Welcome to this fortnight’s motley collection of awesome levels. We’ve plenty for you to enjoy (and a bumper crop of nods!) so dive in and get queuing!
A special plea this week! As he's travelling, StevenI will not be able to post the hub in the ingame newsfeed tomorrow and so we’ve published today in the hope that you guys will rally round and help us get the hub onto Cool Pages for the sake of the creators featured, especially the lesser known ones. It would be such a shame if they miss out on the extra plays. So please, please give the hub a play and a yay in these critical early hours, if you can! Thanks!
You have made it through the rugged outskirts but now its into the deep forest. Make your way through the forest using Nature's Aura to add life to the forest as you go. Your journey will be accompanied by stunning visuals and a calming tune by lil_morta_7. Hope you enjoy the second part of this three part series and return for the third.
Stryder has a real gift with creating a lush forest environment and his use of lighting and music does well to construct a nice peaceful atmosphere. We saw the prelude to this level where there were still patches of ice scattered throughout, impeding the progress of spring. In this part, the ice and snow are gone and now we use our new gifts to make plants grow from bare soil. This does numerous things throughout the forest from simply moving vines to gain access to tunnels, to creating platforms. A wonderful level that gives you the opportunity to Invoke Spring.
In part 2 of this series you continue your journey through the forest and very beautiful it is too: verdant and cool, with dust motes dancing in the shafts of sunlight slanting down through the canopy into the green shadows below. The gameplay has you weaving your way through this idyll, in and out of tunnels and over streams, wakening life as you go. The music only adds to the atmosphere of tranquillity and simple beauty. This level offers a peaceful interlude in lovely surroundings and is guaranteed to refresh the weariest of sacks!
You'll need fast reflexes if you want to get the best time in this underwater fast paced level. 1 PLAYER ONLY :)
This level was truly an amazing aquatic adventure. Brucethejam reminds us that the ocean isn’t a big boring ole’ body of water—it’s full of beautiful plants, aquatic life, and your fair share of hazards of course. Granted it took a few play-thrus to even notice the scenery as you find yourself zipping around the rocky underwater structures propelled by everything from rotating sea shells and octopus tentacles. The fast-paced gameplay was very enjoyable and brucethejam was kind enough to provide us less vigilant players with small indicators showing when you need to grab to change layers or activate a bounce pad. So take a deep breath and prepare to endure the motion of the ocean
Another fantastic LBPC8 entry, brucethejam brings us an underwater experience that is just teeming with life. Fish, seashells and even a giant octopus are all there. If you think this all sounds peaceful however, you couldn’t be more wrong! Things move pretty quickly in this level, and if you don’t have your wits about you, you’re likely to be washed up pretty quick!
While driving in his spaceship Sackcadet is request to enter into the enemy spaceship and complete a mission. Notes: 1 player only. Infinite checkpoints.
It seems as though even sackboy had a crucial role in the Clone Wars! In this daring mission, you assume to role of Sackcadet and are assigned to decommission a droid factory that is spewing out thousands of droids and fueling the droid army. The jedi may have skill with a lightsaber but a different skill set is needed to make it through the droids factory—platforming—and sack people surely know how to make it through the trickiest of obstacles (given its operator inputs correctly of course). This fun and entertaining gameplay is combined with a unique design of the factory as you literally find yourself going through the assembly line of the battle droids. So get to your spaceships and shut down that droid factory. And of course—may the force be with you.
Whoa!(1) This level had me at the title and yes I will admit it, I'm a huge Star Wars nerd. That aside, this level had my mouth agape the entire time. Here is another one of those levels where, instead of running through the level collecting as many points as I could, I would stop numerous times and just check out the craftsmanship put into the design. The architecture really impressed me and all the little details were fantastic. Now gameplay, this level has everything I desire, awesome contraptions, varied play mechanics, and a good balance of fast paced action and good ol' platforming. The create force is strong with this one it is.
