1. Categories:
    2. Free,
    3. Community Stuff,
    4. Out Now
    Article Preview

Ungreth
    Psychological Creator
    Interview conducted by TheCountessZ

"Ungreth is a person. He likes some things and not others. He lives in a place and is of a certain age." This is what Ungreth uses to define himself in LBP. Beyond that, he is also great at creating an atmosphere of fear, humor, or frustration in his levels. He creates the mood and then allows the player's imagination to move him/her forward. Whether it's in an old diner, a depressing tenement, or on an alien spacecraft, Ungreth takes you there. And you believe it. ...
    by Published on 01-01-2011 12:24 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Free,
    3. Community Stuff,
    4. Out Now
    Article Preview

Spark151
    Covering all the angles
    Interview conducted by amazingflyingpoo

Variety is the spice of life. More than that, variety is the spice of LBP. Creating is all about inventing new worlds, crafting new adventures, and taking players to places they have never been before. Few creators are as good at this as Spark151, and even fewer can crank out the levels as quickly as he can.

Really, Spark151 is a perfect storm of LBP. He can whip up environments so quickly and so well, he often puts several in every level he publishes. So what gives? Does he have a secret army of Sackbots constructing levels for him in a cloth-and-cardboard sweatshop somewhere? Let's investigate a bit further and find out the secret behind this prolific PSP'er.
    by Published on 12-09-2010 11:38 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Free,
    3. Community Stuff,
    4. Out Now
    Article Preview

Syroc
    Sack of all trades!
    Interview conducted by DayneOram

Hello and welcome to another edition of the Creator Spotlight! This time we'll be uncovering the deep and dark secrets of the somewhat unknown creator; Syroc! Wait... What's that? You DO know him? Well, I guess we'll have to try a little harder to bring you something interesting.

It has definitely been interesting to write, I can tell you now! The levels he's made are rather varied, but they all feature very unique movement. Now that's definitely something Syroc has going for himself, if not his brilliant visuals, attention to detail and an astounding ability to make you think!

Keep reading for a peak into the mind of someone you claim to know so well! (No, I still don't believe you )
    by Published on 11-20-2010 04:08 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Free,
    3. Community Stuff,
    4. Out Now
    Article Preview

DrunkenFist_Lee
    A Sobering Dose of Genius
    Interview conducted by DayneOram

DrunkenFist_Lee is the kind of name that may lead you to think "Naruto and ninja levels. That's what he does." And normally, I'd agree with you, but you're wrong. You see, this guy has a great variety of levels, incorporating some brilliantly varied gameplay, and he delivers it with more style and aesthetic beauty than you can shake a controller at! And just as you're about to conclude what a great level that was, you realise that actually, there's much more to this level than meets that critical eye in all of us. That's when you find yourself choosing the rarely pressed "Replay level".

Then, lo and behold, a hidden area or easter egg enticing you with more gameplay and artistic genius! This begins a hunt for more secrets - leading you to notice all the small details that are so well refined, that you'd hardly notice them upon first glance! The humour he has kept running throughout is neither dull nor forced too, and tells us that, actually, he's a really funny guy! If you have never played his levels then go play them! No, I mean read this first! Or.. Well... DO SOMETHING!!

Anyway, without further ado, Allow me to present... DrunkenFist_Lee!!
    by Published on 11-05-2010 11:15 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Free,
    3. Community Stuff,
    4. Out Now
    Article Preview

SalieriAAX
    Evil Genius

There are many different types of creations in the world of LittleBigPlanet. There's grand-scale abstract art, gritty industrial machinery, cartoony landscapes, and somber gothic architecture, just to name a few. Creators are often quite easily identified by the types of things they create; most people tend to settle into one, maybe two comfortable styles and stick with them level after level. A few creators, however, just aren't satisfied with fitting into a pre-defined mold. They reject conformity and have the courage to try anything. They are daring, adventurous, and they surprise and excite the community with every new level they publish.

