BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

• LittleBigPlanet 2 quasi confirmed - will feature Electronic music

Electronic artist Chris "Ochre" Leary confirmed a LittleBigPlanet sequel yesterday when he mistakenly tweeted that one of his tracks will be included in the new game. Although Sony attempted to kill the spread of the rumor by having Leary remove the tweet, the news spread like wildfire to various gaming sites (Kotaku included) before the damage control was in full effect.

According to IGN, the song rumored to be included in the new sequel is Infotain Me. It sounds like nothing that's been included in LittleBigPlanet thus far, but it still definitely seems like it would be a good fit for a LittleBigPlanet game.

Sony was likely planning to announce the sequel sometime this year, probably at or before E3, so keep your eyes out for new information about this over the coming months.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: LittleBigPlanet 2 quasi confirmed - will feature Electronic music started by ConfusedCartman View original post
    Comments 221 Comments
      Alec -
      Noooooo, so it was true
      I think I'm gonna cry
      RockSauron -
      Kinda disappointed since I feel that LBP1 hasn't reached it's full potential yet, but really shouldn't be surprised.

I just hope that it links to LBP1, so you'd be able to play LBP1 levels using a LBP2 disc, so all the millions now of levels will still be able to be used. Please let that happen.

Either way, can't elaly say i'm surprised.
      jump_button -
      you got the wrong song its Infotain me here

Kotaku all way sliping up, Kotaku should cut & paste off NeoGAF <_< they always do next time lol
      GreyMRP -
      Sounds like a new tutorials song I just hope we'll actually be able to use it in our levels!
      Alec -
      Quote Originally Posted by GreyMRP View Post
      Sounds like a new tutorials song I just hope we'll actually be able to use it in our levels!
      Yeah, Mm didn't give us the tutorial song "My Advice"
      ConfusedCartman -
      Quote Originally Posted by jump_button View Post
      you got the wrong song its Infotain me here

Kotaku all way sliping up, Kotaku should cut & paste off NeoGAF <_< they always do next time lol
      They just included that song as an example - I couldn't find any solid information about which song was used. I'll update the post with this song, but if you could get me a source to link to, that would be great.
      Coxy224 -
      Well I can't complain - but I really hope it adds more layers and/or motion.

I'm kinda with Rock on this though, they better let us play LBP levels on the LBP2 disk
      FlipMeister -
      This could go one of a few ways:
      1. It is an expansion pack, with a new story mode and features, while retaining all LBP1 data (I really would prefer it that way), or...
      2. It is a completely new game with new mechanics, new engine, and new way of creating, but no way of carrying over data. People will be disapointed if this happens. That is all.
      Morgana25 -
      I'd love for LBP1 data to carry over.... we'll have to see though.
      jump_button -
      Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedCartman View Post
      They just included that song as an example - I couldn't find any solid information about which song was used. I'll update the post with this song, but if you could get me a source to link to, that would be great.
      here the tweet

DarkFray -
      Personally I think that the song Drink Malk would fit better as a new LBP song.

I always knew there would be a LBP2. And honestly, I can't wait! I just really hope they allow you to keep all the previous DLC and Content, or otherwise make the game like...$30.00, because new DLC really makes the game expensive.
      Smelling-Cowboy -
      Oh yeah aawsomee!!! although MM wont get any rest anymore
      Emogotsaone -
      That's a downer.
      Astrosimi -
      This... is kind of, disappointing, I guess, after MM's promise they wouldn't do this. Oh well, might be a good thing, in the end.
      Duffluc -
      Ouch, sucks for Chris Leary... I bet he's taking some heat over that! I just hope that the sequel is compatible with the previously built levels. It would be nice if we could keep all of our creations, plays, and hearts, hearted levels and authors as well. If that's the case, then more power to them! Otherwise, I'll be sad...
      Alec -
      Quote Originally Posted by Astrosimi View Post
      This... is kind of, disappointing, I guess, after MM's promise they wouldn't do this. Oh well, might be a good thing, in the end.
      As long Mm get paid they will do lbp2
      orang3dragon612 -
      I just hope that his doesn't split the community.
      SteveBigGuns -
      Id like to know what it would offer that couldnt be incorporated into the existing game.
      Unknown_creator -
      im atually looking forward to part 2 if part one did such a good job part two should be way improved with better material and items thats something to look forward to.
      warlord_evil -
      This probably won't come out for a while. Right?

Ah oh well.