Bubble your way to the end through this obstacles full of spikes! Don't get spiked! or your bubble will pop! The level can get pretty challenging sooo take it easy!. Special Thanks to OneEyedBanshee, vgxlord13, Hug-of-war and everyone else who tested. Music by: @0165_Vivaldi-NL
xTrophx has worked his magic fingers and produced a level so cute and lighthearted, its almost evil. Fantastically innovative gameplay involving gusts of wind and blowing bubbles coupled together with extremely cutesy visuals and details will make you beg for more when the final bubble has been blown. However, if you don't watch your speed and momentum, you could go from high flying hero to bubble-less zero, this one is deceivingly difficult, so watch out!
The level looks cute from the outside, but packs one heck of a bite! Deceptively simple gameplay belies a diabolically perplexing obstacle course filled with deadly spikes. This level might tempt you to sling your controller out the window in a rage, but hang onto it just a few minutes more...the scoreboard is just around the corner!
I have always loved Joey's creating style, they have a sort of whimsical feel to them for me. On the surface this level has a lighthearted subject matter. You are trapped inside a bubble and make your way through a vast array of obstacles. Beneath the surface though, lies a much more sinister level. The obstacles are loaded with spikes! I'm not talking just one or two spikes here and there, but spikes all over the place! Even little rockets have spikes on the tips. And you know what happens when delicate bubbles come into contact with pointy spikes, they burst! The level itself is gorgeous in it's design and I loved the checkpoints looking like a bubble wand. This is a fantastic original creation that is loads of fun...just mind those spikes will ya.
[1 PLAYER GAME] This game obtains 800 Million total ways to play, along with 10 Million ship loadout variations to choose from. GRR was programmed to suit all Shmup gamers, and has a 10 level difficulty setting. The game can be your standard Shmup, or become an impossible Bullet Hell! The game is designed to conform to the easy going and hardcore gamers! [Date Started: 1/7/12 --- Release: 6/11/12 --- Rating: E --- Retail Price: $9.99 (JK its free ^^)] --- Review/Comment your favorite combos!
Holy Macaroni would you take a look at this!? Whoa!(2) I'm always amazed by what creators can do with the Little Big Planet engine and when I come upon a level such as this that completely makes you forget that you're even playing LBP, I'm just blown away. Rodrigo has done a superb job at creating a space shooter game that will have you on the edge of your seat the whole time. The action is intense as you fight your way through horde after horde of enemies on your way to the stage boss. There is a good variety of enemies that come at you from ever which a way and you will fire no telling how many bullets to dispense of them all. The unique thing about this level is all the variations in which to play it. From different ships to difficulty settings you'll never play the same game twice! Suit up and head into Galak-Z Raiden!
This level (as many have said) makes you forget you are even playing LBP. So I’ll try to remember this is LBP in writing this. RoDRiGo-FiLiPiNo delivers yet another stunning space shooter and this time, he allows the player to customize his/her ship to battle through stage after stage of merciless enemy spacecraft and terrifyingly huge boss ships. The customization provided a new touch to traditional Bullet-Hell style game and just really blew me away. Another thing that really caught my eye was the mechanics of the spacecraft. The enemy craft weren’t just floating around emitting projectiles, there were rotating turrets, large cannons, and much more with each adding a different effect to the projectile. Without further ado, get your controller out, customize your own spacecraft, and blast your way through the world of Galak-Z Raiden.
