won't happen...

And you won't be able to put your own music in due to copyright issues.

Finally, i'm sure you can use DLC from the first LBP because they have released a few packs recently! Incredibles and Sonic for example...
      But of course, there is still the idea that it's an expansion pack, like one big DLC thing, that's so big they HAVE to put it on a disc...

I'm hoping for that last one

Also, i would like to see more pod customisation, I'd like to be able to make a tardis out of mine
      And maybe a character customisation as detailed as the one in ModNation Racers.
      Blackfalcon -
      I really hope the DLC will transfer, or at least that stuff like the paintinator and water will come with the sequel.

Holguin86 -
      Anyone thought of the possibility that LBP2 might not be a side-scroller? That you could actually use it to create completely immersive 3D levels? If so, LBP1 data might not be transferrable.
      Jrange378 -
      I dont see why everybodies pants are in a bunch, I think that they will do something to let us access lbp levels in the new one. It will have a ton of new content plus tons more people playing lbp again.
      Vacant_Face -
      I am not sure how I feel about this. Will we be able to import all of the stuff (stickers, materials) that we unlocked or bought into this next game from the first? I hope so...
      TheJollyRajah -
      Electronic music! It sounds ridiculously awesome. I hope they include more!!!

There are so many things I'd want out of LittleBigPlanet 2. People are scared to move on because things may be erased, but I'm all for the change. If all of our stats and levels are erased, it lets new people rise into the spotlight.

They should definitely fix how sackboy controls. He feels too floaty and slow. Also, an actual music editing tool for composing real music would definitely make my day. Custom music in levels would turn from a gimmick to a must! I would have so much fun just doing requests for other people, I probably wouldn't bother making my own levels.
      moonwire -
      Quote Originally Posted by Holguin86 View Post
      Anyone thought of the possibility that LBP2 might not be a side-scroller? That you could actually use it to create completely immersive 3D levels? If so, LBP1 data might not be transferrable.
      That thought have actually struck me! I wonder how that would work, since then creating would be a lot harder... If anyone here has been in forge mode in Halo, making something is almost always a complete mess, there is no grid mode that I know about there that can help you.
      piggabling -
      I would not want 3D creation whatsoever. My only additions to create mode would include:
      1. Another thick layer
      2. Another thin layer
      3. Official support of the 3D glitch. (It would make it easier to create the 3D effect, basically put it as an option in create mode. Remove from glitch status)
      4. More materials
      5. More gameplay objects!
      6. More stickers, decorations, and all the other stuff

If Mm would do that for a sequel, and make the game compatible with the first, then it would be a winner in my mind
      TheBlackKnight22 -
      Just a new thing I thought up, why would they be making a sequel really?
      Game of the year came out, those people would be very angry.
      Mm said themselves they would never create a sequel any time soon, they said it would be incredibly stupid of them.
      They probably know it would very well split the community in half.
      Playstation move is coming out pretty soon, so they probably spent a good time on that, instead of working on a so called LBP2.
      Whatever they could do, they could do it through DLC. Make a ginormous level pack. Make a whole new mechanic if you want, you can do it through updates.
      So whatya guys think? I personally would HATE a LBP2.