Hello again! We’re back for our next creation challenge, with a fun and friendly competition that will allow you to show off your level building skills and win a precious desired prize. This time, we’re out to crown LBP’s best choreographer!
Enter and compete to win an elusive rare prize crown!
"One! Two! A One! Two! Three! Four!!”
Ok superstars, it’s time to get your groove on! The levels of craft earth have lost their rhythm and need YOU, the MUSIC MAESTRO, to help them get it back. After all, nothing livens up a dead party like a good soundtrack.
For this month’s contest, we want you to build a level choreographed (synchronized) to music, that is, we’re looking for levels that “beat” to your chosen music, or "sackronized", so to speak.
If you’re musically inclined, feel free to build a song in the sequencer, or if not, the included music sequencers are fine too. Then, set your level’s livelihood to the rhythm of the music.
How your level reacts to music is entirely up to you!
Here are your building requirements:
- Create a level experience of your choice where contraptions, lights, and other special effects are synchronized to the the level's soundtrack and sounds. A little tip here if you're using the music sequencer is to set your music to 60 BPM (beats per minute) or 120 BPM, and match your contraption and sequencer timings to 1.0s or 0.5s intervals (60 BPM = 60 x 1.0sec; 120BPM = 120 x 0.5sec)
- Score big with the judging crew by making as much of your level "beat" to the music as possible.
- Choreography is important! Liven up your gaming experience with lights and other special effects.
- Gameplay is unrestricted - any type of interactive game, whether it be minigame, platformer, or versus game is allowed!
- Levels should contain 3-5 minutes of gameplay. Cutscenes are allowed, but we hope you synchronize within these as well!
- No limits on the number of songs, it can be a short loop or a long epic, or more songs.
- Do not use level links. Only single levels should be submitted.
How to Enter
- Build a level before the deadline that fits the contest description and building requirements.
- Include the text “(LBPC3)” in the level’s title. Don’t forget to add things like a nice looking badge, some tags, and a concise level description.
- Publish your level before 11:59PM GMT on Wednesday, August 31, 2011.
- Post an LBP.me link to your level in this thread, so we’re sure not to miss it!
- After the deadline, the judges will put on their best band tee shirts and rock out to your sack-ronized creations, selecting up to ten semi-finalists based on the scoring criteria below. The highest scoring level will be crowned winner!
- The Sackinima team will feature HD recordings of the three finalists on their youtube channel for the whole world to see!
Levels will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Gameplay – Here, we’re scoring how well your level beats to the music, and things like fun factor, controls, and freedom from glitches and bugs.
- Originality – How innovative is your level? What's unique about how you've choreographed it? Does it stand out from the crowd?
- Visuals – This is all about how good your level looks. Especially for this contest, we're attuned to lighting and special effects. After all, this is supposed to be a rockin' party!
- Audio – Sound effects and heart-pumping music are key to turning your level into a heart pumping, vibrant, and groovy experience! You're music skills will be kept in very good consideration.
Rules and Regulations
- This contest is open to all ages and all regions. That means anyone can participate!
- All entries must be playable in LittleBigPlanet2
- You can only enter one level. Duplicate entries will result in disqualification.
- The contest officially begins on August 1st, 2011 at 12:00am GMT. Previously published entries will not be accepted.
- You can co-create with up to four people, but only one person should publish the level. Team member contributions should be listed in the level description. If you are publishing as a team, this counts as the only “one entry” for each team member, so you cannot publish on your own and as part of a team, or enter as part of more than one team. Note that there is only one rare prize crown up for grabs here, and it will be awarded to the PSN ID under which the level is entered.
- Levels must be published unlocked and set to “Standard” or “Versus” in their gameplay mode.
- Levels must be published before the deadline with “(LBPC3)” in the level’s title. After the deadline, do not republish. Levels republished after the deadline will be disqualified. Exceptions may be made for quick fixes with respect to level titles, description, badges, or major game-breaking fixes, but only with the prior consent of the contest crew. If you need to request an edit, please post in this thread and send me a PM.
- Levels must be your own creation. Feel free to take inspiration from the world around you and from other levels, but don’t copy someone else’s work outright! That’s just not cool….
We particularly appreciate that every question regarding the contest is asked HERE in this thread and not via PM.
Remember that your question might be useful for another contender, so remember the friendly spirit of the contest and of the Community.
Leather-Monkeys, Moleynator, Mother-Misty, MrTShirt, OCK, OmegaSlayer, Shadowriver, Shropshirelass, TehUberZac, Thegide
Follow us on Twitter @LBPCContestCrew