STRICTLY 1P ONLY--- CONTAINS LEVEL LINK--- LEVEL WILL FAIL WITH 2P OR MORE-- Enter hydrochloric, an electricity facility with plenty of contraptions and game play. this level took me month to make getin used to all the different logic.hope you enjoy. MUSIC BY FESTERD_JESTER
This level is a platform lovers dream come true. The gameplay is really smooth and has a good variety of fast paced action and run and jump platforming. As I'm traveling this level, trying to keep my mouth closed so as not to drool all over my controller, I can't help but notice the great design and construction of this environment. Contraptions. Whoa!(4) There are more contraptions than you can shake a stick at. Just tons of them and each one is wonderfully crafted and induces a big grin when activated. This level will have you on the edge of your seat the whole time, so get a move on and get to playin'!
m13ar10w86 bursts onto the LBP scene with a bang with this great platformer. It’s one of those levels where the design is so good that it seems effortless, but as you encounter one cool contraption after another you know that the creator has some serious level building skills. The level unfolds in front of your eyes: floors, walls and conveyors slotting seamlessly into place like a well oiled machine. But don’t get too caught up in watching the awesome set pieces or you’ll find yourself fried by this electric facility - there’s plenty of well paced gameplay to keep you on your toes and the visuals are slick and nicely detailed. m13ar10w86 is clearly a creator to watch.
Well one thing I can say for sure is that this level has gameplay bursting right out of the patch. I was thoroughly entertained by the gameplay throughout the level and was amazed by the unique design that went along with it. After playing this level I had to hop into create mode looking for an update because this level had me going through different layers and contraptions popping out of walls and it seemed impossible that I could be going back over the same area after flipping a switch yet the whole obstacle and environment had changed. M13ar10w86 truly delivers with a perfect combination of fast-paced gameplay with slower situations that make you sit and think about your next move for a brief second.
After escaping certain doom from a very nutritious but deadly orange, Sackboy and his bot mates find refuge in a frosty cove...but for how long? --- Play alone for the best experience! Also, there are 3 secrets to be found. Good luck trying to find them!
WHOA!(3) Unbelievable. I..I..I really don't know where to begin. L1ght's levels are so freaking amazing. With each new level he releases, they just get better and better and I don't even know how that's possible! The first time I went through this level I died a lot, A LOT. Not because it's difficult, but because I was just mesmerized by the environment that he's created. I wouldn't be paying attention to gameplay and would be staring at the background, the structure, all the details, everything and would end up getting killed on eggshells or something. This level obviously picks up where the last one left off, with our crew still exploring this dangerous living freezer. Our cool (pun?) creatinator has returned and we use it to create not only walkways but to create bridges for rolling oranges, some of which we need to balance atop. Awesome level that you simply must check out. Must!
Bah! I was just getting warmed up, but I guess its back into the Freezer in the second part of L1ghtmare’s Freezer Burn! And boy does L1ghtmare deliver a chilling adventure! This level was built of the basic principles of the first level as the player once again finds themselves sliding down icy slopes, launching off of soda cans, leaping over egg shells, and as the title suggests we see a return of those mighty oranges which are hazardous at fast speeds, but may aid you if they roll a bit slower. This may sound chaotic, but you shouldn’t worry about getting lost in this freezer—given you follow the strings of score bubbles which serve as both a guide and a way to rack up some massive score chains as you battle it out for that top score. So what are you waiting for? The ice won’t last forever (at least not in this freezer)!
Taking the level name way too literally, Sackthing’s accident prone crew start a fire in the freezer with predictable results and another hair raising, slip-sliding adventure begins. It has all the exciting gameplay of Part 1 - hurtling down icy slopes and flying over gaps filled with lethal eggshells – and the ice-making creatinator makes a welcome return, but there’s plenty that’s new too. You’re dodging those giant evil oranges, using the creatinator to create bridges for them to smash new pathways through the ice and then cheekily hitching a ride on them. It has the perfect blend of exhilarating race and fun challenge. The setting is superb: the icy freezer is brilliantly evoked and the lighting and sound effects bring it vividly to life. Wonderfully creative and with some lovely humorous touches, this level confirms Freezer Burn as a series you’ll want to play time after time. Oh, and I take back my previous comment - I hope the orange-loving owner of this freezer never cleans it out!
(Aqua-gil-ity) How quick are your reflexes? Do you think your agile enough for top spot on the leaderboard? Massive thank you to @Breezy-The-Pro for all his help and for making the logo and music. He rocks!!
