BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

• Community Spotlight Episode 9

Welcome to our ninth Community Spotlight! For those of you who don't know, Community Spotlight is a way for us to show off, or "Spotlight", our favorite levels made by you! Our Spotlight Crew scours the Level Showcase for awesome levels, and they neatly organize them in a list format to help you find and play them on your own. Each level has comments from each Crew member that selected that level, so you guys can get a good idea of how many Crew members enjoyed it.

Ccubbage/Ccubbage - Thread
    Description:
    Journey into the belly of an alien planet!

This level picks up where Splat Invaders Saga left off. Jump forward 14 years and you have been selected, as the ONLY human ever to survive being recycled, to launch a surprise attack on the invaders!

In order to not perform a regurgitation of the prior level, virtually everything is new ideas and gameplay concepts. There are still several "Splat-like" areas, but this level should be considered on it's own merits.

NOTE:

I've been asked many times about the concept of "recycling". Here it is:

The aliens in question are an advanced race which decided "killing" was wrong, and therefore outlawed. However, this posed a problem because as time went on the aliens realized there were times when they really needed or wanted to kill. Therefore, they created a loophole:

It's not REALLY killing if you use what you've killed for a good purpose.

So.... they "recycle" anything they don't feel should be alive anymore. There is ALWAYS a use for the remains...

Have fun!
    - Ccubbage
    Our Thoughts:
    Wow. This is the word I kept repeating as I played through this level. What we have is a sequel that stays true to the Splat saga but still manages to do everything differently with tons of original things to admire. From the very start when the player descends into the darkness to the very end where they teleport back home, the level is chock full of wonderful moments that always keep the player entertained. The lighting here is some of the best I have seen in LBP, especially where the first boss is concerned. The combination is of blue, pink, and yellow lights with a foggy bloom are so beautiful in all that darkness that they may threaten to burn through your retina. There are some very cool homages to older games and the final boss battle is quite possibly the most original I have seen in LBP. What more can I say but: WOW! - OCK
    This level's a beauty... like the original it encapsulates everything an OG gamer like me associates with our young gaming culture, and gives it a campy spin to take me even further back in the day... but in this level, we're going back to the future. It's a great spin on alot of what made the 1st so great, very familiar, but entirely unique and feels like it has a bigger budget; much like a true sequel should be. A 2nd entry in this, has made a level that is a mandatory favorite for any LBP player worth their salt into a series I consider requisite playing material - NinjaMicWZ

wexfordian/wexfordian - Thread
    Description:
    PINBALL WIZARD: Straight up pinball table madness with several ways to score big including:
    traditional bumpers,
    secret areas,
    the angelic heart
    and even a mystery box (oooooh.....mysterious.....)

PINBALL WIZARD2:
    The sequal......Well more a variation on the first as I haven't changed the main mechanics behind it a whole lot. The much more colourful wacky younger brother featuring 45% more wackyness....and even a mystery box (oooooh.....mysterious.....)
    - wexfordian
    Our Thoughts:
    This is the best mini-game I have played in LBP, period. wexfordian has created a fully functioning pinball machine with all the expected bells and whistles. Bonus areas, sweet spots, and the requisite 3 lives are all present. The player is completely hidden so as to not ruin the illussion and the fact that everything works so seamlessly really is a staggering achievement. Both levels have a completely different look, the first one having a electro/futuristic vibe while the second goes for a feel good, tie-dye look. Both look great, both are ultra polished, both are must play! - OCK
    OCK hit the nail on the head, so instead of just rambling on about my explanation of this level, here's a moment by moment of my experience: Wow, this is pretty cool! (20 minutes later) Is THAT OCK's score?? Maybe I can beat it! (half an hour later) Got pretty high that time.... but Whaale is still ahead of me... just another try... and so on and so on. About 2 hours later, I decided to wrap it up and come back to it later... You're evil, Wexfordian! - CCubbage
    These levels are nothing but pure addiction. I( have yet to ever attain the universal dream of having a gaming room full of pinball machines and a pool table... but thanks to wexfordian's genius knack for mechanics, playability, and fun I can just turn on LBP and play two fully functioning table top quarter munchers. I will someday join the two people on top with their 1,000,000 points, even if I have to go blind and change my name to Tommy. - NinjaMicWZ
    Media (if available):
    Spoiler Spoiler - Images

Hexagohn/Hexgohn - Thread
    Description:
    I took some time over the past month and I made 3 different survival challenges, some with multiple difficulties. I love old arcade games and each of these have that similar theme. They are each games I think would make cool arcade games. They are made to be fun, they are made to be difficult, and they are made to be competitive. I hope you will have fun playing them and battling for the high score.

