BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

• LittleBigPlanet 2 quasi confirmed - will feature Electronic music

Electronic artist Chris "Ochre" Leary confirmed a LittleBigPlanet sequel yesterday when he mistakenly tweeted that one of his tracks will be included in the new game. Although Sony attempted to kill the spread of the rumor by having Leary remove the tweet, the news spread like wildfire to various gaming sites (Kotaku included) before the damage control was in full effect.

According to IGN, the song rumored to be included in the new sequel is Infotain Me. It sounds like nothing that's been included in LittleBigPlanet thus far, but it still definitely seems like it would be a good fit for a LittleBigPlanet game.

Sony was likely planning to announce the sequel sometime this year, probably at or before E3, so keep your eyes out for new information about this over the coming months.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: LittleBigPlanet 2 quasi confirmed - will feature Electronic music started by ConfusedCartman View original post
    Comments 221 Comments
      RJA00000 -
      I was actually hoping that there would NOT be a sequel, or not for a very long time that is. Why? Because the original is still going strong and does not look to be dying out any time soon.
      piggabling -
      It would only split the community if they don't tie it in with the first; which I'm sure they will do.
      chezhead -
      They have to tie in the other community, but if there are new gameplay elements, they can't...
      This is sad, but not surprising.
      Actually, I may not get this one, it depends on what's new.
      Do like the song, however!
      kirbyman62 -
      I knew this would happen

Thanks Sony...

Oh well, looks like this will be on my Christmas list. It's just annoying because I really don't feel it's nessecary, anything this sequal could provide coulde be added in updates/DLC (unless they announce a HUGE change like what you see in this.
      X-FROGBOY-X -
      Quote Originally Posted by Awesomemans View Post
      I think a lot of us are making a big deal out of this for nothing. I don't think it's LBP2. Maybe it's music for the Move DLC.
      This guy's got it! I also doubt they'd make a sequel to LBP, there's no point in it, only for things that aren't really needed or CAN be acheived by with future dlc.
      Bloo_boy -
      I dont really know i feel towards this lol :P i just hope we can somehow import our stuff etc...other than i think its a good idea, i hope they dont remove the 3D .
      Silver39 -
      Maybe this is what I've been waiting for. Maybe not buying LBP1 was worth it so I didn't have to waste money on buying both versions.
      Blackfalcon -
      Quote Originally Posted by TheJollyRajah View Post
      Also, an actual music editing tool for composing real music would definitely make my day. Custom music in levels would turn from a gimmick to a must! I would have so much fun just doing requests for other people, I probably wouldn't bother making my own levels.
      That would be great, but it's unfeasible for copyright reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ontom View Post
      Mm said themselves they would never create a sequel any time soon, they said it would be incredibly stupid of them.
      That was before Sony bought their company. I'm positive Sony are pressuring MM into a sequel for the sake of a profit.

Jrange378 -
      Im just gloing to trust Mm to handle the sequel well. They wont do anything stupid.
      JakePutz -
      I heard there was a Heavy Rain level pack comming, maybe it has something to do with that?
      Weretigr -
      Actually... How many games have been kept a secret for ages instead of being given loads of hype? For example Bad Company 2 and assassins creed 2?
      I think this will either be one dlc or a disc based dlc type thing
      napero7 -
      Maybe they will announce on E3 that it will come out on 21st of december 2012... And when someone tries to play it... "something wonderful happens, it forms a black hole..."
      Or maybe not
      ConfusedCartman -
      Now that the news is out and everyone has had a chance to comment, I just want to leave a few of my thoughts on this:

Mm originally promised that no matter what they did with the game, they would make sure to keep the community together. Everything that Mm has said and done thus far backs up that promise. I understand the worry that a new game might split the community, but Mm is smart enough to know that they'd be losing a big chunk of their user base if they cleaved the community in half with the release of a new game. Based on all of that and based on the conversations I've had with them over the years, I'm confident they'll make sure they find a way to introduce a sequel without destroying the existing community.
      Dexiro -
      Gawd i'm as hyped as ever just by listening to that track... it's amazing!!

Since LBP1 has dried up completly for me i'm really not as bothered by this as i thought i would be. Change whatever you want, just make it quick because i need to play it
      TheBlackKnight22 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Silver39 View Post
      Maybe this is what I've been waiting for. Maybe not buying LBP1 was worth it so I didn't have to waste money on buying both versions.
      Wait.... you DONT have LBP?????!?!?!?!?!!!!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! Y do you have a LBPC membership if you don't have LBP!??!??!?!
      Shadowcrazy -
      glad to see CC has put out his thoughts on this matter...gives my mind ease to know that LBP2 will still keep us as tight as an LBP family can be and now i look foward to the new game
      qrtda235566 -
      Anyway, just because they're licensing music doesn't mean that LBP2 is coming out any time soon. This LBP Move level has no music. I understand that it could just be a demo level and won't be on the DLC, but I doubt it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-0Gkq85bqg
      Silver39 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ontom View Post
      Wait.... you DONT have LBP?????!?!?!?!?!!!!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! Y do you have a LBPC membership if you don't have LBP!??!??!?!
      Because I have the PSP version. Maybe you should read my sig first, just a thought.
      piggabling -
      Quote Originally Posted by napero7 View Post
      Maybe they will announce on E3 that it will come out on 21st of december 2012... And when someone tries to play it... "something wonderful happens, it forms a black hole..."
      Or maybe not
      Great... Right on my birthday!
      Silver39 -
      ^Wow, that's bad luck, I guess the Mayans knew Piggabling was going to be born at that date, so they decided to ruin your life. Or it's just a coincidence.