This level moves fast. So much so that my head was spinning by the time I was done playing it. Despite that, I was still grinning from ear to ear...this romp through the ocean is worth it. This level reeks of quality starting with gorgeous environments, catchy tunes and fast-moving machinery. While the level is very beautiful to behold, stopping to take in the visuals is definitely NOT recommended here - a little sightseeing can easily result in you becoming impaled on a bed of spikes.
This level quite literally blew my swim trunks right off! So be on the lookout as you are propelled through this incredibly, fast-paced underwater level! Deadmn really hit the nail on the head with the level description (and I unfortunately took a few rusty nails to the head flying through this level). It definitely tested my reflexes and aquagility (which I found to be a bit slow). But nothing else really gets your adrenaline going like a fast-paced level as you go through the level trying to beat out that top time for the best score. Another nice touch was the music—at first I found it a bit strange, but as the level picked up pace; the song fit perfectly adding to the rush of adrenaline. I really encourage all of you to give this level a go and test your aquagility!
*FAST PLATFORMER* *HARD* This is a platformer based on mostly going down towards the bottom of the tower, a reversed Tower of Whoop! Enjoy! And try to finish in one piece xD *UPDATE* The entire level is now a race and some minor bugs were fixed!
Hee Hee! I was giddy as a school girl when I popped into this level. I just loved the overall design and the speed of the level is fantastic. We're mostly used to going in the opposite direction, a la Tower of Whoop, but in this level we are racing towards the bottom and what a race it is! As you descend you will be given choices, do I go left, or do I go right? Do I take the middle, left, or right tube? The different paths obviously diverge to the same place, but some paths will lead to a few more score bubbles than others. There are a great multitude of gameplay mechanics to aid you in your descension and plenty of cool contraptions to keep you entertained. Awesome level, queue it now.
What is this? A race…down? The title really pulled my into this one and the level blew my mind. So many clever contraptions made going down a lot harder than I had originally expected. And that’s not to mention that the whole level had multiple paths requiring me to make decisions in the nick of time. It’s always great to have those long chains of score bubbles to help drive you downward to get the best time and keep that multiplier going strong. I strongly encourage you to drop in and make your way to the bottom of the tower.
Make your way through nightime Eden, a landscape blooming wth nightshades and bluebells. Tread carefully, don't fall victim to the perils within! Special thanks to Ingenieus for his gamelpay help! Also thanks to The_Jump_Doctor, Sym Bionic, TomDesuUs, S8N-M and ADTK for advice testing! Music by 0165_Vivaldi-NL. Hope you enjoy this lvl as much as I enjoyed creating it! :D ! Works better with 1 Player, but playable with more than one!
It’s one thing to have a level with great gameplay and another to have a level with great visuals; however, in this new level Nightshade Eden, Dureva combines both elements together into one masterpiece. The environment is just truly breathtaking and brilliantly crafted with beautiful flowers and a glimmering night sky. In a level like this you sometimes just have to stop and admire the details—that is if you can take a break from wonderful gameplay put together to go along with it. The flow of the gameplay is kept at a perfect calming pace leaving time to admire, but still allows players to keep a faster pace and scoop up score bubbles. What I liked most about this level is how the gameplay blended with the visuals. The purple effect of the attracto-gel really looked great against the night sky and the flower bounce pads were also a nice touch. This level is definitely a must-play!
Breathtaking is the word that springs to my mind here. As I step into this "Eden" I am greeted with a nice tune that has a calming effect. I look around at my surroundings and see beautiful flowers, vines, and flowing water. Have I actually stepped into Eden? After gawking at the entrance I slowly make my forward and enjoy the serene gameplay of swinging on flower pedals and watching the Dandelion spores float gently away. The gameplay though serene, still has a nice variety of challenging obstacles and I have to admit, that I did rip my stitching a time or ten times. If you're looking for that nice relaxing level, then look no further than Nightshade Eden.