SalieriAAX is not one of those creators.
    by Published on 10-22-2010 07:51 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Free,
    3. Community Stuff,
    4. Out Now
    Article Preview

Nuclearfish
    Master of the Minigame
    Interview conducted by jwwPhotos

From the sea of amazing creators, one radiates with a green glow of an atomic experiment gone a bit wrong. Well.. at least his name does! Regardless, Nuclearfish is a flash of brilliance whether it is his levels, his incredible mini-games, or his leadership of the ever popular Contraption Challenge. His amazing graphic skills and attention to detail is truly phenomenal, even though attempting to take it all in like the elegance of Clockworx, or all the amazing animation in The Liquidizer can land you at the scoreboard all too suddenly! So while we have the chance, lets pause and see what we can find out about this masterful creator!
    by Published on 10-09-2010 09:18 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Free,
    3. Community Stuff,
    4. Out Now
    Article Preview

jeffcu28
    Zen Master

Art can take many forms. It can be a beautiful painting, a thought-provoking sculpture, or a moving composition of music. It's not often one thinks of video games when the word "art" is brought up, even less so when it comes to handheld games. Enter jeffcu28: Calm, collected, well-spoken, and absolutely determined to change the world's mind about what form an artist's canvas might take.

Since the release of LittleBigPlanet PSP in November 2009, jeffcu28 has treated us to some of the most incredible and varied levels we could possibly imagine. We've bounded across giant flowers, watched a level being painted right before our little button eyes, and experienced the vengeful sadness of a love story gone terribly wrong. And then there's that other level he made... but I can't quite remember at the moment what it was all about. No matter, I'm sure it was epic. Let's go ask jeffcu28 to tell us all about it.
    by Published on 09-25-2010 08:36 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Free,
    3. Community Stuff,
    4. Out Now
    Article Preview

Foofles
    Guns, Fun and Bun(nnies)
    Interview conducted by xkappax

What do you think of when I say the name Foofles? Do you think of great platforming? Maybe. Do you think of fun boss fights? Perhaps. But more than anything, when I say Foofles, the first thing that springs to mind is “Bunnies, bunnies and MORE bunnies!” Robotic Bunnies, Space Bunnies, and Giant Bunnies that step on me and kill me; they’re all there, and they’re all brilliant.

But Foofles’ levels are more than just a bunch of bunnies hopping around and shooting you in the face. They are a marriage between humor, good mechanics and polish. This combination rarely exists in the world of LittleBigPlanet. The levels don’t take themselves seriously, but they’re seriously hilarious, and that’s really what LittleBigPlanet is all about, isn’t it? But enough of my yappin’! Let’s get on with the interview and see what makes this creator tick... Er, I mean ‘hop’.
    by Published on 08-27-2010 10:16 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Free,
    3. Community Stuff,
    4. Out Now
    Article Preview

rtm223
    Killin' Them Logics-ly
    Interview conducted by Teebonesy

"Nobody notices the details, they just notice the lack of them." So goes the reasoning behind spending numerous hours fine-tuning and detailing and tweaking micro-details. The reasoning behind planning and laying out clever bundles of hyper-efficient logic to do things wondrous and innovative. The reasoning behind the months of tweaking and turmoil that form rtm223's short but luminous body of work: It's all there so that you won't notice it.

And it's true. Put the average LBP player or a non-LBP player into Subterranean Setbacks, and ask them what they thought of it. They'll likely tell you about their experience. How hard it was - how they couldn't figure out the generator room - how they got past the rat - but what you probably won't hear is "Oh my GOD, how did he manage to make ____? That should be impossible!" The truth is, it's absolutely full of amazingly clever tricks. And perhaps the best trick of them all is how all this cleverness manages to stay appropriately hidden behind the curtain.
    by Published on 08-13-2010 11:14 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Free,
    3. Community Stuff,
    4. Out Now
    Article Preview

julesyjules
    Jovial Jedi in search of the farce
    Interview conducted by jwwphotos

First off, I have to admit I am a huge fan of julesyjules. About a year ago he was asking for some help in testing one of his levels and I think I broke my arm in doing the " MEEEEE MEEEE PLEASE PICK ME!!!" all while attempting to keep some shred of dignity. My plan didn't really work as I still looked like a silly fan boy, but when I saw the friend's request as well as the key to that level show up in my in-box, my heart leapt into hyperspace quite a few times. So when the task came to be able to celebrate his charm, humor and expertise in the craft of creating LBP levels by doing a spotlight in his honor, it was one I could not pass up.

In the vast universe of LBP, julesyjules is a different kind of creator. He isn't one of those techy, flashy, whiz-bang logic guys or one of the super detailed set building types. What he has excelled at is portraying a fun, adventure-packed story based on a iconic movie from a long long time ago and far far away. He does this with such charm and hilarity as well as delivering quite a bit of clever and tasty bits of platforming. The end result generates an amazingly unique experience filled with wonder and joy. He quite simply challenges your controller prowess with a smile plastered on your face all the way to the scoreboard. Let's see what we can find out about him!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast