BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

• LittleBigPlanet 2 Officially Announced

LittleBigPlanet 2 has been announced, with a promised release sometime this year! There's an announcement trailer packed to the brim with new information, as well as a fantastic new official LittleBigPlanet 2 website which also happens to be filled with information about the new game. What do you guys think? Exciting, eh? We are like over here.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: LittleBigPlanet 2 Officially Announced started by ConfusedCartman View original post
    Comments 240 Comments
      RangerZero -
      Quote Originally Posted by q1q1111q1wer View Post
      What happens to LBP1 then? do u buy the game and it downloads to LBP1 or what?
      Anyway im just asking what happens to da lvls can u edit them with LBP2?

Answer if you know the answer in a private message to me! okay bye
      LBP1 will slowly get deserted as you won't access LBP2 with it and people will simply stop using it.
      As for the LBP1 levels you edit, they will become LBP2 levels and won't be accessible anymore for LBP1.
      Theap Pleman -
      Quote Originally Posted by RangerZero View Post
      LBP1 will slowly get deserted as you won't access LBP2 with it and people will simply stop using it.
      As for the LBP1 levels you edit, they will become LBP2 levels and won't be accessible anymore for LBP1.
      But you're absolutely sure we'll be able to edit lbp1 levels in lbp2? Because I've only seen that we'll be able to play them, but it would make sense.
      Kern -
      Quote Originally Posted by Theap Pleman View Post
      But you're absolutely sure we'll be able to edit lbp1 levels in lbp2? Because I've only seen that we'll be able to play them, but it would make sense.
      it would make complete sense to be able bring them back onto your moon

or whatever wacky thing you use to create now
      Fertile Decline -
      Oh my God this looks just too awesome. My eyes want moooooore.
      docpac -
      Do you think they'll finally add online co-creation to LBP2? [unless they've added it to LBP1 in the last 6 months ]
      mnimmo1986 -
      Quote Originally Posted by docpac View Post
      Do you think they'll finally add online co-creation to LBP2? [unless they've added it to LBP1 in the last 6 months ]
      Someone has been living under a rock...

They added that last year on November 30th.
      poorjack -
      lulz. yea coop creation has been instated for a while... a gift and a terrible curse. theft is at an all time high, and getting things done is at a new low.
      LuckyShot -
      WHAT THE HECK IS THAT???

At 1:19ish, it looks like a sack boy shoots a light, like a flare to light up the next part of the level... but it just travels on quickly following the contour of the level all the way around until it's up side down... what is that? I want to play with it whatever it is!
      Killian -
      Quote Originally Posted by LuckyShot View Post
      WHAT THE HECK IS THAT???

At 1:19ish, it looks like a sack boy shoots a light, like a flare to light up the next part of the level... but it just travels on quickly following the contour of the level all the way around until it's up side down... what is that? I want to play with it whatever it is!
      I think it's just a sequence of lights stuck into the material behind him.
      ThatOtherGuy21 -
      Oh My Gawd That looks awesome! Love that song, and the sackbots as well as the control seats look awesome. Can't wait!
      FreeAim -
      How does MM blast these songs out? My patch, Glockenpop and now this!!! I mean that HOW do they get ídeas to these!
      sackish -
      I'm floored. I didn't think additions to the perfect game were possible besides miniscule add-ons. Oh. My. God.
      Delirium -
      Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Jew View Post
      They should have a planet for bomb survivals and heart for heart levels...and it should look oddly similar to a trash can.
      Thank you, you just made my day hahaha
      Delirium -
      I wonder if I can make a 2d fighter game like old school streetfighter with the control pod hmmm >.>
      OneEyedBanshee -
      Technically yes you could. I heard in one of the interviews Alex said you could set something up to occur after a sequence of buttons is pressed, so x, x, o combos or something. However I'd say the biggest challenge is making characters, you could use sackbots but will they allow for kicks and such? Something we can't currently do on command. The only way I see that is making a character yourself, but you would have to work around layers and whatnot plus then collisions and yeah, could be very tricky. But I do not doubt it's possibility and expect someone to make some crazy clone of street fighter or something!
      Delirium -
      Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedBanshee View Post
      Technically yes you could. I heard in one of the interviews Alex said you could set something up to occur after a sequence of buttons is pressed, so x, x, o combos or something. However I'd say the biggest challenge is making characters, you could use sackbots but will they allow for kicks and such? Something we can't currently do on command. The only way I see that is making a character yourself, but you would have to work around layers and whatnot plus then collisions and yeah, could be very tricky. But I do not doubt it's possibility and expect someone to make some crazy clone of street fighter or something!
      well Im great at designing characters its one of my strong points as a artist but like you said. the functionality will be tricky :-P Ill try to make a scrolling fighter like final fight haha .

I read something about recording and at 0:35 in the vid It looks like we can record and make videos so now we can make trailers and stuff :-)
      comphermc -
      I haven't gone through all eleven pages... did anyone else notice the moving backgrounds in at at least two shots?
      warlord_evil -
      Quote Originally Posted by comphermc View Post
      I haven't gone through all eleven pages... did anyone else notice the moving backgrounds in at at least two shots?
      Just me and you.

I think I posted it in another thread though.
      sackish -
      I'm REALLY hoping Sleepy Head will be a music track in the game. PM me if anyone finds a mp3-4. I noticed it as well, I think it is just an effect made in the backround given, not somesort of 3d layer glitch, I'm afraid.
      Sackmundo -
      I'm going to need help help from cryogenics to withstand the wait. Everything I've seen has roots in stuff in the suggestions forum.

One thing that does seem odd is how little they can show us, considering how complete what they have shown us looks.