BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

• LittleBigPlanet 2 quasi confirmed - will feature Electronic music

Electronic artist Chris "Ochre" Leary confirmed a LittleBigPlanet sequel yesterday when he mistakenly tweeted that one of his tracks will be included in the new game. Although Sony attempted to kill the spread of the rumor by having Leary remove the tweet, the news spread like wildfire to various gaming sites (Kotaku included) before the damage control was in full effect.

According to IGN, the song rumored to be included in the new sequel is Infotain Me. It sounds like nothing that's been included in LittleBigPlanet thus far, but it still definitely seems like it would be a good fit for a LittleBigPlanet game.

Sony was likely planning to announce the sequel sometime this year, probably at or before E3, so keep your eyes out for new information about this over the coming months.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: LittleBigPlanet 2 quasi confirmed - will feature Electronic music started by ConfusedCartman View original post
    Comments 221 Comments
      qrtda235566 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Gravel View Post
      So... where taking some electronic music artist's word for it? Talk about jumping to conclusions... This guy is hardly a bankable source... for all he knows his song could have been picked up for the latest music pak 2!!!!
      Great point. I'm hoping that an LBP2 doesn't come out soon, or at least all of our old stuff is compatible with it.
      dajdaj03 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Gravel View Post
      So... where taking some electronic music artist's word for it? Talk about jumping to conclusions... This guy is hardly a bankable source... for all he knows his song could have been picked up for the latest music pak 2!!!!
      You're right, we can't conclude anything from that... But I don't think it could be a music pack though for example...

Aren't the licensed musics made by musicians just been used in the original story mode of LPB?
      Like My Patch by Jim Noir, Volver a Comenzar by Cafe Tacvba or Daniel Pemberton stuff etc...

The DLC musics (include music pack 1) were originally and especially composed for the game by Kenneth Young or Mat Clark for example.

So if Sony is licensing other music tracks from artists, I don't think it would be just for a music pack or a small DLC,
      but something bigger I guess (a new story mode add-on/disc sequel......?)
      Shadowcrazy -
      all i can say is...this E3 is going to be the decision point on whether i spend more money on DLC or not

because seriously what's the point of supporting LBP by buying more DLC if the new one won't have backwards compatibility and makes most DLC useless?

know what i mean?
      Voodeedoo -
      That'd be cool for LBP2 to have a broad range of music, or to even allow LBP players to have their own music in the game.

I'm just thinking out loud.
      warlord_evil -
      I'm lovin' that song.

Quote Originally Posted by XVoodeedooX View Post
      That'd be cool for LBP2 to have a broad range of music, or to even allow LBP players to have their own music in the game.

I'm just thinking out loud.
      Alright, that's even better.
      TheBlackKnight22 -
      Oh god, I'd hate for a LBP2 because I really don't wanna spend another 50-60 bucks for a new game.. I'm fearful that if I want new content I would have to, because they might stop making dlc for LBP1. I hope this is all fake, I mean, I was hoping for L4d2 to come out on PS3 cuz there was box art that was "leaked" but idk. we'll see wats to come.
      I blame this all on Sony, cuz media molecule said that it would be stupid of them to start another LBP. Sony probably put them up to it now that they joined up with Mm.
      They probably only want a sequel for more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
      I hope this is false!!
      CyberSora -
      A lot of LBP GOTY buyers are gonna be pretty ticked off.

As for my opinion, I think this is Mm's way of trying to re-new the Community. You seen it's trolls. I don't think any update can change the Community at all. So hopefully this game has some new system. One that will actually have a working Cool Pages.
      Arctos13 -
      I really do hope it will compatible with community levels that have been created on LBP1. I still end up buying this either way.
      suchiacatdog -
      I think a LBP2 would be pretty awesome
      coz i haven't bought any DLC except for the hessian fagrances
      qrtda235566 -
      I think a lot of us are making a big deal out of this for nothing. I don't think it's LBP2. Maybe it's music for the Move DLC.
      Testudini -

'nuff said >
      Voodeedoo -
      come on, it's Mm! they know what they're doing.
      Shadowcrazy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Awesomemans View Post
      I think a lot of us are making a big deal out of this for nothing. I don't think it's LBP2. Maybe it's music for the Move DLC.
      idk i think that screenshot of the official tweet saying LITTLEBIGPLANET 2 means that it's the sequel part two...jus sayin
      warlord_evil -
      Don't judge something that you've never seen.

qrtda235566 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrazy View Post
      idk i think that screenshot of the official tweet saying LITTLEBIGPLANET 2 means that it's the sequel part two...jus sayin
      He's a musician, not part of the gaming media. He might have been confused about what they were using the DLC for. Maybe he though LBP Move was LBP2....jus sayin
      cheesemuffins99 -
      MM said they were never making a traditional sequel so this is probably some DLC or the LBP move.
      TheBlackKnight22 -
      Hm I never thought about that. although he said sequel and lbp 2 didn't he?
      Shadowcrazy -
      He's a musician, not part of the gaming media. He might have been confused about what they were using the DLC for. Maybe he though LBP Move was LBP2....jus sayin
      valid point...and something i can agree on

i guess we need to just wait and see now
      monstahr -
      pretty sure Mm will at least TRY to make DLC data transferable. they're in touch with the community enough to know that it's more than a good idea.

sony might not dig that though
      xKaijudox -
      I trust that Mm would know that with a game like LittleBigPlanet, a sequel will completely split the community in half. I'm betting it's going to be a large DLC expansion, but I can't just forget the thought of LBP2 to be a disc game.