Nightshade Eden is a beautiful garden but one where unexpected dangers lurk, where loveliness is intertwined with menace. The visuals in this level are superb: great use of stickers and sticker panel to create a gorgeous garden which glows against an inky night sky. There are some wonderful touches too like the dandelion clocks which spill their seed as you pass and the nodding nightshade bells to swing on. But this is no relaxing stroll, as there are thorns aplenty to be avoided and some fun and challenging gameplay sections to test your skills. A level which is both a feast for the eyes and a pleasure to play.
Take a journey in to the Abandoned Wonderland, place where is battle between good and evil. Somewhere in this world is the switch, what will end this battle forever, find all hidden bonus score bubbles. Music By: Comishguy67 And 0165_Vivaldi-NL
When playing this level I'm, for some reason, reminded of American McGee's Alice. The whole surreal environment was really something and the masterful use of sounds and lighting really set the tone and mood of the landscape. Moving forward I'm amazed at how the level comes alive and builds itself before your very eyes. I loved all the effects on display here and think you will too as you make your way through this ominous domain of the Abandoned Wonderland
Omier is a true artist. With this level he paints a picture and tells a story without words. The use of lighting and effects is stunning and helps create an atmosphere that’s both haunting and beautiful. You travel through a world where huge ghostly clocks tick ominously and the ground under your feet shifts and shudders and lights flicker. Objects float past you and re-arrange themselves – the whole structure of the level seems to be alive and in throes of some mysterious battle between light and shadow, good and evil. It’s beautifully designed and put together and the music fits perfectly. It’s a level that you’ll want to replay instantly just to go through the whole experience again and appreciate all the wonderful evocative and magical effects. A gorgeous and unforgettable level.
A surreal environment that would make Escher dizzy and Dali confused, it all makes sense though as you deftly jump from platform to platform relying on quick reflexes and exploration to make the level move about you to open even more ways to go. Jump on down the rabbit hole and see how late you really are!
Also from the Showcase...
Played everything in the Spotlight and still looking for more?
These levels stand out from the crowd for a variety of reasons, so be sure to check them out!
- [LBP2] The humour is quirky, the platforming challenging and the design is just “fabulucius! This is not a level for the younger audience or the fainthearted but it surely is entertaining – 1: The Grand Sky Fortress of Lucius van Clustürfuque by bonner123.
- [LBP2] Zany humour, surreal settings and a sense that anything could happen and probably will – a level Mr Wonka himself would be proud of - The Wonka factory. (INTRO) by Crasito10.
- [LBP2] Great Scott! This level is heavy, a re-creation of a classic the saga starts here, 1.21 gigawatts of awesome in LBN Tribute: Back To The Future: Paradox by Mr_Fusion.
- [LBP2] Ever wanted to play Jumanji for real? Now you can in this neat level by Khodex. Roll the dice and try and survive what comes out of LBN Tribute - Jumanji (intro) by Khodex.
- [LBP2] Grab a bowl of popcorn and feast your eyes on a great spooky animation of a story of things that go bump in the night. Fright in the Night ( Cartoon / Animation ) by Kaiju_Kid.
- [LBP2] Who’d have thought navigating a snake infested labyrinth could be such fun? This level has bags of charm and some great bits of gameplay. So hitch a ride on a handy swordfish and get swimming! (LBPC Sea Snake Safari by deurklink1.
- [LBP2] Stunning artwork, some very cool (haha!) gameplay design and you have a level where fixing the air con is a blast and you’ll never look at an ice-cream cone in the same way again -Fire and Ice Cream by GeminiEos.
- [LBP2] Ya like Puzzle levels? Well have I got the level for you then. Try your luck at this top down puzzler by collecting as many points and bonus letters as you can. Be careful though, touch red and you're dead. Squared 2 [1P] by SneakySteve1983.