I now list Hard and Easy scores.

There is now a video for each level. They are quite handy if you want to know what each one is like. The video for Dodgitron has some handy tips for those of you who want that competitive edge.

They are all multi-player compatible and they are actually quite fun with multiple players.
    - Hexagohn
    Our Thoughts:
    What we have here are three very cool survival challanges. Dodgitron is an original game that will have you feeling like a super athlete if you time your movements right. Bomb Voyage is all about avoiding being blown to bits while dragging a bomb back and forth. Asteroid attack is an action-packed space shooter with some wonderful visuals. All are fun, all look great and all work wonderfully in multiplayer! - OCK
    Hex is not only a master of storytelling and a formidable creator when it comes to full fledged levels, he's officially a certified master of the mini-game. Out of nowhere he dropped off 3 super addictive, fully functional, stylish, and fantastically put together survival challenges following up his old chopper attack game. It's hard to pick a person favorite of the bunch, but they're all entirely unique and different from each other... if you're a party person, you NEED these levels in your regular playlist. Or if you're a solo, score-fanatic who appreciates craftsmanship and wants to have fun, get 'em while they're hot. - NinjaMicWZ
    Spoiler Spoiler - Video
    Spoiler Spoiler - Video
    Spoiler Spoiler - Video

NinjaMicWZ/NinjaMicWZ - Thread
    Description:
    L.ove O.vercomes V.irtually E.verything

This is a short, story-driven level featuring alot of deadpan humor and sly, tongue-in-cheek jokes about the relationship between a man and woman on Valentines day (ie John and Lorena Bobbit, "Dear John" letters etc), and the struggle we all go through of making things work. An average Joe trying to get home to his wife with a box of chocolates, and win her over.

Features:

- a focus on very lite platforming

- a bit of puzzle solving

- heavy implementation of context-sensitive sticker triggers

- an MGS ACT 1 style-shooting gallery in an elevator (which is an homage to the classic power ballad "You Give Love a Bad Name" by Bon Jovi)

- lots of detail and beautiful designs, custom built and stickered down to the last nuance... the box of chocolate even has individual, differently shaped pieces, that you "eat" on the way home

- a fully functional classic, cherry GMC truck with 4 wheel drive, working exhaust pipes, flapping hood, tailgates, and windshield spoilers, and logic operated headlights and tail lights

- 40+ different switch box set ups, triggers, and key arrangements, that are used to initiate effects, mechanics and direct the players progression to prevent backtracking, getting stuck, and skipping

- 2 different endings depending on how you treat a lady

- a very special guest appearance by Mariah Carey

Hope you have fun and get a laugh out of it.
    - NinjaMicWZ
    Our Thoughts:
    LOVE is all we need. For me this is the best Valentine's Day themed level by a country mile. Nothing that Ninja does is cliched and this is no exception. I really loved all the cool gameplay mechanics, particularly eating the chocolates as the level progressed, definitely one of the cooler things I have seen in LBP. As always the level is gorgeous to look at and there is eye-candy galore. The level is light-hearted but that does not mean it should not be taken seriously for what we have here is of the highest quality. There are plenty of complex switch combinations and cool implementation of stickers that are unlike anything else I have seen before. Oh yeah, Did I mention Mariah makes a cameo? - OCK

Snowspot/JonMartin - Thread
    Description:
    Sackboy limps to the cluster cores, all the while wondering if he should really be trusting the builder. Upon arriving at the cluster cores, the builder tells Sackboy he must pass through multiple "chambers", to activate the emergency override system, 18 chambers in all. As Sackboy stares towards the. entrance of chamber 1, he hears the violent sounds of the machinery... could this really be the end?

I incorporated manga-style drawings(not pictures I've taken), all created in-engine. The storyline continues as well with some exciting new stuff taking place... along with some disturbing stuff happening in the chamber's that you have to make your way through.In this level u make a decision that will effect the next level.
    - Snowspot
    Our Thoughts:
    After already palying through the first 16 episodes one has to ask themselves "can he really do anything new?". The answer: YES YES and YES. For me this is the best episode yet both from a visual and gameplay perspective. The graphics on this level are simply ridiculous (that's a good thing), particularly with the comic-book style story-boards which are truly some of the most impressive things I have seen in LBP. On the gameplay front we are treated to a bunch of unique chambers with their own set of challenges keeping things fresh from beginning to end. If I could describe the level in two words they would be: instand classic! - OCK
    This level is the definition of what is possible in LBP in terms of storytelling, artistry, and pushing the envelope for raw, unfiltered expression. Even just previewing the beta of this level forced me to rant on different websites about how far ahead of it's time LBP is. The graphic novella art work, and layered 3-dimensional scenery is so masterfully done, and the accompanying dialogue and imagery through the level draws you in with an intense grip that forces you to stop and try to analyze and ponder the unfolding of the story with each sentence. The level, as always, is full of great platforming, is a long and gives you a sense of accomplishment and leaves you wanting more. - NinjaMicWZ
    There is NOTHING else like this series in LittleBigPlanet. And with this level, Snowspot has injected so many cool mechanics and visual ideas it's perplexing. The backgrounds are colored with original artwork which looks completely professional. I would be surprised if this doesn't inspire many other creators into new art styles in their levels. But this isn't just eye candy! This level retains some of the most incredible and challenging platforming and paintinator sections you've seen! - CCubbage
    Media (if available):
    Spoiler Spoiler - Images

Jaeyden, NinjaMicWZ, donkey show/Jaeyden, NinjaMicWZ, gevurah22 - Thread
    Description:
    LittleBig Contra is a collaborative project aimed at delivering the definitive Contra experience to LittleBigPlanet. It included members of NeoGAF and a few members of these forums..and ahem..some soon to be new members. Our goal was to recreate each of the 8 stages of Contra from the NES using the tools available to us in the LittleBigPlanet level editor. We all just released these levels and hope to satisfy Contra fans everywhere!
    - Jaeyden
    Our Thoughts:
    Up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, START. The Contra code. There are those of use who spent countless hours on the NES playing this classic game and this collaboration is the ultimate homage, the perfect tribute, the total package. All the levels are very true to the source material but it has all been updated with pretty graphics and infused with the creators individual styles. Those menacing tractors in the Snowfield, the towering spiked-walls in the Hangar, deadly aliens in the Alien's Lair, it's all here and it all looks fantastic. No other remake comes even close, this is as good as it get's. Thanks to all the creators involved for - if only for a few hours - making me feel like a kid again, spending countless hours on that old NES. - OCK
    Oh Yeah! LittleBigPlanet just went old school! This series is absolutely mind bogglingly cool! A team consisting of some of the best LittleBigPlanet authors got organized and jammed Contra into our PS3's for all to enjoy. But they also brought their individual styles into their levels which keeps the entire series fresh from beginning to end. NinjaMicWZ leaves you with your hands sweating and your heart pounding, Jaeyden with his ultra-clean cerebral yet intense battle, and gevurah22 with his trademark gorgeous and epic style. Great going, guys! I hope this thing rockets into the stratosphere! - CCubbage
    Spoiler Spoiler - Video
    Spoiler Spoiler - Video
    Spoiler Spoiler - Video

TJapan/TJapan - Thread
    Description:
    Hey guys, i decided to take a break from my Ace McSack escapades, and made a cute and fun level for my wife. It is based around a Japanese stuffed animal called Capybara-san, which is my wife's favorite character. its a pretty simple-looking level, but boy howdy was is a tough one to work out.

So... Here is the premise... Capybara-san needs you to find and save her son, Capybara-chan. now this little tyke is always hungry, so you follow his trail of food to find him, get help from the local bees, and finally get him home to his mom. It's a simple level with no enemies, but theres a few simple puzzles, and a few secrets. I did my best to make the scenery look good, and the prizes are made so that if you dont want them, you dont need to get them.

This level was made solely for my wife, but being as i put so much effort into it, i figured i could let it out into the world. please enjoy it, and if you come across any serious bugs, let me know, so i can work them out.
    - TJapan
    Our Thoughts:
    This is a level that makes you smile the moment you enter for you are greeted by a big, cute capybara that sends you on a mission to find her child. It is a light-hearted story with a feel good factor and along the way you will be treated to some wonderful eye-candy. A beautifully constructed waterfall, majestic mountains and fish jumping in a stream (complete with splash effect) are just some of the wonderful sights you will see. The gameplay is also something different with the player guiding the Capybara NPC home through some fun platforming/puzzle sections. I had a lot of fun with this and I am sure you will too! - OCK
    Media (if available):
    Spoiler Spoiler - Images

GrantosUK/GruntosUK - Thread
    Description:
    After a complete rebuild due to the level failed to load error, and around a month and half, I've finally finished part 3.

After being chased and stalked by the chopper, 0013 finally reaches the SAM site and his chance for revenge. After learning of another step in Dr. Cloth's plan, he must defeat an old russian guard, and make his way to Dr. Cloth's base.

The chopper fight is split into two different battles, one with the paintinator, the other using an AA gun. After this, there is a small miniboss before a short journey gets 13 to his destination. I've also finally been able to make a change in the materials I use, and think this level is a great buildup to finale, coming soon. :-)
    - GrantosUK
    Our Thoughts:
    The series is nearing it's conclusion and the action has really picked up! Grantos has given us 3 boss battles all of which are very cool and very different from eachother. The fact that this is he third level in the series and Grantos still comes up with so many original ideas is really saying something. The player will be shooting valves into postion with the paintinator, gunning down flying baddies while riding in a monorail and using a massive gun to take down a chopper just to name a few of the levels many delights. As always there is a great overall polish and once again the architecture of the level is truly first class. Really great work for a third straight time. If you have not played these levels yet then what are you waiting for? Go visit Siberia...with love. - OCK
    This series is one of the coolest series of levels I've seen in LittleBigPlanet. It has a great James Bond style, and the play is balanced just right. Something I really appreciate is the sense that you are playing through a complex structure, however you always seem to be lead in the right direction. This third installment of the series is no exception, however it contains some GREAT arcade-style moments that blur the lines between between platformer and shoot-em-up. I highly recommend playing this game. And if you have to play through the other 2 to get there... no problem. Great gaming goodness all the way! - CCubbage
    Media (if available):
    Spoiler Spoiler - Images

Thegide/Thegide - Thread
    Description:
    Plot: "Following the events of MGS4: Guns of the Patriots, data analysis of GW's wreckage identifies another top secret project in the works on Shadow Moses Island. Snake returns to the Alaskan wasteland to infiltrate the research facility known only as 'Site B' in an attempt to seek out and destroy a new nuclear weapon threat"

Genre: Shooter/Platformer/Tactical Espionage Action (haha...)

Features:
    - Intense paintinator action... whether it be enemies or puzzles, your trigger finger will be tested
    - Story driven gameplay in an original MGS concept like you've never seen
    - Stealth or Run 'N' Gun action, the choice is yours!
    - 100% custom MGS-style content including gekko, electrified hallways, deadly laser grids, gurlokovich soldiers, innovative sentries, heavy artillery, security cams, and an all new Metal Gear megaboss that will blow your mind!
    - Outdoor/indoor environments
    - Single player and multiplayer minigames for a bit of fun to take the pressure off your mission at hand
    - A totally sweet cardboard box
    - Thegide
    Our Thoughts:
    Do you remember the first time you downloaded the MGS pack for LittleBigPlanet and played the accompanying levels? And you thought 'I wish regular people could do these kinds of levels - MM must be cheating'? Well, guess what? In my opinion, it's just been done BETTER (in my opinion). I absolutely loved this level from beginning to unbelieveable end. The amount of secrets, the feeling of stealth, creative elements such as landmines, a fantastic 2 player area, AND to top it off one of the coolest bosses I've ever seen. Great job! - CCubbage
    With the release of the MGS pack we saw a slew of Metal Gear themed levels but very few that did the Metal Gear name justice. Well, this particular level is at the top of it's class and somehow manages to do everything right. From the stealth gameplay to the writing to the materials to the familar metal gear staples, everything is of the highest quality. The construction of the level is as professional as it gets and for me surpasses the work MM did with their Metal Gear levels. To top it all off the level end with the most complex boss I have ever seen. Simply incredible! - OCK
    I think Thegide was probably the first creator I'd seen come close to matching Media Molecule's level of quality and manage to emulate their style. There's alot about their levels people don't pick up, even when they nail the visual style and aesthetic polish down. I'm a huge Metal Gear fan, the pack was a godsend, and I think Thegide's given us hands-down the best user-made LBP level. MM had to put Rex in a short level by itself... if they had Thegide on their team, Act 4 and Act 5 would have been able to fit in one level heh. This is the most mechanically animated and physically constructed boss out there, and a supremely playable level full of style, variety and wonderful mechanics. - NinjaMicWZ
    Media (if available):
    Spoiler Spoiler - Images

xkappax/xkappax - Thread
    Description:
    Hello again, everyone! I am just posting to let you all know that our new level is finally completed! This has been in progress since shortly after Centralia - A Ghost Story, but we had some horrible thermometer issues and some horrible "level falling apart" issues. The original level was scrapped, and I started it over again myself in December. I've been working on and off on this until about a month ago, and then Catiers, my husband, picked it up and added some vehicles and mechanics. This level has had the most effort put into it since Centralia, and countless hours and hard work have been poured into this. This level fell apart 3 times and turned to gas two times, and the thermometer is bursting to the point where we can't add another sticker! - xkappax
    Our Thoughts:
    The team of xkappax and Catiers are back with another fantastic and FUN level. Some people just have a knack for making highly entertaining content, and this husband/wife team rank right up there with the best. This level is well-made, fun, and is packed with so much great original content you will need to play it multiple times just to take it all in. But the icing on the cake? One of the most fun vehicle rides I've ever taken in LBP! - CCubbage
    Larry and Sara's levels always exude a lighthearted escapist relief, and a vibe of fun, tons of expanse and an always unique feel of character and mood. You can't help but chuckle, laugh, and lighten up and enjoy yourself on these rides and all throughout this very expansive level is a fun moment or wow opportunity. How many levels give you a skulldozer-style chase, an awesome glass slide ride, the longest and fastest mine cart ride, AND a whole rest of a level full of platforming goodness... and a plot. Give the level a run with 4 friends, and have a great time. - NinjaMicWZ
    Media (if available):
    Spoiler Spoiler - Video

OCK/OCK - Thread
    Description:
    A full month after 218 I am back with my fourth level, Pulse. I created 218 right after The Legion and both levels are epic, story-driven beasts so I wanted to do something a lot "simpler" that features very little speech bubbles (I know, I can hardly believe it myself lol).

I wanted to create a race-type level where the emphasis was on strong visuals, some creative platforming and a whole lot of paintinator action. Jaeyden's Starstruck 3 was an inspiration here. The level is so gorgeous to look at and fun to play so I really wanted to emulate that "feeling" and have the player saying "wow!" the same way I kept saying wow when I played SS3.

The theme here is the pulse line and the symbol is omnipresent. I wanted the the symbol to convey a sense of danger, urgency and intensity and I managed to work those ideas into what little speech there is in the level. The symbol adds a whole new dimension to the visuals as well to create some really cool effects that I have not seen done before.
    - OCK
    Our Thoughts:
    Beautiful. Brilliant. Electric. Those were the tags that were displayed in 'Pulse' as I was entering the level. It's the first time I've really felt the tags represented what I was about to see. And I can safely say - I've never seen anything quite like it. It's like racing through a neon wonderland of lights and strange creatures. Everything in this world is gorgeous, colorful - and most likely, dangerous. And the final boss.... you might just need to put on some sunglasses before entering the final stage. Once again, OCK - a fantastic, unique, and thought-provoking level! - CCubbage
    It would be pretty tough to find a race and obstacle course similar to this, anywhere on LBP. The visual style is totally unique, the visual theme is one of time ticking away along with the timer and really adds to the rush and sense of adrenaline that's maintained throughout the experience. Every step of the way you'll be greeted with a dose of visual extravaganza that only OCK can provide, an entirely unique platforming or action challenge, and a subtle layer of conceptual depth that is simply non-existent in most race levels. - NinjaMicWZ
    Media (if available):
    Spoiler Spoiler - Images

Pitcard/Pitcard - Thread
    Description:
    This is my first attempt at an adventure level, but I've made lots of experimental levels as I was learning the ins and outs of create mode.

This took me about a month on and off to make. Its short but sweet with lots to discover!
    - Pitcard
    Our Thoughts:
    Feed a penguin a stolen hot dog? Sure! Help kick the nicotine habit of a polar bear? Absolutely! How about swing from a monkey's rear quarters? Definitely! All of these great things that you would expect to do in a day at the zoo are here - and rendered in Media Molecule quality! This level is beautiful, and contains some of the best custom content I've seen. There are several adorable puzzles, and it's incredibly well designed. This is a level everyone can enjoy! - CCubbage
    Ahhhh, the Zoo. Penguins who are sick of fish for dinner, smoking polar bears with a 5 'oclock shadow, overzealous orangutans trying to escape, this all brings back wonderful memories of childhood trips to the zoo (oh okay, not really)! Pitcard has created a humorous level full of beautifully constructed custom content that will keep the player entertained from beginning to end. The writing is great, the animals are cute, the monkey has a big red ***. What's not to like? - OCK
    Media (if available):
    Spoiler Spoiler - Images

Boogaloo/stackford - Thread
    Description:
    Hey everyone! This is an Aztecky, templey sort of level. There are a few tweaks still to be made - but the nuts and bolt are all in. Please let me know of any difficulties, or any bits I may have missed! - Boolgaloo
    Our Thoughts:
    This level is definately not for the faint of heart - it's challenging, has clever but devious puzzles, and will make you feel great accomplishment as you finish! However, it's also beautiful, with a great design and some fantastic artwork! If you love adventure, and fancy yourself a REAL gamer - check this one out. - CCubbage
    This level's gorgeous... Boogaloo has a fantastic eye for visuals that make his levels stand out in a crowd and have all the small details that make looks go from great to fantastic. He's got a great sense of design to go with it, puzzles, platforming, and mechanics that are always nicely put together. You'll definitely be looking forward to more when you reach the scoreboard. - NinjaMicWZ

Zwollie/Zwoltopia - Thread
    Description:
    Hold on adventurers!! A new saga is about to begin.
    The legendary tale of Sir Sackboy has been told for many generations but only now, you can be part of it!!

Synopsis:
    King Leon has summoned you, for the kingdom is under attack by a firebreathing dragon!! (how original...)
    As expected, it is up to you to save the kingdom and slay yourself that dragon!! Together with his trusted companion, Oswald, our hero sets out to do what he was born for.
    - Zwollie
    Our Thoughts:
    This series absolutely screams quality from the opening title all the way to the end. The story, humor, content, and platforming are all top notch! How about a trip down into the belly of a dragon? These levels are executed beautifully, and I would highly recommend them for anyone! - CCubbage
    Media (if available):
    Spoiler Spoiler - Images

Dobi6/Dobi6 - Thread
    Description:
    Ok, my level "Lost Under Glass" is up. I have been Tweeking it for a while, and I am now ready to have you all unleash all that great constructive criticism...

The short of it...
    You find that you have taken a wrong turn in someone's level. You don't know happened, but you are trapped in some cold dark place.

It is a medium length platformer. I left the paintinator home on this one
    - Dobi6
    Our Thoughts:
    Dobi6 is a HIGHLY underrated creator with an equally understated level description. This level is a clean, cool looking, challenging, and well-thought-out experience. Work your way through an electric labyrinth using precise jumping, swinging, grabbing, and flying. And just when you think you've got it, he turns the level upside down and sideways! Up for a challenge? Check this one out! - CCubbage
    I am a big fan of originality and this level has plenty of moments that are different from any other level I have played. There is an overall complexity to everything which I found to be quite impressive. Grab one thing and it activates another, which activates another, which activates another. I think dobi may have created a new genre called "chain-reaction platforming". The level poses a nice challenge and guarantees you will be on your toes from beginning to end. When your reflexes kick in at just the right moments you really do get a sense of a achievement. Really great work, everyone should check it out. - OCK
    Media (if available):
    Spoiler Spoiler - Images

Talmasca/Talmasca - Thread
    Description:
    this is a shadow of the colossus themed level i have been working on for about 2 weeks

it is based roughly around the story of the game but adapted slightly to cater to lbp's style!

it contains two colossi ( the turtle and the eel ) plus a fully functional agro, a daring climb to the top of the main temple and a highly detailed environment ( more so than silent hill 2 REBORN pt 2 )

it also contains several puzzles which are placed to increase ur score and rewards, plus a skipping system if u wish to skip the first colossus if u fail fighting the second one
    - Talmasca
    Our Thoughts:
    I'm a BIG fan of SOTC. I've played 2 other levels claiming to do the LittleBigPlanet interpretation justice. So far, I've been disappointed. How does this level fare? Beautifully! There's finally a level where I can get my Colossus fix. The temple, the climbing, and taking down those gigantic creatures - perfectly executed, but with adjustments that fit it nicely into the LBP universe (the horse ride is VERY cool, but doesn't take 10 minutes to complete)! Fantastic job - I loved every minute of it! - CCubbage
    I'm also a huge SotC fan, and it's one of my all time favorites. I think with the limitations of a single LBP level, talmasca has given us as much nostalgia as we could possibly ask for... he's a master of homage and recreation, and does the saga much justice here with so much beauty and subtle detail that is always overlooked in past attempts. It's not just about green, castle, and a big "thing" - it's about subtle elegance, like peering off into the horizon to see the sunset. Using your mind to find and conquer certain beasts, and the high-adrenaline thrill of hanging on to something that could crush you just by flexing it's muscles... and reunite with a loved one at all costs. - NinjaMicWZ

Tomasoares/Tomasoares - Thread
    Description:
    Levels in an oldschool vein, sonic visual like. Finally finished Polar Peak - Act 2! The style is similar to the first act, with the multiple ways and the Polar Bears as your enemies. There's some new things, like enemies, mechanism and a boss in the end! - Tomasoares
    Our Thoughts:
    I love these levels. They are polished, have some fantastic custom content, contain multiple paths, plus contain some really creative story ideas. But the thing I truly enjoyed most was the fantastic platforming. Instead of the traditional jump and climb stairs gameplay, Tomasoares has thrown in some great contraptions which throw you from floor to floor or glide you to new areas - thus keeping the energy and fun flowing throughout. For some good looking, lighthearted fun - check out these levels! - CCubbage
    Media (if available):
    Spoiler Spoiler - Images
    Morgana25/Morgana25 - Thread
    Description:
    This is a "red" level. Very firey. The end boss isn't exactly what I was going for but it's more challenging than the first one. There's a trick to avoiding the fire but you don't need to know it to defeat him. The lighting was the most fun on this level. Also really enjoyed setting up the volcano. - Morgana25
    Our Thoughts:
    Beautiful. I think everyone can appreciate these levels. The first thought I had as I began traversing Morgana25's little world was - wow! This is like stepping through a childrens fairy tale book. In fact, while playing these levels my 7-year-old son sat next to me mesmerized (I wouldn't let him play.... I was having too much fun... is that wrong?) These levels are not hard - they don't need to be. They tell a beautiful story, and contain fantastic visuals and characters. So sit back, relaxe, and enjoy these 2 gems! - CCubbage
    Enter a world of fantasy and wonder where for each step the player takes there is something to dazzle the eye. The custom content is gorgeous, the lighting is superb, the experience is something special. This is one of those levels where the player feels like they are in some wonderful fairytale and for those precious minutes of playtime all your worries just melt away. Truly a work of art, stop reading this and go visit the wonderful world Morgana has created where fairy's, dragons and many other things await you! - OCK
    Media (if available):
    Spoiler Spoiler - Video
    Inactive Creators

These users, while great creators, did not manage to hit the 15% activity rating required to earn a full spotlight. Be sure to make time to try these levels, as they are still fantastic. To the authors in this section: be more involved on the site and you'll find yourself up above with the rest of the active users!
    Little LOST - Frizby/Frizby - Thread
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Community Spotlight Episode 9 started by ConfusedCartman View original post