BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

• Community Spotlight Episode 1

Welcome to our first ever Community Spotlight! For those of you who don't know, Community Spotlight(formerly known as "Featured Creations") is a way for us to show off, or "Spotlight", our favorite levels made by you! We scour our Level Showcase for awesome levels, and we neatly organize them in a list format to allow you to easily find them on your own. We've got a roundup of 12 different levels for you to tackle, all of which are fantastic in one way or another. If pictures and/or a video is available, it will be provided under the listing. Please keep in mind, these levels are in no specific order.

Spoiler Spoiler - Key
    Azure Palace - donkey show/gevurah22 - Thread
    Description:

"The basis of the stage is to acquire the Azure Key and unlock the Underwater Palace's secret treasure. You have to have the Key with you at all times considering it not only unlocks passages and is necessary for puzzles, but it provides both offense and defense for... you know... giant underwater beasts. =D" - donkey show

Media(if available):

Spoiler Spoiler - Images
    Spoiler Spoiler - Video

The Sackhouette Series- Luckett_X/Luckett_X - Thread
    Description:

The Sackhouette series is a unique set of levels that follow a very recognizable visual style. With a bright background color and silhouettes for characters, it's a very surreal experience that you just have to try for yourself.

Media(if available):

Spoiler Spoiler - Images
    Spoiler Spoiler - Video
    The Pirate's Voyage - Maedhros/Maedhros - Thread
    Description:

"After chowing down some grub, you notice that your coin pouch is missing! How will you pay your check? Venture across the great pirate-filled sea to find your loot! Yarr!" - Maedhros

Media(if available):

Spoiler Spoiler - Images
    Spoiler Spoiler - Video
    Vacation? - RedPanda's partner/SkwerlChomp - Thread
    Description:

"Vacation? is a continuation after the final boss battle on Story Mode. The King has presented Sackboy/girl a vacation to wherever his/her little heart can imagine. Sackboy (let's just refer to sackboy from here on >.< ) starts the level in a jet en route to his dream destination. The music is happy and sackboy is in bliss just imagining how much fun he will have once he arrives!" - RedPanda

And a note from me: this level is definitely worth a try. It's definitely very creative and I love the beginning of it.

Media(if available): None
    Out of Africa - OCK/OCK - Thread
    Description:

A level set in Africa, you are taking a tour when things suddenly go wrong. Can you survive the natives and get Out of Africa?

Media(if available):

Spoiler Spoiler - Images
    Limbo - LittleBigGiant/Gondito - Thread
    Description:

An odd little level, but it's very creative in it's lack of detail. Contrast plays a big role here, and there's really no answer to "Why?", although you'll be asking yourself that while playing through it. Give it a shot.

Media(if available):

Spoiler Spoiler - Images
    Platforming for Dummies - Cloud/Cloud7654 - Thread
    Description:

"Basically, I wanted to go back to basics and test your skills with the X button. I must warn you, I've been told that the level is rather difficult."

And a note from me: While it isn't the most visually attractive level in the world, it is definitely challenging and fun. Give this level a chance, you might actually beat it.

Media(if available):

Spoiler Spoiler - Images
    Singe Ruins - Tyler/Tylerburrito - Thread
    Description:

What almost seems like an extension of Great Magician's Palace is actually a fun - and difficult - platformer that has a few surprises up it's sleeves. Definitely something you should give a try.

Media(if available):

Spoiler Spoiler - Video
    Trouble In Sackville! - Stuff/Kibbles01 - Thread
    Description:

Sackville is under attack! Flee the destruction and escape safely or meet your demise.

Media(if available):

Spoiler Spoiler - Video
    Tekno Fortress - aer0blue/aer0blue - Thread
    Description:

"Tekno Fortress is a behemoth of a level that was inspired by many original 2D platforming games, so see if you can spot which one influenced on what! It also includes puzzles, branching paths, story, a secret boss, a LOT of prizes, and much, much more! Regarding the story, it's a sort of prequel to the upcoming chapters I'll be working on after the game's release. The level took me about 40 hours to make and an additional 8-9 hours of tweaking. It filled up the whole thermometer of a Medium-sized crater." -aer0blue

Media(if available):

Spoiler Spoiler - Images
    Spoiler Spoiler - Video
    The Domain - docpac/drpacifist - Thread
    Description:

"The level starts out with some fairly simple obstacles but the difficulty progresses right up the the big finish. I've attempted to incorporate every trick I've learned from the story mode plus a few tricks of my own. The final room uses over 15 switches, 4, motors, a few pistons, and a gaggle of geese. I built the level in sections so most of the cool stuff you'll see will be available as prizes. There are a total of 21 prizes." - docpac

Media(if available):

Spoiler Spoiler - Images
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Community Spotlight Episode 1 started by ConfusedCartman View original post