- [LBP2] One thing you'll notice about this level is that it's gorgeous. When you step into this lush environment full of cool contraptions and fun gameplay you won't quit smiling as you run, jump and bounce your way through Spinning Cogs by Jauw_2.
- [LBP2] See if you have what it takes to solve these puzzles by switching tracks and keeping the trains running..just not into each other. A fun level that will not only test your reflexes but you mental fortitude. Punch your ticket and hop aboard the Crazy Train (1P) by Turrao.
- [LBP2] Hop your truck, check out the cool looking dashboard, turn on the seat warmer, change some tunes and get ready to jump sand dunes, pop wheelies and enjoy the scenery as you race through this neat looking terrain when you go Freestyle Baha Racing: Unleashed by links_r_us.
- [LBP2] A stunningly designed and super-challenging underwater level – have you got the skills to survive until the next breath of air? You'll have a lot of fun trying - (LBPC Hydro Turbulence by JustinArt.
- [LBP2] Feeling nostalgic for some music from games of the past? Well then look no further than this level here. Forty tunes from classic games like Zelda, Mario, Duck Hunt, Kirby and many, many more, all neatly presented in a very realistic looking Gameboy. Sit back and enjoy 40 Retro Video Game Music Recreations! by smallant1.
- [LBP2] Didn't get enough punishment the first time around? Well then get ready for round two! Wesfun has added even more spikes, if that's even possible, and many, many contraptions to propel you forward in this level. Not a dull moment will be found in LOTSO Spikes 2 (Platformer) by Wesfun
- [LBP2] You play as an intrepid space hero and are tasked with exploring the various regions surrounding the planet Magnus. Traverse the different landscapes and encounter a variety of alien creatures and cool platforming mechanics when you seek the The Secret of Magnus [1p] by KnutsoPX.
- [LBP2] Puzzle your way through this Little Big Planet 1 level..wait, what? Yes, LBP1! This was a fun exploration level full of clever puzzles to solve in order to progress your way though the Temple of the 4 Elements by Mat-S-Aint.
- [LBP2] Take a walk through a very atmospheric silhouette level where you traverse almost entirely on the walls and ceiling. A dark and ominous mood surrounds you as make your way through this remarkable land of Fissure by sx_shookie99.
- [LBP2] Explore this starship that is rich in details and fun gameplay mechanics, but be warned, there are deadly obstacles to avoid as well. Great fun when you dock with the starship Alpha Aeon by Zikan611.
- [LBP2] Grab some buddies or fly solo as you compete in 13 extremely addictive mini games in RanSack; Minigame Explodaganza! by SpacePiratekhan.
- [LBP2] Jump into this castle wrought with clever mechanisms, a healthy array of contraptions and sinister danger in The Cardboard Palace by XxAsCeNdEnCexX.
- [LBP2] Man, if this is just a demo, I can't wait till the full level releases. A good deal of work went into recreating the opening level to Sly Cooper: The Thievius Racoonus (Demo) by justice1989.
- [LBP2] Fast-paced, fun and felty! This colourful platformer will have you swinging and bouncing along at a furious pace so hold on to your hat and getting playing Momentum Felt "platformer" by brucethejam.
- [LBP2] Who knew being trapped in a box could be so much fun? This is an original and creative concept that’s great to play and the humorous cinematic ending will have you laughing as you leave. Hako LiBi-Sack in the Box Adventure by oya_710
- [LBP2] A magical and beautiful forest in the depths of space – great visuals and solid gameplay make this a charming and relaxing level you won’t want to miss - Natural Gravity (platformer) by Alain251.
- [LBP2] Sometimes less is more and this level is great example of that – a simple but really well executed retro shooter with super smooth controls and a neat scoring system – you’ll have a blast playing ENIGMA: Revolution by ReDDroNE.
- [LBP2] A nicely paced platformer with some cool underwater sections and very green monster – race to get that high score and avoid being lunch - [stcp] Flottant dans L'elan - 1 player only by Fuzzbreeks.